Toy's R Us to stop carrying M rated games

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
And guys, I seriously doubt TRU is making tons of cash on new games anyway. [/QUOTE]

I agree. As another poster mentioned earlier, this decision was (hopefully) not something made on a whim. Any half-assed company would analyze any negative effects a love like this would have. If Toys R Us was really going to lose a ton of money by dropping M-rated titles they likely won't do it.

What I'm curious about is how much longer Toys R Us will even bother carrying games. At my local store the electronics/game department is pretty bare, with the vast majority of their available titles being budget games or Greatest/Platinum Hits that have been available for years. In terms of newer titles, they maybe have about 100 copies total of newer games covering all the platforms behind glass. Their selection is horrible.

Granted, this store is fairly small, but even before I left Charlotte the Toys R Us there was shrinking its game selection and it's in a huge shopping area.

I wonder if this news regarding M-rated titles is just the beginning of a potential withdraw from selling games in general.

[quote name='captainfrizo']What I'm curious about is how much longer Toys R Us will even bother carrying games. At my local store the electronics/game department is pretty bare, with the vast majority of their available titles being budget games or Greatest/Platinum Hits that have been available for years. In terms of newer titles, they maybe have about 100 copies total of newer games covering all the platforms behind glass. Their selection is horrible.

I wonder if this news regarding M-rated titles is just the beginning of a potential withdraw from selling games in general.[/quote]

Heck, KBToys is pretty much selling only Nintendo games and systems (which generally have less M-Rated titles compared to the other systems). I think that speaks volumes.

bread's done
Back