Toys R Us 3DS: Sunday, buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games

megax11

CAGiversary!
Thought I would post this.

I keep checking here to see if anyone knows of any sweet deals coming next week, for the 3DS, but I see nothing.

I namely am hoping that TRU gives a gift card or something.

I don't know if they are, but I DO KNOW, that TRU is having a promotion with the games next week.

The promo is buy 1 get 1 half off on all 3DS games, starting Sunday.

If anyone catches wind of any places giving away gift cards, feel free to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
This didn't seem right to me unless I misinterpreted what this deal was supposed to be but I wasn't about to argue either - I went into my TRU to grab SSF4 and Pilotwings, which I had no problem doing (they had tons of copies of basically every game and both color 3DS's and not a lot of people there) and sure enough it came up as $59.98 + tax, but on top of that I got a $20 GC ($10 for each). Total out-of-pocket expense was $64.18 (7% tax) for the 2 games and $20 GC. :applause: This was at the Robinson Township TRU for anyone in the Pittsburgh area wondering which location. :)

[quote name='Googer']This didn't seem right to me unless I misinterpreted what this deal was supposed to be but I wasn't about to argue either - I went into my TRU to grab SSF4 and Pilotwings, which I had no problem doing (they had tons of copies of basically every game and both color 3DS's and not a lot of people there) and sure enough it came up as $59.98 + tax, but on top of that I got a $20 GC ($10 for each). Total out-of-pocket expense was $64.18 (7% tax) for the 2 games and $20 GC. :applause: This was at the Robinson Township TRU for anyone in the Pittsburgh area wondering which location. :)[/QUOTE]

wait howd u get the gift cards?

I just went to my Best buy and price matched for ghost recon and star wars and got a 10 gift card. They tried to give me the run around for a minute but they knew they had to match.

Great deals, wish I had price matched at BB. Happy though I picked up Street Fighter and Steel Diver and used some early TRU trade in credit. By the way, is anyone excited about Steel Diver the way I am? :)

[quote name='Jarpo']Anyone know how much TRU is giving for a DS Lite?[/QUOTE]

$75, as long as it's complete and in good shape. At least that's what I thought I'd read in these forums over the past week or so.

[quote name='dansoccerball']wait howd u get the gift cards?[/QUOTE]
The checkout clerk just gave it to me, as it apparently came up automatically in the system during checkout. At first I thought I was getting a $20 GC instead of $20 off but before I got a chance to say anything, he said my total was $59.98 + tax, so I kept quiet and sure enough I got both. I verified online (via a checkout I didn't follow through with fully) that my GC is indeed active and worth $20 as well. Also my receipt says I saved $40 total:
receipt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Until this morning I thought this was only BOGO if you bought the 3DS at TRU. After I realized my error I went to TRU this morning and grabbed SSFIV and Samurai Warriors to go along with Ridge Racer and Pilotwings that I grabbed at K-Mart.

I probably should've skipped on SSFIV though I know it's barely going to get played and just grabbed an extra copy of Pilotwings to return to K-Mart.

[quote name='Achilles00']$75, as long as it's complete and in good shape. At least that's what I thought I'd read in these forums over the past week or so.[/QUOTE]

$75 for a LITE? Are you sure you don't mean DSi?

[quote name='integralsmatic']Thanks penguin. I liked the lego star wars series and the trailers look great but may opt for the console version instead. still a consideration though[/QUOTE]

I hope you disregard what I said, upon further research, it's apparently a glorified port of the DS version, with no large scale battles, and some other setbacks...

needless to say, I didn't buy it.

Went in the morning and picked up Pilot Wings, Ghost Recon, Lego Star Wars and Rayman 3D. The store I went to was a ghost town and had plenty of all the games.

I am pissed got a great deal at bestbuy on games today but got my 3ds at gamestop because I had a 220+ in tradein credit and my NEW 3DS had a HUGE chunk of dust dead center and they have no more till april 1.....but what really sucks is all the stores around gamestop (BB, Frys etc have tons of them....) so now I have 2 games and no system..why did i not keep my dusty one till april because the cool guy that makes sure everything is always good told me it was his last day. He cant guarentee they will exchange it april 1st. So the safest plan was to return and re preorder it.

Is there an unadvertised 10 GC with 3DS game?

[quote name='Googer']The checkout clerk just gave it to me, as it apparently came up automatically in the system during checkout. At first I thought I was getting a $20 GC instead of $20 off but before I got a chance to say anything, he said my total was $59.98 + tax, so I kept quiet and sure enough I got both. I verified online (via a checkout I didn't follow through with fully) that my GC is indeed active and worth $20 as well. Also my receipt says I saved $40 total:
receipt.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Got to my local BB/TrU (next door to each other) about 9:55, saw a line of about 10 people outside BB, and TrU had already opened their doors. I walked in to TrU figuring I'd be in the midst of a madhouse, and it was empty. Guy said a couple people had asked about the 3DS but only 1 or 2 purchasers. They had all of the launch games at the counter, so I grabbed Ridge Racer and Steel Divers (I've barely touched SSFIV on consoles and none of the other games interest me that much for $40 MSRP). I was in and out in about 3 minutes, pretty amazing.

Then I went over to BB and it looked like most of the people waiting weren't for the 3DS since no one was mulling about in videogames. There was one other guy looking at the games table with a BB rep and me; I asked the rep if they'd PM TrU and he said "Oh yes, absolutely, just go to the customer service desk." So the guy and I walked over to the desk, and I knew this store was HORRIBLE about stretching the PM policy in the slightest... and of course, they wouldn't do the PM. Even though that meant they were losing sales to us just going next door.

(I went to TrU first based on reading everyone here getting shot down early this morning but I had wanted to try to get RZ/Gamers points on them)

But I had my 3DS pre-ordered at BB so I picked it up there (they didn't set one aside for me even though I got the "your order will be ready for pickup tomorrow" email, so that was a mess).. got home and it has 1 very tiny but slightly noticable stuck/hot white pixel on the upper screen. ugh!! :( I don't know what the deal with my luck is but I swear, I can't buy something with an LCD screen anymore without stuck pixels. I will admit it's not particularly noticeable but now that I've seen it, I will ALWAYS see it. (although I would almost feel embarassed trying to return it since trying to show where it is would be tricky)

Overall, not a bad launch day, although I hope the better games start rolling out soon with such an uninspired launch. I'm hoping some of the games drop fast, even with bad reviews I wouldn't mind getting Super Monkey Ball, Lego Star Wars, etc-- but at closer to $15 than $40. (and I don't quite count TrU's B1G1-50% since $30 is too high for a lot of these too) Been really enjoying playing with the 3d camera stuff. Ridge Racer is pretty fun, and the 3d effect works really well (Although once in a while I must go bug-eyed or something and lose the 3d effect and get all screwed up with what's going on). Steel Divers is interesting but a bit clunky in controls. I knew, sorta, what I was getting in to but hopefully I'll make friends with it.

[quote name='nixmahn']Is there an unadvertised 10 GC with 3DS game?[/QUOTE]

For the week of 4/3, there is a $10 gift card with select games offer.

TRU does have a tendency to select a few test stores and run ads a week early.

[got home and it has 1 very tiny but slightly noticable stuck/hot white pixel on the upper screen. ugh!! :( I don't know what the deal with my luck is but I swear, I can't buy something with an LCD screen anymore without stuck pixels. I will admit it's not particularly noticeable but now that I've seen it, I will ALWAYS see it. (although I would almost feel embarassed trying to return it since trying to show where it is would be tricky)
]

I wouldn't hesitate to return it/exchange it. I bought a computer monitor at Best Buy not long ago, and there was a stuck pixel in the lower right corner...same thing, not glaring, but once I saw it, I always saw it. I took it back, told them the problem and they swapped it out for me with no fuss.

[quote name='prim4444']For the week of 4/3, there is a $10 gift card with select games offer.

TRU does have a tendency to select a few test stores and run ads a week early.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info about the GC, I guess to find out if a store is participating if you scan the UPC at the price check machine it would show on the screen if the GC promo is valid at the store or not.

It seem's TRU didn't market this deal enough. It was completely empty when I walked in. Last night I happened to be at TRU for unrelated business and just passed through the VG section and asked about their stock so I can decide whether or not to show up early in the morning. The guy was nice enough to take my name and put my four games on hold.

Turns out, that was unnecessary. I was the only one there. Got my games (SF4,Pilotwings,Ghost Recon and Nintendogs+Cats for the wife) and drove over to BB to pick up our 3DS'.

Only tried SSF4 so far. It's a great port, no lag from what I've played (16 matches online) . It has it's own version of achievements/trophies, which I thought was cool. I like that you can hit rematch/change character w/o having to search for a new match. I'd like to be able to communicate w/ the other player..at least options to say good game, or trade ID's or something. It might exist, but if it does I haven't found it. If you have SSF4 and play online my ID is "Phame"

bread's done
Back