Toys R US 2 games for $70 free store pickup (far cry 3, black ops 2, see list in op!)

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys Toys R US has 2 games for $70 or save $50 when you purchase 2 games or more.. obviously its best to break up the order into 2's if you want more than 2 games. Links Below:

Free Store Pick up or I think its $6 shipping

Includes:
- Family Guy Back to the Multiverse
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Dishonored
- Farcry 3
- Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Fifa 13
- Kinect Star Wars
- Hitman Absolution
- Forza Horizon
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Medal of Honor Warfighter
- Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- Halo 4

see link for full list (XBOX 360, PS3)

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=18294246&type=trigger

Last edited by a moderator:
Price matched at BestBuy.com on an order I made before.
They're just sending me a 50 dollar gift card along with the two games and 40 dollar gift card from last week's deal (which I matched at Target and Frys)

[quote name='crazylox2001']i went to price match at bb and got shot down .they said since its a bundle they wouldnt WTF[/QUOTE]

bummer....your bb sucks

of course, none of the stores around me "Inventory lookup and Store Pickup are not currently offered at this store." yet I know damn well they have all of these games as I was just there an hour ago

I got Halo 4 + BO2 pricematched at BB with the TRU ad.

Employee almost gave me $25 off the $40 Halo 4 but manager quickly corrected that =[

Total came out to $70 + Tax

[quote name='crazylox2001']i went to price match at bb and got shot down .they said since its a bundle they wouldnt WTF[/QUOTE]

You can easily call 1-800-BestBuy and ask to speak to their PM department (they have this). Explain that you were turned down and why. It's policy to match this. They'll take care of you.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Traded in black ops 2 and assassin creed liberation for 59.xx and picked up far cry 3 and black ops 2 for 15 after using that gift card. The employee had a wtf face and thought I was insane.[/QUOTE]

Explain this please.

[quote name='CaoPi']how are you guys PMing this at bestbuy? I didn't want to print that entire page to PM these deals, is this listed in the weekly ad?[/QUOTE]

Just read the first page of this thread.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']I got Halo 4 + BO2 pricematched at BB with the TRU ad.

Employee almost gave me $25 off the $40 Halo 4 but manager quickly corrected that =[

Total came out to $70 + Tax[/QUOTE]

Technically, it should be $25 off $40...right? The ad says $50 off two games...

[quote name='jessesixto']Maybe he though 2 for twenty?

The manager on my BB thought it was a BOGO free and he had to take a look again at the ad.[/QUOTE]

He had the number $70 (which is supposed to be total) in his head, and mixed that up with the actual discount. The manager gave him $70 off, not $70 as the total.

[quote name='Zolor23']Technically, it should be $25 off $40...right? The ad says $50 off two games...
[/QUOTE]

No, its 50 dollars of two games at TRUS prices, which are all 59.99

When I PMd the Farcry 3 and BLOPs 2 I bought on release at BB they just took 25 dollars more of Farcry3 because I had already got Blops PMd 15 dollars off and FC3 PMd 10 dollars off

The total off of two full price games ends up being 50 bucks

[quote name='AznDragon89']is it possible if i can buy black ops 2+fifa 13 then resell fifa 13 but keep bo2?[/QUOTE]

Of course you can. Where are you going to resell Fifa? As long as you don't mean return Fifa and keep BO2 at a discount, you can do whatever you want to the games.

I bought newspaper, freaking sunday newspaper is $2. Some places like bestbuy requires the ad to be kept when PM, just a heads up! I'm gonna try and PM this at Target since I got a giftcard left to use!

[quote name='computingwarren']It's 2 for 70. If 3 for 70 worked, you'd see it on slick deals and all over these forums.[/QUOTE]woops that was a typo. meant 2.

I really want FC3 and was going to buy it last week but they never got any stock in. I checked the website and it says in-stores only for me. I called TRU today and the guy said they only had 1 copy and sold it. I have a $30 gift card for TRU so I really want to buy it there but I may have to PM at BestBuy and hopefully my points will post from buying Black Ops II finally. I've had to call them repeatedly and the RZ lady said they should post within 3-5 business days. Between that and my missing package from BB I kind of don't wanna deal with them lately.

[quote name='honzoh']You can easily call 1-800-BestBuy and ask to speak to their PM department (they have this). Explain that you were turned down and why. It's policy to match this. They'll take care of you.[/QUOTE]

I'm very glad to read this, and I thank you for the post, but can you explain WHY it's their policy to price match this?

Official policy:
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box... etc.

How does this not count as a bundle? Is it because you still have to pay for each item, even though you are required to buy two? If given some resistance while trying to price match, what's my argument here?

[quote name='Blabadon']Wondering if Halo is worth it just for the local MP and campaign if my friend already has it.[/QUOTE]

As someone who's beaten Halo 1, 2, 3, skipped ODST and Reach, and just recently beaten 4, I'd say wait for a price drop. It looks great for a game on a 7 year old console, controls perfectly, and the cutscenes are well done.

The problem lies in the narrative itself. It starts off picking up after the legendary ending to Halo 3 and then goes into a new direction that the series never had before. I'm even more confused about the story now than while I was playing it.

I also took a break from the game as the repetitiveness kind of started to wear on me. I like lengthy games as much as the next guy, but in a linear FPS, you have to shake things up to avoid having the game get stale.

The multiplayer on the other hand, while borrowing elements popularized by Call of Duty, is a blast. I love the huge maps with vehicles thrown in. I'm a fan of Team Regicide, Oddball, King of the Hill, and some other objective based modes. It allows a below average player like me to still feel like I'm making a contribution and not just leeching off others.

As an overall package, it's very slick and all the money spent by Microsoft is evident on the screen. If you're strictly a campaign player, hold off till this drops further in price.

I wonder if Bungie becoming independent had anything to do with Microsoft wanting them to do another proper Halo game? Bungie probably realized there was no interesting place to take Master Chief to storywise.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']I'm very glad to read this, and I thank you for the post, but can you explain WHY it's their policy to price match this?

Official policy:

How does this not count as a bundle? Is it because you still have to pay for each item, even though you are required to buy two? If given some resistance while trying to price match, what's my argument here?[/QUOTE]

Because this is a list of titles that ring up as $35 as long as you buy any two. Bundling would be more specific. Explain that if you need to when you call in. Or explain it as 'buy any one, get another for $50 off.'. To be honest, bundling is a pretty lose term here. This shouldn't be YMMV for PMing, but some stores do have managers that like to make up excuses when they don't want to PMing.

Last month I had a manager at a BB tell me they wouldn't PMing TRU because he heard they were gettingmout of the video game business. I reported him to the number above and they were more than happy to accomodate me. Just give them a call and explain it. They would rather have your money than letting TRU have it. Especially if you are a loyal BB customer.

Already got FarCry 3 from Best Buy, I could use this to price match at least the $10 off right? I already have basically every game that I would want on this list and would rather just get a little back then get another for cheap :p

I was able to get Target to match the deal for two copies of Farcry 3, and still honor their ad price, so in total walked out with two copies for only $53.

[quote name='DrawingBlanks']I was able to get Target to match the deal for two copies of Farcry 3, and still honor their ad price, so in total walked out with two copies for only $53.[/QUOTE]

how?

anyone know if i can get toysrus to price match target and best buy to get 2 games for 50 plus the 50$ off , or are they being mean and only price matching after toysrus offers {59.99-25.00= 34.99} and not match them .................?
would love to pay 80$-$100 for 2 games minus $50 plus the 20$ groupon {$10} for a final cost of $20-40+ tax????

^^^ They won't stack promos. You only get one PM and it won't stack with TRU's current promotions. i tried last week to stack their GC and PM BB and they said it's one or the other. The computer didn't allow the stack so it's programmed in not to stack.

[quote name='guidecenter']anyone know if i can get toysrus to price match target and best buy to get 2 games for 50 plus the 50$ off , or are they being mean and only price matching after toysrus offers {59.99-25.00= 34.99} and not match them .................?
would love to pay 80$-$100 for 2 games minus $50 plus the 20$ groupon {$10} for a final cost of $20-40+ tax????[/QUOTE]

ever heard of the term "double dipping?"

[quote name='MoCiWe']Already got FarCry 3 from Best Buy, I could use this to price match at least the $10 off right? I already have basically every game that I would want on this list and would rather just get a little back then get another for cheap :p[/QUOTE]
Target has it for $49.99 also this week, it'll be much easier to price match because it's the actual price vs $10off which is YMMV.

Is it ok to price match a game at BB and use RZ certificate? I want Far Cry 3, going to try to pm for $49.99 then use my RZ certificate to get it for $29.99, but i'm not sure if you can do that. Has anyone else tried this?

i wanted black ops 2 and far cry 3, my toys r us was out of far cry 3

i got best buy to price match, the cashier typed in the price wrong so i got it for $5 cheaper

[quote name='Kablasia']Is it ok to price match a game at BB and use RZ certificate? I want Far Cry 3, going to try to pm for $49.99 then use my RZ certificate to get it for $29.99, but i'm not sure if you can do that. Has anyone else tried this?[/QUOTE]

You price match and go to check out. Use whatever payment you like. Not like they are going to lrice match, see that you're using RZ Cert and shove it back into your face and tell you to leave.

[quote name='Bosamba']As someone who's beaten Halo 1, 2, 3, skipped ODST and Reach, and just recently beaten 4, I'd say wait for a price drop. It looks great for a game on a 7 year old console, controls perfectly, and the cutscenes are well done.

The problem lies in the narrative itself. It starts off picking up after the legendary ending to Halo 3 and then goes into a new direction that the series never had before. I'm even more confused about the story than while I was playing it.

I also took a break from the game as the repetitiveness kind of starting to wear on me. I like lengthy games as much as the next guy, but in a linear FPS, you have to shake things up to avoid having the game get stale.

The multiplayer on the other hand, while borrowing elements popularized by Call of Duty, is a blast. I love the huge maps with vehicles thrown in. I'm a fan of Team Regicide, Oddball, King of the Hill, and some other objective based modes. It allows a below average player like me to still feel like I'm making a contribution and not just leeching off others.

As an overall package, it's very slick and all the money spent by Microsoft is evident on the screen. If you're strictly a campaign player, hold off till this drops further in price.

I wonder if Bungie becoming independent had anything to do with Microsoft wanting them to do another proper Halo game? Bungie probably realized there was no interesting place to take Master Chief to storywise.[/QUOTE]
I believe Halo has just gotten too big. Comics, web series, books. So much stuff are references to Halo on other media.

[quote name='Zolor23']Of course you can. Where are you going to resell Fifa? As long as you don't mean return Fifa and keep BO2 at a discount, you can do whatever you want to the games.[/QUOTE]

yea that's what i meant, i mean return the 2nd game the next day but keep black ops 2

[quote name='AznDragon89']yea that's what i meant, i mean return the 2nd game the next day but keep black ops 2[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if that will work, because I don't shop at ToysRUs, but that is generally frowned upon.

shot down at both target and walmart for price matching what is the deal with my strict stores around here :(..... Hopefully Bestbuy will do it. People cannot comprehend the fact that $50 off two is the same as $25 off one and that it lists the retail price of $59.99 so -$25 - $34.99 not rocket science "I said this to the target employee she was not too happy lol" ... Stupid people.

Got shut down on the PM at my local BB and Target for Far Cry 3.

They both told me "We price match the product not the ad." :\

[quote name='wreck206']Got shut down on the PM at my local BB and Target for Far Cry 3.

They both told me "We price match the product not the ad." :\[/QUOTE]

its so annoying right? Stupid toysrus for not having stock they can go shove it where the sun dont shine.

Definitely frustrating.

I didn't want to have to do this but I think I'll have to go back and pull the race card. lol

I was able to price match this at my local Best Buy today! Of course, the girl working the register roller her eyes at me, and sighed heavily, as she had to radio her boss to her register. When the boss man arrived, he had to read the ad in varying tones, about 30 times before he decided that I was not trying to scam them, and finally allowed the price match. Overall just another wonderful experience at no ones favorite store.

Thanks for the heads up OP! Can't wait to try out Far Cry 3 and Black Ops 2!

[quote name='AznDragon89']yea that's what i meant, i mean return the 2nd game the next day but keep black ops 2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zolor23']I am not sure if that will work, because I don't shop at ToysRUs, but that is generally frowned upon.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how it rings up. Most likely on the receipt it will state how much you paid for both games and then give each game a "refund value", basically spreading out the discount to each game. That's how it has worked recently at TRU and at Target. You most likely will be able to return one of the games for its discounted refund value (most likely $35).

I got Hitman and TTT2, I wanted Far Cry 3 but they ran out and Best Buy ran out too :/ blops 2 was oos too but a shitload of Halo 4. My TRU is weird no PS3 games anymore

[quote name='Bosamba']As someone who's beaten Halo 1, 2, 3, skipped ODST and Reach, and just recently beaten 4, I'd say wait for a price drop. It looks great for a game on a 7 year old console, controls perfectly, and the cutscenes are well done.

The problem lies in the narrative itself. It starts off picking up after the legendary ending to Halo 3 and then goes into a new direction that the series never had before. I'm even more confused about the story than while I was playing it.

I also took a break from the game as the repetitiveness kind of starting to wear on me. I like lengthy games as much as the next guy, but in a linear FPS, you have to shake things up to avoid having the game get stale.

I wonder if Bungie becoming independent had anything to do with Microsoft wanting them to do another proper Halo game? Bungie probably realized there was no interesting place to take Master Chief to storywise.[/QUOTE]

Aah, thanks for the info. I would very much recommend ODST although I can't say the same for Reach (proceed with caution).

In that case, I think I'll just borrow it off my friend for the SP and play it there. My 360 doesn't do online (banned, but I bought it cheap off CAG like that), so I play split-screen a lot.

I did hear a lot about the repetitiveness and strange foibles like many "flip X switches" sections, so that stinks. Co-op campaign was fun when I played it with a friend, so that's the direction I'll go.

Thanks!

BB wouldn't price match and when i called i was told

unfortunately in this case price match would not be eligible. Price match is eligible when it is a single item at a non promotional price.

i guess no deal

My brother and I stopped in at our local Toys R Us this afternoon, after seeing that Black Ops II for the PS3 was sold out online and in store. But once we got inside, they had at least 20 copies sitting on the shelf. So we picked up one for each of us and split the difference. Totally weird.

I just picked up Black Ops 2 for the 360 and Halo 4. My friend and I chipped in half at the Toys R Us around Southcenter in Seattle. Just ask one of the associates to grab the Black Ops II from the back stock.

After 45 minutes trying to PM at Best Buy over the phone to no avail, I decided to stop in my store on my way home from work. Grabbed BLOPS 2 and Far Cry 3, and went to the customer service desk. CS rep went to the back room to ask the store manager if a price match was allowed, sure enough 2 minutes later they both returned happy to do the price match. I have not been shot down one single time on a PM at this store all year.

Was charged $34.99 for each game, for those who wondered.

Sweet, it looks like people have got this to work in-store as well, so I know where I'm going on Thursday when I get paid :)

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Thx to all for the heads up on this.Got a BB PM for Blackops 2 and Farcry 3 for PS3 , price dropped to 34.99 ea.Was done in Fordham Road Store(Bx NY).No Hassle.

So, I got Call of Duty when it came out, I could get a PM on it down to 34.99 if I pick up another game on the list of 2 for 70? I had already PMed it down to 49.99 before.

bread's done
Back