Toys R Us 10/6 - 10/10 Snow White $19.99 ($9.99 after coupon)

prim4444

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Both versions on sale

Blu-ray/DVD combo 235794
DVD/Blu-ray combo 235799

Ad also mentions a $10 online coupon offer for 4 days only.
(10/6-10/9 Go to www.snowwhiteoffer.com)
I don't know if this will be the same type of coupon that is already available right now.

Site is coming up now as page not found, maybe will work only during the 4 days next week??
Edit: Looks like site is up and running now.

Also, if you pre-order your copy of Snow White in store before release, you will get a $5.00 gift card when you pick up your movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
just printed out the coupon, and will definitely pick this up if it's the $20 like the ad says. If TRU opened up earlier (I work 3rd shift), I'd preorder and get the $5 giftcard.

Picked up the early sunday edition and checked out the TRU ad, sure enough the ad clearly states the sale price will be 19.99 and points out the online coupon which will make it 9.99 final price also clearly stated. Stopped by TRU on my way to work to drop a preorder. Thanks again primm! Primm is the man and uber-reliable, but this deal really seemed to be too good to be true so I had to see it for myself. Thanks again OP!

Pre-ordered at TRU, thanks OP! I thought about preordering at BB for the steelbook, but with my luck, they would refuse for some reason or another. What a great deal for a Disney Blu-Ray!

So what do you do if when you click the link and it says, "Sorry! You have already printed this coupon the number of times allowed."? My first two prints didn't come out correctly.

It seems if you pre-order "Up" the $5.00 off another DVD/Blu-ray promo must be on the same receipt as the "Up" pre-order itself. So it seem the best way to combine both the "Snow White" promo and the "Up" promo is to pre-order "Up" in the same transaction as paying off your balance for "Snow White".

p.s.
In the ad it shows the price of the "Up" Blu-ray as $34.99 wont it be a lower price on its week of release?

[quote name='gameboykid14']So what do you do if when you click the link and it says, "Sorry! You have already printed this coupon the number of times allowed."? My first two prints didn't come out correctly.[/QUOTE]

find another computer, or try requesting a mailed copy, but it probably wont show up in time. there is really no way of getting it to print from the same computer again without reformatting.

[quote name='ajh2298']It seems if you pre-order "Up" the $5.00 off another DVD/Blu-ray promo must be on the same receipt as the "Up" pre-order itself. So it seem the best way to combine both the "Snow White" promo and the "Up" promo is to pre-order "Up" in the same transaction as paying off your balance for "Snow White".

p.s.
In the ad it shows the price of the "Up" Blu-ray as $34.99 wont it be a lower price on its week of release?[/QUOTE]

How does TRU handle canceling preorders? i.e. if Up is really $35, I won't buy it. Seems to make sense to preorder the UP anyway when picking up the Snow White as the $5 for preorder - $5 for buying both nets $0, so not losing anything.

canceling pre orders is jsut like any other store, just state you want to cancel. and they will refund your $5. i personally will be waiting till the week of release. the blu steel from canada is tempting.

Thanks to the OP for posting the early ad. I have to admit that I was not really believing that this deal was real. $5 GC plus $10 coupon makes this a steal at $5.

[quote name='KyleN']How does TRU handle canceling preorders? i.e. if Up is really $35, I won't buy it. Seems to make sense to preorder the UP anyway when picking up the Snow White as the $5 for preorder - $5 for buying both nets $0, so not losing anything.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. What would the harm be in preordering Up? The $5 you put down is offset by the $5 off you get on Snow White.

Does UP BD come with a DVD copy?

Damn, this is a great deal. I'm going to get one, and I'm not even that big of a Disney fan.

I'm going to try to pre-order tomorrow so I can get the $5 GC. Is this something the employee's will know about or does it just show up automatically on your receipt?

[quote name='lolwut?']Damn, this is a great deal. I'm going to get one, and I'm not even that big of a Disney fan.

I'm going to try to pre-order tomorrow so I can get the $5 GC. Is this something the employee's will know about or does it just show up automatically on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

I went today to preorder and the $5 gc offer is on the preorder ticket they had

Went to pre-order yesterday in North Hills, PA, and they didn't have any preorder cards. The guy working the R-Zone didn't remember ever seeing them. Debating whether or not I want to bother trying Monroeville on my lunch break.

Although Amazon just lowered their price to match, this to me is still a better deal with the $5 giftcard....

Will pick it up tomorrow after work.

[quote name='JokerCard']Although Amazon just lowered their price to match, this to me is still a better deal with the $5 giftcard....

Will pick it up tomorrow after work.[/QUOTE]If there wasn't a $5 GC, then I'd pick it up at Amazon without any issue. Since there is a GC, and it ends up being about $4 or so after taxes, it's still more than I had going the Amazon route.

The TRU here in Ontario, CA is sold out of pre-order cards.

It's all good. I'll just go the Amazon route. I didn't want to have to drive 15 mins to pre-order today, then another 15 min drive to pick it up tomorrow, and pay 8.75% on Sales Tax saving me barely $3.

Just a side note to those who pre ordered and getting 2 or more copies at TRU. Purchase all your movies in different transactions. The $5 gift card has no activation restrictions. Use the $5 gift card from the first purchase toward the second movie and so on to help bring the overall costs down.

I pre-order 3 copies today at TRU put down $15 deposit. I'll get mine $15 GC and pay extra $15 plus taxes after (3) $10 off coupon. Blu Ray Movie under $6 Each :)

Pre-ordered it today after work, using my Batman:AA gift card. This deal is crazy good, and I don't even like Disney, but they retain value extremely well.

Preordered two this eve on separate tix.
$5 GCs will not be activated for 6 hours...
GCs will have limited time to use but not sure how long.
Gonna combine this with the $5 Up! preorder and the $10 coupon...can't hurt even if I decide to not purchase Up! at TRU...
Thanks Ops!:applause::applause:

Ah rats, there's no way I'll make it out to TRU today, and I'm going to guess they don't have any more pre-order slips. Crap, and I was going to go to TRU tomorrow to check out the Lego sale. >_<

Guess I'm going the amazon route--my coupon code there is still active. :p

Edit: Bah, the wife says the movie is too scary for the kids, lol. I have to admit, it's not my fave movie in Disney's "legacy" catalog anyways. I guess I'll just save myself $10 (or $5 or whatever) in the meantime. >_

Kept getting an error stating that my printer wasn't compatible when I would click print coupon. Had to turn off Webroot AS/AV in order to print. Now it says that it found Adware: App/CoupBar-Gen. Shady, but removable.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Kept getting an error stating that my printer wasn't compatible when I would click print coupon. Had to turn off Webroot AS/AV in order to print. Now it says that it found Adware: App/CoupBar-Gen. Shady, but removable.[/QUOTE]

at least yours gave a semi legitimate excuse. I clicked "print coupon" and then it said it wouldn't let me cause I already printed the maximum number allowed. WTF?

I preordered yesterday to get the $5 gift card. I go in just now with my $10 off coupon and they don't give me a gift card, because they said since I preodered and used the coupon I can't get the $5 GC.

This happen to anyone else?

[quote name='gameboykid14']I preordered yesterday to get the $5 gift card. I go in just now with my $10 off coupon and they don't give me a gift card, because they said since I preodered and used the coupon I can't get the $5 GC.

This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]Since I see you're from St. Louis, as am I, would you mind telling me which TRU you went to that denied you the GC with the use of the coupon?

I pre-ordered it last week, so I'm curious to see what shenanigans I might be in for if it's at the TRU I pre-ordered at (South County store on S. Lindbergh).

[quote name='gameboykid14']I preordered yesterday to get the $5 gift card. I go in just now with my $10 off coupon and they don't give me a gift card, because they said since I preodered I can't get the $5 GC.

This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

yep, similar thing for me. bunch of idiots. i did not get a gift card. basically:

-10.00 coupon
- 5.00 deposit
- 5.00 discount from preordering UP
+ 5.00 deposit on UP
= 5.05 (after tax)

but they would not give me a gift card. i ended up saying "screw it" on UP and they just manually discounted the gift card on Snow White. i only paid $0.05 today.

was hoping to pay 5.05 and get the $5 gift card (to use on next week's B2G1) plus have $5 deposited toward UP. oh well, rather not give them more business anyway and hope Amazon or Best Buy has a better deal for UP.

basically, they claimed the UP promotion can only be used on a regular Disney movie, not a presell (wtf?)

Make sure they give you the gift card as it is not ringing up in the system automatically. I was there at 10 EST and I had to have a manager come over and fix it. She just ended up giving me 5off the purchase.

For those of you with daughters out there, add 5.01 to the purchase on any disney princess item and you will get a free princess baking set. I got a Mulan doll, Snow White BR, & Princess Baking set for 10.66 total. The items will ring and take the free item off. Then give them the 10 vender coupon.

[quote name='shrike4242']Since I see you're from St. Louis, as am I, would you mind telling me which TRU you went to that denied you the GC with the use of the coupon?

I pre-ordered it last week, so I'm curious to see what shenanigans I might be in for if it's at the TRU I pre-ordered at (South County store on S. Lindbergh).[/QUOTE]

The one on West Florissant, it wasn't just that they denied me the card, the prompt never came up in the computer to give me a card. When I complained the manager that came over told me what I said in my last post.

That really sucks GBK14 as my store were confused at first but seeing it on the pre-order card was all they needed. It took three people but they did it no problem.

[quote name='gameboykid14']The one on West Florissant, it wasn't just that they denied me the card, the prompt never came up in the computer to give me a card. When I complained the manager that came over told me what I said in my last post.[/QUOTE]From posts above, it looks like there's some glitch in the system that isn't having the card come up automatically.

I don't think that the terms & conditions of the $5 GC are listed on the pre-order card or at the store, so they're just making up something about it not being applicable. The coupon comes from Disney itself, so it's not like it's some third party in the middle of the mess.

I'll try it tonight at the SoCo store and let you know what happens.

Same thing happened to me this morning, no gift card prompt in the system. I had to wait 10 minutes, but they eventually just gave me a five dollar gift card.

I didn't notice until I left that my combo came in a regular DVD case, but it still has a Blu-ray in it. Is there a combo that comes in a Blu-ray case? I thought about going back, but I could see how that would just cause the CSR's head to explode.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Make sure they give you the gift card as it is not ringing up in the system automatically. I was there at 10 EST and I had to have a manager come over and fix it. She just ended up giving me 5off the purchase.

For those of you with daughters out there, add 5.01 to the purchase on any disney princess item and you will get a free princess baking set. I got a Mulan doll, Snow White BR, & Princess Baking set for 10.66 total. The items will ring and take the free item off. Then give them the 10 vender coupon.[/QUOTE]

can i get the gift card even if i did not pre order it?

[quote name='dansoccerball']can i get the gift card even if i did not pre order it?[/QUOTE]

No.

Even if the system isn't automatically ringing up the $5 GC with preorder, the only proof you'd have of the deal is the preorder card which shows the GC owed at pickup.

[quote name='180husher']Same thing happened to me this morning, no gift card prompt in the system. I had to wait 10 minutes, but they eventually just gave me a five dollar gift card.

I didn't notice until I left that my combo came in a regular DVD case, but it still has a Blu-ray in it. Is there a combo that comes in a Blu-ray case? I thought about going back, but I could see how that would just cause the CSR's head to explode.[/QUOTE]Yes, there is.

Here's a pic of the set in the BR case:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3591398

And the DVD case version you picked up:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3591401

The contents of each are the same, with one minor exception, as it appears the extras in the DVD case version are on DVD, while the extras in the BR case version are on BR.

I'd go back and ask for an even exchange.

thats some crap... i want the blu ray case... all my store had was tbe dvd case... whats up with that crap.

Well, this deal started off rough but ended very well.

I went in to pick up the pre-order Blu Ray and tried to give them the manufacturer's coupon. No go. Wouldn't scan for some reason, so I had to drive home and print up a new one. Went back and had them re-try it. Everything worked, the message even popped up about the $5.00 gift card. Then the cashier tells me my total.

$.35
and add on the $5 I put down for a total of
$5.35

So yeah, I ended up getting the BD version and a $5.00 gift card for the price of the gift card plus tax for only the cost of the gift card. Glad I didn't give up after the first coupon failure.

I had the same problem with my coupon not scanning correctly, though they just used another coupon they had on hand. They said I was the first coupon to not scan correctly this morning. I've never had problems with my printer before, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

The system also wasn't accepting the combination of the coupon and the gift card offer, so I had to wait around a bit while they figured it out. They said there was one person who'd come in before me who had both the pre-order card and the coupon, but he didn't want to wait while they figure it out. Guess he was in a hurry 'cause that gift card effectively halves the cost!

They ended up manually readjusting the price of the item to give me credit back on a gift card. When I looked at the receipt later, I realized that the computer had also readjusted tax, so they actually gave me $5.49 on the gift card!

Went to Heath OH store after work. Did not have a preorder for it. $5 GC automatically came up at checkout and used $10 coupon. I did purchase a 5.99 princess item so I got the baking set free. My total was $17 after tax plus I have a $5 GC to use.

I also somehow got screwed out of $5.00 on this, even though I did end up with the $5.00 gift card I dont think I ever got the my original $5.00 back off the movie for pre-ordering it. My receipt is so hard to understand because I also pre-ordered "Up" and bought a $45.00 toddler bedset for my son so I could use a $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase coupon I had around. So that $10.00 discount is pro-rated over all three item that are on my receipt, and its confusing as hell to look at.

[quote name='vessey632']Well, this deal started off rough but ended very well.

I went in to pick up the pre-order of the Blu Ray and tried to give them the manufacturer's coupon. No go. Wouldn't scan for some reason, so I had to drive home and print up a new one. Went back and had them re-try it. Everything worked, the message even popped up about the $5.00 gift card. Then the cashier tells me my total.

$5.35

So yeah, I ended up getting the BD version and a $5.00 gift card for the price of the gift card plus tax for only the cost of the gift card. Glad I didn't give up after the first coupon failure.[/QUOTE]

Well, you paid $5 down. So you got the $5 back in gift card, but you still paid $10.35 out of pocket.

picked up my 2 copies from TRU - wound up being $15 total out of pocket since i used the first $5 gift card to pay for 2nd copy. I also went ahead and pre-ordered 2 copies of Up! since it was the same price otherwise. At worst, i don't buy it. At medium best, i can return the preorder later and get $10. At best, there will be some other coupon for Up! later similar to this.

Prior to this, I went to Best Buy and returned my two pre-orders for snow White i made there.

I had no problem today. The lady knew automatically about the $5 GC, so I basically paid $5.90 for a brand new Disney Blu-Ray. I'm happy.

I thought about pre-ordering UP, but maybe somebody will do a really good deal with Monsters, Inc. coming out the same day. (I'd rather buy Monsters than UP anyway.)

Smooth today...
Had two preordered on separate receipts.

In this order -
Handed/scanned blu-ray case version of movie.
Handed/scanned $5 Up! preorder.
Handed/scanned $10 coupon
Handed/scanned preorder receipt from yesterday.
Paid $5.xx (traded in a couple games for this, smooth trade in transaction and my first) and received $5 GCard

2nd order -
Same order as above but used the First order $5 gift card!
It was activated immediately!

walked out with 2 movies, 2 $5 preorders (nothing to loose on this if I buy them somewhere else) and one $5 giftcard after using about $6.xx in game trade in credit... now if
had only traded in a couple games yesterday to cover the $10 preorders...

Later today - off to BBuy to return my preorder.

[quote name='POPEYE1716']Just take a screen SHot of the Web page, Crop out the background images in microsoft Paint and Pring that Way.[/QUOTE]

take a screen shot of what webpage? there is nothing to screenshot,unless i'm missing something.

[quote name='tomdolizong']Can someone just post a screenshot of the coupon?[/QUOTE]

the coupons are individually numbered. we have gone over this numerous times in this thread alone. try google.

bread's done
Back