Too Many New Straps?

[quote name='moojuice']Because I spent 3 hours shoveling snow before, so my fingers were weak. Yes, im a wuss.[/quote]

That's right, you pantywaist!

Well I just got em today and I signed up for the thing right when it started. I guess you'll be getting yours next week.

ordered 2 and got 2 today. Now I have Wii straps on my Wii remotes (obviously), my DS Lite and my cell phone.

What's everybody else doing with the extra/old straps?

[quote name='moe11888']Am I the only person that hasn't recieved anything yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I placed an order 12/19 and still haven't received anything.

Is a customer service call useless for this?

[quote name='ZoneFighter']I ordered mine on the 15th and haven't received them yet. I live in Central NY state.[/quote]

I ordered 3 on 12/15 and got 3 on 12/29. No bonus straps here, my envelope says they were mailed from Zipcode 76106 on 12/27.

[quote name='asianxcore']Nope. I placed an order 12/19 and still haven't received anything.

Is a customer service call useless for this?[/QUOTE]
Give it a shot

1-800-255-3700

I think Nintendo's order form is a little screwy. Its probably entering everyones entry twice.

[quote name='iazybandit']Give it a shot

1-800-255-3700

I think Nintendo's order form is a little screwy. Its probably entering everyones entry twice.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I gave them a call this morning.

Even though I put in my order the 17th/18th, the customer service rep said it didn't go through until the 22nd.

Unfortunely, my order for the straps is still pending, though on track. So it looks like they might be out at the moment, but the rep said they tend to get them in all the time.

Time to wait it out.

Can't remember what day I ordered, though I remember posting earlier in this thread.

Ordered four and got eight... :lol:

Though, I know a few people that weren't going to take the time to order the replacement ones. Guess I'll give some to them.

To be honest this is how it's prolly going down. The most expensive part of replacing the straps? Shipping. So they tally up how many controllers they've sold before the new straps. Let's say 2 million controllers were sold. Nintendo set's aside 2 million new straps to be handed out. Once they are handed out, Nintendo is done. So they throw in extras to everyone, and the 2 million new straps are gone within a month. The press release reads: "We've replaced 2 million new straps in the last month. Our job is done" Wham bam, The Big N saves a couple hundred thousand in shipping and looks good while doing it.

I ordered 4 and got 8 as well. What I am wondering is if they were sending out straps to those who tied their wii to their my nintendo account automatically and didn't tell anyone. So if you ordered some online you got more.

Just a theory though, did anyone who got extra not have their wii tied to their nintendo account?

I am noob to this Wii, so where do I go to order these straps they are the ones that lock on ur writst, not the generic ones with out a wrist lock? let me know

[quote name='Ryan187412']thanks, I just got My Wii, do you think I can just get a few straps from them just to have it?[/QUOTE]
Just fill out the online form and wait a couple weeks. You'll get them. If you dont, there are plenty of Wii owners who have extras.

Thanks my fellow new yorker...and that guy from UK, Yeah I just ordered some online, I took a look at the one in my box, looks about the same, but I will take more if they give em to me....

[quote name='Scorched']I ordered 4 and got 8 as well. What I am wondering is if they were sending out straps to those who tied their wii to their my nintendo account automatically and didn't tell anyone. So if you ordered some online you got more.

Just a theory though, did anyone who got extra not have their wii tied to their nintendo account?[/quote]

My Wii is tied, I only got 4

This is weird.

While I was visiting family over Christmas week, my 2 replacement straps came in the mail.

Then yesterday, another package came from Nintendo with 2 more straps. Anyone else get 2 separate shipments?

[quote name='daroga']This is weird.

While I was visiting family over Christmas week, my 2 replacement straps came in the mail.

Then yesterday, another package came from Nintendo with 2 more straps. Anyone else get 2 separate shipments?[/QUOTE]
Some people have. I dont know if mine came together or separate. I wasnt home for a day or so when they arrived.

[quote name='SoulReaver']I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to put on the new straps and remove the old ones.[/quote]

Actually, it seems quite a few people I know didn't know what to do either.

It's too much work to try and salvage the old strap; just cut it off the remote.

Then, pinch the string on the new cord together (pinched looks like: " === " ) and slide it through the holes on the wiimote. Now, you should have the string going through both holes and back into its loop shape " O " . Then, take the entire strap, and slide it through the string loop. The string will come down the strap, and then you can pull the string tightly into a knot on the wiimote.

Hope that helped, though typing it is tough to do. You could always look online for a diagram; I'm sure there's one somewhere.

[quote name='daroga']This is weird.

Then yesterday, another package came from Nintendo with 2 more straps. Anyone else get 2 separate shipments?[/quote]

Same thing happened to me, though I got both my packages on the same day. I guess I just assumed everyone saying they got extra straps got two packages.

I ordered 4 and got 4 inside a very small padded envelope, along with a notice about safety. I ordered them the night it was possible (probably within a few hours at worst of it coming up). My Wii is tied to my account.

However, early this morning, I got an e-mail telling me they would be shipping soon and to expect them within 2 weeks from shipping date. Which is funny, because it looks like the shipping date is December 21st or so.

Anyway, weird scenario. I'll see if I get a second package.

Where the hell are those dam new straps? I ordered them 12/22... and it still says In-Process...

[quote name='V Man']Where the hell are those dam new straps? I ordered them 12/22... and it still says In-Process...[/quote]

Same here, I decided to e-mail Nintendo about it today.

[quote name='yukine']Same here, I decided to e-mail Nintendo about it today.[/QUOTE]

Tell me how it goes Yukine... because I'll email them too if they say that you'll get yours soon...

[quote name='Rig']Actually, it seems quite a few people I know didn't know what to do either.

It's too much work to try and salvage the old strap; just cut it off the remote.

Then, pinch the string on the new cord together (pinched looks like: " === " ) and slide it through the holes on the wiimote. Now, you should have the string going through both holes and back into its loop shape " O " . Then, take the entire strap, and slide it through the string loop. The string will come down the strap, and then you can pull the string tightly into a knot on the wiimote.

Hope that helped, though typing it is tough to do. You could always look online for a diagram; I'm sure there's one somewhere.

[/quote]
Thanks, worked well. I managed to salvage the old straps easily.

I ordered two and got two on 12/24/06. Today I got two more packages with two straps in each. I ended up getting six when I only ordered two.

I ordered on the 3rd, got a email bout my order. On the 7th got a shipped email. Today I got my 4 straps. NOA is superfast with all my experiences. I wonder if more straps will show up.

On the first day it was available (or around there), I accidentally left it on "1" and went back and added 3 more. They sent two packages; one package with 1 and one package with 3. I'll be damned, they sent another two packages this month and now I have a total of 8.

finally:

"We wanted to let you know that your replacement wrist strap order has
been shipped via standard mail and may take up to 5-9 business days
for delivery.

If you have any questions, please e-mail us at
[email protected]. Please include your phone number in your
message in case our representative needs to contact you by phone.

Thanks again for your order!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service Department"

Hopefully I'll get them by monday.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Maybe it isn't a Glitch at all. One for your Wiimote the other for your nunchuck.[/quote]The nunchuk doesn't use a strap.

Also, Monday is a holiday, so no deliveries.

bread's done
Back