Toys R Us: $5 off 3ds game, $10 off WiiU game. Nintendo "Holiday Mall Experience" promo code.

For Paul

CAGiversary!
I went to the Nintendo holiday mall experience at the Queens mall and got some coupon codes. The online code is a generic promo code, so, anyone could probably use it. The expiration date is 12/31/15, and it says it's good on any 3DS/WiiU game, online offer may vary, one coupon per customer.

I tried it and added pokemon OR which is on bf sale today for $29.99, and the promo worked. TRU also has free shipping for orders above $19.

3DS promo code: 5OFF3DS

WiiU Promo Code: 10OFFWiiU
Credit goes to Sunstyle on SD.

10% off any Nintendo product (including consoles), stackable. Limited by location, starts Nov 23rd and lasts until Dec 24th
For the third year in a row Nintendo will be hosting demo kiosks in select malls across the US showing off their new games for Wii U and 3DS. Each year they have given out 10% coupons to Target, which can be stacked with other coupons/discounts. This coupon works especially well since Target which has a fairly generous price-matching policy and lots of coupons and %'s off this time of year. Here's the link to the kiosk announcement, which a note in there about the coupons being back:

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/rwvrI-Z5UjT7GjNVmCU58bGtG2VqTuR6

Last year I made a thread about this, where I used the following:

10% off Nintendo Coupon
20% off Target coupon (they usually havea "spend $75, get 20% off purchase" (1 day only) around this time of year)
5% Redcard
and bought the Wii U when it was on sale for $250

Paid ~$190.

You can also pick up multiple of these coupons. Last year I made a few trips to the mall and each time asked the person working there for a stack of them- they were happy to oblige.

Last year these also stacked with Buy2 Get 1 Free purchases.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case you're thinking of buying Nintendo stuff this year, since I can never find prices as low as when I stack with this coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went through and made my entire order through the cruddy mobile site, just to be hit with a OOS Mario and Sonic Sochi Olympics AFTER my order was paid for, adding a $5.99 charge for shipping w/o asking. Just cancelled my order. Whatever :whistle2:/ I had Sochi 2014 before and wasn't impressed but $1.99 would persuade me...

Beware that some stuff that shows in-stock and lets you checkout, might be removed after it processes your credit card info and it will charge you for anything that was still in-stock. There's no warning that it's not available anymore nor asks you to resubmit your order.

Might be an issue if you're buying filler just to get an order over $19.

I used an AMEX. Even if it's free you still need to enter the CID on your CC for it to process.
The problem is that I enter the CID in the payment screen and then it says "enter your CID" when I go to submit the order but doesn't give me the box to do so.

I've tried on 4 different browsers on 2 different computers and operating systems.

Got a cancellation email for the Sonic game earlier, and my other order for Angry Birds Star Wars 3DS. No loss.

FYI, there are a whole bunch of new $9.99 3DS games listed on the TRU website, but a lot are OOS for shipping and the good ones seem to be out locally.  You may get lucky at a local store though.

FYI, there are a whole bunch of new $9.99 3DS games listed on the TRU website, but a lot are OOS for shipping and the good ones seem to be out locally. You may get lucky at a local store though.
Thank you! Got Pokemon Art Academy and Mario Tennis Open for store pickup for $5 each.

I can't believe that Nintendo or ToysRUs didn't put some restrictions on those codes. It's like scalpers bought up all of the stock.

If someone gets Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy for Nintendo 3DS, send me a PM so maybe we can work something out...

[quote name="Josef" post="13074570" timestamp="1449018469"]FYI, there are a whole bunch of new $9.99 3DS games listed on the TRU website, but a lot are OOS for shipping and the good ones seem to be out locally. You may get lucky at a local store though.[/quote]
Wanted a bunch of those games (batman, Lego city, Layton) but non were in Stock near me. At least was able to get Pokemon Art Academy.

Thanks for the heads up!

anyone want  

Angry birds for the 3ds.. cousins kid wanted it   and they did not want to pay for shipping so ordered 20 of them LOL

what is weird  went over at store looknig for games and seen   40 of 

Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy for Nintendo 3DS in the case but it says  i cant pick them up  and they ring up 39.99 in store

Lol I still haven't heard anything about the games I got last Friday. Got a delay notice on some Mario and Sonics and ordered some Transformers for Wii U for pick up and haven't heard anything haha.

anyone want

Angry birds for the 3ds.. cousins kid wanted it and they did not want to pay for shipping so ordered 20 of them LOL

what is weird went over at store looknig for games and seen 40 of

Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy for Nintendo 3DS in the case but it says i cant pick them up and they ring up 39.99 in store
I sent you a pm

Toys r us is the absolute worst when it comes to fulfilling discounted orders. I ordered 2 tablets for $99 each (normally $200) and they canceled my order 4 days later because the item was "out of stock" which I find to be fishy since the tablets were up there for atleast 2 days after I ordered. It's like they're drunk when they put the items on sale and later they wake up, realize what they've done and are like "omgz we discountz too much, cancel all the orderz!" 

I wonder if it would be pos

FYI, there are a whole bunch of new $9.99 3DS games listed on the TRU website, but a lot are OOS for shipping and the good ones seem to be out locally. You may get lucky at a local store though.
I wonder if it would be possible to price-match these $9.99 3DS games at retail stores like Wal-Mart or Target, even though the games I want are sold-out on the TRU online store and at my local TRU location. I'd love to buy "Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy" and "Layton Vs Phoenix Wright" for $10 each

Man I order Dk Tropical freeze for $20 and got Super Mario Maker instead how did that happen
LOL why can't that happen to me? Mario Maker is AWESOME. There's nothing like Mario Maker out there, not even close. A truly transformative game.

I went to the mall experience, but they only had $5 and $10 coupons that can only be used at TRU. I didn't see any 10% off Nintendo coupons there. Anybody have a similar experience?

Is the local stock checker accurate? I can't remember if it was TrU or not, but there was some store that always said oos when checking online but they were really in stock at the local store, not sure if TrU is it or not. I really want both of the Layton games =(

Is the local stock checker accurate? I can't remember if it was TrU or not, but there was some store that always said oos when checking online but they were really in stock at the local store, not sure if TrU is it or not. I really want both of the Layton games =(
I can't find a Layton game within 50 miles of me. Azran Legacy is going to taunt me forever. This deal was posted to Slickdeals earlier and I think it was really cleaned out.

[quote name="donny2112" post="13075074" timestamp="1449040636"]Check Target. My local Target just put Azran Legacy in their Clearance area for $19.98,[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up. The closest one that has it is 20mi away...

Not sure if there is anything I want to get with this. Have yet to finish 3d world or tropical freeze so I don't want another platformer. Probably would have picked up the happy home designer bundle if they had it in stock because I need the reader for my 3ds anyway.

Looks like the prices for the 3DS games are back to normal on the site. And these are not $10 in store?
Yep, looks like it was a one day sale. I guess I kind of lucked out because I just got an email saying my $4.99 copy of Lego City Undercover is available for pickup :)

I ordered a few 3DS games for shipping.  Most are still pending, but they already cancelled Harvest Moon, saying it's out of stock.  Which is funny because it is still in stock on their website.  Has anyone dealt with this before?  Is it worth calling and complaining?

I ordered a few 3DS games for shipping. Most are still pending, but they already cancelled Harvest Moon, saying it's out of stock. Which is funny because it is still in stock on their website. Has anyone dealt with this before? Is it worth calling and complaining?
It's possible they only allotted a certain amount at the sale price and once they sold out they would go out of stock for the duration of the sale. I know they did that with DKC: Tropical Freeze as it was OOS when it was on sale but once the price raised back up to $49.99 it was in stock again. Wouldn't hurt to call them about it though.

yea i went into the store today and they had a lot of the games that were only 9.99 but i could not do store pick up...but then i checked my phone and saw the sale was over. 

For my DK Tropical Freeze it just says Item(s) located in stock You can expect to receive your item(s) between 12/10/15 and 12/15/15

They sent me an email today saying my package was delayed.  I better be getting this as I ordered it as a gift.

what the hell is wrong with TRU shipping 

FEDEX SMARTPOST BELLEVILLE, MI

6:29 am

In transit

DELAWARE, OH

12/01/2015 - Tuesday
6:23 pm

In transit

LEWISBURG, OH

11/30/2015 - Monday
11:39 pm

Departed FedEx location

FEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

6:01 pm

Arrived at FedEx location

FEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Leaves kS  jumps over indiana (where am at)  goes to ohio and now  mich.  LOL  says  i get it friday

20 angry birds  WOOOO

what the hell is wrong with TRU shipping

FEDEX SMARTPOST BELLEVILLE, MI 6:29 am In transit DELAWARE, OH

12/01/2015 - Tuesday
6:23 pm In transit LEWISBURG, OH

11/30/2015 - Monday
11:39 pm Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS 6:01 pm Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST KANSAS CITY, KS

Leaves kS jumps over indiana (where am at) goes to ohio and now mich. LOL says i get it friday

20 angry birds WOOOO
I've been reading tons of cancelled, delayed and messed up orders from Toys R us in the last week. They don't have it together at all.

bread's done
Back