Toys R Us Weekly Ad for August 19- 25 2012

detectiveconan16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
Best deal is obviously buy New Super Mario Bros. 2 ($40) get 1 Nintendo Ds/3DS/Wii game 70% off that costs $20 or less. Thanks Prim4444!!

Free Nintendo 3DS Stereo & Chat headset ($30) when you buy the $200 3DS XL

Buy any Starter Skylanders Pack get a Legendary 3 Pack and Trigger Happy Figure ($35 value)
Xbox 360 Starter Pack is $70
25% off all Skylanders Single Character Packs

Free $50 Gift Card with purchase of $300 32GB iPod Touch.
20% off all game controllers for iPod touch
20% off all games for iPad

Krappy Kurio Tablet $200

$100 LeapFrog LeapPad 2 Explorer

Buy any backpack at $13 or more, get a free lunch kit (worth $10)

Buy 1 get 2 free Crayola markers or crayons.

Buy $40 worth of Hunger Games stuff, get a $10 gift card.
Hunger Games 2 Disc DVD with Digital Copy $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've been thinking about all those reprinted in red game case DS games. I don't have a 3DS yet.

I've been thinking about getting a 3DS XL, but the whole the "top screen scratches the bottom screen" has me concerned about investing $200 in one. Thanks for posting.

I think i'll go here for NSMB2. Pick up Mario Tennis for cheap. It's the only other 3DS game I might want and at 70% off is the right price.

Can the other Nintendo game cost more? Like NSMB and Last Story?

Yeah, that "Nintendo Console game" part seems weird. The only thing that makes sense to me is any console. Otherwise it would just say "Wii" game as Gamecube games are long gone and WiiU games aren't out yet. Or the emphasis should be on "Nintedno" and not "console' meaning it has to be a Nintnedo game for any of their systems, not any game for a Nintedno system. I need 2 of the NSMB2 games so my 2 kids can play together, would pick them right up for 70% off 1.

OK, post above me posted when I refreshed. 70% off

Actually, this pretty much shifts my NSMB2 purchase to TRU easily. I was already eyeing Fortune Street for $20 from GameFly, but this'll make it around $15 brand new. Worst case scenario, that's sold out and I pick up Return to Dreamland.

Works for me.

Edit - Shit, I only just now caught the possibility of it needing to be less than $20. That still leaves Pikmin 2, but still.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']

Buy any backpack at $13 or more, get a free lunch kit (worth $10)

Buy 1 get 2 free Crayola markers or crayons.
[/QUOTE]

Did you really had to post that? :p

Op, is there any mention of the new release Disney Blus in the add? I'm looking for Aristocats, Rescuers, and Pocahontas... Trying to see if I should keep my preorders on Amazon or give TRU my money.

Might have to try and get Best Buy to match the Mario deal...

[quote name='sdcranford']Will try to PM the NSMB2 deal at Best Buy. I hate giving Toys R Us my $$. Thanks OP for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

So one evil corporation is getting your money over the other evil corporation? Who cares, go with the cheapest DEAL FOR YOU!

[quote name='Hiro0015']Op, is there any mention of the new release Disney Blus in the add? I'm looking for Aristocats, Rescuers, and Pocahontas... Trying to see if I should keep my preorders on Amazon or give TRU my money.

Might have to try and get Best Buy to match the Mario deal...[/QUOTE]

Do those come out soon? (I'll need to look this up, my fiancee will kill me if I miss Pocahontas for sure... and probably Aristocats.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Do those come out soon? (I'll need to look this up, my fiancee will kill me if I miss Pocahontas for sure... and probably Aristocats.[/QUOTE]

They come out this week =D

Guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to see but I'm concerned about the 'any Nintendo console' since...there's only 1 Nintendo console.

of course this has been brought up already

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yeah, I've been thinking about all those reprinted in red game case DS games. I don't have a 3DS yet.

I've been thinking about getting a 3DS XL, but the whole the "top screen scratches the bottom screen" has me concerned about investing $200 in one. Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of that before.

I wanted one for a wile but:

1) I loathe the gimmick of 3D
2) I know Nintendo will make a revision every year
3) I want the white XL

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yeah, I've been thinking about all those reprinted in red game case DS games. I don't have a 3DS yet.

I've been thinking about getting a 3DS XL, but the whole the "top screen scratches the bottom screen" has me concerned about investing $200 in one. Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE]

Just cut/keep a soft screen cleaning cloth in the 3ds between the top and bottom screen. It is pretty much a mandatory move for 3DS owners.

[quote name='plebeianprint']Just cut/keep a soft screen cleaning cloth in the 3ds between the top and bottom screen. It is pretty much a mandatory move for 3DS owners.[/QUOTE]

I use the rubber nubs from my rrod 360. Just stick two of 'em to the top corners of the top screen and no problems.

I was told by a fellow co-worker that there was a BOGO 40% off on all games starting sunday. Now I don't know if he was mistaken for the New Super Mario Bros 2 sale, considering it is not in the post. But obviously it can't hurt to let people know of the possibility.

[quote name='doghair']Quoting from the Best Buy/Target thread:

Obviously, I like your deal better, but is there any indication that the 2nd game has to be $20 or less in the ad?[/QUOTE]

This was going off memory, I can double check tonight.

The deal on New Super Mario Bros 2 for the 3DS is a great deal since I wanted to buy two additional games, but I wonder if amazon will match this deal..also I found out that Frys has new super mario bros 2 for 29.99 would be great if I could get this deal plus the additional 70 percent off an additional game..the deal is good but sales tax for Cali kills all good deals so thats why I prefer buying from amazon

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Best deal is obviously buy New Super Mario Bros. 2 ($40) get 1 Nintendo Ds/3DS/Wii game 70% off
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='doghair']Quoting from the Best Buy/Target thread:

Obviously, I like your deal better, but is there any indication that the 2nd game has to be $20 or less in the ad?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rjejr']Yeah, that "Nintendo Console game" part seems weird. The only thing that makes sense to me is any console. Otherwise it would just say "Wii" game as Gamecube games are long gone and WiiU games aren't out yet. Or the emphasis should be on "Nintedno" and not "console' meaning it has to be a Nintnedo game for any of their systems, not any game for a Nintedno system. I need 2 of the NSMB2 games so my 2 kids can play together, would pick them right up for 70% off 1.

OK, post above me posted when I refreshed. 70% off

[quote name='prim4444'] They are not in the ad for next week.[/QUOTE]

DAMNIT they keep doing this =(

Thanks for responding =D

[quote name='Romeo']1) I loathe the gimmick of 3D[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way until playing SM3DW. It's unbelievable.

I still don't go out of my way to watch movies in 3D at the theater, and I'll never buy a 3D TV...but some 3DS games are pretty damn cool in 3D when done well.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']This was going off memory, I can double check tonight.[/QUOTE]

I checked last week and was pretty sure it's get any 19.99 or less Wii/3DS/DS game for 70% off. I hope I misread and it's any game....

If anyone has clarification on the 70 percent off after you buy new super mario bros 2 that would be great. If the 70 percent off is only for games that are less than 20 bucks I will pass on it since its not that good of a deal. Hoping its for ANY game

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']So can I buy NSMB 2 and get Kingdom Hearts DDD on 3DS for 70% off?[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I would like to know, than it would be a great deal(Also want to buy Kid Icarus)

[quote name='lakerfanalways']If anyone has clarification on the 70 percent off after you buy new super mario bros 2 that would be great. If the 70 percent off is only for games that are less than 20 bucks I will pass on it since its not that good of a deal. Hoping its for ANY game[/QUOTE]

There still isn't a better deal out there for NSMB2 this week, so why would you skip it?

[quote name='lakerfanalways']If anyone has clarification on the 70 percent off after you buy new super mario bros 2 that would be great. If the 70 percent off is only for games that are less than 20 bucks I will pass on it since its not that good of a deal. Hoping its for ANY game[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']So can I buy NSMB 2 and get Kingdom Hearts DDD on 3DS for 70% off?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lakerfanalways']Thats exactly what I would like to know, than it would be a great deal(Also want to buy Kid Icarus)[/QUOTE]

Already did

[quote name='prim4444']Just to confirm. The 2nd game does have to be $19.99 or less.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='heyheyhey11']why not just buy two copies of nsmb2 for 52 and tax, sell the extra copy.[/QUOTE]yep, I believe TIV would be about $31.50(110% included)

Guys, please pay attention. Prim4444 just got through saying that the 70% off game with the 3DS SMB2 deal has to be $19.99 or less. If that's the case, then this deal doesn't apply for those of us who are looking to get a second game that has a higher price tag than $20.

Source?

Everything I've read says that for the 3DS XL, this issue has been corrected and that there's plenty of space between screens now.

[quote name='XombieOO7']Guys, please pay attention. Prim4444 just got through saying that the 70% off game with the 3DS SMB2 deal has to be $19.99 or less. If that's the case, then this deal doesn't apply for those of us who are looking to get a second game that has a higher price tag than $20.[/QUOTE]

People need to notice this more because (for me at least), it takes the deal from being "Oh shit, I've got to get to TRU on Sunday!" to "I think I'll wait for a B2G1 sale down the road".

I have no real complaints about NSMB and my only gripe with NSMB Wii is the use of motion controls in the gameplay so NSMB2 is a buy for me, just not at TRU on launch day.

[quote name='masshuum']Source?

Everything I've read says that for the 3DS XL, this issue has been corrected and that there's plenty of space between screens now.[/QUOTE]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480104

Check out this thread of 160 pages. Since it was released in Europe people have noted dead pixels, scratches and yellow tinted top screens. Not everyone is having the issues but many are. Of course the postings here are only a fraction of buyers but I plan on opening up the box in the parking lot and double checking before I leave. Do yourselves a favor and do the same. :D

[quote name='Halo05']People need to notice this more because (for me at least), it takes the deal from being "Oh shit, I've got to get to TRU on Sunday!" to "I think I'll wait for a B2G1 sale down the road".

I have no real complaints about NSMB and my only gripe with NSMB Wii is the use of motion controls in the gameplay so NSMB2 is a buy for me, just not at TRU on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Doing the math, the total for the two before including sales tax is $45.98. Basically it's lke saying "buy NSMB2 for normal price, get a $20 priced game for just $6 more (+ sales tax)."

Tempting, but I think I'll hold off. Besides, the Best Buy sale this past week already put a hurtin' on my pocketbook. :booty:

It will be dying soon since it's last week's deal but you can get Madden 13 Vita for $29.99 (Hot Buy Price) and it is B1G1 40% off Vita games so you could get a second copy for $18

Basically two copies for ~ $48 isn't bad when MSRP is $39.99

Something of note for those disappointed you couldn't get 70% off any game- I looked at unadvertised deals information last night and there is a general buy one get one 40% off sale on all videogames running all week, and it appears to now be live on the website. Its not stacking the promotions at the moment however, but perhaps it'll be different in store.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Something of note for those disappointed you couldn't get 70% off any game- I looked at unadvertised deals information last night and there is a general buy one get one 40% off sale on all videogames running all week, and it appears to now be live on the website. Its not stacking the promotions at the moment however, but perhaps it'll be different in store.[/QUOTE]

Worth a shot might try an additional game.

[quote name='KrisMKX']So one evil corporation is getting your money over the other evil corporation? Who cares, go with the cheapest DEAL FOR YOU![/QUOTE]

My local Toys R Us treats me like dirt. My local Best Buy PM's deals like free GC's which their policy clearly says they don't do. So I'm more loyal to Best Buy. And I'd rather give my $$ to the company that has had a lot of game deals lately.

bread's done
Back