Toys R Us B1G1 50% Off this Sunday on ALL GAMES

Despacio

CAGiversary!
Buy 1 Game, get 50% off the other.

Starts Sunday, will last all week. Bundles like Tony Hawk and DJ Hero are pictured as well as new Zelda DS and The Saboteur which say they will be in store by 5pm on Tuesday.

So save your money if your looking to rack them up. Again, it's all games across all platforms. I just thought I would give the heads up so you can plan ahead and hold off on any other purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sjcarlo408']so will it count if i buy modern warfare, then got 50% off DJ Hero? or the other way around?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Casteor']I think if MW2 sells for $60, then your next game will have to be $60 or less in order to get 50% off.[/QUOTE]

That's called "highest price prevails". It's pretty common in retail promotions.

If I buy a 100 dollar BB giftcard for 90 at Kroger then PM this at BB I could get two games for... uhhh 86 dollars or so after tax. That would be 43 each after tax... might be worth a shot.

Anyone know how much the Rock Band 2 bundle goes for at Toys R Us now? I know they had it at $100 for black friday, but I wanna see if it's still at $100 and will be for this deal. Thanks.

[quote name='Despacio']Buy 1 Game, get 50% off the other.

Just a heads up, I believe it's Sunday and Monday only. Might be all week, but I'm pretty sure the ad said 2-days only. Still, it's definitely starting this Sunday. So save your money if your looking to rack them up. Again, it's all games across all platforms. I'm sure someone will be in here to confirm the days soon, but I just thought I would give the heads up so you can plan ahead and hold off on any other purchases.[/QUOTE]

Sale is all week long.

[quote name='prim4444']Sale is all week long.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. I know where I'm buying my copy of Spirit Tracks now. Just have to decide on a second game.

[quote name='mdmola']There's nothing wrong with a little bit of ranting now and then. I'm glad that I learned that others (not just me) are having trouble trying to find something to get from Toysrus because of their noncompetitive pricing and poor selection.

My point: ToysRus is making it really hard for me to spend my money at their store.

To those asking for my giftcard: yes I still plan on using it, but I'm trying to find out what I can use it on.

The next games I may want:

Infamous (the most), GTA IV (want just as much), ACII and maybe GOW Collection

honorable mentions: Dead Space

I could make this really easy and just get Dead Space as it's usually $20. But, I want GTA IV way more, Infamous is $60 ($37 at Amazon.com right now) so it would be stupid to waste a giftcard on that game.
What I was hoping was I could get GTA IV at the regular price price at a ToysRus for $30 -$20 gift card = $10[/QUOTE]

To futher blow your mind. You don't have to spend the $20 gift card on Games. You could buy anything in the store. Release your inner child and pickup that Barbie Doll you have always wanted.

Does anyone know if Toys R Us has Xbox Live cards in store? I have a gift card and don't really want to order online and wait...The sale is pointless for me, since I have all the new games I wanted, and buying the older ones I want for $60 when I could get them for 30-45 on Amazon is, well, stupid.

[quote name='Sashka']Does anyone know if Toys R Us has Xbox Live cards in store? I have a gift card and don't really want to order online and wait...The sale is pointless for me, since I have all the new games I wanted, and buying the older ones I want for $60 when I could get them for 30-45 on Amazon is, well, stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do.

[quote name='sadunk']Come on glitch!!! Haha, no.... 50% off 1 game means 25% off 2 (if same price). B2G1 is better deal.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you're joking?
You understand that Buy 1 get 1 half off is the same deal as buy 2 get 1 free right?

You're still getting 50% off on every game purchased

Meaning
1 game full price
1 game 50% off

2 games full price
2 X 50% off = free game

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Please tell me you're joking?
You understand that Buy 1 get 1 half off is the same deal as buy 2 get 1 free right?

You're still getting 50% off on every game purcahsed[/QUOTE]

Not quite. "Buy 1 get 1 half off" is essentially "Buy 3 get 1 free".

Consider: first game is full price, second is half off. You've got two games in hand, and you've saved 50% off the cost of one.

If you buy a third game, it, too, will be full price. You'd need to pick up a fourth game to get the next 50% off.

All in all, you've got four games in hand, but paid for three (100% + 50% + 100% + 50%).

Buy 2 get 1 free is a better deal, and better than that would be Buy 1 get 1 free.

KB has fun with math.

Meaning
1 game full price
1 game 50% off

2 games full price
2 X 50% off = free game[/QUOTE]

Let's apply some numbers here.

For the buy one get one half off, suppose you get 2 $60 games. Then, you'd pay only $30 for one of them so you end up paying $60+$30=$90.

$90/2=$45=cost per game.

For B2G1free, you choose 3 $60 games. You pay $120. $120/3=$40=cost per game.

Obviously, $40!=$45 so B2G1 free is a better deal.

Meaning
1 game full price
1 game 50% off

2 games full price

I think you need to check your math again...you would actually end up with 4 games, 3 of which you pay full price for. In this case B2G1 Free is superior.

Meaning
1 game full price
1 game 50% off

2 games full price

Actually, I hope you're joking. B1G1Half off is the same as 25% off each game. B2G1F is the same as 33% off each game. I guess that faulty math logic is why TRU keeps doing these sales.

Any confirmation to this? I know they did the same deal for Ds games the week before BF. Of course, they wouldn't give me the deal on BF. So, I would liek to take them back and rebuy them myself.

JJ

[quote name='jjhearn']Any confirmation to this? I know they did the same deal for Ds games the week before BF. Of course, they wouldn't give me the deal on BF. So, I would liek to take them back and rebuy them myself.

JJ[/QUOTE]

I can confirm I work at Toys R Us and looked at the ad myself. I promise, this Sunday the deal starts. :)

[quote name='Despacio']I can confirm I work at Toys R Us and looked at the ad myself. I promise, this Sunday the deal starts. :)[/QUOTE]

so it's all week, not just Sunday?

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, I hope you're joking. B1G1Half off is the same as 25% off each game. B2G1F is the same as 33% off each game. I guess that faulty math logic is why TRU keeps doing these sales.[/QUOTE]

or how about idiots such as yourself who purchase another game just for an extra 8% off each game?

**newsflash**

Paying $90 for 2 games you WANT is better than paying $120 for 2 games and one you don't even want. Most of us buy games when they come out so it's hard enough to find two games we want but don't have, let alone three.

Enjoy your extra 8% savings.:applause:

Would you buy 2 bluray movies instead of one just to save 8%? No? Ok then you're a hipocrite.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']or how about idiots such as yourself who purchase another game just for an extra 8% off each game?

**newsflash**

Paying $90 for 2 games you WANT is better than paying $120 for 2 games and one you don't even want. Most of us buy games when they come out so it's hard enough to find two games we want but don't have, let alone three.

Would you buy 2 bluray movies instead of one just to save 8%? No? Ok then you're a hipocrite.[/QUOTE]

How does youre post make any sense? If people bought a 3rd game for only an additional 8% off you think stores would WANT to run that sale more than a B1G1 50% off in order to increase sales. Furthermore most people here probably have a 3rd game they want. Youre on CAG FFS, few people here pay retail price or buy their games immediately since theres almost always a sale after a month.

Also barring opinions on when people buy games or which sale is more profitable (which i wouldn't be able to argue one way or another and i doubt you have the knowledge to either), youre math is faulty. You save more than 8% by buying in a B2G1 free over B1G1 50% off)
120/30 = 40
90/2 = 45
(45-40)/45 = 11% + The tax saved making it closer to 14.5% (considering the national average for sales tax is 8.5%)

So would you enjoy a 14.5% savings? I know i would.

(BTW before you try arguing 33-25=8, that does not give you your actual savings percentage but rather percentage point difference)

LOL, omg who cares... a deal is better than no deal. Some people will find it beneficial, some won't. :roll:

[quote name='jjhearn']Any confirmation to this? I know they did the same deal for Ds games the week before BF. Of course, they wouldn't give me the deal on BF. So, I would liek to take them back and rebuy them myself.

JJ[/QUOTE]

You didn't get the deal because the deal for that week ended on the Wed before black friday.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']or how about idiots such as yourself who purchase another game just for an extra 8% off each game?

**newsflash**

Would you buy 2 bluray movies instead of one just to save 8%? No? Ok then you're a hipocrite.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you are engaging in personal attacks. I haven't bought anything at one of these B2G1 or B1G1 sales at TRU in a couple years and when I did, I always got three games I really wanted and there was no Amazon or other retailers that even came close to beating the deal. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who regularly buys games when they come out is the only idiot considering how quickly prices drop.

My friend said he would hold off on getting MW2 for the Xbox360 and let me buy the PS3 version for 50% off. I'm glad he did that for me.

I might also pick up Bioshock and BF:BC while I'm there. I been meaning to play those two. My only fear is that might just be TOO many FPS's to play. Especially since Killzone 2 is in my backlog.

:(

Ok Infamous's MSRP is now $40. That would make things MUCH easier for me if I'm able to use my giftcard on that to get it for $20. Only problem is that it's Toysrus... I'm afraid that they will just leave the price marked up for a while. For anyone who works at Toysrus, how long does it take for the official price cut to take place? Or does toysrus just keep their own prices?

[quote name='sadunk']Come on glitch!!! Haha, no.... 50% off 1 game means 25% off 2 (if same price). B2G1 is better deal.[/QUOTE]

A marketing wonder, it's easy to confuse the "B1G1 50% Off" with the superior "B2G1 Free". In text, they seem equivalent, but, in fact:

"B1G1 50% Off" is a 25% discount.
"B2G1 Free" is a 33% discount.

Really. Adding two "B1G1 50% Off" sales together does not equal "B2G1 Free". It equals "B3G1 Free", a 25% discount.

On the plus side, you have one fewer title to buy at a single price. If you usually have a 40% difference in price between the most expensive and least expensive items in a "B2G1 Free" sale (e.g., $50, $50, $30), you'll score about the same discount in "B1G1 50% Off" with equal-priced items.

Meaning
1 game full price
1 game 50% off

2 games full price
Bad math = FAIL.

Do you work for TRU by any chance? You have to be.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Bad math = FAIL.

Do you work for TRU by any chance? You have to be.[/QUOTE]

Bad grammar= FAIL

[quote name='Shimrra']Maybe but by Sunday I doubt there will be anything I want seeing as how Gamefly.com used game sale is killing me this week.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!! The games are in ridic condition to boot!!

God and baby Jeebus, let this be so. I have an xmas bonus to spend. I missed out on the Uncharted 2 for $40 at Amazon/Walmart. So I can see me picking up Assassin's Creed 2 + UC2 for $90. That would be a decent score. I looked at the TRU ads for this week and the Sat/Sun only sale, and it looks like 50% off Wii games when you buy NSMBWii. That + Rabbids go home for $75 doesn't sound too bad either...

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']Not quite. "Buy 1 get 1 half off" is essentially "Buy 3 get 1 free".

Consider: first game is full price, second is half off. You've got two games in hand, and you've saved 50% off the cost of one.

If you buy a third game, it, too, will be full price. You'd need to pick up a fourth game to get the next 50% off.

All in all, you've got four games in hand, but paid for three (100% + 50% + 100% + 50%).

Buy 2 get 1 free is a better deal, and better than that would be Buy 1 get 1 free.

KB has fun with math.[/QUOTE]

Buy 2 get one free works out like this........
Buy 120 dollars worth of merchandise and save 60 dollars

Buy 1 gets one 50% off works out like this.........
Buy 60 dollars with of merchandise and save 30 dollars

It's the same exact math problem just doubled in one. If you choose to buy double of the buy 1 get one 50% off you're still saving the sixty dollars that you would if you bought the buy 2 gets one free sale.

It's not about games, it's about the money saved. Both of them saves you the same amount of money, they're just in different sale packages

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Buy 2 get one free works out like this........

It's the same exact math problem just doubled in one. If you choose to buy double of the buy 1 get one 50% off you're still saving the sixty dollars that you would if you bought the buy 2 gets one free sale.

It's not about games, it's about the money saved. Both of them saves you the same amount of money, they're just in different sale packages[/QUOTE]

Very nice.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']

[/QUOTE]

You mean buy $120 worth of merch and save $30...

It's not about games, it's about the money saved. Both of them saves you the same amount of money, they're just in different sale packages[/QUOTE]

Except for buy 2 get 1 free you have to spend $120 to save that $60. For buy 1 get 1 half-off to save that same $60 you have to spend $180. Buy 2 get 1 is still the better deal.

[/QUOTE]
Actually, buy 1 get 1 50% off means buy 90 dollars worth of merchandise and save 30 dollars.

You pay $60 for the 1st game, $30 for the 2nd. Total = $90. Saved = $30.

Wow, you really need a remedial math class. If you buy two $60 games and you get the third free, you have spent $40 per game plus tax or a total of $120. If you buy one $60 game and get one half off or for $30, you have spent $90 total or $45 per game. If you buy double of the B1G1, you end up spending $180 or still $45 per game. Yes, in both scenarios you save $60 compared to paying full MSRP for the games, but in the double B1G1half scenario, you had to spend $180 to "save" that $60 while in the first scenario, you only spent $120. Like I said earlier, this sale was tailor made for consumers like yourself without any concept of basic math.

bread's done
Back