Toys R Us Nov 2nd and 3rd Doorbusters - AC III $47.99 and More

JerikoHusky

CAGiversary!
All day both days for these deals. Sale is available on both xbox and ps3 versions. Sale prices are based on current in store prices.

Xbox 360 4gb w/ Kinect 249.99 FREE $25 gift card

• Final Fantasy 13-2 $9.99
  • Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
  • Batman Arkham City $14.99
  • NFS The Run $9.99
  • Battlefield 3 $19.99
  • Assassins Creed 3 $47.99

[quote name='prim4444']Yes, by me... is that good enough?[/QUOTE]

should be MORE than good enough if any cagers follow any TRU thread here. :cool:
prim4444 is a great TRU inside 'mole' :lol:

[quote name='Scoutisabelle']Does the $14.99 Batman: Arkham City include the GOY edition, or is it just the regular version?[/QUOTE]

Regular I believe, I will confirm the next time I go in.

FFXIII-2 will be mine! I doubt Best Buy will PM the game+book edition so I'll just settle for the regular game. I need to add it to my Final Fantasy collection

[quote name='Josh5890']FFXIII-2 will be mine! I doubt Best Buy will PM the game+book edition so I'll just settle for the regular game. I need to add it to my Final Fantasy collection[/QUOTE]

They should. It's the same UPC code for it, it may even be the same SKU. It was a free item with purchase, so I would try for it. Unless you mean the CE which won't work.

[quote name='rjejr']It's going to be very hard not to buy a Kinect bundle this holiday. My wife is going to kill me if I open it before it gets under the tree.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it. You will regret it the kinect is a great idea with no good applications.
Just dance is an okay game but you cant just get up and dance alone. Kinect sports is okay not worth the price though. I love motion games and getting aggressive with it but its not worth your money. I even tried Mass Effect 3 with speech commands Awesome idea but try memorizing all of the commands and waiting fro the door to open after you say open; not as cool as you'd think. I kept going back to my controller. I bought kinect adventures for .99 and I wholesomely regret it almost returned it but I'm a sucker for cases and I love that purple.
Don't buy a kinect bundle unless it is the same price as a kinect-less bundle other wise it's not worth your money.
I bought my kinect for 15 dollars and I am not satisfied I wish I traded it in when the value was high.
The kinect sure has potential but it has not given any fruit. The kinect seems to be a testing ground with great ideas but low success rates (DBZ fro kinect sounds like a great time but came out more than lacking).

Does Best Buy PM if I buy the Limited Edition of AC III? Being a fanatic, I want the LE, but would they drop the price by $10 or so if other stores only have the vanilla edition on sale? Though it's probably not likely, it would be great if they did, seeing as how the LE is double the price, it'd only be fair!

[quote name='Chocoburger']Does Best Buy PM if I buy the Limited Edition of AC III? Being a fanatic, I want the LE, but would they drop the price by $10 or so if other stores only have the vanilla edition on sale? Though it's probably not likely, it would be great if they did, seeing as how the LE is double the price, it'd only be fair![/QUOTE]

Yeah....no

You are paying twice as much because it has way more content not because you are being forced to, you get what you pay for. If the base game goes on sale that is not the same thing as the bigger edition being less because it also ncludes the game. Remember the store has to buy the game before they sell it to you. As such they won't price match an item, that is different. That's like me trying to get the new PS3 bundle for less just because UC3 GotY drops in price.

$20 back on AC3 AND a price match in 4 days? Needless to say, I'm in for that. Hopefully Best Buy will PM Lollipop Chainsaw too, for 20 bucks I'd finally pick it up and give it a go.

I already got lollipop chainsaw fr $20 from BB with last months @gamer coupon the last week the coupons were still good. I wouldn't mind FF XIII-2 I might bite on that somebody remind me when this sale goes active.

[quote name='plus1zero']No but I might as well be, as much as I use the @Gamer mag. I never thought I'd end up using the coupons...and each month I always do :S I already have the game preordered from them just to get the steelbook back when they had them, but I lost my receipt.[/QUOTE]

i don't think the ps3 will dip under 200 with all the bonus items this holiday season

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I already got lollipop chainsaw fr $20 from BB with last months @gamer coupon the last week the coupons were still good. I wouldn't mind FF XIII-2 I might bite on that somebody remind me when this sale goes active.[/QUOTE]Keep this topic open in a separate tab; that's what I'm doing. ;)

I'm not sure if anyone's commented on it yet, but the Arkham City price could be better. BF3, too, I think, especially since both were released in October of last year while FFXIII-2 was released in January/February of this year. In spite of supply/demand dynamics, you would think with content superior versions of BF3 and AC, they'd want to get rid of the regular ones.

[quote name='not2worried']Is there a limit? Would like to get BF3 for me and the neighbor.[/QUOTE]

No limit that I know of and even if there was, just do separate transactions.

That's my price for Lollipop Chainsaw.

AC3 for $47.99 actually matches NewEgg's current $12 off pre-order deal.

[quote name='morrodox']That's my price for Lollipop Chainsaw.

AC3 for $47.99 actually matches NewEgg's current $12 off pre-order deal.[/QUOTE]

If you dont have to pay tax for Newegg (most people dont), you'll save $1-3...so cheaper :p

[quote name='aircobra']Because some people would rather get it at BB. $20 rz cert and PMing TRU is the better deal.[/QUOTE]

I was comparing it to the TRus deal posted here......not BB.
icon_rolleyes.gif

[quote name='aircobra']Because some people would rather get it at BB. $20 rz cert and PMing TRU is the better deal.[/QUOTE]

You mean a $20 RZ cert plus $12 off the game is a better deal then $12 off the game?!?!?

Definitely in for a price match at BestBuy for AC: 3. Though I'm going to sign up for Rewards Unlocked ($15), I'm going to use that $20 credit on Black Friday.

I'll still be spending $60+ but its worth it.

If anything and I change my mind, I'm going to get AC: 3 on Black Friday for $30 from BB anyways. We all know it'll be that price too considering last years deals.

[quote name='Desousa93']Anyone know when this add will be printed? I'm looking for something not videogame related.[/QUOTE]

Not to sure of this, however you can drop me a message if you want and I will (try to remember) look into what you need.

[quote name='Mateo66']Dumb question but is this online as well?[/QUOTE]

Online normal does their cyber sales Monday or they may also do this sale at 12am which is sometimes advertised. Currently I only know of the physical sales, the new ads do give "web numbers" for each item listed tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Semi off-topic question regarding Best Buy's price matching policy?
I'm posting this here cause others have similar questions regarding this (originally posted in Best Buy Price Matching thread).
And also because of the up-coming Assassin's Creed III, free steelbook with preorder bonus.

I remember pre-ordering Prototype 2 (standard edition) for the free steelbook and poster. Within less than a month it was advertised for $20 less. I went to price match the difference and the employee denied me and claimed it was considered "double dipping".

The problem was that the free steelbook would ring up as a $60 value and be deducted upon purchase of the game. So the employee considered this "double dipping" since I was already getting a $60 value item for free and wanting $20 off the original game purchase. I got a manager to look into it and the manager sided with the employee stating the same argument.

Anyone else had similar problems with the new preorder bonus value item causing price matching problem? I see others having no problem price matching other games with bonuses so I ask.

Should I have just come back another day and try with a different set of employees or have used their phone customer support?

AC3 already is $47.99 with NewEgg's pre-order codes. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit that level within a few weeks of Halo & Black Ops 2 coming out.

But AC3 is going to be huge this year, can we really expect it to be under $40 for Black Friday? It seems like it's going to be too popular to drop like the last 2 games have.

[quote name='masterd919']AC3 already is $47.99 with NewEgg's pre-order codes. I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit that level within a few weeks of Halo & Black Ops 2 coming out.

But AC3 is going to be huge this year, can we really expect it to be under $40 for Black Friday? It seems like it's going to be too popular to drop like the last 2 games have.[/QUOTE]

So was Gears of War 3, Deus Ex, Black Ops, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations which were all released about 3 - 5 weeks before and cost $28 - $35 on Black Friday.

This year will be no different.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'd just wait to PM Ass Creed until Black Friday weekend since places will probably have it for $39.99 or less.[/QUOTE]
This is a troll post right?

[quote name='9999']Semi off-topic question regarding Best Buy's price matching policy?
I'm posting this here cause others have similar questions regarding this (originally posted in Best Buy Price Matching thread).
And also because of the up-coming Assassin's Creed III, free steelbook with preorder bonus.

I remember pre-ordering Prototype 2 (standard edition) for the free steelbook and poster. Within less than a month it was advertised for $20 less. I went to price match the difference and the employee denied me and claimed it was considered "double dipping".

The problem was that the free steelbook would ring up as a $60 value and be deducted upon purchase of the game. So the employee considered this "double dipping" since I was already getting a $60 value item for free and wanting $20 off the original game purchase. I got a manager to look into it and the manager sided with the employee stating the same argument.

Anyone else had similar problems with the new preorder bonus value item causing price matching problem? I see others having no problem price matching other games with bonuses so I ask.

Should I have just come back another day and try with a different set of employees or have used their phone customer support?[/QUOTE]

That is bullshit I would have called corporate went on yelp and maybe took a shit on the entrance door. This is a policy a written agreement of them that you can price match what you bought. This bullshit is as bad as the horror stories you hear about Gamestop. I would have flipped my shit. They give you something for free and guarantee that you can price match the item. For them to go back on that is just wrong.
I honestly recommend going to the next closest bestbuy and calling corporate no matter. If corporate does not help you go to the better business bureau.

[quote name='Desousa93']That is bullshit I would have called corporate went on yelp and maybe took a shit on the entrance door. This is a policy a written agreement of them that you can price match what you bought. This bullshit is as bad as the horror stories you hear about Gamestop. I would have flipped my shit. They give you something for free and guarantee that you can price match the item. For them to go back on that is just wrong.
I honestly recommend going to the next closest bestbuy and calling corporate no matter. If corporate does not help you go to the better business bureau.[/QUOTE]

You should have been able to get a price match because nowhere does the price matching policy state that items that have a gift with purchase are excluded from the 30 days price match guarentee

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was too busy that week I tried to do the price match so I didn't have time to push further with it. That was the first time I actually got denied a price match at Best Buy so it came as a shock to me.

I'll see how the AC III one goes.

So how does the Price Match work in the case of BBY's AC3 and the 20 dollar credit? Forget whether I can PM a door buster for now, but if I were to PM TRU's deal, would I still be granted that 20 dollar credit? Or is what BBY would do is do a return/rebuy and pretty much removing that 20 dollar credit?

[quote name='Kanokare']So how does the Price Match work in the case of BBY's AC3 and the 20 dollar credit? Forget whether I can PM a door buster for now, but if I were to PM TRU's deal, would I still be granted that 20 dollar credit? Or is what BBY would do is do a return/rebuy and pretty much removing that 20 dollar credit?[/QUOTE]

Yes you'll be eligible

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

"
If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.
"

The $20 credit from BB doesn't show on the receipt, it's just bonus RZ points that you get added to your account. So the receipt will just show the $60 price.

[quote name='SeanTM22']You should have been able to get a price match because nowhere does the price matching policy state that items that have a gift with purchase are excluded from the 30 days price match guarentee[/QUOTE]

I will assume you have just never read the PM policy along with the FAQ explaining the policy. Again just assuming you looked at the PM policy and didn't see that exact word "free with gift". It's classified under bundling (which is excluded) and is directly addressed in the FAQ.

From http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011 :

"
Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?
No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders"

That being said it has been said that all preorder bonuses are NOT a free with gift or bundled item (steelbooks, DLC etc).

[quote name='argyle']The $20 credit from BB doesn't show on the receipt, it's just bonus RZ points that you get added to your account. So the receipt will just show the $60 price.[/QUOTE]

This^^^

This is the exact reason I love this BBY deal and don't want it as a GC at time of purchase.

If its a GC then they deduct the GC amount from the game. In this case you wouldn't be able to PM it till it hit $40 or less

BUT Since it IS RZ points it means if the game hits $59.98 you can PM it to get a penny back as RZ points don't deduct from the price of the game.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Who thinks AC3 will be at least $45 on black Friday?[/QUOTE]

I do for sure. I really think 40$ is possible.

[quote name='OregonDealz']I do for sure. I really think 40$ is possible.[/QUOTE]

Well then I'm waiting for black friday and the holiday season!

bread's done
Back