Toshiba A3 HD DVD Player + 10 Movies $299

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Bestbuy.com has the Toshiba A3 Hd player for $199.99 (plus tax) plus you can select any 3 movies (including preorders) plus the usual 5 MIRB

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat135100050035

:hot: :hot:
Pre-orders work so you are able to select upcoming blockbuster titles like Shrek 3 and Bourne Ultimatum.

Remember you are also getting 300 (non combo) and Bourne Identity in the box!!!!!

That's 10 Movies FREE!!!

:hot: :hot:

Linkin provided scan in the closed Hd dvd Deals thread.

bba3ro2.jpg

Screenshot

bb.jpg

I am on the phone right now trying to get my third free HD DVD. I ordered the A3 on Friday, but haven't picked it up yet in store.

I'm in the same boat as you (thebob)...tell me what they say because I also want another free movie.

[quote name='nh1129']I'm in the same boat as you (thebob)...tell me what they say because I also want another free movie.[/quote]

Yup, same here except I bought mine at my local B&M store. Either way I am happy with the deal I got ($199+9 movies). My local store sold out so shipping would have neglected the extra free movie!

Wait. I'm confused. Doesn't it say $299 for the 10 free movies and not 199? And where's the deal with $199 for 9 free movies? I would like the $199 deal with the 10 free movies, though. If' that's possible.

[quote name='moviewizguy']Wait. I'm confused. Doesn't it say $299 for the 10 free movies and not 199? And where's the deal with $199 for 9 free movies? I would like the $199 deal with the 10 free movies, though. If' that's possible.[/quote]

The ad shows 299.99 but the a3 player is currently on sale for 199.99 on their website....

Use in store pickup and you can pick it up at your local store,,,

[quote name='moviewizguy']Wait. I'm confused. Doesn't it say $299 for the 10 free movies and not 199? And where's the deal with $199 for 9 free movies? I would like the $199 deal with the 10 free movies, though. If' that's possible.[/quote]

Goto bestbuy.com and add the HD-A3 to your cart with 3 other movies. Those 3 movies become free, you get five through the mail, and 2 in the box. Also when you add it to your cart the price becomes $199 and you can choose in-store pickup.

Okay, just got off the phone and they suggested that I just cancel the order and re-order because I want the third HD DVD and the points to count for the holiday rewards zone promo. Account will be credited within 48-72 hours and I am off to re-order. Still unsure about the pre-order HD DVDs, wonder if they would catch that (it says on the page excluding pre-orders) and not honor it.

Wow! That's great! But I'm 15 and I have never bought things on the internet. Still, if I can ask my parents...still good!

[quote name='thebob101']Okay, just got off the phone and they suggested that I just cancel the order and re-order because I want the third HD DVD and the points to count for the holiday rewards zone promo. Account will be credited within 48-72 hours and I am off to re-order. Still unsure about the pre-order HD DVDs, wonder if they would catch that (it says on the page excluding pre-orders) and not honor it.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I think I'm just going to goto the store and if they don't honor the 3rd movie I'll just do a return and buyback there since all the movies I picked weren't pre-orders.

[quote name='moviewizguy']Are you sure you can get pre orders?[/quote]
see screenshot in the op...

They get zeroed out... and you DONT have to get preorders if you dont want to.. there are alot of great titles available now like Transformers! If i didnt already have an hd player i would prob just select titles that are already released.

It may seem I want to have Star Dust and Bourne 3...and maybe Transformers. Would've been a lot better if the 5 movies in the mail was also your choice.

Does anyone know if you can use the 12% BB coupons when ordering online? Someone in another post said they did, but I can't find any online code on the coupon.

I asked this in one of the HD/BD threads, but I lost track of it: Does that 300 disc have all the features of the combo disc?

Most if not all Best Buy coupons I saw before have in the fine print "xx% off of the regular price" or "xx% off regularly priced item" and since this player is on sale I don't think they would let you stack it with the $199 price.

Edit:
SteveMcQ - I'm not 100% sure since I don't have 300 in HD DVD yet but according to the review here: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29813&___rd=1 it seems as if all the extras that were on the SD side are also on the HD side.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I asked this in one of the HD/BD threads, but I lost track of it: Does that 300 disc have all the features of the combo disc?[/quote]

According to initial reports, the disc's HD DVD side is otherwise identical to the commercially-released version, with the only net loss in terms of overall content being the audio commentary, which had been exclusive to the disc's DVD side (the HD DVD side replaces that track with its own exclusive picture-in-picture video commentary).

[quote name='rmayernik'][quote name='guyver2077']Bestbuy.com has the Toshiba A3 Hd player for $199.99 (plus tax) plus you can select any 3 movies (including preorders) plus the usual 5 MIRB

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat135100050035

The info page online about this sale says that preorders are NOT included....has anyone tried this with a preorder? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, I did 3 pre-orders, shrek 3, bourne 3, and stardust. It also says to add 3 to your cart and the 2 lowest will be free, but that must be a misprint too. Also, if you go to any pre-order hd dvd, it has the 8 free hd dvds promotion link in that hd dvd page.(for example go to the shrek 3 page, click the link and it will take you to the deal).

Does it come with a component cable, or HDMI (or both)? I think I'm going to get the HD-A3 and Planet Earth for my dad for Christmas, and I'll keep the 8 extra movies. I'm pretty sure his TV doesn't have HDMI, though -- it's pretty old.

I would definity buy it if it wasn't for the 5 via mail selection sux and I have the 360 add on already so..

btw none of the best buy's near me have any a3s lol!

[quote name='Koggit']Does it come with a component cable, or HDMI (or both)? I think I'm going to get the HD-A3 and Planet Earth for my dad for Christmas, and I'll keep the 8 extra movies. I'm pretty sure his TV doesn't have HDMI, though -- it's pretty old.[/quote]

i think i heard a few ppl say it comes with an hdmi cable...

if not then you could pick up some cheap component cables somewhere

[quote name='guyver2077']i think i heard a few ppl say it comes with an hdmi cable...

if not then you could pick up some cheap component cables somewhere[/QUOTE]

no video cables at all, only power cable in the one i picked up

what happened to the circuit city A3 + 3 movies instant + 5 mail in rebate deal? i thought people were talking about this but can't find anything on their site?

[quote name='mbeno13']what happened to the circuit city A3 + 3 movies instant + 5 mail in rebate deal? i thought people were talking about this but can't find anything on their site?[/QUOTE]

It's only for the A-30 at $399.00 and its in-store only I just called and the guy checked for me to see if the promo extended to the other toshiba players like the A-2 and A-3.

I just bit for the A-3 deal at Best Buy, I picked up the player plus Superman Returns, and Bourne Supremacy via in-store pickup, plus the Bourne Ultimatum with free shipping from the dot com.

Remember that if you buy online you can choose Pre-orders as your free titles.
  • Shrek The Thrid
  • I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
  • Old School
  • Anchorman
  • The Bourne Ultimatum
  • The Aviator
  • Twister
  • StarDust
  • Harry Potter (any of them excluding the set)
+ More

I'm going to keep waiting until I can get Planet Earth for free. I was really close to getting in on that Xbox Add-on + Heroes + 3 Other movies glitch a few weeks back.

We wondered if we could get another free movie so my wife called BB and the lady said to print a copy of the website offer (3 instantly vs the 2 we got 2 days ago) and bring in our receipt and that we could pick up another free HD-DVD.

This deal is pretty sweet, 10 movies and the A3 for $199! Thanks to the OP of this deal.

I just went and got Children of Men with no hassle, they just said go pick what I want and they rang it up. Very nice of them.

Can anyone explain the primary differences between the A2 and and the A3. I bought the A2 at Wal-Mart Friday for $99 but am considering this deal instead because of the movies. Is the extra $100 worth it on the A3?

[quote name='IOWABERG']Can anyone explain the primary differences between the A2 and and the A3. I bought the A2 at Wal-Mart Friday for $99 but am considering this deal instead because of the movies. Is the extra $100 worth it on the A3?[/quote]
Look in other threads (or at AVSForum.com) for a more detailed answer...but IMHO, it's not worth $100 more, but that's not really how much more the player itself is costing you. Depends on what price you put on Bourne Identity, 300, and the 3 extras. If you were buying those 2 plus 3 others NEW, the A3 deal would be better. But if you were trading other stuff for the new HD DVDs, or buying them used, you might be better off getting the A2 for $100.

Personally, I got 2 A2s at Walmart - giving 1 to my parents for Xmas, putting the other in my bedroom - and ordered an A3 for in-store pickup at BB. This way I get a bunch of HD DVDs right away. Ultimately, I'll end up buying most of my HD DVDs used.

[quote name='IOWABERG']Can anyone explain the primary differences between the A2 and and the A3. I bought the A2 at Wal-Mart Friday for $99 but am considering this deal instead because of the movies. Is the extra $100 worth it on the A3?[/quote]

This was discussed in an older thread... essentially they are identical. The a3 has a smaller form factor...

Just got back from best buy about 2 1/2 hours ago (sat down and watched transformers :cool: ). I bought the A3 for instore pickup on friday, but couldn't pick it up until today. To get the 3rd free movie they had to do a return and buyback but I wasn't going to complain for an extra movie. In the end I walked out with: HD-A3, TMNT, The Departed, and Transformers for a little over $200.

[quote name='nh1129']Just got back from best buy about 2 1/2 hours ago (sat down and watched transformers :cool: ). I bought the A3 for instore pickup on friday, but couldn't pick it up until today. To get the 3rd free movie they had to do a return and buyback but I wasn't going to complain for an extra movie. In the end I walked out with: HD-A3, TMNT, The Departed, and Transformers for a little over $200.[/QUOTE]

Along with 300 and Bourne Identity, right? Those are included in the box of the A3?

[quote name='Koggit']Along with 300 and Bourne Identity, right? Those are included in the box of the A3?[/quote]

Ya, the A3 is a present so I forgot to mention them.

Has anyone been successful at pming the 3 free movie deal with last week's 2 free movie deal? Im going to go try today.

Well, I drove 30min to Best Buy (and 30min back) to pickup my A2 and it turns out that those mother fuckers oversold them so I got shit....the online print out states that I get $10 off it my order is not ready in a 1min when I get there, so I got a $10 giftcard out of them and the manager there said he will call 1-888-BEST-BUY on Monday to see if they can ship me an A2 at no charge...ofcourse we all know that they're no longer in stock so I'm hoping that the ship me an A3 instead. If nothing is done, I'm going to call them myself and bitch.

My $99 A3 just shipped today from Best Buy. In case anyone else got in on the A2/A3 switch deal, make sure you also get your two free movies from last week's promo as well. I at first got denied by the CSR but then called the promotions dept direct today and the guy said I definitely qualified and put the free order in for me today. $99 A3 + 9 free movies makes me an especially happy camper.

[quote name='lawdood']My $99 A3 just shipped today from Best Buy. In case anyone else got in on the A2/A3 switch deal, make sure you also get your two free movies from last week's promo as well. I at first got denied by the CSR but then called the promotions dept direct today and the guy said I definitely qualified and put the free order in for me today. $99 A3 + 9 free movies makes me an especially happy camper.[/quote]How'd you manage to get your free movies when you only bought the A2?

Just go back from BB. I got the A3, Transformers, Batman Begins, Bourne Ultimatum(pre-order) and the other 7 movies for $216 after tax. Not a bad deal at all.

bread's done
Back