Tony Hawk's Project 8 - XBOX 360 $44 outpost preorder Free S&H

Hmmmmm, too jump on this deal or not to jump on this deal. These outpost preorder deals are so tempting but you might get a stinker. I have a feeling P8 will be awesome though.

The demo is pretty cool, but I think I need to know a little more about this game before I decide. Looks like a pretty solid price for a new release though. I'm just afraid this could end up being really short like THUG 2 and THAW were.

This game looks amazing, its easily going to be the best one since THPS4.

Great deal on it as well, but does anyone know how fast Fry's ships them out? I'd like to get this and GoW, but if it isn't going to be there quick, I would rather spend more and get them the day they come out.

The game will be good, the only problem is that outposts shipping sux and it may be worth it to just get it elsewhere for a little more.

Very tempted...dont care about slow shipping since I have Gears of War and then the Wii coming up.... I haven't ordered from outpost in 3 years, do they charge your debit/credit right away or when it ships?

I just realized I won't have my 360 back from repair until around the 15th anyways so I went ahead and took advantage of this deal.

Total came to almost $47 after tax

[quote name='Kendro']So tempting. But Tony Hawk games drop in price like Madden or any other EA sports title.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but this is a $15 price drop off the bat. So tempted....but it's the type of game I could wait for if needed. With gears, Wii, new 360 stuff, etc..hrrm

I may pick this up , I really can't take how many games comes out at the same time I don't know which I should get more through them all.

Nice deal. I already pre-ordered from Play-Asia for $43 shipped though. All Activision games have been region-free in the past, so I'm pretty sure Tony Hawk will be as well. Plus, after Outpost took about a month to send me a pre-ordered Oblivion, I think I have better faith in Play-Asia shipping it around the world and getting Tony Hawk to me faster. :)

Got in on it. The demo seemed good enough for a buy, and I've been skipping the past few Tony Hawk games anyways.

I want this as it's a good game to just kill time with but I plan on playing a lot of Gears of War. Bad timing on the release date with GOW out the same day. It's a hell of a deal though, and I don't know when it will go on sale again. But like the other guy said Tony Hawk games do drop like Madden's and they go low fast. I think I will hold off as by the time I'm done with Gears of War this game will be like $25.

Just for the people who are saying Tony Hawk games drop fast... that is only for old gen systems. American Wasteland took a hell of a long time to drop for the 360 and it's still hanging in there at something like $40 MSRP.

Basacially, you can pay $44 now, or wait six months and pay $40 then.

Considering American Wasteland is still 40 bucks, don't expect Project 8 to be cheaper within the next 9-12 months. I think 43.99 is a heck of a deal. What you do if they take too long to ship it is go buy a copy at Wal-Mart on release day. When your copy from outpost.com does come in you can take it to Wal-Mart and get a refund. That way you get it on release day and at a great price.

Unbelievably tempting. The only thing holding me back is how disappointing I've thought the last few TH's were, but the demo for 8 seemed solid.

Agh, I jumped, thanks OP! I've been a huge fan of the Tony Hawk Series, but the THUG line started to kill it for me, and I didn't even try THAW. Like Mix Master Ice said, THAW is now only at $40 and it was a launch title. The demo was beautiful and seemed to bring the series back to its roots :D I rather pay the $44 now and just keep it wrapped until I'm done with GoW, Guitar Hero II....expensive expensive November :cry:

Good deal but there is just too much coming out this holiday season as it is. GOW, COD3, RS:Vegas, Wii with Zelda, Excite Truck, etc. and then school and work. I will just keep playing the hell out of the demo for now.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Good deal, and good game, but this'll be down to $40 by about January and $20 a few months after that[/QUOTE]

Like it's been said before, this is very highly doubtful, as even Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is just now at $39.99 MSRP a year after it's been out.

The pricing drop conventions of past generation's don't really apply to the next gen right now. And besides, $40 + tax + gas is about equal to $44 anyways... this way, I'll get it now, and if for some reason I don't like it / it gets old fast / whatever reason, I can sell it on Ebay for that $44 back fairly easily.

I bit on this deal after thinking it over, luckily Outpost ships slow so I can get this one in AFTER I'm already done with Gears of War.

I really want to get on this deal. I have Tony Hawk 8 paid off at gamestop already. After this month I will be ocmpletely short on money, I could actually use this 15 bucks savings for another game... BUT, I have a 5 day weekend on the day the game is released. I will have Gears of War, but still...

Thoughts? I really want to do it, but idk... :whistle2:(

[quote name='supafly1824']I really want to get on this deal. I have Tony Hawk 8 paid off at gamestop already. After this month I will be ocmpletely short on money, I could actually use this 15 bucks savings for another game... BUT, I have a 5 day weekend on the day the game is released. I will have Gears of War, but still...

Thoughts? I really want to do it, but idk... :whistle2:([/quote]I would save the 15 dollars. No reason not to. You'll be getting gow anyways you don't need 2 games on the same day trust me.

Hey I have a question, do you think that this price would be reflected at the Fry's brick and mortar store when Project 8 is released or just online? also, do you think that the price will go up after it is released so if i were to wait and check to see if the in store price is more then i could just order it online or would it be too late?

[quote name='dreads3213']Hey I have a question, do you think that this price would be reflected at the Fry's brick and mortar store when Project 8 is released or just online? also, do you think that the price will go up after it is released so if i were to wait and check to see if the in store price is more then i could just order it online or would it be too late?[/QUOTE]

The price usually always goes up after awhile... it wouldn't surprise me if this one was dead tommorrow or Tuesday.

Man I really want to do this, but I know it will be backordered somehow for me and that it will take 3 months to get here...

[quote name='thamaster24']Man I really want to do this, but I know it will be backordered somehow for me and that it will take 3 months to get here...[/QUOTE]

Even if it does, unless this is like your #1 must play when it's released game for the 360 for November, you'll never beat $44 shipped free no tax.

The longer you wait though the chances of getting it relatively soon go down... I just placed my order right now, so I'll probably get in on some later shipment and get the game two weeks after everyone else.

At least I'll have finished Gears of War by then.

That's just the thing with outpost... great prices, but only if you don't need to have the game anywhere close to release.

[quote name='Roufuss']Even if it does, unless this is like your #1 must play when it's released game for the 360 for November, you'll never beat $44 shipped free no tax.

The longer you wait though the chances of getting it relatively soon go down... I just placed my order right now, so I'll probably get in on some later shipment and get the game two weeks after everyone else.

At least I'll have finished Gears of War by then.

That's just the thing with outpost... great prices, but only if you don't need to have the game anywhere close to release.[/quote]

Now that I think about it, I've preordered 3 games this month, and with Christmas coming up... I need to save whatever I have, so I think I'll buy this with whatever credit for wherever I get....

Thanks though OP it is a good deal

Darn...got the backorder email this morning. Still a good deal, guess I'll have to be busy with Gears and Guitar Hero II until it ships.

[quote name='captmurphy']Just got an email.... product is backordered....[/QUOTE]

They send those out when you preorder it... it's not backordered, they just don't have any in since the game hasn't even come out yet.

[quote name='Roufuss']They send those out when you preorder it... it's not backordered, they just don't have any in since the game hasn't even come out yet.[/QUOTE]

I got the e-mail too. But you mean as in they have yet to even receive any copies of the game at all?

according to the website the game is still available for pre-order so I would expect an e-mail tomorrow saying the game has shipped.

[quote name='shipwreck']Nice deal. I already pre-ordered from Play-Asia for $43 shipped though. All Activision games have been region-free in the past, so I'm pretty sure Tony Hawk will be as well. Plus, after Outpost took about a month to send me a pre-ordered Oblivion, I think I have better faith in Play-Asia shipping it around the world and getting Tony Hawk to me faster. :)[/quote]

Yes exactly Outpost has become unreliable, after todays Gears Of War fiasco, I don't trust them anymore, I had it pre-ordered and was told on several occasions that it would definatly ship today. After much run around, and several long bouts on hold, I found out they are not expecting it until the 11th. Which is BS anyway I promtly cancelled and bought it at full price at Gamestop. WTH its a great game who wants to wait? If you look at the site they have many titles still back ordered from there release, which they never get or never get enough to cover the orders and demand. I'm talking stuff as old as two years or more, I had been waiting on other games for over a month they never got either, Outpost is just crap now.

[quote name='Roufuss']They send those out when you preorder it... it's not backordered, they just don't have any in since the game hasn't even come out yet.[/quote]

I too just received the OOS e:mail this morning. I find it odd that they'd send it approx. 48 hours after it was ordered for a pre-order, as opposed to just sending a confirmation of shipment when it was fulfilled. I might give them a call today to see if I can find anything out if I'm feeling rambunctious enough... but to be honest I could probably wait a week or two. I'm awash in so many damn games as it is. Woo-hoo 4th quarter craziness!

bread's done
Back