Toys R Us Online Code FRIENDS20 (20% off order, includes PS4 and Xbox One games)

Number83

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Apply code FRIENDS20 for 20% off your entire order.  Works on XB1 and PS4 Pre-Order games.  Free Shipping too on select games. 

Deal is DEAD on the Pre-Orders

XBOX360: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906693

PS3: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906705

WiiU: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11902636

3DS: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11902678

PSVita: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=11906766

No Longer usable: 

Xbox One Games: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=22320146

PlayStation 4 Games: http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=22320536

EDIT: Grabbed Coupon image from Dealcatcher.  Hardware is excluded.

print_1379593775.gif

Double Secret Edit:  Also included in the TRU 1.0 Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/308996-tru-10-grand-theft-auto-v-offer-10-gift-card-free-rockstar-game-1999-and-under-10-credit-for-loyalty-members-919-921-friends-family/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf. Killzone is 59.99. But my subtotal is 64.98. Making it $56.16 after the promo, free shipping, and taxes. Anyone else having this issue?

Wtf. Killzone is 59.99. But my subtotal is 64.98. Making it $56.16 after the promo, free shipping, and taxes. Anyone else having this issue?
Same here Fifa 14 for PS3 comes out to $65. I'm guessing it doesn't qualify for free shipping. Does TRU take full preorders instore? In that case I could get 20% off, use my GTA5 $10 GC, AND get a $15 GC when I pick up my copy of Fifa 14...

Picked up COD, Battlefield & Watch Dogs for PS4 and Ryse, Dead Rising & Assassin's Creed for Xbone.

Also an extra controller for each system.

Saved $100 bucks.  Looks like I'm set for 2013.

This got me GTA 5 for $48 + tax, shipped - i figure it will probably be a little while until you see discounts for this, so I'm pleased. 

Picked up COD, Battlefield & Watch Dogs for PS4 and Ryse, Dead Rising & Assassin's Creed for Xbone.

Also an extra controller for each system.

Saved $100 bucks. Looks like I'm set for 2013.
Doesn't Assassin's Creed IV have exclusive content on PS4? Why the fuck would you buy the Xbone version then if you are also getting a PS4?

Show me the ToysRUs link and I'll buy it.
Oh shit, that's why. Okay, so the savings of ~$12 is worth the lack of additional content and worse framerate/graphics. I thought it was some weird agenda like you play with your Xbox Live buddies or some shit.

Oh shit, that's why. Okay, so the savings of ~$12 is worth the lack of additional content and worse framerate/graphics. I thought it was some weird agenda like you play with your Xbox Live buddies or some shit.
Playing a game with your friends is "some weird agenda?" WTF?

hmmm....strange.

i added the code but its not applying when im trying to order donkey kong and mario 3d world. anyone else getting this?

i tried it out on different browsers too

I wanted to get it for the PS4, but if I find out that the graphics are terribly worse, then I'll be returning it.

60 minutes of extra gameplay isn't worth $12 to me.

Playing a game with your friends is "some weird agenda?" WTF?
Maybe your friends should be playing only the good stuff, ya? I like how peoples' justification of Xbox Live Gold (or whatever the hell it's called now) is being able to chat with their friends while playing single player games. Pretty fuck stupid if you ask me, and fuels my hate of the current generation gamer.

EDIT: Geez CAG, auto-censor that stuff.

Alright, one more order. :)

Maybe your friends should be playing only the good stuff, ya? I like how peoples' justification of Xbox Live Gold (or whatever the hell it's called now) is being able to chat with their friends while playing single player games. Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me, and fuels my hate of the current generation gamer.
Who gives a shit what people like.

Who gives a shit what people like.
When that intrudes on what I like, it matters. That's probably why 90%+ of current-generation games were all shooters, a genre that I am mostly sick of, and I am sure most gamers with good taste will agree with me on that.

EDIT: And yes, I am quite aware of the two games that I purchased with this deal are shooters. It's practically the only genre around now.

When that intrudes on what I like, it matters. That's probably why 90%+ of current-generation games were all shooters, a genre that I am mostly sick of, and I am sure most gamers with good taste will agree with me on that.

EDIT: And yes, I am quite aware of the two games that I purchased with this deal are shooters. It's practically the only genre around now.
lol

Gold Jerry, gold!

How long is the typical TRU shipping? Can I expect it in a week after launch? Not that its a big deal personally, I bought Mario 3D World and a Link Between World but will be getting PS4 a week before anyway so.

on hold with tru cs now... trying to get several games through

EDIT : I just wasted 15 minutes of my life.  Although she was able to do a one time courtesy of 10%...ah no thanks.

Oh hell yes. Was hoping for some kind of sale on next gen titles before the consoles hit the market. Ordered Destiny, Titanfall, Ryse, Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, Assassins Creed IV, Dead Rising 3 and Need For Speed Rivals. Too bad no Forza 5 collectors edition. Gonna have to keep my Amazon pre order for that one. Saved $107.98 minus 25.92 for tax so the total amount saved was $82.06. Basically like getting a free game.

Well... it says not eligible for presell items. Maybe that's why...
Where does it say this? I was able to get Link BW + XB1 Controller a few hours back, had to pay $5 shipping though. If I tried to preorder at my store instead (no shipping + release day pick up) with the coupon would it not work now since both are a presell?

edit: Yup, tried on their website an XB1 controller and Sonic Lost Worlds on their own and together and all 3 times the code didn't work, looks like it is all presell items, not just PS4 and XB1. Glad I was able to order something out of it earlier, got my confirmation so hope there is no cancellation.

Good thing I'm not getting PS4/XB1, but I soooo want to do this on X and Y, knowing that I will probably end up getting both. And for ~$35 each it doesn't seem all that bad. I might as well get the new Zelda and a couple of other games. URUGHHH

Oh hell yes. Was hoping for some kind of sale on next gen titles before the consoles hit the market. Ordered Destiny, Titanfall, Ryse, Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, Assassins Creed IV, Dead Rising 3 and Need For Speed Rivals. Too bad no Forza 5 collectors edition. Gonna have to keep my Amazon pre order for that one. Saved $107.98 minus 25.92 for tax so the total amount saved was $82.06. Basically like getting a free game.
Buy 10 get 1 free. nice

not sure why so many CAGs saying this is great.  it's an okay promo if people missed out on Newegg preorders or don't want to pay more upfront for some of the $X back in GC etc from other places. 

25% off (applied towards msrp+tax) is usually my baseline for buying around release.

Getting 20% off on Wind Waker HD however might be best discount for a while. 

Buy 10 get 1 free. nice
By technicality it would be buy 5 get 1 free, not mindblowing when said that way. However, getting 20% off an item without any additional purchase, especially an item that will be full retail at launch is a great bonus.

I'm happy at around 45-48 on release day, that's my purchase point.  If I don't like the game, I can still trade it in for 40 bucks and only have paid a few bucks for it in the end.

Damn. Got excited. Was all ready to in store pick up for a Wind Waker Bundler, but then saw the no hardware. Oh well. Another year without shopping at Toys R Us.

not sure why so many CAGs saying this is great. it's an okay promo if people missed out on Newegg preorders or don't want to pay more upfront for some of the $X back in GC etc from other places.

25% off (applied towards msrp+tax) is usually my baseline for buying around release.

Neweggs preorders promos haven't been as great as they were last year. I preordered Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze from them with a promo and it was going to be $52.99. But then Nintendo announced the MSRP was $49.99 and they have yet to adjust the price (and i've heard about past situations that they never did). I'm getting it for $43.29 from Toys R Us.

I am however still enjoying the benefits from Newegg from last year when I had GTA V and Beyond Two Souls preordered for $47.99 free ship no tax.

not sure why so many CAGs saying this is great. it's an okay promo if people missed out on Newegg preorders or don't want to pay more upfront for some of the $X back in GC etc from other places.

Its very simple. I already had every game pre-ordered from Amazon at full price. Along comes this deal and suddenly I am getting every game for 20% off instead of full price. Basically saved 80.00, which is basically a free game + a 20.00 dollar bill. If you cant understand that is a good deal for someone that was, before this deal, paying full price then I am not sure what else to tell you. It's not rocket science.

When does the free shipping thing kick-in in the total price? Trying to get 3 3DS games for over $79 to qualify for free shipping yet it doesn't show it as I'm going through the payment page.

Not working on preorders for ps4 games anymore
Well, SD caught on yesterday afternoon so it doesn't surprise me because they advertised it as a PS4/XBO game pre order deal on their front page. All of my 6 pre orders are still in effect. Will wait a few weeks before I cancel my Wii U Sonic/Zelda HD pre orders (on Amazon) just to see if they are will bail on all of us in the end. I'm guessing if they had a queue they hit it, or they killed the deal early.

I pre ordered Call of Doody: Ghosts (PS4) yesterday and got a confirmation soon after. Even if it goes through, I didn't cancel my pre order of Watch Dogs over at Amazon because I want one of the titles to ship quickly (and I haven't had any earlier experience with TRU and shipping).

bread's done
Back