Toys "R" Us: 20% off Single Item for Grandparent (Over 50 or over)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Stolen from SD.

This offer is for grandparents who are at least 50 years of age. Limit one savings card per guest. Savings card expires 9/13/08. Limited quantities available. Sorry, no rain checks.

r6xphg.jpg

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I'd bet the actual coupon lists exclusions on it. Hopefully it doesn't though.[/QUOTE]
There's no exclusions on it.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']There's no exclusions on it.[/quote]

I don't actually have the coupon - but I'd like to note on the picture that it states that "Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. See Savings Card for details."

Thus, although this coupon may not list anything, the redeems Savings Card might. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='MatLu']Age discrimination![/quote]

I agree! Some grandparents are in their 40's and they cannot use this coupon because of the age restriction. This means Sarah Palin cannot use this because she is only 44! :lol:

haha....who's willing to pimp out their GP for 20% a video game ? Your poor old grandma happy to see her grandson, not knowing she is a pawn in his evil scheme.

my grandma usually stays with my family all year...but of all the times my her damn old ass decides to go somewhere else for little while... damn her...

[quote name='ryne candy']haha....who's willing to pimp out their GP for 20% a video game ? Your poor old grandma happy to see her grandson, not knowing she is a pawn in his evil scheme.[/quote]

if it works on hardware that's like $60 - $80 depending on if you get the better 360 or PS3...

There was one for teachers last week, too.

But it does NOT apply to video game hardware, so you're not getting an Xbox 360 elite with that.

[quote name='tcemoo']There was one for teachers last week, too.

But it does NOT apply to video game hardware, so you're not getting an Xbox 360 elite with that.[/quote] Damn. My mom is a teacher. Could've gotten 20% off. >_

[quote name='ryne candy']haha....who's willing to pimp out their GP for 20% a video game ? Your poor old grandma happy to see her grandson, not knowing she is a pawn in his evil scheme.[/quote]

I can do one better by using my Mom for this. Okay, so she's not my grandma, but she's someone's grandma so she totally counts. Right?

[quote name='WiiGame']my grandma usually stays with my family all year...but of all the times my her damn old ass decides to go somewhere else for little while... damn her...
[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on earning the Biggest Dick on CAG award! Seriously, you deserve it!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes[/QUOTE]

Hopefully not if it's obvious someone is that age or older...

Oh well, I'm sure it dosen't cover anything I care about.

Haha, am I the only one amused by all the ways people are going to try to abuse this coupon? It reminds me of one of Nick Swardson's Comedy Central specials.

Clerk: "I'm sorry ma'am, but this coupon doesn't apply to video game hardware."
Grandma: "Video game hardware?"
Clerk: "What you're buying. This Xbox 360 Elite system. It's considered video game hardware, and therefore cannot be purchased with this coupon."
Grandma: "I'm old."
Clerk: "Be that as it may, ma'am, but I just can't apply the discount to this item."
Grandma: "I'm dying"
Clerk: "..."

Or, for better reference:
watch

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, am I the only one amused by all the ways people are going to try to abuse this coupon? It reminds me of one of Nick Swardson's Comedy Central specials...[/quote]

Haha that is funny, I thought the same thing as I was reading this thread!

[quote name='GoVols']Tempting to use to get a 60 gb 360 Pro System for 259.99!!![/quote]

Please read the entire thread. This coupon (or any other TRU coupon) WILL NOT work on consoles. It's been stated several times in this thread alone.

[quote name='GoVols']Tempting to use to get a 60 gb 360 Pro System for 259.99!!![/quote]

Or just read my little Clerk/Grandma screenplay 3 posts above yours...sheesh.

I just got back from TRU with grandma along with my new 60 gb XBOX 360 for $259 with tax. At first, they weren't going to honor the 20% off, however, grandma had a nice conversation with the manager and said, "I can't see too well. Can you show on this coupon where the xbox 360 specifically is excluded?" The manager said, "Well, we don't really normally discount game systems." Grandma said, "Well, it sounds like false advertisement to me. Would you please put in writing why you will not honor this coupon?" The manager responded, "I'll take care of this." He told the cashier, "Honor it!" and he walked off. Now to all, I believe I have the greatest grandmother in the world....and it also helps that she is a retired lawyer!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you have hit rock bottom when you have to con a senior citizen into going to Toys R Us to get you a video game.

[quote name='GoVols']I just got back from TRU with grandma along with my new 60 gb XBOX 360 for $259+ tax. At first, they weren't going to honor the 20% off, however, grandma had a nice conversation with the manager and said, "I can't see too well. Can you show on this coupon where the xbox 360 specifically is excluded?" The manager said, "Well, we don't really normally discount game systems." Grandma said, "Well, it sounds like false advertisement to me. Would you please put in writing why you will not honor this coupon?" The manager responded, "I'll take care of this." He told the cashier, "Honor it!" and he walked off. Now to all, I believe I have the greatest grandmother in the world....and it also helps that she is a retired lawyer!!![/QUOTE]

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the 60G X-Box 360 Pro system retailing for $299.99 now? $299.99 - 20% ($60, give or take) = $239.99, not $259.99.

Perhaps a scan of your receipt would clear this up.

[quote name='Moxio']Congratulations on earning the Biggest Dick on CAG award! Seriously, you deserve it![/quote]

You better polish that bad boy up before you hand it over to the new guy. ;)

I wish I could get in on this. My grandparents are dead. Then again, nothing I really want to buy this week.

no luck for me. I went there and was gonna get an ad but they said they stopped having in store ads a month ago. So needless to say since I didn't get a Sunday paper no 20% for me lol.

[quote name='GoVols']I just got back from TRU with grandma along with my new 60 gb XBOX 360 for $259 with tax. At first, they weren't going to honor the 20% off, however, grandma had a nice conversation with the manager and said, "I can't see too well. Can you show on this coupon where the xbox 360 specifically is excluded?" The manager said, "Well, we don't really normally discount game systems." Grandma said, "Well, it sounds like false advertisement to me. Would you please put in writing why you will not honor this coupon?" The manager responded, "I'll take care of this." He told the cashier, "Honor it!" and he walked off. Now to all, I believe I have the greatest grandmother in the world....and it also helps that she is a retired lawyer!!![/quote]

Pics? This reeks of bullshit. You came back in to gloat, and I'm not buying it.

[quote name='Zincdust']Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the 60G X-Box 360 Pro system retailing for $299.99 now? $299.99 - 20% ($60, give or take) = $239.99, not $259.99.

Perhaps a scan of your receipt would clear this up.[/quote]

Haha, he changed it to "with tax". The math is right. I just still don't believe a manager would fold like a cheap suit. Even with a "retired lawyer" as a customer. There's no case there. It clearly states "excludes video game hardware". This would be the luckiest fuck on the planet to find that big of a pushover as a manager.

Honestly this has to be the worst coupon ever.... there has to be a very small percent of Grandparents 50 or older that would want anything from that store unless they are selling Depends or cases of Ensure....
Really the only GP I ever see in the store are buying gifts for thier Grand kids lol so TRU must just want to feel all powerful and turn people down left and right on this because this screams abuse me.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Honestly this has to be the worst coupon ever.... there has to be a very small percent of Grandparents 50 or older that would want anything from that store unless they are selling Depends or cases of Ensure....
Really the only GP I ever see in the store are buying gifts for thier Grand kids lol so TRU must just want to feel all powerful and turn people down left and right on this because this screams abuse me.[/quote]

Yeah, I think toys for the grandkids was the general intent here. I do think it's a very narrow-minded, Bush Administration-esque coupon though. Like they've never heard of people under 50 being grandparents. As oasisboy mentioned, Sarah Palin could not use this coupon, haha.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']So how does one acquire this coupon/ad? Both my parents are over 50...[/QUOTE]
You know what is so lame? Until you said this, I forgot my parents are well over 50! Heck, I'll send this to my dad so he can pick something up for his Wii!

bread's done
Back