Toys R Us has insultingly high shipping charges, and I feel like bitching about it

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I refuse to buy a damn thing from TRU's website until a free shipping code comes out. They tend to charge upwards of $10 per item for shipping (usually between 7 and 9 dollars), even for video games or very small toys which should, in theory, weigh less and be less expensive to ship. Hell, even there salt-in-the-wound "it's free shipping if you spend $75 or more!" policy doesn't include video games, likely because they are so popular. I constantly have gaming as well as non-game related items in my TRU cart and end up not checking out because of the atrocious shipping charges. If they don't have it available in a store somewhere near me, i'd rather not buy it that have over $10 for shipping+tax. When a total cost of what i'm buying is $39, it is nothing more than profit gouging for the final total to be over $50. This is what I just saw happen on their website, and why I didn't check out, and why I decided to come here to bitch about it. I have bitched about GoHastings shipping before, but Hastings at least puts out a free shipping code form time to time. And even when they don't, what TRU charges makes Hastings look like free Amazon Prime. I still buy from Hastings. I've learned to stomach $3 per item. But nearly $10? What the fuck. I may check to see if what I was looking at is in stock around me (I would always rather pay for gas than shipping and get it sooner--especially in cases where the gas is likely less expensive), or I may not. I'm quite turned off to TRU atm. I hate their kick in the nuts shipping charges, I hate that they discriminate against gamers (even though this time it was a non game purchase), and I hate that they have no free shipping code. TRU, take the $3-$5 profit you make on each shipped item and shove it up your CEO's Armani clad ass.

VanDerCry.gif

If you don't like the policies of a retailer, don't shop there and your problems will be solved.

Just because Amazon gives you 'free' two day shipping with Prime(which you have to pay $80 in CASH to get each year:roll:) doesn't mean that other places should do it completely free. You have manpower, packing materials and shipping costs to take into consideration. Not to mention the actual weight of an order, which can make some shipping charges vary wildly.

Last year around the holiday season, I deal came out on Living Social I think it was, for a free year of ShopRunner. If you like shopping on TRU's website, Id keep an eye out to see if a deal like that rolls around. If you aren't familiar with ShopRunner, it gives you free 2 days shipping at a bunch of sites, cant remember all of em off hand. But I mainly got it for shopping at TRU.com.

For the person who brought up prime...I don't have prime. I won't pay for it. But Amazon still trumps TRU because free shipping at Amazon requires $25 while free shipping at TRU requires $75 and doesn't include games. Also, rofl at the Dawson's creek picture.

C'mon dude, Hastings is $2.28 a game. That's not $3.

As I tried to explain to you in the Hastings thread, you have to take shipping costs into consideration with your total price per game. That's why many purchases from Hastings actually are deals, because its still cheapest even with their individual item shipping charges.

However, you are right that TRU's online shipping cost for video games is absurd. And shoprunner doesn't seem to ship a lot of their video game items, so all of those free shoprunner accounts are useless for TRU video games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you don't like the policies of a retailer, don't shop there and your problems will be solved.[/QUOTE]
I'm amazed TRU is still around the way they treat customers. I swore them off over a year ago after some dickhead manager tried to give me the run-around on a legitimate deal because their POS (piece of shit, for reals) system is so outdated it couldn't handle so many promotions. Told me that I got lucky it even allowed two promotions on the deal. Uh, if it's advertised in your own paper retard, then it's not my problem: it's yours.

TRU is abysmal on customer service, and in the stores they charge more than everyone else for the same items. Their store is about equal to Kmart in terms of layout, cleanliness and customer service which isn't saying much. Heck their stores are even styled similar to Kmart with dirty floors and dim lighting. They only have a couple registers, and usually only one is open, this can cause lines to form quickly on busier days, and makes BF shopping there an absolute nightmare (its just not worth it!). They charge more than retail price on some items, just because they assume soccer moms come in with money in hand waiting to buy from them. I would just go buy my items at Amazon, especially if I had over $25 worth of stuff to buy, unless Amazon doesn't have the items. With $10 shipping per game, it would be cheaper to buy an extra game to get over the $25 limit at amazon then sell it later on.

It is a toy store, they have to expect parents and kids as customers, I would expect them to cater to kids and parents who buy toys a bit better than they actually do. Just because they are a toy store doesn't give them an excuse to fleece everyone that comes in the door with much higher than normal retail prices.

The only reason to shop at TRU is if you are looking for a sale item or things on clearance.

I have the free shoprunner membership, I think I used it twice to get things from drugstore.com, simply because most items I want to buy do not offer it as an option. Drugstore.com has free shipping over $25 anyways at most times, and my orders are almost never under that anyways.

[quote name='SaraAB']TRU is abysmal on customer service, and in the stores they charge more than everyone else for the same items. Their store is about equal to Kmart in terms of layout, cleanliness and customer service which isn't saying much. Heck their stores are even styled similar to Kmart with dirty floors and dim lighting. They only have a couple registers, and usually only one is open, this can cause lines to form quickly on busier days, and makes BF shopping there an absolute nightmare (its just not worth it!). They charge more than retail price on some items, just because they assume soccer moms come in with money in hand waiting to buy from them. I would just go buy my items at Amazon, especially if I had over $25 worth of stuff to buy, unless Amazon doesn't have the items. With $10 shipping per game, it would be cheaper to buy an extra game to get over the $25 limit at amazon then sell it later on.

It is a toy store, they have to expect parents and kids as customers, I would expect them to cater to kids and parents who buy toys a bit better than they actually do. Just because they are a toy store doesn't give them an excuse to fleece everyone that comes in the door with much higher than normal retail prices.

The only reason to shop at TRU is if you are looking for a sale item or things on clearance.

I have the free shoprunner membership, I think I used it twice to get things from drugstore.com, simply because most items I want to buy do not offer it as an option. Drugstore.com has free shipping over $25 anyways at most times, and my orders are almost never under that anyways.[/QUOTE]

What she said in red. You shouldn't even be using the site/store if its not for that reason. Or unless its only exclusive to TRU.

I have Shoprunner (Free year from last October). It's gotten to the point where I'm completely surprised when I see it available on TRU.com. I picked up a NERF Marauder Sword (the ginormous one Product Dimensions: 40.8 x 8.2 x 2.2 inches ) on clearance for $15 and it was eligible, but a LEGO Atlantis Treasure game (also on clearance) was not? So strange.

My only suggestion to the OP is to browse TRU.com and then check eBay or Amazon for the item. Not only do other sellers offer the same things for less almost every time, but TRU.com is also a featured seller on eBay. There's really no such thing as "store exclusive" anymore when dealing with the internet.

bread's done
Back