Toys R Us 3DS: Sunday, buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games

megax11

CAGiversary!
Thought I would post this.

I keep checking here to see if anyone knows of any sweet deals coming next week, for the 3DS, but I see nothing.

I namely am hoping that TRU gives a gift card or something.

I don't know if they are, but I DO KNOW, that TRU is having a promotion with the games next week.

The promo is buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games, starting Sunday.

If anyone catches wind of any places giving away gift cards, feel free to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't people read?:
'DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!'

It's release week. Don't expect any deals with this new system. In fact, Nintendo and all retailers expect you to be there extra early to snatch up all the systems they have at msrp (not a dollar less). If there're any deals, they're bound to be on software only (and still highly unlikely)

If TRU has a B1G1 50% off on Sunday, that would be awesome, and will shoot my launch title purchasing from 1-2 to at least 4-5.

Dude, chill out. It's just the internet, and it's just a post.

If YOU didn't read, I was posting a "deal."

The "deal," again, is buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games starting this Sunday, at Toys R Us.

My intent was to share the deal. The question was more of a side curiosity, while posting the "deal."

[quote name='adamical']If TRU has a B1G1 50% off on Sunday, that would be awesome, and will shoot my launch title purchasing from 1-2 to at least 4-5.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, right now im buying my games from all over the place

You should just turn this thread into the TrU deal you mentioned or people are going to complain since you didnt post a specific deal. Just change the title to something like TrU B1G1 50% off 3DS games 3/27-4/2 or whatever it is. I dont think theres any thread for that yet and it's a pretty good deal for those that are interested.

Edit: Kmart has the buy the 3DS system, get $25 off a 3DS game deal.

[quote name='megax11']Thought I would post this.

I namely am hoping that TRU gives a gift card or something.

I don't know if they are, but I DO KNOW, that TRU is having a promotion with the games next week.

The promo is buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games, starting Sunday.

If anyone catches wind of any places giving away gift cards, feel free to post.[/QUOTE]

Wait.....you dont know if they are....but do know? Im confused now

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wait.....you dont know if they are....but do know? Im confused now[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about a gift card with the system purchase, which is why I asked.

I do know that they are doing B1G1 half off on 3DS games, which is why I was mainly posting this topic.

EDIT: Changed thread title.

[quote name='Donut2922']In case this handheld sells out quick, I found TRU to be the cheapest reserve deposit so far ($20 only).[/QUOTE]
Amazon is free :p

So to add to my post, I was only going to get 2 3DS games at launch, but now that TRU is having a B1G1 half off on all 3DS games, I am leaning toward these titles -

SSFIV - 40
Ridge Racer - 20

Lego Star Wars 3 - 40
Pilotwings - 20 (fitting for such a short game)

Rayman 3D - 40 (loved Rayman 2 on Dreamcast; only system I own it on)
Steel Diver - 20 (fitting for what I hear is a short game) or Monkey Ball 3D

So 6 games, instead of 2. I have friends working inside the TRU I frequent. They are holding me those games as they arrive, so I get first dibs.

If this is confirmed ... Hm. I was set on SSFIV at Amazon due to the $10 credit, but I might swap to TRU and get SSFIV along with Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars.

If it IS true, i cant imagine how crowded/hoarded its gonna be......i still remember the Fallout NV deal here, a line of 10+ people, and some guy literally brought a cartful of copies. (Like, there was 10+ in it, along with the free Guide's and Gift Cards)

[quote name='megax11']So to add to my post, I was only going to get 2 3DS games at launch, but now that TRU is having a B1G1 half off on all 3DS games, I am leaning toward these titles -

SSFIV - 40
Ridge Racer - 20

Lego Star Wars 3 - 40
Pilotwings - 20 (fitting for such a short game)

Rayman 3D - 40 (loved Rayman 2 on Dreamcast; only system I own it on)
Steel Diver - 20 (fitting for what I hear is a short game) or Monkey Ball 3D

So 6 games, instead of 2. I have friends working inside the TRU I frequent. They are holding me those games as they arrive, so I get first dibs.[/QUOTE]

0_o do you have the ad scan? don't be lieing lol

I would buy a ton of 3DS games at toys r us if its true.

Good thing about living in Oklahoma City.

It's a big city, but never so crowded, you have to worry about much.

I've seen super huge deals go down at Toys R Us, and I would be the only one there that day.

However, just incase there are people ready to throw down some serious cheddar on the system and games, I got a manager holding the games I listed for me, as they come in.

Oh, and this is true, because my supervisor friend (not my manager friend), told me about the deal when I asked him about any deals.

EDIT: Guys, going based off what I was told by a supervisor, I am not lying. I wouldn't have wasted my time here, if I was just here in the interest of lying.

I have seen much more elaborate lies for dumber reasons, but for now ill trust you.....mainly because i want this deal to be true with all of my heart

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']That's it, just half off? Not a great deal, but something to keep in mind should I decide to get one next week.[/QUOTE]

Lol not a great deal? Thats the best you will see.

So far this is my go to on launch day if true. It'll save me a midnight trip to Gamestop on Saturday. I'll just go Sunday morning.

I was planning on getting SSFIV3DE and Pilotwings and didn't want to wait for shipping until after Sunday.

So basically you posted a "deal" in order to offhandedly post a question...correct? lol I don't really care myself, but just sayin...

[quote name='dgwillia006']I have seen much more elaborate lies for dumber reasons, but for now ill trust you.....mainly because i want this deal to be true with all of my heart

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']That's it, just half off? Not a great deal, but something to keep in mind should I decide to get one next week.[/QUOTE]

Some people can never be satisfied with anything.

[quote name='gargus']Some people can never be satisfied with anything.[/QUOTE]

it's really not that good of a deal. After taxes the games come out to $32.xx each. Amazon sells them for $40 flat.

I mean, if the 3DS had some worthy games it would be alright, but nothing launching with it is even worth $20 let alone $30+. This has to be one of the worst launch lineups I've ever seen. It is absolutely pathetic when the best launch title by far is a port of a Dreamcast game.

Well, take this with a fair amount of salt, but someone on another forum, whilst alluding to being "in-the-know", claims this is 100% accurate; there will be a B1G1 50% Off sale on all 3DS games starting Sunday.

Exactly. It's something but not the kind of 'oh crap, let me rush out now' kind of deal. Technically it's no different than a B2G1 except for the obvious fact you only need one game for the deal. And since it's at launch the selection is going to be limited.

Oh yeah, I agree. This, IMO, is not a good enough deal that anyone should be buying any more games than they originally intended. But, it's a good way to save a little extra $$$ on what you were planning to buy anyway.

[quote name='mattcube64']Oh yeah, I agree. This, IMO, is not a good enough deal that anyone should be buying any more games than they originally intended. But, it's a good way to save a little extra $$$ on what you were planning to buy anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was planning to pay full price on a couple games, so this does save me some money.

[quote name='mitnosi']Amazon is free :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah but at least with TRU you wouldn't have to worry about any shipping costs to return the said item if you changed your mind after you got it.

Deal is legit on the B1G1.

Week of 4/3 - $10 gift card with purchase of select 3DS games. (If there is anything left?)

No deals on the system for both weeks.

[quote name='GamesIsRLife']Exactly. It's something but not the kind of 'oh crap, let me rush out now' kind of deal. Technically it's no different than a B2G1 except for the obvious fact you only need one game for the deal. And since it's at launch the selection is going to be limited.[/QUOTE]

Mathfail. This deal is equivalent to B3G1.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']it's really not that good of a deal. After taxes the games come out to $32.xx each. Amazon sells them for $40 flat.

I mean, if the 3DS had some worthy games it would be alright, but nothing launching with it is even worth $20 let alone $30+. This has to be one of the worst launch lineups I've ever seen. It is absolutely pathetic when the best launch title by far is a port of a Dreamcast game.[/QUOTE]

Um, dude, the games are 40 bucks a pop. Half off would be 19.99, and based on my city and its tax rate, 19.99 comes out to 21.66. That's a far cry from 32 and some change.

[quote name='mattcube64']Oh yeah, I agree. This, IMO, is not a good enough deal that anyone should be buying any more games than they originally intended. But, it's a good way to save a little extra $$$ on what you were planning to buy anyway.[/QUOTE]

If the games are good enough, why not?

I was going to ease up off this launch, only buying two games at 40 a piece (SSFIV and Ridge Racer). Now that I can get every other game half off, I can get -

- SSFIV (full price for excellent game)
- Ridge Racer (20 bucks for excellent game)

- Lego Stars III (full price for excellent game)
- Pilotwings (20 bucks for short, but good game)

- Rayman (full price for excellent game)
- Steel Diver or Monkey Ball (20 bucks for short but good game; and just good game)

I mean this is no Dreamcast launch, which had the best launch lineup ever (to this very day), but getting 240 bucks worth of games, for 180, isn't anything to scoff at.

Best of all, we all know Nintendo doesn't drop the price of their games. Pilotwings and Steel Diver will be 40 bucks forever, before dropping off the face of the Earth, like Pokemon: Battle Revolution. We all know how much PBR is worth now, even used, so why not get them for a price point you will never see them at, which is 20 bucks?

[quote name='prim4444']Deal is legit on the B1G1.

Week of 4/3 - $10 gift card with purchase of select 3DS games. (If there is anything left?)

No deals on the system for both weeks.[/QUOTE]

Which games are included on the 10 buck GC?0

[quote name='megax11']Um, dude, the games are 40 bucks a pop. Half off would be 19.99, and based on my city and its tax rate, 19.99 comes out to 21.66. That's a far cry from 32 and some change.[/QUOTE]
On the 2nd game. He was saying $32.xx each for BOTH games.
$40 msrp + $20 2nd title = $60 total, or $30 + tax.

Yes, I also believe US launch of dreamcast had no doubt the best launch titles.

There were soul calibur, NFL2k, sonic afventur, ready to rumble, marvel vs capcom

And just to give ppl some advice on buying nintendo games, most of them don't ever drop in prices. So you better off buying first party nintendo games for cheap whenever you can. Cuz, I think you can get other third party games at cheap very soon. Like I don't think ridge racer or super monkey ball to 'stay' at 40 very long

[quote name='megax11']If the games are good enough, why not?

I was going to ease up off this launch, only buying two games at 40 a piece (SSFIV and Ridge Racer). Now that I can get every other game half off, I can get -

- SSFIV (full price for excellent game)
- Ridge Racer (20 bucks for excellent game)

- Lego Stars III (full price for excellent game)
- Pilotwings (20 bucks for short, but good game)

- Rayman (full price for excellent game)
- Steel Diver or Monkey Ball (20 bucks for short but good game; and just good game)

I mean this is no Dreamcast launch, which had the best launch lineup ever (to this very day), but getting 240 bucks worth of games, for 180, isn't anything to scoff at.

Best of all, we all know Nintendo doesn't drop the price of their games. Pilotwings and Steel Diver will be 40 bucks forever, before dropping off the face of the Earth, like Pokemon: Battle Revolution. We all know how much PBR is worth now, even used, so why not get them for a price point you will never see them at, which is 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be a hater but it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself those games are excellent just to justify your purchases.

From what I have heard Pilotwings isn't all that hot and and games like RR are mediocre at best. Also $40 for a lego game that will inevitably be $20 within a couple of weeks on amazon.

If it were me purchasing games the only game that interests me is SSFIV. Nintendo not launching with an amazing 1st party game has confused me since the Gamecube launch.

[quote name='prim4444']Deal is legit on the B1G1.

No deals on the system for both weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks prim.

Hrrm, have been debating what games to buy at launch, but I also swore I'd never set foot in a TrU on a system launch day again after accidentally showing up at the DS launch (was so disinterested I didn't even remember it was launching) at opening and nearly getting mauled by the soccer moms and their bratty kids.

The 3DS launch is pretty weak, I'll admit, but I'm trying to figure out which combo of SSFIV, Steel Diver, Super Monkey Ball (if the reviews are any good) and Ridge Racer I want to get at launch... this doesn't help. ;)

I wish BB would PM stuff like this, I already have my system preordered (for in-store pickup) and it'd be great to just grab a couple games and go.

Maybe since the price is high and the hype, while high, is a bit of the "wait and see" type, it won't be quite as chaotic as I'm afraid of.

[quote name='DIMONDA85']Not trying to be a hater but it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself those games are excellent just to justify your purchases.

From what I have heard Pilotwings isn't all that hot and and games like RR are mediocre at best. Also $40 for a lego game that will inevitably be $20 within a couple of weeks on amazon.

If it were me purchasing games the only game that interests me is SSFIV. Nintendo not launching with an amazing 1st party game has confused me since the Gamecube launch.[/QUOTE]

Well see, ever since Ridge Racer on PSP, I have liked every new entry (6, 7), so this being a new game, it won't be mediocre to me.

I don't base my life off some dork who sits at a desk pretending to be a professional game reviewer. I make my own calls. I like arcade style racers, and loved Ridge Racer on PSP, as well as 6 and 7.

I am always giving Traveler's Tales my money upon each LEGO game release, since they're not only good games, but better than any other movie to game translation out there (ie POTC, SW, Harry Potter, etc). I can never get enough of the LEGO games from TT, so gotta support them with my deniro. Since the 3DS is pretty powerful, I imagine it will be a non-HD port of the console games, so gotta roll with it.

Pilotwings, I can give ya. It has been getting good reviews, and I liked the past games. However, I do not base things off reviews, but I do notice that every review said the game is short. Short games to me aren't usually worth full price, so now is the best time to get it for half off. 20 bucks for a 3-5 hour game seems about right.

I am still undecided on Steel Diver or Monkey Ball. I have always loved the Monkey Balls, and own MB:D on XBOX (parts 1 and 2), as well as Banana Blitz on Wii. Steel Diver, I hear is a puzzle game at heart, and I love puzzle solving games.

Then there is Rayman 3D. Rayman 2 = epic... nuff said. I don't need to explain that one. That's a given, to have that game on the go.

See, it's not about defending games to make the purchase seem good, because if so, I would own a lot more games than I do now. However, after doing much research, video watching, plus playing past versions, it's easy to see why I would select certain games.

I mean had I listed crap like Nintendogs, or Dinosaur Battle blah-blah, then yeah, I could say I am blindly defending my purchases. However, I'm not known to buy crappy games, despite not reading reviews. My gut is what leads me to owning excellent games, and if you look at my list here -

http://backloggery.com/megax11

You will see easily that I have a very stellar game collection that is more win, than fail. None of those purchases were based off reviews either, because I don't ever let some pencil pusher tell me what I should and shouldn't like.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah but at least with TRU you wouldn't have to worry about any shipping costs to return the said item if you changed your mind after you got it.[/QUOTE]
Don't open the package and give it back to the carrier and tell them you're refusing it. No cost to you to return the item.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Which games are included on the 10 buck GC?0[/QUOTE]

I know pilotwings is one for sure. Won't know about the others until next week.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol not a great deal? Thats the best you will see.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the previous point of view that it isn't a great deal, but I will also agree with you that it's the best we'll see. So, if you are interested in launch titles--and many people are--then this deal is solid.

[quote name='prim4444']I know pilotwings is one for sure. Won't know about the others until next week.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if it'll stack with the B1G1 50% off?

Pilotwings + Rayman 3D for me (never played rayman 2) at toys r us.

Time to trade some games in

Might get Steel Diver and super monkey ball 3D as the second combo

[quote name='Bioterror']Two different weeks, buddy.[/QUOTE]

No one said anything about when the B1G1 50% off ends, unless I missed it? I've been able to stack deals like this before at TRU without a problem, and they started on different weeks (B1G1 50% + GC).

bread's done
Back