Trade 3 Next-Gen titles get bonus $5 per title at Blockbuster

ohvermie

CAGiversary!
This deal seemed to be pretty well recieved the last time that Blockbuster ran it. Trade in at least 3 Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or PSP titles, and get an additional $5 bonus per title. Exclusions are no demo discs/magazine discs, no 2k4/2004 sports games, and they singled out this soccer game I remember people using as trade fodder on other trade topics (I think it's the one they sold at BB for like a couple bucks). That's about it I think.

I took advantage of this today. I traded in 6 games from TRU and got about $60 in credit. The employees didn't even know about the promotion, even though I called right before I went.

Be sure to ask the employee to give you the extra $5 a game. It's not automatic.

btw, if you combine this offer with Gamestop's B2G1 deal, you can turn ~$20 cash into ~$45+ Gamerush credit. It's fantastic for those of us awaiting a PSP.

[quote name='chargeup45'][quote name='robwhit1']Here is the BBGR topic. All the details are in there. It is a little harder to notice now that it is a sticky.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54610[/quote]

I loathe Blockbuster for not bringing a GR to Long Island yet. But this is still a decent deal. Would they also do the trade 2 get 1 for 29.99 deal?[/quote]

I hate it too....

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Be sure to ask the employee to give you the extra $5 a game. It's not automatic.

btw, if you combine this offer with Gamestop's B2G1 deal, you can turn ~$20 cash into ~$45+ Gamerush credit. It's fantastic for those of us awaiting a PSP.[/quote]
What games can you do that with?

[quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='lord_ebonstone']Be sure to ask the employee to give you the extra $5 a game. It's not automatic.

btw, if you combine this offer with Gamestop's B2G1 deal, you can turn ~$20 cash into ~$45+ Gamerush credit. It's fantastic for those of us awaiting a PSP.[/quote]
What games can you do that with?[/quote]Gamerush says:

"Receive an extra $5 in-store credit for each game traded valid on PSP, PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer®, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003, 2K3 or older sports games."

[quote name='lord_ebonstone'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='lord_ebonstone']Be sure to ask the employee to give you the extra $5 a game. It's not automatic.

"Receive an extra $5 in-store credit for each game traded valid on PSP, PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer®, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003, 2K3 or older sports games."[/quote]

I mean this "if you combine this offer with Gamestop's B2G1 deal, you can turn ~$20 cash into ~$45+ Gamerush credit. It's fantastic for those of us awaiting a PSP." Which games can you get at Gamestop for $20 to trade for $45 at Gamerush?

You're not supposed to be able to combine the $30 new release/preorder deal and the extra $5 deal on the same games, according to our distrcit manager. I have a feeling that most stores will know this. So please, don't be an ass to your friendly neighborhood GR clerk if he refuses to combine deals; he's just doing his job.

:)

so blockbuster also does the trade 2 get a new game or preorder a new game for 29.99?

I thought that deal was gamerush only.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']is there ANY gamerush in nyc? o_O

and my blockbuster never advertise their deals[/quote]

The only ones that come up on the store locator for me are in Staten Island. Check gamerush.com and plug in your zip code.

help1... I asked the manager at BB if there were any GRs around the area, and she said that sometime this year they would be opening one up. If you ask an employee at your BB, they might have more info. BTW, where on LI do you live?

[quote name='omegaweapon7']is there ANY gamerush in nyc? o_O

in the ENTIRE STATE of NY.... there are THREE Gamerushes...

ALL IN STATEN FREAKING ISLAND!

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='omegaweapon7']is there ANY gamerush in nyc? o_O

ALL IN STATEN FREAKING ISLAND![/quote]

thats disgusting.

[quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='lord_ebonstone'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='lord_ebonstone']Be sure to ask the employee to give you the extra $5 a game. It's not automatic.

"Receive an extra $5 in-store credit for each game traded valid on PSP, PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer®, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003, 2K3 or older sports games."[/quote]

I mean this "if you combine this offer with Gamestop's B2G1 deal, you can turn ~$20 cash into ~$45+ Gamerush credit. It's fantastic for those of us awaiting a PSP." Which games can you get at Gamestop for $20 to trade for $45 at Gamerush?[/quote]

Anything that's $4.99 or less is a good choice.

Looking at what I bought today:

Eternal Ring -- $4.99
Haven: Call of the King -- $4.99
Smuggler's Run -- $4.99
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain 2 -- $5.99
Red Faction -- $4.99 (FREE)
New Legends -- $4.99 (FREE)

Total: ~$22 and change after tax.

[quote name='impirius']You're not supposed to be able to combine the $30 new release/preorder deal and the extra $5 deal on the same games, according to our distrcit manager. I have a feeling that most stores will know this. So please, don't be an ass to your friendly neighborhood GR clerk if he refuses to combine deals; he's just doing his job.

:)[/quote]Mostly semantics. I've gone to the three GRs in my area, all openly suggested I do a pre-order for the cheap $30 after getting the bonus $5 credit.

In short, unless you have a crotchety old woman or some self-righteous prick, you should be able to combine the two deals fine.

do they do the whole preorder thing @ regular BB's too (non-gamerush)?

and i suggest we post the amount that BB gives you before the + 5 in a list type thing in this thread :)

Ok, so how does store credit work at GR? Can you put it on your blockbuster account? Whats the deal. Do you have to save your receipts?

Oh yeah, and games I utilized for abusing the $10 extra for 2 at EB for obscene credit:
Eternal Ring (about $3 at EB)
State of Emergency (about $5)
Time Splitters
Extermination
Mark of Kri
Red Faction
Tony Hawk 3
MDK 2: Armageddon
RTX Red something...

But yeah, B2G1 the shit out of them. If possible, set up a chain rape. Manipulate credit to get new games, then sell them at gamestop to get credit, to buy even more games. Best way to multiply your store credit. Do the math before you go, however, or you might pwn yourself.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='omegaweapon7']is there ANY gamerush in nyc? o_O

Any deals on crossing Verrazano bridge for free?! :lol:

[quote name='swetooth9']do they do the whole preorder thing @ regular BB's too (non-gamerush)?

and i suggest we post the amount that BB gives you before the + 5 in a list type thing in this thread :)[/quote]

At my Blockbuster, they do pre-order games. All credit that Blockbuster gives is equal in value to the credit GameRush gives. If you check the GameRush thread, you might find some values in there.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='swetooth9']do they do the whole preorder thing @ regular BB's too (non-gamerush)?

and i suggest we post the amount that BB gives you before the + 5 in a list type thing in this thread :)[/quote]

At my Blockbuster, they do pre-order games. All credit that Blockbuster gives is equal in value to the credit GameRush gives. If you check the GameRush thread, you might find some values in there.[/quote]

kthx :)

man, i made a killing in credit last time with madden 2001-02's, too bad they're not accepting older sports titles. still a good deal, as blockbuster gives and average of $7-8 for a game.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']man, i made a killing in credit last time with madden 2001-02's, too bad they're not accepting older sports titles. still a good deal, as blockbuster gives and average of $7-8 for a game.[/quote]

They don't accept them? I didn't know that, good to know. I thought they did accept them, but only offered around $1.50 for them.

I think he meant they accept them, but not for this deal.

Also, does anyone know if BB/GR price matches? If so, maybe I could spend about $20 on the B2G1 deal, trade the games for $45 or so in GR credit, and then get GR to price match Fight Night Rd. 2 and KOTOR II from the Game Crazy ad and get them both for about $20 in actual cash spent.

[quote name='Matt Young']I think he meant they accept them, but not for this deal.

Also, does anyone know if BB/GR price matches? If so, maybe I could spend about $20 on the B2G1 deal, trade the games for $45 or so in GR credit, and then get GR to price match Fight Night Rd. 2 and KOTOR II from the Game Crazy ad and get them both for about $20 in actual cash spent.[/quote]

Yeah, I was under the impression they took any game for this deal.

AFAIK, BB/GR doesn't PM.

[quote name='Trakan']
Yeah, I was under the impression they took any game for this deal.
[/quote]

The last time they ran this deal (around October last year) they took anything , but now there are exclusions.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']I don't think there are any in massachusetts[/quote]

As far as I know there aren’t but there are two franchise stores who do trade ins ($7.50 each for NCCA 2k3 and NFL2k3 heh heh) but I haven’t found a store that has Gamerush specials.

[quote name='chargeup45'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='omegaweapon7']is there ANY gamerush in nyc? o_O

thats disgusting.[/quote]

I suspect the location of the stores has something to do with the pawn laws in each city, state. I suspect BB is avoiding the more restrictive areas.

I don't know if the original question that has been asked by at least three people, including me has been answered. If someone knows, please fill us in.

Do Blockbuster stores also have this deal, along with the trade 2, preorder for 29.99 deal or is it GAMERUSH only?

thanks

Just so you guys know, you can put store credit earned on a gift card or on your blockbuster account. Also, if you put it on your blockbuster account, you can later transfer it to a gift card.

[quote name='KowHunta']Just so you guys know, you can put store credit earned on a gift card or on your blockbuster account. Also, if you put it on your blockbuster account, you can later transfer it to a gift card.[/quote]

This is not true. If you have the credit placed on your account you aren't allowed to transfer the credit onto a value card after the transaction has taken place. I know from experience because when I had like 50 bucks worth a trades when BB first started taking game trades the employee didn't know how to put the credit on my value card and placed it on my account when I found this out a couple of days later when I trade somemore games in they told me that I couldn't transfer credit from out of my account to the card.

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='KowHunta']Just so you guys know, you can put store credit earned on a gift card or on your blockbuster account. Also, if you put it on your blockbuster account, you can later transfer it to a gift card.[/quote]

This is not true. If you have the credit placed on your account you aren't allowed to transfer the credit onto a value card after the transaction has taken place. I know from experience because when I had like 50 bucks worth a trades when BB first started taking game trades the employee didn't know how to put the credit on my value card and placed it on my account when I found this out a couple of days later when I trade somemore games in they told me that I couldn't transfer credit from out of my account to the card.[/quote]

Yeah... they have no problem putting credit on gift cards if you ask beforehand.

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='KowHunta']Just so you guys know, you can put store credit earned on a gift card or on your blockbuster account. Also, if you put it on your blockbuster account, you can later transfer it to a gift card.[/quote]

This is not true. If you have the credit placed on your account you aren't allowed to transfer the credit onto a value card after the transaction has taken place. I know from experience because when I had like 50 bucks worth a trades when BB first started taking game trades the employee didn't know how to put the credit on my value card and placed it on my account when I found this out a couple of days later when I trade somemore games in they told me that I couldn't transfer credit from out of my account to the card.[/quote]

what happens with that credit then?

Not true. The lady ringing up my trade values put the credit on my account without asking me. I then told her I wanted on a gift card, and she was able to transfer the store credit.

I was a little pissed she didn't ask me how I wanted the credit in the first place

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='cdeener'][quote name='KowHunta']Just so you guys know, you can put store credit earned on a gift card or on your blockbuster account. Also, if you put it on your blockbuster account, you can later transfer it to a gift card.[/quote]

what happens with that credit then?[/quote]

It stays on your account. If you leave it on your account, you can only use it at that particular blockbuster. I always have it put on a value card.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='cdeener'][quote name='KowHunta']Just so you guys know, you can put store credit earned on a gift card or on your blockbuster account. Also, if you put it on your blockbuster account, you can later transfer it to a gift card.[/quote]

Well, being that the salesperson put the credit on my account, then transfered it to a gift card, is it possible that I still have the original credit on my account?

It stays on your account. If you leave it on your account, you can only use it at that particular blockbuster. I always have it put on a value card.[/quote]

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='cdeener'][quote name='KowHunta']Just so you guys know, you can put store credit earned on a gift card or on your blockbuster account. Also, if you put it on your blockbuster account, you can later transfer it to a gift card.[/quote]

It stays on your account. If you leave it on your account, you can only use it at that particular blockbuster. I always have it put on a value card.[/quote]

oh, ok, that would suck...thanks for the info

bread's done
Back