Toys R Us 10/6 - 10/10 Snow White $19.99 ($9.99 after coupon)

prim4444

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Both versions on sale

Blu-ray/DVD combo 235794
DVD/Blu-ray combo 235799

Ad also mentions a $10 online coupon offer for 4 days only.
(10/6-10/9 Go to www.snowwhiteoffer.com)
I don't know if this will be the same type of coupon that is already available right now.

Site is coming up now as page not found, maybe will work only during the 4 days next week??
Edit: Looks like site is up and running now.

Also, if you pre-order your copy of Snow White in store before release, you will get a $5.00 gift card when you pick up your movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dansoccerball']can i get the gift card even if i did not pre order it?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='manthing']No.

Even if the system isn't automatically ringing up the $5 GC with preorder, the only proof you'd have of the deal is the preorder card which shows the GC owed at pickup.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you go in and purchase the movie today without having a pre-order the computer is automatically promoting to add the gift card to the total purchase. I did it this morning with the coupon and no pre-order and received the $5 gift card.

muskies35 also got the gift card with no preorder. It seems as if the system is setup to auto generate the gift cards for non-preorder purchases instead of the actual pre-ordered ones.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Make sure they give you the gift card as it is not ringing up in the system automatically. I was there at 10 EST and I had to have a manager come over and fix it. She just ended up giving me 5off the purchase.

For those of you with daughters out there, add 5.01 to the purchase on any disney princess item and you will get a free princess baking set. I got a Mulan doll, Snow White BR, & Princess Baking set for 10.66 total. The items will ring and take the free item off. Then give them the 10 vender coupon.[/QUOTE]

You didn't have to buy the extra item. The baking set would have come off for free just buying the DVD because of the $29.99 regular price. I ended up getting one for each of the copies I got today.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']It seems as if the system is setup to auto generate the gift cards for non-preorder purchases instead of the actual pre-ordered ones.[/QUOTE]

Would be funny if they actually screwed it up like that somehow. I pre-ordered and had all kinds of trouble with the coupon and the gift card offer.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Well, you paid $5 down. So you got the $5 back in gift card, but you still paid $10.35 out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

I didn't actually pay anything at checkout other than the .35 tax. The five dollars was what I originally put down. Sorry, I wasn't clear in the original post.

I went to pick mine up... managed to apply the $10 coupon and get the $5 gift card, but the cashier said the computer would not allow me to get my $5 deposit and the baking set. Actually, I didn't even know about the baking set - but I decided to take it, and I'll just donate it to some Christmas toy drive that ought to be coming up soon.

All-in-all, I paid about $16 and got a $5 gift card, a classic animated movie on Blu-ray, and some cheesy toy that might make some kid happy. Not bad at all.

[quote name='prim4444']You didn't have to buy the extra item. The baking set would have come off for free just buying the DVD because of the $29.99 regular price. I ended up getting one for each of the copies I got today.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know however my daughter was there with me so I had to buy it ;)

I got lucky again I guess with the whole SW issue. I went to get my :br: which I had preordered for $5 and preorder UP in the hopes of getting the $5 of any :br: When I asked the lady if I could do that she said no, so I was like ok that's fine I still want to preorder UP then. Well after looking at my receipt when I got in the car.

I saw that the $5 did apply for UP along with the $10 and my initial $5 for SW. I walked out of TRU with the $5 GC (which the lady was like oh don't forget your GC hun) and preordering UP for $5.66. So I kinda got SW :br: for free if you want to count the GC.

To anybody who pre-ordered and picked up today at TRU could you please type out what it says on your receipt for the Snow White purchase.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, there is.

Here's a pic of the set in the BR case:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3591398

And the DVD case version you picked up:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3591401

The contents of each are the same, with one minor exception, as it appears the extras in the DVD case version are on DVD, while the extras in the BR case version are on BR.

I'd go back and ask for an even exchange.[/QUOTE]

Too far, too much trouble. Watched it with the kids tonight and the bonus disc is actually Blu-ray. I just prefer Blu-ray cases as I can stick twice as many in my entertainment center draws. Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='180husher']Too far, too much trouble. Watched it with the kids tonight and the bonus disc is actually Blu-ray. I just prefer Blu-ray cases as I can stick twice as many in my entertainment center draws. Thanks for the info though.[/QUOTE]Good to know the bonus disc is BR also. Someone earlier in the thread said it was DVD, so in that case, you're only stuck with a DVD case over a BR case.

[quote name='gameboykid14']The one on West Florissant, it wasn't just that they denied me the card, the prompt never came up in the computer to give me a card. When I complained the manager that came over told me what I said in my last post.[/QUOTE]I didn't have an issue with the SoCo store. They scanned the title, scanned the pre-order card, scanned the coupons, swiped the gift card and wasn't an issue.

They did have issues earlier today because they didn't download the coupon information into the register, though that should be fixed now. Give it another try and I don't think you'll have an issue.

[quote name='180husher']Too far, too much trouble. Watched it with the kids tonight and the bonus disc is actually Blu-ray. I just prefer Blu-ray cases as I can stick twice as many in my entertainment center draws. Thanks for the info though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, as I went after work, and there were only 3-4 copies left of the DVD box on two display racks. Blu-ray version of bonus disk + rather have the blu-ray box combined would have made me gone back, but just the latter I can live with for using ~$6 net balance on gift card.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, there is.

Here's a pic of the set in the BR case:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3591398

And the DVD case version you picked up:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3591401

The contents of each are the same, with one minor exception, as it appears the extras in the DVD case version are on DVD, while the extras in the BR case version are on BR.

I'd go back and ask for an even exchange.[/QUOTE]

This is not correct. Both cases have EXACTLY the same contents. BR with movie, BR with extras and DVD of movie only. If you want DVD extras (don't have BR), the 2 DVD set of this is not being released until later this year.

[quote name='vessey632']I didn't actually pay anything at checkout other than the .35 tax. The five dollars was what I originally put down. Sorry, I wasn't clear in the original post.[/QUOTE]

How in the world did that work out? Congrats.

I did not pre-order, but I still got the $5 gift card. $30 Blu-Ray for essentially $5+tax. LOVE IT!

This is going to be a Christmas present for my daughter. Hopefully she will actually be born before Christmas. She's due Dec 22. Yes I now she won't be watching it for a couple of years, but the deal was too good to pass up.

[quote name='soonerdoc']This is not correct. Both cases have EXACTLY the same contents. BR with movie, BR with extras and DVD of movie only. If you want DVD extras (don't have BR), the 2 DVD set of this is not being released until later this year.[/QUOTE]As I stated in my post, someone said it had the extras on BR, not DVD. I didn't have any first-hand knowledge of it until last night when I picked up my copy and found that was incorrect, as extras are on BR.

When I can find said post, I'll link it here.

They didn't give me the gift card. I went to customer service and they were confused as all get out... and I just didn't feel like sweating the details for that long. If I go back in the next week, I might try to get them to correct it, but it came out to $6.08 or something like that but no card.

I went to pick up my copy today and the woman wasn't prompted about the giftcard and neither her nor the higher up she called over knew how/cared enough to try to get me a giftcard through other means.

The $5 ended up being deducted from my total; it came to $5.6X after tax.

I dunno if there was a CAG or a Slickdeals member or what at that TRU, but I saw a guy holding a couple copies of Snow White on Blu-Ray and looking at the Up preorder; he obviously knew the deal. I also saw him picking up GH:WT at Target on clearence a week or two ago. This was at the West Hartford, CT Toys R Us. If you are a member, sup bro?

something happened with the system since yesterday. the system is not prompting the gift card. mine subtracted the 5 from the total and then i got the 5 on a giftcard making the total 4.99 for the movie, up pre-order and a 5 giftcard.

TRU really screwed this up big time, luckly I was at work so my wife had to deal with them.

My wife got the free baking set and used the coupon to pick up our preorder BD copy for $5.40 out the door without the $5 GC. She asked them about the $5 GC and was sent to CS.

This is where is gets confusing. Apparently there are too many promos going on and the employees are not getting proper training because the lady was being rude to my wife. After about 20 minutes, the lady did a exchange and gave my wife $5.40 back on the credit card and a $4.60 GC plus $.40 in change.

My wife tried in vain to tell the woman that this was not correct but the CS was even more rude so my wife said OK and left.

Pretty sad when you try to do the right thing and the employee is rude to you.

Total out of pocket was $5 for the BD version and the baking set which will make a great B-Day present in a couple weeks for our 3 year old girl.

[quote name='lolwut?']I went to pick up my copy today and the woman wasn't prompted about the giftcard and neither her nor the higher up she called over knew how/cared enough to try to get me a giftcard through other means.

The $5 ended up being deducted from my total; it came to $5.6X after tax.

I dunno if there was a CAG or a Slickdeals member or what at that TRU, but I saw a guy holding a couple copies of Snow White on Blu-Ray and looking at the Up preorder; he obviously knew the deal. I also saw him picking up GH:WT at Target on clearence a week or two ago. This was at the West Hartford, CT Toys R Us. If you are a member, sup bro?[/QUOTE]
ha whats up that was me and I thought you looked familiar when I saw you at tru. unfortunately I got denied on the giftcard even after going to customer service so I'm just going to cancel my up preorder tomorrow. Did you preorder? let me know if you find anything good on clearance at target and i'll do the same.

Went to pick up my preordered copy, had a few problems, ended up walking out after paying 6.xx. My coupon wasn't scanning correctly (I'm pretty sure they were scanning the wrong barcode on it), they didn;t know about the 19.99 price until I showed them the ad, and they forgot my gift card until I pointed it out to them, but I did get it all eventually. I had a very nice cashier, but a very rude manager helping me.

And it took me forever to find the actual, there were 3 end caps and a spot in the blu ray section with a sign that said 19.99 for snow white, but they were empty because all the movies were on a seperate display at the front of the store.

Weird to hear so many people had problems. When I went in yesterday, everything was done without my prompting anything, from sale price, to gift card. But I didn't pick up a baking set nor pre-order Up.

Went in and the cashier said it wouldn't give her the $5 gift card prompt, manager came and tried it on another register and no go (I had preordered it last week) Finally the manager just gave an additional $5 off to compensate for the gift card.

Employee/cashier was very nice and said they just switched over to a new system last week and that's probably the reason there was a problem (don't know the validity of that)

[quote name='Jesse757x']ha whats up that was me and I thought you looked familiar when I saw you at tru. unfortunately I got denied on the giftcard even after going to customer service so I'm just going to cancel my up preorder tomorrow. Did you preorder? let me know if you find anything good on clearance at target and i'll do the same.[/QUOTE]

Haha; I was going to ask, but if you said no, I would've felt stupid.

Yeah, I preordered on Monday. I went straight to the checkout line at Customer Service though, and the girl running the register called another woman over, who manually took off the $5.00. I then gave her the $10 coupon and she scanned it and I paid my $5.61 or whatever

i haven't read the last couple of pages so i don't know if its happened to anyone else, but i did not pre-order the DVD to get the $5 gift card, yet when i checked out on tuesday after picking up a copy from the display, the cashier ended up giving me the gift card anyway... so that's pretty awesome :)

ALMOST no problems picking up my preorder AND getting the UP preorder:

$19.99 BD
-$5.00 Preorder
-$10.00 Coupon
+$5.00 UP Preorder
-$5.00 UP Preorder bonus
---------
$4.99 + TAX

... The GC did not ring up, but the Cashier just processed the GC as a free $5 GC after the Blu-ray transaction was complete.

By purchasing the UP Pre-order and getting the $5 off bonus, I actually saved almost $0.30 in Tax. (They had rung it up without the preorder at first and after ringing up again with the UP preorder, it was $0.29 less). So, even if I decide not to pickup the UP preorder at TRU, just by including it in my Snow White purchase, it saved me money.

bread's done
Back