Toys R Us B1G1 50% Off this Sunday on ALL GAMES

Despacio

CAGiversary!
Buy 1 Game, get 50% off the other.

Starts Sunday, will last all week. Bundles like Tony Hawk and DJ Hero are pictured as well as new Zelda DS and The Saboteur which say they will be in store by 5pm on Tuesday.

So save your money if your looking to rack them up. Again, it's all games across all platforms. I just thought I would give the heads up so you can plan ahead and hold off on any other purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal, but I'm still holding out for Amazon to drop some prices. The only games I need by the end of the year are Modern Warfare 2 and LBP: GOTY.
In other words, I'll think about it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Maybe but by Sunday I doubt there will be anything I want seeing as how Gamefly.com used game sale is killing me this week.

Does that include bundled games?
i.e. DJ Hero?

(TRU associate was classifing games that came with controllers are special bundles and not always eligible for certain deals)

I was looking at the in-store ad, there is no guarantee this applies to online as well. The ad said "ALL GAMES" and to choose from over "385 Titles!" Take from it what you will. I should have just took a copy home with me but it didn't cross my mind at the time.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']:360: Does this mean I can buy Tom Raider: Underworld for $20 and pre-order Dante's Inferno for $30?[/QUOTE]

yes it does, 100%... :roll:
(rule of thumb, equal or lesser value on the 2nd game)

I been wanting to get Battlefield: Bad Company since I'm getting part 2, they're selling it for $19.99 and so if the pre-ordering a game counts toward this deal, I'm totally going to pre-order Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Edit- Any coupons worth mentioning? Do coupons usually stack with deals like this?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Oh, great! Can I pre-order in-store?[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the point. He was being sarcastic. If you tried that, you would buy Dante's Inferno for $60 and get Tomb Raider Underworld for $10. All sales on multiple items always have the item with the lowest price discounted/free. Everyone is always trying to get one over...

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Oh, great! Can I pre-order in-store?[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm. 2nd game has to be equal of lesser value and currently out.

[quote name='100xp']Does that include bundled games?
i.e. DJ Hero?

(TRU associate was classifing games that came with controllers are special bundles and not always eligible for certain deals)[/QUOTE]
I second this question, I'd love to pick up a Rock Band bundle

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I think you missed the point. He was being sarcastic. If you tried that, you would buy Dante's Inferno for $60 and get Tomb Raider Underworld for $10. All sales on multiple items always have the item with the lowest price discounted/free. Everyone is always trying to get one over...[/QUOTE]

:applause:

God, I really shouldn't be spending money, but with all these sales on video games, its making it VERY tough. If this works for bundles, then I may have to cave in.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I think you missed the point. He was being sarcastic. If you tried that, you would buy Dante's Inferno for $60 and get Tomb Raider Underworld for $10. All sales on multiple items always have the item with the lowest price discounted/free. Everyone is always trying to get one over...[/QUOTE]

Aw-shucks! Either way, I'll check it out just to see what they have on Sunday. See if there's anything I really want.

Thanks OP. I've been wondering when I would be able to use this damn $20 giftcard which expires at the end of the month.

I don't know what to get though, especially since TRU's prices are generally significantly higher than Amazon's.

[quote name='plutoknight']I wouldn't bank on it.[/QUOTE]

True, but I've heard of some Best Buy's matching such deals in the past, though it depends on your Best Buy and what that manager decides.

[quote name='Despacio']Beat me by a minute! :)[/QUOTE]

Well you joined the site 3 years ago so been getting great deals for 3 years longer than me. Who's the real winner here? ;)

[quote name='Erathaol']Well you joined the site 3 years ago so been getting great deals for 3 years longer than me. Who's the real winner here? ;)[/QUOTE]

You just blew my mind. Good point. :applause:

[quote name='Thorgouge']Just to be sure, do you keep the half off of the second game if you end up returning the full price game? How does that work?[/QUOTE]
No. You usually have to return both at the same time. Or they'll subtract your savings on the 2nd game off the amount they give you for returning the first.

I needed to buy a 360 copy of MW2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii for my little bros for christmas. I've got my $20 giftcard from my copy of MW2. Hells yeah (thanks for posting this)!

I need to use my $20 gift card too by the end of the month. Only problem is that Toysrus for some reason hates having sales on ANY games. I decided that I wanted to get GTA IV for PS3, I went to a Toysrus the other day and guess what? They didn't even have that. In addition, half their PS3 collection was behind the register counter of the game section and half of it is in the PS3 section. In short, the organization of the gaming section was terrible...

Also, I saw that had GTA IV for the Xbox 360, selling at $40. That's bullshit. Basically, this giftcard is going to end up going to waste since Toysrus just sucks..

[quote name='mdmola']I need to use my $20 gift card too by the end of the month. Only problem is that Toysrus for some reason hates having sales on ANY games. I decided that I wanted to get GTA IV for PS3, I went to a Toysrus the other day and guess what? They didn't even have that. In addition, half their PS3 collection was behind the register counter of the game section and half of it is in the PS3 section. In short, the organization of the gaming section was terrible...

Also, I saw that had GTA IV for the Xbox 360, selling at $40. That's bullshit. Basically, this giftcard is going to end up going to waste since Toysrus just sucks..[/QUOTE]

If its going to go to waste you can give it to me, I'd take it.

:)

Or you could sell it to someone you know...

Has anyone been able to find the God of War Collection at TRU?? Its not even online. I would love to get it for $20 and use my MW2 gift card.

Same here, I've been waiting for a sale like this to burn my $20 TRU MW2 gift card. Hopefully it turns out ok... :cold:

[quote name='mdmola']I need to use my $20 gift card too by the end of the month. Only problem is that Toysrus for some reason hates having sales on ANY games. I decided that I wanted to get GTA IV for PS3, I went to a Toysrus the other day and guess what? They didn't even have that. In addition, half their PS3 collection was behind the register counter of the game section and half of it is in the PS3 section. In short, the organization of the gaming section was terrible...

Also, I saw that had GTA IV for the Xbox 360, selling at $40. That's bullshit. Basically, this giftcard is going to end up going to waste since Toysrus just sucks..[/QUOTE]

If TRU sucks so bad, why even click on the link to enter the thread? Did you not know this deal was going on at TRU? Also, unless you're not old enough to buy certain PS3 games, them being behind the counter isn't really a problem, just more of a minor inconvenience.

But 'tis the season to be the cheapest of gamers and a sale that basically takes $15 off two brand new games isn't much of a deal IMO. Especially since almost all of the newest releases have been $40 or below within the last week.

Besides Spirit Tracks I don't know what else I could want. Just bought Buzz and GoW:C for the $20 PSN cards and found everything else I wanted over the last month or two. I need to start COMPLETING games for a change. Lol.

But I'll probably look anyway since I can't resist adding discounted games to my collection. I'll bet there's more DS stuff I could try.

*Bah, I think Zelda releases on the 7th.

[quote name='Emokesta44']Has anyone been able to find the God of War Collection at TRU?? Its not even online. I would love to get it for $20 and use my MW2 gift card.[/QUOTE]

The store I work at got like 2-3 of them this past week. Call your local Toys R Us and see if they have it.

[quote name='metallicoholic']If TRU sucks so bad, why even click on the link to enter the thread? Did you not know this deal was going on at TRU? Also, unless you're not old enough to buy certain PS3 games, them being behind the counter isn't really a problem, just more of a minor inconvenience.

But 'tis the season to be the cheapest of gamers and a sale that basically takes $15 off two brand new games isn't much of a deal IMO. Especially since almost all of the newest releases have been $40 or below within the last week.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of ranting now and then. I'm glad that I learned that others (not just me) are having trouble trying to find something to get from Toysrus because of their noncompetitive pricing and poor selection.

My point: ToysRus is making it really hard for me to spend my money at their store.

To those asking for my giftcard: yes I still plan on using it, but I'm trying to find out what I can use it on.

The next games I may want:

Infamous (the most), GTA IV (want just as much), ACII and maybe GOW Collection

honorable mentions: Dead Space

I could make this really easy and just get Dead Space as it's usually $20. But, I want GTA IV way more, Infamous is $60 ($37 at Amazon.com right now) so it would be stupid to waste a giftcard on that game.
What I was hoping was I could get GTA IV at the regular price price at a ToysRus for $30 -$20 gift card = $10

Interesting... got to make my way out there and see what might be worth getting (like I don't have a nice backlog of games to play now lol). I nedd to get some screen protectors anyway...

[quote name='mdmola']
I could make this really easy and just get Dead Space as it's usually $20. But, I want GTA IV way more, Infamous is $60 ($37 at Amazing right now) so it would be stupid to waste a giftcard on that game.
What I was hoping was I could get GTA IV at the regular price price at a ToysRus for $30 -$20 gift card = $10[/QUOTE]

Not the best plan, but it is a plan. Like you noted, you could get the games you want for cheaper at other places. My suggestion is to just hit up as many TRus as possible and and hope for the best. Or get Dead Space and find something else you might want.

Think I'll get Pinball Hall of Fame and something else similarly priced to get rid of my gift cards before they expire

Are there any restrictions? Have to use my giftcard also, want assassins creed 2 and borderlands, god if I buy these two that is 9 games in one week...

[quote name='mdmola']There's nothing wrong with a little bit of ranting now and then. I'm glad that I learned that others (not just me) are having trouble trying to find something to get from Toysrus because of their noncompetitive pricing and poor selection.

My point: ToysRus is making it really hard for me to spend my money at their store.

To those asking for my giftcard: yes I still plan on using it, but I'm trying to find out what I can use it on.

The next games I may want:

Infamous (the most), GTA IV (want just as much), ACII and maybe GOW Collection

honorable mentions: Dead Space

I could make this really easy and just get Dead Space as it's usually $20. But, I want GTA IV way more, Infamous is $60 ($37 at Amazon.com right now) so it would be stupid to waste a giftcard on that game.
What I was hoping was I could get GTA IV at the regular price price at a ToysRus for $30 -$20 gift card = $10[/QUOTE]

My advice for getting GTA IV is to either go to a local Blockbuster and see if you can pick it up cheap (some stores have it as part of their $9.99 no cover/no manual sale--I myself got it for $14.99 as part of a B1G1 sale) or if you are part of Goozex, get it from there (there are currently 30 copies available). Another option might be Gamefly. GTA IV seems to be one of those games destined to be part of their used sale that's going on right now. If you're already planning on spending $10 on the game, I'd do it somewhere else and leave the giftcard for a more expensive game. I think it's much more rewarding to bring a $60 game down to $40 than paying $10 for a game that already is $10.

You mentioning Dead Space being $20 makes me wonder if there are going to be any restrictions on the price of these games. If I remember correctly, the last B1G150% had to be $29.99 and over games. If you are going for this sale, I would get AC2 and Infamous to maximize the deal (two $60 games), especially since you have a giftcard.

Oh, and despite my ranting earlier at you, I do agree that TRU's arrangement of games is terrible compared to Best Buy or Gamestop, but it doesn't hold a candle to Circuit City. I don't like that there are games behind the counter at TRU but I understand that they have kids coming in there all the time and wouldn't want some unhappy parent suing them because their kid managed to buy GTA IV. It sucks that they have to keep the games hidden like that, but when you're a company that panders to children, what else can you do to cover your own ass?

I hope it last longer then 2 day I'd like to take advantage and get Zelda:spirit Tracks along with Might and Magic by using my 20GC from MW2 and 10 GC from buying board games for my sons cousins.

[quote name='sjcarlo408']so will it count if i buy modern warfare, then got 50% off DJ Hero? or the other way around?[/QUOTE]

I think if MW2 sells for $60, then your next game will have to be $60 or less in order to get 50% off.

bread's done
Back