Toys R Us Coupon mailer: $10 off two games 19.99 or less

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
Got a R-Zone holiday gift guide in the mail today. A couple of good coupns in there:

Save $10 on Sega 2 packs

$10 off an Nintendo purchase $100 or more

Save $5 off any Disney Video Game

The most interesting is one that is $10 off any two Video games $19.99 or LESS. Obviously a misprint but it will be interesting to see if they will honor it. Probably not.

Anyone else get these? The coupons are good starting Dec 3rd

[quote name='slidecage']anyone need Resident evil Code Ver X or whatever its called. My idoit cousin got me 5 of them for Xmas tonight so i got 9 now.[/quote]

Masha, any comment on this one? :rofl:

[quote name='TimTucker']Ok, this should save some work for some people. I've made up a word document that contians UPCs for many of the games related to this sale (plus some others that aren't).

http://www.timtucker.com/games/upcs.doc

With this in hand, you should be able to just walk over to a price scanner to check prices rather than having to wait for a check within RZone.

Merry Christmas & Happy Hunting!

(and try not to hammer the server too hard ^^)

(Just to note, this list was made using the method that I'd mentioned earlier: look up what the UPC code is on half.com, then generate a barcode at upcdatabase.com)[/quote]

Thank you. Ah, the season of giving. Hope we can return the favor sometime.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='slidecage']anyone need Resident evil Code Ver X or whatever its called. My idoit cousin got me 5 of them for Xmas tonight so i got 9 now.[/quote]

Masha, any comment on this one? :rofl:[/quote]

dont need a comment since all of them are gone (sold them for 4 bucks each. (98 cents it cost me and 2 for shipping and buck to cover gas and paypal fees)

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I dont feel like searching the topic... So Ill just ask... Where can I get the coupon other than the mailer?[/quote]

Page 3 I believe. I don't know if it's still valid.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I dont feel like searching the topic... So Ill just ask... Where can I get the coupon other than the mailer?[/quote]

Page 3 I believe. I don't know if it's still valid.[/quote]

Thanks a bunch! Did the coupon work at stores when printed?

i got mine off page 9 about in the middle of the page. worked all 4 times i used it. Going back tomorrow and see if they got anything good

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I dont feel like searching the topic... So Ill just ask... Where can I get the coupon other than the mailer?[/quote]
last post on page three

[quote name='Trakan']Page 3 I believe. I don't know if it's still valid.[/quote]

All the coupons from the Flier/PDF say that they're valid until December 31.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but extrapolating from the clearance markdowns on the 2nd and 16th, I'm hoping that means some incredible deals on the 30th. (Assuming they keep to a 2 week thursday markdown schedule)

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Thanks a bunch! Did the coupon work at stores when printed?[/quote]

YMMV, but I've had it work at 5 different stores in Michigan and 4 stores in Indiana (I made quite a few stops on my way home for Christmas break). I've gotten some reactions of surprise and a few questions from cashiers, but I've never had any problem just giving them an honest answer.

I used the coupon at 3 different stores. At one, the clerk asked if it was a copy . . . I said that it was a printout from the internet . . . her fellow clerk said "oh the website, its OK."

These were "free" after coupon :)
The Thing
Unreal Champ
Stuntman
Mad Maestro
Morrowind
Namco Museum
Kinetica

I got one copy each, but supplies were pretty limited.

In my experience, the games in the plastic frames in a clearance rack (not boxes) were $5 before coupon

These were from the Milwaukee TRUs

my cousin just went in and picked up 40 copies of Street racketball for ps1 he went in for the 2 for 30 deal (2 for 20 after coupon) greatest hits game. THis was Last thursday before XMAS. he picked up 2 GH games and picked up 2 copies of Street racketball. this is what my cousin told me happen

Worker: you like ps1 games
Cousin : they are ok
WOrker: we are going to be putting out a lot of stuff dec 26 and need the shelf space so if you want you can clear those Racketball games for me.

Cousin: how much are they each.
Worker: with this coupon they are free

So cousin went back and grabbed the last 40 (I guess they been there for months and no1 wanted them)

So he walked out with 42 games for 20 bucks + tax.... Asked what he was going to do with them and he said Coasters LOL

[quote name='slidecage']my cousin just went in and picked up 40 copies of Street racketball for ps1 he went in for the 2 for 30 deal (2 for 20 after coupon) greatest hits game. THis was Last thursday before XMAS. he picked up 2 GH games and picked up 2 copies of Street racketball. this is what my cousin told me happen

WOrker: we are going to be putting out a lot of stuff dec 26 and need the shelf space so if you want you can clear those Racketball games for me.

So cousin went back and grabbed the last 40 (I guess they been there for months and no1 wanted them)

So he walked out with 42 games for 20 bucks + tax.... Asked what he was going to do with them and he said Coasters LOL[/quote]

Wow....just wow.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='slidecage']my cousin just went in and picked up 40 copies of Street racketball for ps1 he went in for the 2 for 30 deal (2 for 20 after coupon) greatest hits game. THis was Last thursday before XMAS. he picked up 2 GH games and picked up 2 copies of Street racketball. this is what my cousin told me happen

So he walked out with 42 games for 20 bucks + tax.... Asked what he was going to do with them and he said Coasters LOL[/quote]

Wow....just wow.[/quote]

Anyone else have $20 to throw away on "coasters"?

I noticed TRU has a sale this week "2 for 30 on all games $19.99 or less." Does this mean that if you want to buy 2 $5 games they will raise the price to $30?

My store had a copy of Fatal Frame II and La Pucelle left somehow so after taking back NFL2k5 and Mad Maestro I only paid a dollar something for the both of them and Club World/Jam Pack for cheap game. Got 40 at Gamerush for them and got Star Ocean 2 mint, Xenogears(Non GH), Clock Tower 2, and Katamari Damacy for $10 or $23 altogether. :cool: Thank you TRU coupon.

I can now answer my own question, the 2 for $30 does not raise the price for cheap games.

I hit the motherload at my TRU. I left with 22 games for the grand total of... $6 and change. 10 of them are Outlaw Golf Christmas version, which I only get so many of because they aren't excluded in EBGames's trade in promotions.

The other 12 are: Sneakers, Timesplitters 2, Robotech Battlecry, Primal, Sled Storm, Unreal Championship, Music Maker, Ejay Clubworld, Turok, Dr Muto, SeaBlade and Fantavision.

They were all green tag games. The 70% off helped alot because now $20 games came out to be $1 and anything cheaper was free. I got in on this deal late, but I still made out like a bandit anyway.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='slidecage']my cousin just went in and picked up 40 copies of Street racketball for ps1 he went in for the 2 for 30 deal (2 for 20 after coupon) greatest hits game. THis was Last thursday before XMAS. he picked up 2 GH games and picked up 2 copies of Street racketball. this is what my cousin told me happen

Wow....just wow.[/quote]

Anyone else have $20 to throw away on "coasters"?[/quote]

No the 2 bucks for was the 2 Greatest hits games (was 2 for 30 but then the coupon is 10 bucks off 2 games so its 2 for 20. The 40 Ps1 games they said they are using for coasters were FREE (9.99 green tag - 50% = 4.99 then 10 bucks off 2 so the PS1 games were FREE)

Well guys, I don't know what the hell just happened, but for some reason, I got them to accept the coupon on top of the other sale (2 for $30). Only thing is, none of the games were originally $19.99. I got:

2 copies of Xenosaga (original, not GH)
Siren
Fatal Frame 2 (PS2)
Manhunt XB

All for $32! LOL...looking at the receipt it makes no sense what they did, but it looks like both discounts (the $10 coupon and the 2 for $30) somehow got combined. Works for me!

Yeah, I didn't expect the two to combine for me, but they did for me as well. I probably made a mistake picking up RE:CVX instead of Kingdom Hearts. If I'd known the two would combine, I'dve got KH even at $30 (would've been $10, $5 if I had the disney coupon, damn I should've done it).

But I didn't have the Disney coupon, and I already have three RPGs to finish anyway (Jade Cocoon almost done, Xenosaga, and Chrono Cross)...

Picked up VF4: Evo for $1.86, R-Type for $8.70, RE:CVX for $5.20, and XIII for $2.62.

I told the cashier I picked up the coupon off the website, and he said he'd have to print one out himself. :( I feel kinda bad because he was a cool enough guy and he's gonna get his hopes up and then not find it on the site. He did tuck the coupon away in a drawer, so I hope he re-uses mine. After I got in my car, the idea popped up that I should've said "I lied, go to cheapassgamer.com" as I quick-walked out, but the store was closed by then.

I wish I would've known about the PDF scan last week when I picked up Xenosaga + Devil May Cry.

They were like $6 and $8, but with this they would've been like $1 and $3.

:(

lol

Hmm.... I just got back from my TRU, trying to use the scanned coupon. The clerk even typed in the code because it wouldn't scanned, but it's still not working. Anyone else have problems today? Because I used one last week and it worked fine. I thought it was because the coupon won't combine with the 2for30 deal, but after seeing some people able to combine the two promotions, I guess that's not the issue.....

Actually, after looking at my receipt, the two deals didn't combine, but that's okay, because if I understand correctly, the 2 for $30 is only for games originally priced $19.99?

As to your question, I used it today, but maybe it came to the attention of your local manager and he invalidated the coupon locally in their computers? Can they do that?

I was at a different TRU than I had went to before and it wouldn't scan and the sku wouldn't go in. After she got all pissy she run everything up all over and then the coupon scanned in. So davelin just make sure they put in the sku or scan the coupon before they hit total. Theres a lot of seasonal workers out there not famliar with procedure.

BlaseDeviant - that's the way I thought the deal was supposed to work as well, but NONE of the games I bought were $19.99 games. Manhunt was $12.98, Siren was $15.98, FF2 was $13.98, and Xenosaga was $4.98. The receipt is very confusing, because it shows both discounts spread out over 4 of the games. I didn't even say anything about either discount - the 2 for $30 one automatically rang and I just gave the cashier the coupon (which did scan from the printout) at the end of the transaction. Very weird.

Actually, now that I'm taking a closer look at my receipt, I kinda see what happened. It's still very weird. It took my 2 most expensive games (both under $19.99):

Siren - $16.98
Fatal Frame 2 - $13.98

And used the 2 for $30 promotion to make them add to $30 (Siren became $16.45 and FF2 became $13.55). Then it used the $10 coupon once on those (making Siren $10.96 and FF2 $9.04) and once on 2 of my other games ($2.77 off Xenosaga and $7.23 off Manhunt). The other Xenosaga was $4.98 and did not receive any discount, though in retrospect I should have picked up something else (I did have a Castlevania: LOI in my hands that was ringing up $15.98 - damn!) because it most likely would have used the $10 coupon on those again. What a strange promotion...has anyone else had a similar experience? You can give them one coupon and it will just automatically use it for every 2 games you have under $19.99? :?

[quote name='rarebucky']Actually, now that I'm taking a closer look at my receipt, I kinda see what happened. It's still very weird. . . .

What a strange promotion...has anyone else had a similar experience? You can give them one coupon and it will just automatically use it for every 2 games you have under $19.99? :?[/quote]

Yes, that's what this whole thread has been discussing :roll:

Kidding aside, the coupon is magical and mystical . . . it appears to just take off $10 total on a pair of already cheap games . . . often splitting the $10 in a strange way on the receipt. Plus, it seems to automatically combine with other deals. And clerks seem stunned . . . yet they don't seem to question it and many can't resist. A little bit like the CC glitch that sold 2 GH, PH, or PC games for $10 a few weeks ago.

If the computer says sell if for $x.xx (even if its 0) . . . then you must obey the machine!!!!! Standing there at the register, you start to feel like Obi Wan with a wave of your hand "these aren't the droids you are looking for . . ."

A nice way to cap off our 2004 CAG savings . . . here's to 2005!

Oops...that's what I get for only reading 6 out of the 17 pages of the thread :) Seriously though, this is a great deal. I only wish I had picked up other stuff there...this store had BG&E, Sphinx, another FF2, Castlevania, etc.

[quote name='rarebucky']Oops...that's what I get for only reading 6 out of the 17 pages of the thread :) Seriously though, this is a great deal. I only wish I had picked up other stuff there...this store had BG&E, Sphinx, another FF2, Castlevania, etc.[/quote]

no problem . . . I was just kidding . . . yeah, these threads get huge.

I'm looking for Castlevania (trade or if someone would sell it cheap).

Get in there and pick up a couple . . . :notworth: I'll worship you for life.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='rarebucky']Oops...that's what I get for only reading 6 out of the 17 pages of the thread :) Seriously though, this is a great deal. I only wish I had picked up other stuff there...this store had BG&E, Sphinx, another FF2, Castlevania, etc.[/quote]

Get in there and pick up a couple . . . :notworth: I'll worship you for life.[/quote]

I was able to pick up Castlevania:LOI two weeks ago on clearance. Last time I checked (last Sat.) they still had a lot of Castlevania:LOI. The clearance price at my TRU $12 (but they might have lowered it) so with the coupon will be around $7. Let me know if $7 +shipping is too much than your willing to pay for it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I was at a different TRU than I had went to before and it wouldn't scan and the sku wouldn't go in. After she got all pissy she run everything up all over and then the coupon scanned in. So davelin just make sure they put in the sku or scan the coupon before they hit total. Theres a lot of seasonal workers out there not famliar with procedure.[/quote]

That makes sense. I'll try that today. Thanks.

i just cleared all the Primal games out at the local TRU . I felt sorry for them noone wanted them (they been in the same bin for months... so if anyone needs one let me know )

[quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='schultzed'][quote name='rarebucky']Oops...that's what I get for only reading 6 out of the 17 pages of the thread :) Seriously though, this is a great deal. I only wish I had picked up other stuff there...this store had BG&E, Sphinx, another FF2, Castlevania, etc.[/quote]

Get in there and pick up a couple . . . :notworth: I'll worship you for life.[/quote]

I was able to pick up Castlevania:LOI two weeks ago on clearance. Last time I checked (last Sat.) they still had a lot of Castlevania:LOI. The clearance price at my TRU $12 (but they might have lowered it) so with the coupon will be around $7. Let me know if $7 +shipping is too much than your willing to pay for it.[/quote]
I got a copy of Castlevania at my TRU for $1.85 after coupon. I didn't get any extras but I'll pick up a few more today to trade with whoever needs them.

I didnt even have the coupon at my TRU, the cashier actually told me about it. I had one green tag game (final Fantasy Tactics) and the guy told me to grab another. So I grabbed Dragon Valor. He then scanned a coupon he had behind the counter and ended up giving me the games for about 1.50 total. So that and the lcd screen I got were a total of about 23.00.

So if anyone is near the Ridgedale TRU off 394 in the Cities, its a good place.

I went to TRU today and picked up Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Guilty Gear X2 for xbox, came out to $20 total after the 2 for $30 deal and the $10 coupon. Going to check another TRU tomorrow, hoping they have Sonic Mega Collection Plus.

Hit up TRU AGAIN, and walked out with:

Primal x 2
Metropolismania
XIII for Cube
KOF 00/01
F-Zero Maximum Velocity

For $26.51. Basically, $20 of the price went to F-Zero and KOF...I didn't realize it at the time, but the magical coupon doesn't work if the game is on sale. It shows up in their system at the full price, then the sale price gets applied. This was probably discussed somewhere else in this monster thread, but just thought I'd throw it out there again for those who might not know.

Just got back from another run. Got a bunch of stuff I neglected to price check on previous visits and a few copies of XIII. The guy said he just put them out and there was a lot more in the back. He didn't even open the cases, just grabbed some behind the counter. I also picked up 3 copies of Castlevania LOI for trade. PM me if interested.

I picked up Castlevania (I didn't see it before) at my TRU for $10 after coupon . . . why not on clearance! :cry: It was $20 ($10 off 2 $20 games and then another $5 off).

Also found a cheap copy of Tenchu and MOJO (each free after coupon) . . . not much else on hand.

I got Breakdown hoping it was on clearance ($20 which matched up with Castlevania) for $10 after coupon . . . it is likely to be returned . . . too much for me :).

Castlevania was $11.98 at another TRU. The one closest to me has it for $6 or something like that. The 3 copies I got totalled just under $4 after the coupon. Theres plenty cause its marked $19.99 along with BG&E, XIII, etc

[quote name='CouRageouS']Castlevania was $11.98 at another TRU. The one closest to me has it for $6 or something like that. The 3 copies I got totalled just under $4 after the coupon. Theres plenty cause its marked $19.99 along with BG&E, XIII, etc[/quote]

Yeah, I hate the YMMV aspect of this . . . still $10 isn't bad.

Do you want a copy of Xenosaga not GH . . . they are real cheap by me . . . even with $2.00 shipping, I'd be ahead vs. the $10 I paid (I could always return the expensive one).

Just got back from TRU at Stonebriar in North Dallas. They have a bunch of good games still. I got

Arc the Lad (2 copies)
Fatal Frame 2
RType Final
Rygar
XIII
Beyond Good and Evil
Sphinx

all for $15. I had to get the extra copy of Arc to make it come out even. I could have gotten a bunch of copies of XIII and Arc for free (both under $5) but I wanted to leave some for other ppl.

bread's done
Back