Toys R Us Fri/Sat Sale - Buy Games, Get Gift Cards

DetroitSportsFan

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to add that there is a 50% sale on clearance games again tomorrow per the flyer. Not sure if it's all clearance games, but apparently it's the same sale as on Wednesday which is probably why clearance is excluded from the gift card deal.

[quote name='bojay1997']You might want to add that there is a 50% sale on clearance games again tomorrow per the flyer. Not sure if it's all clearance games, but apparently it's the same sale as on Wednesday which is probably why clearance is excluded from the gift card deal.[/QUOTE]

Clearance games are not on sale. It's just stating that clearance games are 50% off original prices.

[quote name='prim4444']Clearance games are not on sale. It's just stating that clearance games are 50% off original prices.[/QUOTE]

I know you said that on Wednesday, but several people posted that their experience was that stores went ahead and gave them 50% off and that it was automatic, not manual. I tried scanning some games on Wednesday, but no discount was shown, but I didn't have them total it either. I tend to believe the people that posted in the Wednesday thread as the ad literally says all clearance games are at least 50% off original price. Many clearance games are currently only 30% or so off MSRP if you just go through the list on the website, with some less than 10% off of MSRP for a bunch of the DS games. For example, Metro 2033 is $49.98 right now which is only 20% below MSRP. There are tons of other examples, so whether it's manual or automatic, there will be additional savings on clearance unless Toys R Us is engaged in completely false advertising.

That's sneaky that they make it $20 instead of $19.99.
Usually if it ain't $19.99, the next level of pricing will be $29.99 (sometimes $24.99 but very rare).

I'd rather get the money off, but if you want to use the cards as gifts or if you need other things there I guess this is a good sale.

FREE $25GiFT CaRD
when you buy ANY TWO
video games priced $20.00 - 39.99

Hmmm, anyone know any good 20.00+ games?

Good as b1g1 for 20+ games.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I thought this was part of this week's ad[/QUOTE]

Nope, this is a new promotion. The weekly ad had a couple of gift card giveaways, but you had to buy very specific titles on very specific platforms. This new promo is any game on any platform that fits the price criteria. It does make me wonder if there is potential for a gift card deal stack with certain titles, however.

thanks op. I need to buy a game that toysrus doesn't carry for an xmas gift so I am going to try to pricematch this at Bestbuy.

[quote name='ftlee']Will this work on Xbox Live Subscriptions?[/QUOTE]
No, only on video games

[quote name='Capocci 007']does this work on games listed at $19.99? If not the deal is awful and they do that on purpose by making it $20.[/QUOTE]

You get a $5 gift card if you buy a $19.99 game.

nice deal but every single time they have a great sale I find myself driving to 3 different toys r us's to find something that I want.

[quote name='StrikeZero']Does Toysrus sell Gran Turismo 5? I just see Prologue on their website.[/QUOTE]

Every now and then, they get some new releases much later than everyone else... but with major releases, they usually have them day one. It might just be the website... their website sucks.

i went last week when they had this.

didnt work for any games i wanted(had golden sun, mega man zero collect, and both pokemon DS remakes).

guy told me the deal is only on *hands me a list*.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']i went last week when they had this.

didnt work for any games i wanted(had golden sun, mega man zero collect, and both pokemon DS remakes).

guy told me the deal is only on *hands me a list*.[/QUOTE]

The normal weekly sale only applied to certain games (it helps to actually read the ad and/or signage in the store, the columns of text on the signage? Yeah, that's there for a reason. The ad itself even states that you get a gift card when buying one or two of THESE games meaning the ones depicted on the ad -_-), but this two day sale seems to cover ALL games within the price range stipulated.

This advertisement is misleading as "FREE $25GiFT CaRD when you buy ANY TWO video games priced $20.00 - 39.99" does not apply to 360 or PS3 games. Inside the store they have lists of exacts items that the deals are good for but you will have to travel there to actually see the list.

[quote name='IBeMark']This advertisement is misleading as "FREE $25GiFT CaRD when you buy ANY TWO video games priced $20.00 - 39.99" does not apply to 360 or PS3 games. Inside the store they have lists of exacts items that the deals are good for but you will have to travel there to actually see the list.[/QUOTE] at the TRU I just left, there were other smaller signs that clarified that it was for all games in those price ranges. My $25 gc rang up automatically

If you want to make the most out of this sale, buying 2 games at $24.99 (or $29.99 if they don't have it less) and getting 25GC is the way to go.

2 games at $24.99 + 25GC = 50% savings

2 games at $29.99 + 25GC = 42% savings

If you try and get the $49.99 and up for the 40GC.

2 games at $49.99 + 40GC = 40% savings

2 games at $59.99 + 40GC = 33% savings

[quote name='Jcaugustine']If you want to make the most out of this sale, buying 2 games at $24.99 (or $29.99 if they don't have it less) and getting 25GC is the way to go.

2 games at $24.99 + 25GC = 50% savings

2 games at $29.99 + 25GC = 42% savings

If you try and get the $49.99 and up for the 40GC.

2 games at $49.99 + 40GC = 40% savings

2 games at $59.99 + 40GC = 33% savings[/QUOTE]

Ayayay...sorry but it's a pet peeve of mine when people post miscalculations like that. You're mindset is that the free $XX giftcard is applied against your original outlay or purchase price...it's not.

Thus, the correct percentages are 33% savings ($50 spent to get $75 worth of goods)...29.5%...28.5%...and 25% savings.

[quote name='IBeMark']This advertisement is misleading as "FREE $25GiFT CaRD when you buy ANY TWO video games priced $20.00 - 39.99" does not apply to 360 or PS3 games. Inside the store they have lists of exacts items that the deals are good for but you will have to travel there to actually see the list.[/QUOTE]
Really? Thanks, you just saved me a trip. more tru bs as usual.

I went today; was told that the 2 games $49.99 or more for 1 $40 giftcard doesn't apply to games that come with bonus items - ie - I tried to buy NBA Jam and COD:BO for Wii - the COD game came with a free Wii headset (24.99 value); when the games were rung up, the system would only issue me a $20 GC - the manager came over and "confirmed" that because the COD game came with a bonus, I couldn't combine two special offers, so I had to choose between the $40 GC or the free $25 headset and a $20 GC, which is BS, because the ad/email tat I received didn't contain that type of exclusion - I ended up just leaving and not buying anything.

[quote name='Newl']Really? Thanks, you just saved me a trip. more tru bs as usual.[/QUOTE]

No he didn't. It's a separate promotion. That one was last week.

[quote name='karkyco']Ayayay...sorry but it's a pet peeve of mine when people post miscalculations like that. You're mindset is that the free $XX giftcard is applied against your original outlay or purchase price...it's not.

Thus, the correct percentages are 33% savings ($50 spent to get $75 worth of goods)...29.5%...28.5%...and 25% savings.[/QUOTE]

Lets just say its a b1g1 when you are rolling GC's ;)

as I'm sure many CAG's have them

[quote name='miriamleo']That's sneaky that they make it $20 instead of $19.99.
Usually if it ain't $19.99, the next level of pricing will be $29.99 (sometimes $24.99 but very rare).[/QUOTE]

TRU pulls this kind of thing all the time. Really have to pay attention to their deals.

That said, the $40 GC thing is pretty sick.

[quote name='karkyco']Ayayay...sorry but it's a pet peeve of mine when people post miscalculations like that. You're mindset is that the free $XX giftcard is applied against your original outlay or purchase price...it's not.

Thus, the correct percentages are 33% savings ($50 spent to get $75 worth of goods)...29.5%...28.5%...and 25% savings.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, where in the heck are you gonna get a game for $24.99? I'm not aware of any.

[quote name='JamesS77']I went today; was told that the 2 games $49.99 or more for 1 $40 giftcard doesn't apply to games that come with bonus items - ie - I tried to buy NBA Jam and COD:BO for Wii - the COD game came with a free Wii headset (24.99 value); when the games were rung up, the system would only issue me a $20 GC - the manager came over and "confirmed" that because the COD game came with a bonus, I couldn't combine two special offers, so I had to choose between the $40 GC or the free $25 headset and a $20 GC, which is BS, because the ad/email tat I received didn't contain that type of exclusion - I ended up just leaving and not buying anything.[/QUOTE]

The signage on the GC ad says it can't be combined with other offers. I think that was in the e-mail too.

[quote name='UnrealZero']i went there and they said you can only get the ones on the list.[/QUOTE]

Did you go there any time BEFORE Friday? Because if so that's why, the normal weekly ad only stipulated certain titles the Fri-Sat. ad is for ALL titles considering gift card stipulations based price ranges/points, otherwise you were misinformed and should have inquired about it to a manager or supervisor.

[quote name='KingPK']The signage on the GC ad says it can't be combined with other offers. I think that was in the e-mail too.[/QUOTE]

This, too. Read the ads guys, some of you are missing out on a sale or complaining about it because you're misinterpreting the information that is printed clear as day.

Unless I'm missing something, this is what the fine print on the email ad says (this is for the Friday/Saturday Ad):

In store only. Excludes all Clearance and value 19.99 video games. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 7/31/11, except where prohibited. Offer valid through 12/18/10. See card for Terms & Conditions

Can someone copy/post the part of the ad that they're seeing, which says that deals cannot be combined?

[quote name='sharingan501']Will Amazon price match this because the toysrus I went to has no selection of games?[/QUOTE]

no they will not since today is the last day and there is nothing on amazon....

our toys r us sucks too nothing worth buying in the psp/ds section

doees anyone who went in store have a list of the particular titles that qualify for the $49.99 and up gift cards.

Also can anyone wonder why on the toysrus website why there are 2 different prices for micheal jackson on the wii 1 for $49.99 and the other for $34.99 The 34.99 doesnt say pre-owned next to it so I thinking of ordering it cuz my niece wants it and i got a $25 gc so i can get it for $10 if it's new.

Thanks.

[quote name='boogie4114']doees anyone who went in store have a list of the particular titles that qualify for the $49.99 and up gift cards.[/QUOTE]
There is no list anymore. The was for Sun-Thurs, but since yesterday the deal works on all games in the specified price ranges.

One thing to mention is that the deal will get wonked if you mix 2 deals, such as the free DK Country Returns guide when you buy the game or the free Wii headset when you buy CoD BO for Wii. In those cases, the register will still prompt to give you a gift card, but only a $10 one, even if you're buying another $49.99 or $59.99 game. It will then give you a $10 for each, or a $20.

You may be able to get a cashier/manager nice enough to override it for you so that you get both promos (as I did a couple times today) but they may be pretty strict about the "not valid with other offers" even if that fine print isn't on these particular signs. I did that today, too lol. So just be nice if you're trying to get both deals.

I went back to TRU tonight, and they must have updated their system to allow promo games to qualify for the $40 GC; I ended up buying NBA Jam and COD: BO (with a free $24.99 headset) for $100, and received the $40 GC; that plus the $10 in loyalty rewards (10% back on purchases) will equal a $50 credit =)

bread's done
Back