Toys R' Us 75% Off Toy Blowout - DEAD

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Looks like Toys R' Us is having a sale online. I am unsure if the prices reflect towards the B&M Stores, hopefully they do.

http://www.toysrus.com/category/ind...4&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1&origkw=2792794

Anyway there are a few video game items for sale. Notables include:
Shipping somewhat kills these deals, so stock up to make it easier to swallow.

OOS Gamecube 1019 Memory Card - 7.50
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2308495&cp=2792794.2792822&parentPage=family

OOS Wii Wireless Sensor Bar - 5.00
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2629091&cp=2792794.2792822&parentPage=family

OOS Xbox360 64MB Memory Card - 7.50
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2382214&cp=2792794.2792822&parentPage=family

OOS Xbox360 Woody Faceplate - 2.00
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2340247&cp=2792794.2792822&pg=2&parentPage=family

OOS Wii Zelda Kit w/ 512MB Card - 10.00
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2557491&cp=2792794.2792822&pg=3&parentPage=family

OOS - PS2 Logitech Driving Force Pro - 37.50
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2383525&cp=2792794.2792822&pg=3&parentPage=family

OOS XBOX/PS2 DDR Ignition Pad 25.00
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2303950&cp=2792794.2792822&pg=4&parentPage=family

See the rest of the video game stuff here, mostly junk accessories:
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2792822&cp=2792794

edit: Nearly everything is OOS, check what items are left using the first link.
edit2: Dead

Has anyone gotten their shipping notice yet? ordered 2 gamecube memory cards but till now the status is sitll item located in stock. but the other items (action figures) that I purchased during the sale has already been shipped!

[quote name='bb_88']Has anyone gotten their shipping notice yet? ordered 2 gamecube memory cards but till now the status is sitll item located in stock. but the other items (action figures) that I purchased during the sale has already been shipped![/QUOTE]

No, mine says the same thing. I'm guessing these won't ship and they'll just end up canceling our orders. It's been 2 days now (not counting the 4th, which they probably had off) so you'd think they'd be able to ship out the orders already.

I placed 2 orders. 1 item shipped from one, and 4 out of 5 shipped from the other. Rest of the items say "located in stock" still.

Probably coming from multiple warehouses...or one really messy one.

[quote name='bb_88']Has anyone gotten their shipping notice yet? ordered 2 gamecube memory cards but till now the status is sitll item located in stock. but the other items (action figures) that I purchased during the sale has already been shipped![/quote]Mine was in the "item located in stock" until this morning, when I had an email with a tracking # show up.

Awesome! I received an email notifying me that my Memory Card 1019 orders were shipped. I was worried they might have been cancelled because I didn't get to order them when they were first available. I had to place my order after they came back in stock a few hours after they sold out.

I placed my order a minute or two after I posted, and got a "Your items have been shipped email" yesterday. For whatever reason two of the items shipped UPS Ground and the other USPS. Oh well, I'm just glad everything actually shipped.

I got the Pelican System selector today (two, actually), and it's not the HD one they advertised (PL-970), instead it's the PL-071C. It's a 5 input s-video switch, with no component and no LAN ports. I can actually use this, but I imagine others are going to be pretty disappointed. There's actually a sticker over the UPC that says PL-970 and a different UPC code.

These are 2 out of the 6 items I ordered, and none of the rest have shipped yet.

[quote name='ma']I got the Pelican System selector today (two, actually), and it's not the HD one they advertised (PL-970), instead it's the PL-071C. It's a 5 input s-video switch, with no component and no LAN ports.[/quote]

I just got mine and came here to say the same thing. I'll definately be sending it back. It's pretty fucked up that they'd do that.

my wheel is shipped. 2 of my stuff got cancelled and they charged the same shipping fees. so my wheel is pretty much $63 total. still a good deal i guess.

[quote name='Tideas']Mna, how long is it gonna take them to ship me my wheel. i'tll be almost a week soon[/quote]

Did you get the Momo wheel or the Logitech wheel? I ordered two Logitechs and they both shipped today.

my wheel is shipped. 2 of my stuff got cancelled and they charged the same shipping fees. so my wheel is pretty much $63 total. still a good deal i guess.

What two things got cancelled? I ordered several things including toys for my kids and I'm starting to wonder if I may get some things cancelled. If it were me I'd try to get that shipping cost back, but I take cheap to the next level like the dad on Everybody Hates Chris, "$6 shipping not refunded? That's 19.85 diapers!"

[quote name='ma']I got the Pelican System selector today (two, actually), and it's not the HD one they advertised (PL-970), instead it's the PL-071C. It's a 5 input s-video switch, with no component and no LAN ports. I can actually use this, but I imagine others are going to be pretty disappointed. There's actually a sticker over the UPC that says PL-970 and a different UPC code.

These are 2 out of the 6 items I ordered, and none of the rest have shipped yet.[/quote]

They cancelled my system selector, which made me swear, but I guess it's for the best. I really needed the one with component inputs.

But they shipped my GC memory card and a bunch of other stuff. I need to make sure they deducted the shipping for the system selector. If I look at it on their site, it looks like they did, but their emails say different.

Oh well. Guess it's back to Circuit City to re-buy the one I just returned.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did you get the Momo wheel or the Logitech wheel? I ordered two Logitechs and they both shipped today.

What two things got cancelled? I ordered several things including toys for my kids and I'm starting to wonder if I may get some things cancelled. If it were me I'd try to get that shipping cost back, but I take cheap to the next level like the dad on Everybody Hates Chris, "$6 shipping not refunded? That's 19.85 diapers!"[/QUOTE]

LOL.... tahts funny. i might call them or something. its those 2 puzzles i ordered. it was the snoopy and mickey classic puzzles that got cancelled.

Since when did an eBay scammer run TRU.com?

1. I too got the wrong component switcher. The UPC was covered with a sticker for the HD selector. What the fuck is TRU trying to pull? Do they think we won't know the difference?

2. When I take the above back to a B&M TRU for a refund/exchange (complete with printouts of the TRU.com product description and info sheet from Pelican/Amazon for comparison), I'm going to have to fight for a shipping refund. See, they shipped every single item separately. Rather than divide the shipping costs among all the items, they tacked the entire shipping on one item. Of course, it wasn't the switcher.

3. My Michael Graves Scrabble set shipped in a box about twice as big as the set itself. And they didn't put anything in the box for padding. The box (not the Scrabble set itself, thank God) was open when I got it from where UPS stacked something heavy on top, ripping the tape.

I haven't gotten everything yet, but I can safely say this is the last time I buy anything from TRU.com. Instead, I'll weep silently over memories of TRU's former glory...

Ah, awesome. My Guitar Hero skin, Simpsons Clue, Yahtzee Deluxe, and Donkey Kong puzzle (ie my full order) shipped yesterday (although I got three emails).

I checked the PL 970 listing at TRU.com. Surprise, surprise - what was once "Picture Not Available" for the sale now has a picture of the correct item post-sale. The Item# matches the number on my packing slip, which will be their undoing. If the B&M has a PL-970, there is no way I'm walking out of the store without one.

[quote name='ozzymandd']I checked the PL 970 listing at TRU.com. Surprise, surprise - what was once "Picture Not Available" for the sale now has a picture of the correct item post-sale. The Item# matches the number on my packing slip, which will be their undoing. If the B&M has a PL-970, there is no way I'm walking out of the store without one.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I didn't realize you could do TRU exchanges in-store. Maybe I will exchange mine.

I was too late for the gaming stuff, but I bought 7 board game/toy items. I just got notice yesterday that 3 of the 7 shipped, with the entire $9.94 shipping tacked on that first (and only, so far) shipment. The others still say "located in stock" so hopefully they ship. But if they cancel those and still charge me $9.94 shipping for 3 things that only cost $10.75 total, I'll be pissed.

As it was I had to play around with the order of the items and clear my cart several times to get the cheapest shipping. With the exact same 7 items I had my shipping vary from $9.94 to $25 or so. I'd remove everything, put them back in a different order, and shipping would be different every time :lol:. TRU.com is screwed up big time...

[quote name='ma']Nice, I didn't realize you could do TRU exchanges in-store. Maybe I will exchange mine.[/QUOTE]

I only know that you can return in-store. Frankly, I'm not sure that the B&M's sell the PL-970 anymore. If they do, though, I can't see any reason a smart manager would turn down my exchange request. I have more than enough evidence that TRU.com purposely bait-and-switched.

Now I just need to find a TRU with a smart manager...

[quote name='io']I was too late for the gaming stuff, but I bought 7 board game/toy items. I just got notice yesterday that 3 of the 7 shipped, with the entire $9.94 shipping tacked on that first (and only, so far) shipment. The others still say "located in stock" so hopefully they ship. But if they cancel those and still charge me $9.94 shipping for 3 things that only cost $10.75 total, I'll be pissed...[/quote]

Better than me, the Gamecube cards are still 'backordered" for me and they shipped the two 75 cent keychains with the $5 shipping. I will be donig a lot of yelling if (it's TRU so it's really when) they cancel my order.

No GC card for me. I got my order, along with the shipping invoice saying it SHOULD be in there. No memory card though :(

Guess someone forgot to pack it, even though they said they did. At least TRU customer service was very friendly and offered a refund. They're OOS now, so I'm beat.

Ahh...got my stuff today. 1 1019 memory card (should of got two), 1 nyko led stylii, and 1 Visual Echo 3d puzzle of DK jungle...I wanted the mario one but they were out. Great deal.

[quote name='ma']I got the Pelican System selector today (two, actually), and it's not the HD one they advertised (PL-970), instead it's the PL-071C. It's a 5 input s-video switch, with no component and no LAN ports. I can actually use this, but I imagine others are going to be pretty disappointed. There's actually a sticker over the UPC that says PL-970 and a different UPC code.

These are 2 out of the 6 items I ordered, and none of the rest have shipped yet.[/QUOTE]you too huh? I didn't even get the courtesy of a sticker! [quote name='ozzymandd']Since when did an eBay scammer run TRU.com?

1. I too got the wrong component switcher. The UPC was covered with a sticker for the HD selector. What the fuck is TRU trying to pull? Do they think we won't know the difference?

2. When I take the above back to a B&M TRU for a refund/exchange (complete with printouts of the TRU.com product description and info sheet from Pelican/Amazon for comparison), I'm going to have to fight for a shipping refund. See, they shipped every single item separately. Rather than divide the shipping costs among all the items, they tacked the entire shipping on one item. Of course, it wasn't the switcher.

3. My Michael Graves Scrabble set shipped in a box about twice as big as the set itself. And they didn't put anything in the box for padding. The box (not the Scrabble set itself, thank God) was open when I got it from where UPS stacked something heavy on top, ripping the tape.

I haven't gotten everything yet, but I can safely say this is the last time I buy anything from TRU.com. Instead, I'll weep silently over memories of TRU's former glory...[/QUOTE]I tried this and they said they wouldn't honor prices from the online store and if I took this one in, I'd have to pay full price for the HD one ($19.99). :bomb:

anyone know how much this crappy one they sent me is worth? I might just go to TRU and play dumb (der, I got it as a present) and exchange it if the prices are close enough.

IIRC, the non-hd one retailed for $20 as well. but TRU probably clearanced them out a long time ago - so the price in their systems is likeonly a few dollars.

I got my two 360 memory units last night. At least that's what the packing list said. There was only one in the envelope. On the plus side, they credited me and told me that when (if?) they come back in stock I can call and get the clearance price again.

[quote name='Bune']you too huh? I didn't even get the courtesy of a sticker! I tried this and they said they wouldn't honor prices from the online store and if I took this one in, I'd have to pay full price for the HD one ($19.99). :bomb:

anyone know how much this crappy one they sent me is worth? I might just go to TRU and play dumb (der, I got it as a present) and exchange it if the prices are close enough.[/quote]

Not gonna happen. TRU stopped taking receiptless returns over a year ago.

well this is crap. I went in today to just out-right buy the HD system selector since they said they had two in stock. Guess what they actually had in stock? the crappy one that we've all been shipped with the UPC for the other one stickered on over the regular UPC. the hell, TRU?

I haven't gotten anything yet, but I did get a shipment notice for the rest of my items yesterday. They are still bastards for front-loading all the shipping cost onto the first order. So, shipment 1 for 3 items was $10.xx + $9.xx shipping. Shipment 2 for 4 items was $13.75 + $0 shipping. Fine for me since they didn't cancel/backorder anything. Of course, I still need to see if they actually shipped what I ordered - that seems to be a problem with them :roll:.

[quote name='Bune']well this is crap. I went in today to just out-right buy the HD system selector since they said they had two in stock. Guess what they actually had in stock? the crappy one that we've all been shipped with the UPC for the other one stickered on over the regular UPC. the hell, TRU?[/QUOTE]

Wait. That might not be a bad thing. You could buy the HD selector and take the crappy one you got at TRU.com back with the store receipt. Shady, I know. But any more shady than knowingly sending the wrong one in the first place?

that's the thing though - the crappy one is the HD one, at least according to the UPC on the packaging. They don't actually have the HD one in stock.

I did get a note added to my TRU.com account that says that as soon as it's back in stock online I can order it again at the $5 clearance price. Hopefully if it does come back I'll get the right one. :/

[quote name='Bune']you too huh? I didn't even get the courtesy of a sticker! I tried this and they said they wouldn't honor prices from the online store and if I took this one in, I'd have to pay full price for the HD one ($19.99). :bomb:

anyone know how much this crappy one they sent me is worth? I might just go to TRU and play dumb (der, I got it as a present) and exchange it if the prices are close enough.[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list. They said they'd refund my money, but that that it wasn't their policy to RESHIP their items. That kind of flat response irked me for some reason, especially since this isn't the first problem I've had with Toys R Us recently.

The thing too is that they have the HD one listed on the site and pictured, and then I get this thing delivered to me which looks NOTHING like the PL-970. The sticker just slapped on there smacks of fraud. Never mind the fact that they sent ONE and charged me shipping for THREE of them, only to have the operator tell me that they couldn't reship and that there weren't any more in stock (if they knew that, why do they charge the full price to ship?). Toys R Us has gone to the dogs IMHO. Clearance or not, you make a mistake, you ought to make it right.

bread's done
Back