Trade 3 get it free weekend EBgames 24TH to 26TH October

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Saw it in the flier figured I'd make a post for it. Also for those undecided/people who want to spend their credit on say 2 different games.

Preorder Smackdown VS Raw 2009 for the gaming guarantee. Which is return game within a week of picking it up within a week of release. You get the full amount of the game on a edge card/giftcard(YMMV on that since it differed from the two times I've done this SC4 and SWTFU)

Sadly other than this the new flier is pretty crappy.Bunch of nondeals,

How do these "trade x get it free" deals work with a bundle game? Guitar Hero: WT for example. Can I trade 3 and get the game+guitar bundle?

[quote name='halcyon1234']How do these "trade x get it free" deals work with a bundle game? Guitar Hero: WT for example. Can I trade 3 and get the game+guitar bundle?[/quote]

You get $60 towards it.

$60. Neat.

And I know this gets asked every time, so sorry for sounding like a newtard-- but you trade in 3, and instead of getting the TIV, you get the credit towards a new game. So

What happens: 3x $8 tiv = $59.99
What does NOT happen: 3x $8 tiv = $24 + $59.99, right?

[quote name='BobFromPikeCreek']I don't get how people make these deals work in their favour. EB gives you 8 bucks for next to nothing.[/quote]Buy $10 game worth $8 TIV at EB. Do this two more times. Trade in the three games for a $60 game. Essentially 50% off. I got too lazy to do it after last year. Too hard to find games that qualify now.

I just did a run through Montreal, friend and me were able to find:
- 3x Bee's Movie @ $10ea
- 3x Super Swing Golf @ $5ea
- 2x Harry Potter 360 @ $8ea
- 1x Harry Potter Wii @ $5
- 1x Alien Syndrome @ $5
- 1x SSX Blur @ $5
- 1x Mortal Kombat @ $8
- 1x Fifa 08 Wii @ $10
- 1x Spiderwick @ $8
- 1x NBA2k8 @ $10

Enough for 5 games. 125$ spent = 25$ per new release.
With a little will power you can go a long way to save a few bucks.

This is tempting... because I'm interested in getting Far Cry 2. I may pass it up though, since I know I'll be busy with Fable 2 and Fallout 3 for quite some time...

What's wierd is that the EB Games I go to has had this deal going on for the last 4 weekends.

Also you can get the collector's edition of a game for free if it is $69.99 or under

My EB's in my town have had trade 3 for free on since August I think and it hasn't just been just on weekends. I know the Manager at the one said that you could only get a free game on select titles but all the other employees thought it was on any pre-order which meant I came back when the manager was not there.

[quote name='pmp1986']My EB's in my town have had trade 3 for free on since August I think and it hasn't just been just on weekends. I know the Manager at the one said that you could only get a free game on select titles but all the other employees thought it was on any pre-order which meant I came back when the manager was not there.[/quote]

Hey, you live in brandon...

The employee's at the EBGames at the shoppers mall is awesome. They dont care if I dont have the original case, they dont care if I dont have the manual...

:applause:

If I recall correctly, the promo weekends allows you to trade in PS2 games whereas regular T3G1F is only valid with current gen stuff. Obviously they can overrule on this anytime. Does anyone have their flyer with all the fine prints?

[quote name='lisdoncca']projectkuro: could you tell which locations you went to, so I don't go there?
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Newman (Lasalle)

Thanks for the info and the proposition, but I do not actively look for games, not really any new release I really want (except LBP , I have a preorder for it) and I am in exam week. I was looking in case I wanted to do something "fun" this weekend.

Pix-IX location is truly a mess it's true.

59.99 or 69.99? If its 69.99 (it was last time) I'll pre-order the GoW2 LE, if not, I'll see if futureshop does something similar to what they did for FableII/LBP for GoW2. That would be amazing!

Man, I really, really want to do this for GH:WT. I mean I know I can just get the game and use my GH3 controllers-- but who am I kidding? I want to buy a PS3 and get the DLC-enabled super bundle with all the instruments! As much TIV as I can get would certainly hep with the inevitable hit/meteor strike my wallet's about to take.

There's plenty of Zellers, Walmarts and a couple BBV around-- any advise on which titles I should keep an eye out for? (There's also about a billion EBs around-- Richmond Hill alone has 5, just off the top of my head)

Hey, I'm also a total newbie at this TRADE 3 business, so pardon me... but I'm just wondering:

[quote name='projectkuro']
- 1x Alien Syndrome @ $5
- 1x SSX Blur @ $5
- 1x Mortal Kombat @ $8
- 1x Fifa 08 Wii @ $10
- 1x Spiderwick @ $8

etc.[/quote]

So how does this work? What do the prices mean?

Is that how much it costs to buy a used copy? If the price is 5-10 bucks, wouldn't the TIV be way below the $8 minimum?

And if that's the TIV, aren't SSX Blur and Alien Syndrome below the $8 TIV minimum?

Thanks in advance for the help =/

[quote name='Lockescythe']thats how much they cost at blockbuster to buy.
I know as of yesterday SSX qualified at 12$ eb TIV.[/quote]
Oh, wow... so 5 dollar and 8 dollar games at Blockbuster are worth more than $8 TIV at EB? That's really weird...

for now they are. After this weekend probably not.

Think of it this way.

Eb will sell Trauma Center Second Opinion for 29.99 Blockbuster 5$ However its more likely for EB to have the Trauma Center due to its higher price.

[quote name='kashwashwa']Hey, you live in brandon...

The employee's at the EBGames at the shoppers mall is awesome. They dont care if I dont have the original case, they dont care if I dont have the manual...

:applause:[/quote]

Yeah there pretty lax there, the guys at the Coral Centre EB are pretty good too, yesterday I did the trade 3 for free deal and one had no manual and he let it slide. I try to buy from Microplay when I'm not being a cheap ass because I always get treated so well there and the manger or owner (not sure) is really cool. Plus Microplay has old games too :cool:

So yesterday I traded

Wii - Sega Superstar Tennis - Bought at BBV for $7.99
Wii - Spiderman: Friend or Foe - Bought at BBV for $9.99
Wii - Trauma Centre: New Blood - Bought at BBV for $14.99

They were all good in the trade 3 for free deal and I picked up Dead Space for close to half off which is a nice saving for a little bit of work.
Might try the other BBV in my town see if I can do this again cause I do want to get Left 4 Dead for cheap as well.

[quote name='danthemightyone']If I recall correctly, the promo weekends allows you to trade in PS2 games whereas regular T3G1F is only valid with current gen stuff. Obviously they can overrule on this anytime. Does anyone have their flyer with all the fine prints?[/quote]

I checked the flyer last night and it didn't list PS2 games as valid. I'm sure some stores wont care, but as per the flyer I'm thinking PS2 games wont be accepted. So YMMV really.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Hrm-- If I trade in 6 games, can I apply two $60 credits towards the $200 super bundle?[/quote]

Very unlikely. What you can do though is to preorder something that gives back full price in credit if returned within a week. Force unleashed, Alone in the dark and some titles had this promo. Then you can use the credits for whatever in the store.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Very unlikely. What you can do though is to preorder something that gives back full price in credit if returned within a week. Force unleashed, Alone in the dark and some titles had this promo. Then you can use the credits for whatever in the store.[/quote]

That's a good idea. I'll probably do that.

So I trade 3 = $60 to GH:WT
I trade 3 more = free WWE Smackdown 2009
Next week I return WWE Smackdown for $60 credit (or whatever cost the game is)
I then use my $60 GH-only credit and the $60 Smackdown credit = $120 for GH:WT Super bundle.

Sound right?

BTW: Where do you get the ebflyer from? I never get it in my local paper, except for very rare occasions. Is the a Canadian eflyer to sign up for?

Bah. Richmond Hill == teh Fail!

I hit two BBV, three Rogers, a Walmart, a Zellers, two Loblaws, a Great Canadian, and a No Frills. Nothing. Nothing at all. Anyone who did have used games either had nothing of trade value, or they were all horribly overpriced. 2006 PS2 sport games for $30+! wtf?

The only tradable game I found was Star Trek Legacy for $15. I wasn't going to pick up just one game when I needed 3 (preferably 6).

Maybe I'll check the BBV in Newmarket this weekend, but since I run a haunted house, this is our last weekend for building. It's hard to justify taking off time to gameflip.

I'm willing to be that all the games went to RFD vaccums. {shakes fist}

[quote name='Lockescythe']yeah. You could preorder multiple Smackdown V Raw 2009.

Thats the next game to have this promo.[/quote]

Plus you'll get a couple cooler bags with your preorders.

I went to two different EBs today and neither employee knew of the promotion. I had to show their own flyer to them.

Traded in:
SSX Blur
Trauma Centre: New Blood
Metroid Prime Hunters DS
For Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $69.99 off the $79.99 price. I tried to get Guitar Hero but no dice they don't have enough for the pre-orders they already have.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I tried to get Guitar Hero but no dice they don't have enough for the pre-orders they already have.[/quote]

That's-- concerning.

Curious: Couldn't they just sell it to you, but tell you "you'll be at the back of the line behind people who pre-ordered before you", just like if you'd plopped down a fist full of Green Queens?

Nope,
I asked if I could just wait, he just said no come back when we have stock. Which if they do get stock in I can cancel my pre-order and use the credit. I just don't like doing that, it tends to make Mike (the manager) unhappy. I only do it if the young kids are working or at stores I don't frequent often. I'm happy with Resident Evil 5 though 4 was one of my favorite games and Guitar Hero I get bored of pretty quick...

Was just at EB games in Edmonton, the Trade 3 deal only applies to certain titles. ie. Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Guitar Hero WT

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Traded in:
SSX Blur
Trauma Centre: New Blood
Metroid Prime Hunters DS
For Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $69.99 off the $79.99 price. I tried to get Guitar Hero but no dice they don't have enough for the pre-orders they already have.[/quote]

you can already order the re5 CE? cool. i know what i'm doing on sunday.

[quote name='catalyst777']Was just at EB games in Edmonton, the Trade 3 deal only applies to certain titles. ie. Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Guitar Hero WT[/QUOTE]

Ask them to look at page 23 of the Autumn 2008 flyer sitting on the counter. It has Farcry 2 on the cover. Friday October 24th-Sunday October 26th.

offtopic.but when hunting for stuff to buy from BBV. I found a copy of Shadow of the Colossus used for 4.99 was near mint condition. Good thing I waited to pick that one up.

picked up the following at bbv and rogers:

wii:
godfather (rogers): $10
spiderwick chronicles (bbv): $8
super swing golf (new - bbv): $10

ps3:
nba 2k8 (bbv): $10

360:
prince caspian (rogers): $10
dead or alive 4 (bbv): $5

traded them in for preorders of resident evil 5 (CE) and guitar hero world tour (software) for 360. add that to far cry yesterday and not a bad weekend haul.

Good find on Super Swing. All the copies I saw any my local BBV were over $20 each used. And that was after the manager went around telling people how, and I swear this is a direct quote, "Check out the used games. We're getting really aggressive with the prices, so you can find games you wouldn't normally find."

Apparently, aggressive means "'06 EA sport game for $20." (The next BBV I was at had it for $2)

Maybe he meant passive-aggressive. =)

[quote name='cm matty']picked up the following at bbv and rogers:

wii:
godfather (rogers): $10
spiderwick chronicles (bbv): $8
super swing golf (new - bbv): $10

ps3:
nba 2k8 (bbv): $10

360:
prince caspian (rogers): $10
dead or alive 4 (bbv): $5

traded them in for preorders of resident evil 5 (CE) and guitar hero world tour (software) for 360. add that to far cry yesterday and not a bad weekend haul.[/quote]

Thanks alot. This helped so much. On top of this,

Wii
Destroy all humans (bbv) $10
Battalion Wars 2 (bbv) $15
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (bbv) $15, TIV in EB is $20

I ended up getting 12 EB music download cards.... Anyone interested? :D

Success! Aurora and Newmarket were a much better place to go hunting. Though when I tried to trade in Newmarket, I was told they had one of those bylaws which keeps them from accepting trades. I had to go down to the new Aurora location to trade, at Leslie & Wellington to trade.

Good news is that they accepted all six games (titles to follow). However, they were very picky. Three of the games didn't have the the manual, so they would only take them as trade, and not towards the "trade 3" (for Smackdown). I would have gone to another location, but time was a premium. I ended up taking the $39 TIV for the 3 games (rather than the $60 I should have gotten!). Total: $99 towards GH:WT.

Oh, they also tried to pull some crap on one of the games. "Oh, this one toally has a scratch on it (untrue, regular play marks). We're going to have to deduct $2 to refurbish this". I managed to talk them out of this one at least. What a load. So, if you want to trade, I suggest going to a less picky location.

On a positive, though, they did let me pre-order GH:WT. Their sunday pre-orders were maxed out, but I said I'm patient and could wait for the second round, so they let me. (Five seconds later, some guy in a SUV idled his car, ran in and asked for a pre-order. They told him probably not until March, then winked at me. After he left, the guy said he just didn't want to deal with more pre-orders, and he doesn't like the Xbo360 =) )

I ended up trading (all purchased for $9 or less at BBV)

Tony Hawk: Proving Ground Wii
Nights Wii
Project Gotham Racing 4 Xbox360
Harry Potter Wii: Phoenix $15 TIV
Spiderman: Friend or Foe Wii: $13 TIV
Mortal Kombat Arm. Wii $11 TIV

Oh, and in one of the BBV I found a copy of Gamecube Super Monkey Ball for $5 (been waiting forever), and a fun game called Mad Maestro for $4 for the PS2-- it's a classical music rhythm game, and is surprisingly fun! Score!

[quote name='halcyon1234']Good news is that they accepted all six games (titles to follow). However, they were very picky. Three of the games didn't have the the manual, so they would only take them as trade, and not towards the "trade 3" (for Smackdown). I would have gone to another location, but time was a premium. I ended up taking the $39 TIV for the 3 games (rather than the $60 I should have gotten!). [/quote]

Well for any of their trade-in deals, it always specifically says the games must be complete and that manuals must be included. Every EB I've tried trading into, it's always the same. So it's not that they were being picky about the manuals, they were just following EB's trade-in deal rules. Though, I have been to a couple that were very very picky about supposed 'scratches' and wanting to deduct that $2.

bread's done
Back