TooManyGames video game convention, May 4th, Reading, PA

TooManyGames

CAG Veteran
Heya, everyone!

I wanted to make sure CAG members were aware of the upcoming TooManyGames convention! We always have a great marketplace FULL of vendors hocking tons of games, rare games, cheap games, common games, import games, just about anything you could need is at the show!

I want to post our press release, I hope it's cool with the mods. Please check out our website at www.toomanygames.com I hope to see a lot of CAG community members at the show!

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TMG Vendor & Sponsor Contact[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]Chuck Whitby[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]610.618.0653[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif][email protected][/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TMG General Info Contact[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]Paul Truitt[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]215.307.7900[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif][email protected][/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TooManyGames – The east coast's premier indie gaming event showcases video games in all their infinite splendor.[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]Reading, Pa – March 19th, 2008 – 2008 marks the 5th year of TooManyGames, the east coast gaming expo. In the last four years thousands of gamers have stormed Reading, PA to take part in Pennsylvania's premier gaming event and this year's May 4th event plans to blow all the others out of the water![/FONT]

“[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TooManyGames isn't an event run by corporate heads who push mission statements,” says TMG founder, Chuck Whitby, “we're the same gamers who attend the show. We know what gamers want in an expo and we push to give them exactly that!”[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TooManyGames features tons of awesome entertainment including:[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- Dozens of game systems and arcade games set up for free play all day long[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- Guitar Hero National Championships, hosted by Twin Galaxies and sponsored by Red Octane and Nyko[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- The largest gaming marketplace of any convention[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- Dozens of classic and modern game tournaments[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- Contests including the first CosPlay competition and TooManyGames Scavenger Hunt[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- Music DJ'ed by world famous OverClocked Remix[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- 'Frag for the Cure' charity Halo 2 tournament[/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]- tons more![/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]New organizer Paul Truitt says “This is a totally awesome community event! Gamers can get together to shop for new games to play, get some awesome video game artwork, win some cool prizes, and just hang out and play games with everyone else!”[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TooManyGames is proud to team up with CharityGamers.org to host the first “Frag for the Cure” event at this year's event. Gamers will be able to face off in the legendary FPS Halo 2 to support multiple sclerosis research.[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]Vendor and exhibitor space is currently sold out. 34 vendors and exhibitors are filling up the TMG marketplace offering classic games, new games, video game artwork, tournaments, and more for everyone to enjoy! [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TooManyGames is still open for new sponsors to join Red Octane, Jolt Energy, Nyko Accessories, Mad-Gear, LLC, QuarterArcade.com, Twin Galaxies, Good Deal Games, and our other sponsors. Companies interested in sponsoring TooManyGames should contact Chuck Whitby at [email protected][/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]TooManyGames will make its return at the Greater Reading Expo Center in Reading, Pennsylvania on Sunday, May 4th 2008. Show hours are 11am to 8pm, 10am to 8pm for people who preregister for tickets online. Media is welcome during setup hours of 7am-10am.[/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]For more information on TooManyGames you can visit the official website at: [/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace][FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]www.toomanygames.com[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Bitstream Vera Serif, serif]# # # [/FONT]

If anyone lives in or around Berks Country, PA you should stop by the Leesport Farmers Market on the 6th and 20th. TooManyGames is renting a stand at the market to do some local promotion for the convention. We're gonna have a few TVs setup, games will be played, games will be sold, video game music will be played, maybe even an impromptu tournament will happen! It should be an awesome little time for people who come out to show their support! 8*)

You sir have made my month. Now i have something to do before i get spanked with exams at the end of the semester. I also feel ashamed for not knowing this existed in my home town.

I would totally go to this, but I just bought tickets to a Nationals game that day. Hopefully it will be successful and I'll be there for the next one!

MjC

What month are you guys going to be in Leesport? I am there often.

Also, I will be attending TooManyGames convention, seems bad ass

We're gonna be there this coming Sunday (the 20th) under the main pavilion. Should be an awesome weekend, weather looks good plus there's a toy show in the main hall!

[quote name='thegame310']What month are you guys going to be in Leesport? I am there often.

Also, I will be attending TooManyGames convention, seems bad ass[/quote]

I just got word from Mike Thomasson of Good Deal Games that they plan to do an official release of two new 3DO games at TooManyGames! Onside Soccer and Powerslide will be getting their first official release at the May 4th show! These games will come with professionally printed cases and manual using the original artwork developed for the games in the late '90s!

Also if he can get everything together in time he'll be debuting the latest Arcade Ambiance CD! These CDs are really cool, each features authentic music and sound effects from arcade games mixed into an awesome sounding compilation, it sounds just like you're walking into a classic arcade!

I would be there if it was a little closer to DC, but don't think I can make the trip all the way to PA.

Bah, that's no excuse! 8*) Both Mad-Gear and OC Remix are coming up from the DC area, it's only like a 5 hour drive. 8*)

[quote name='ighosty']I would be there if it was a little closer to DC, but don't think I can make the trip all the way to PA.[/quote]

bread's done
Back