Trade 2 360 games, get any 360 game for $9.99 (Starts 8/16-9/10)

rvdrock

CAGiversary!
Ok, so its not our trade two get one free, but hey its something. Saw this when I went in to work to pay my 360 warranty. And yes, its any game, so if some of you are still sitting on any of the 2006 sports games, now is the time to unload them!

Edit: Yes, they killed the deal, I had no idea until today...you might as well lock this!

[quote name='rvdrock']Ok, so its not our trade two get one free, but hey its something. Saw this when I went in to work to pay my 360 warranty. And yes, its any game, so if some of you are still sitting on any of the 2006 sports games, now is the time to unload them![/quote]
nice, got a use now for some of the cheap 360 games lying around and in circulation!

Hey, if you have a Edge Card with credit on it you can get new $59.99 games for only $44.18.

Madden 06-used-$19.99=$17.99(with edge card)
Ridge racer-used-$17.99=$16.19(with edge card)

$17.99+$16.19+$10.00=$44.18

pick up two ridge racers and it'll be like getting a new 360 game for 49.99. probably ymmv on trading in two ridge racers and probably not worth the trouble.

Cool. I can get the last two Madden '06 achievements and then trade that and FFXI in and get Madden '07 or NCAA '07.

So we can get any new 360 game, or does it have to be used?

I really want FarCry so now might be the time to take advantage of this.

[quote name='antHraxz']Damn, just trade in Madden 06 today for $4 just to get Ridge Racer 6.[/QUOTE]

Feel the same way because I traded mine in last week to be able to get PGR3 after its price drop.

[quote name='seanr1221']So we can get any new 360 game, or does it have to be used?

I really want FarCry so now might be the time to take advantage of this.[/QUOTE]

If it is like the trade 2 for 1 it will be a new game not used. I am glad they are doing this now Saint's Row will only cost me about 40 bucks.

I have no doubt this is going to be a deal, but I called my local EB today and they didn't know anything about it, they just told me to callback Wednesday

[quote name='buster90']Two $60 games plus $10 for the price of one![/QUOTE]

Wow! Every 360 game is $60? Too bad I can name 20 games that are $39.99 or less NEW. Mneaning you can buy them used for $30 (or cheaper).

Hmmmm I know what I'm gonna do.

Trade in my Madden '06 and Ridge Racer...I'll pick up another Ridge Racer with GGC for 14.99 so I can replace that, and someday soon I'll replace the Madden '06 (I've said it before, I want it because it has an Eagle on the cover, which probably wont happen again for a long time)

[quote name='seanr1221']Hmmmm I know what I'm gonna do.

Trade in my Madden '06 and Ridge Racer...I'll pick up another Ridge Racer with GGC for 14.99 so I can replace that, and someday soon I'll replace the Madden '06 (I've said it before, I want it because it has an Eagle on the cover, which probably wont happen again for a long time)[/QUOTE]

Good idea.. my local GameStop (I think) still has copies of the Prey Collector's edition.. and I know the manager there.. here comes a $70 collector's edition for just $45!

Buy (2) Ridge Racer (XBOX 360) $15 Each after $5 off BB GCC ... Endup get NEW XBOX 360 games for $40 but still expensive in my list. Unless you wanted game like: Gear of War LE($70), Blue Dragon ($60), Call of Duty 3 ($60), Too Human ($60).

[quote name='Masterkyo']Buy (2) Ridge Racer (XBOX 360) $15 Each after $5 off BB GCC ... Endup get NEW XBOX 360 games for $40 but still expensive in my list. Unless you wanted game like: Gear of War LE($70), Blue Dragon ($60), Call of Duty 3 ($60), Too Human ($60).[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, those won't be out before the promotion is over =/

Still not bad for anyone picking up the Madden collector's edition, or Saint's Row, or if anyone else has leftover Prey collector's editions at their GS and wants the game.

oh hell yes, Ridge Racer 6 has started to piss me off, I bought it new for $21 in eb credit, so if I can pick up madden 06 for another $21 in credit that I have and flip both of them for Dead rising, I will be very happy indeed. thanks OP.

Damn, I may have to jump on that, although I'm not sure what game i'd use it on. I've already got Saint's Row preordered. Anyone know if you can put toward a future release 360 game? Probably not but it's worth asking.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']oh hell yes, Ridge Racer 6 has started to piss me off, I bought it new for $21 in eb credit, so if I can pick up madden 06 for another $21 in credit that I have and flip both of them for Dead rising, I will be very happy indeed. thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's time to change my Xbox 360 Gamerpic :p

king kong was $20 at sears, dunno if it still is

hopefully this can be used for pre orders then i'll get tony hawk/call of duty 3

otherwise there's a nice Prey LE at the gamestop in the mall that will be coming home with me

[quote name='dabamus']Cool. I can get the last two Madden '06 achievements and then trade that and FFXI in and get Madden '07 or NCAA '07.[/quote]

FFXI can't be traded in anywhere - it locks itself to your 360 and doesn't let go. It has a value of 0.00 in the computer.

Well, I picked up King Kong earlier at sears and have yet to even open it. I may just pick up a cheap, used Madden and then get Saint's Row. Although, I'll definitely pick up the Prey LE if they have it.

[quote name='menikmati']Awesome, I haven't opened up RR6 yet, would it still work with 2 copies of RR6?[/quote]

probably ymmv. depends on employee.

Ridge Racer and Madden should be able to get a good amount out of Dead Rising. I know I'm gonna get hit with the refurb fee, though, I can feel it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I know I'm gonna get hit with the refurb fee, though, I can feel it.[/quote]

care to explain?

[quote name='swetooth9']care to explain?[/QUOTE]

It means if your discs are deemed "scratched" or "dirty" EB hits you with a $2 or $3 "refurb" fee, which is bullshit because they aren't going to resurface the discs or anything.

[quote name='seanr1221']Hmmmm I know what I'm gonna do.

Trade in my Madden '06 and Ridge Racer...I'll pick up another Ridge Racer with GGC for 14.99 so I can replace that, and someday soon I'll replace the Madden '06 (I've said it before, I want it because it has an Eagle on the cover, which probably wont happen again for a long time)[/quote]

You can download a Madden '07 cover from EBGAMES.com. This is the link:

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/madden07/madden07.asp

Not the same a Donovan on the cover...

[quote name='Roufuss']It means if your discs are deemed "scratched" or "dirty" EB hits you with a $2 or $3 "refurb" fee, which is bullshit because they aren't going to resurface the discs or anything.[/QUOTE]

So that's what that shit was when I made that trade off a few weeks ago? Umm.. all my discs were brand freaking new. I'm not like some other folks who take a game out of its disc aand lay it around outside of the case. If its not in the system of choice, then it's in its DVD case, no exceptions. Bastards.

Offtopic slightly, but I've never understood the whole 'hey let's buy games to buy games' action. I can understand when for instance, the trade 3 get $10 extra when you buy games where the price is near bottom, but what's the justification of buying two XBox 360 games at $20 each, just to turn around and trade them PLUS pay $10 more? Umm... you may as well pay the $50 just to get the game you want. Just my two cents.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Offtopic slightly, but I've never understood the whole 'hey let's buy games to buy games' action. I can understand when for instance, the trade 3 get $10 extra when you buy games where the price is near bottom, but what's the justification of buying two XBox 360 games at $20 each, just to turn around and trade them PLUS pay $10 more? Umm... you may as well pay the $50 just to get the game you want. Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

There are several reasons. First off, 360 games retail for $60, so even getting them for $50 is a discount; if you do this deal with the GGC at BB, you could get two 360 games for $30, thereby netting you a 360 game for only $40, $20 off the price of any newly released game. Plus, if you have store credit at a store where they're selling cheap 360 games, it let's you flip that credit into EB/GS...

[quote name='Fatesealer']Offtopic slightly, but I've never understood the whole 'hey let's buy games to buy games' action. I can understand when for instance, the trade 3 get $10 extra when you buy games where the price is near bottom, but what's the justification of buying two XBox 360 games at $20 each, just to turn around and trade them PLUS pay $10 more? Umm... you may as well pay the $50 just to get the game you want. Just my two cents.[/quote]

If the game you want is over $50, it still works out to cheaper to buy games for the trade-in deal.

For example, I want to get Dead Rising which is $59.99. Spending $50 to get this game is a good way to save $10.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Offtopic slightly, but I've never understood the whole 'hey let's buy games to buy games' action. I can understand when for instance, the trade 3 get $10 extra when you buy games where the price is near bottom, but what's the justification of buying two XBox 360 games at $20 each, just to turn around and trade them PLUS pay $10 more? Umm... you may as well pay the $50 just to get the game you want. Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

Well if you can trade in 2 Ridge Racer 6's, and buy them for 15.00 from BB (after GGC) you can get a new 60.00 360 game for 40.00

I guess you're right... ^_^ Well, I've already bought a few weeks ago PDZ and Kameo, and played them all of little to none, and they too were $20 each when I bought them... consider them gone by tomorrow and Dead Rising to come home. I don't mind the loss of two for one, especially since both I'm losing will assuredly be bargain fodder come christmas time, or even Black Friday.

Sweet....I've been looking to get rid of NHL and NBA 2K6, so I may do that to get Madden 07. I already have Saint's Row pre-ordered at GR. I wish NHL games were coming out earlier...but it says 9/12.

I wonder if they will allow the Madden 07 CE or Prey CE?

[quote name='gizmogc']Wow! Every 360 game is $60? Too bad I can name 20 games that are $39.99 or less NEW. Mneaning you can buy them used for $30 (or cheaper).[/QUOTE]

Chances are, if you are trading in 2 games, they are probably older and were $60 when you bought them, so your response is likely to be moot.

Never the less, two $40 games plus $10 for the price of one!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Chances are, if you are trading in 2 games, they are probably older and were $60 when you bought them, so your response is likely to be moot.

Never the less, two $40 games plus $10 for the price of one![/quote]

Well I'm going to trade in two games and I just got my 360 last weekend -- oh yeah, and the trade in value will be more than I paid for them.

So, this deal works out well for a bunch of people.

[quote name='antHraxz']Damn, just trade in Madden 06 today for $4 just to get Ridge Racer 6.[/quote]I will never understand why CAGs will scour the earth to save $5 but then sell a game for nothing to EB. Newsflash: selling way below market value negates your up-front savings.

[quote name='d8onausa']I will never understand why CAGs will scour the earth to save $5 but then sell a game for nothing to EB. Newsflash: selling way below market value negates your up-front savings.[/quote]

This is very true. the only time it is wirthwhile to trade is wehn you have deals like that one at Game Rush where you get an extra $5. Other than those types of deals most trade ins really only cut back on your savings. Ebay is where you shoud turn to get your money back.

[quote name='d8onausa']I will never understand why CAGs will scour the earth to save $5 but then sell a game for nothing to EB. Newsflash: selling way below market value negates your up-front savings.[/quote]

I feel the same way about college textbooks!!! So no matter what I kept them all!

[quote name='d8onausa']I will never understand why CAGs will scour the earth to save $5 but then sell a game for nothing to EB. Newsflash: selling way below market value negates your up-front savings.[/QUOTE]

AMEN!! :applause: :applause:

[quote name='d8onausa']I will never understand why CAGs will scour the earth to save $5 but then sell a game for nothing to EB. Newsflash: selling way below market value negates your up-front savings.[/QUOTE]

Because to some, being cheap is a drug. Saving a dollar is saving money to some... why on earth would I trade a game away for a dollar unless I absolutely didn't care?

[quote name='Fatesealer']Because to some, being cheap is a drug. Saving a dollar is saving money to some... why on earth would I trade a game away for a dollar unless I absolutely didn't care?[/QUOTE]

You make a valid point, if you aren't going to play the game anyway, then you might as well get something for it. My take is that if EB, or whoever, is giving crap for trade-in value, then I'm better off keeping for collection purposes, regardless of whether or not I'll play it again. To each his own....

Off-topic, but you live right down the street from me, apparently!

bread's done
Back