Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimbo1']I have a question for people who have already done this. Do they ask you for your address when you do the trade? My brother and I both plan on doing the trade, but my brother is currently staying with me.[/QUOTE]

They do not ask for addresses they might check your Driver License but I dont think they do that anymore either.

[quote name='sunnysky']GS does not charge tax if everything is paid for by use of trade in's.[/QUOTE]

In most states this is the case but not in all of them in Pennsylvania we have to pay the tax even if its store credit.

Woo! Traded in MGS4, MX vs ATV Untamed, and Far Cry 2 for the promo, and I got a gift receipt yesterday. Today I returned Fight Night for credit without any hassle! Now if only there was something I wanted to buy.

[quote name='Jimbo1']I have a question for people who have already done this. Do they ask you for your address when you do the trade? My brother and I both plan on doing the trade, but my brother is currently staying with me.[/QUOTE]

Varies by state. Also depends on if you're a regular or not at that store. They do have to have all of your information on at least the first trade and after that it's just confirmation.

Traded Madden 2009 CE (PS3), Bioshock (360), and COD4 old version (360) and walked out with Fight Night Round 4 and close to 4 bucks extra. The Edge card does stack with this deal.

So I saw someone mention that you cannot trade in more than one of the same game... How about the same game except one 360 version and one ps3 version? Will that not fly either? And it sounds like instructions are required right? Thanks.

People remember your Edge Card stacks with this deal and you will get the game and some credit back ha ha... I got like $2.35 back in credit plus the game...

Now im looking to sell the Game because its just not my thing so if someone wants it im looking for $45 paypal... :D

[quote name='sunnysky']GS does not charge tax if everything is paid for by use of trade in's.[/QUOTE]

They charged me $3.60 tax in CT

[quote name='tardoman']Woo! Traded in MGS4, MX vs ATV Untamed, and Far Cry 2 for the promo, and I got a gift receipt yesterday. Today I returned Fight Night for credit without any hassle! Now if only there was something I wanted to buy.[/QUOTE]
Well done! :applause:

[quote name='tripleoptic']So I saw someone mention that you cannot trade in more than one of the same game... How about the same game except one 360 version and one ps3 version? Will that not fly either? And it sounds like instructions are required right? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I've done it with other similar deals in my area. I don't recall anyone mentioning that they got rejected for the same title/different system trade. I would think it's ok given the lack of feedback.

[quote name='ajh2298']
In most states this is the case but not in all of them in Pennsylvania we have to pay the tax even if its store credit.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for Ohio. Thankfully, Kentucky is close by :)

I Was charged tax in Michigan also. However, I got a GIFT RECEIPT and it says paid with CASH. So, I hope to return it soon for something I really want.

Also, is this deal only good once? Could I trade in 3 more games at a different GameStop again?

[quote name='doubledown']I Was charged tax in Michigan also. However, I got a GIFT RECEIPT and it says paid with CASH. So, I hope to return it soon for something I really want.

Also, is this deal only good once? Could I trade in 3 more games at a different GameStop again?[/QUOTE]

I have done it 3 times already at 3 different Gamestops, (got gift receipts all 3 times), and might do it once more if I can find anything good at Blockbuster tomorrow.

ajh2298, did you have any hassle at all while doing it? I plan on doing it twice to get Prototype and to pay for Batman Arkham Asylum. I'm VERY tempted to do it a third time to get Ghostbusters, but I'm afraid I might get blacklisted.

[quote name='Jimbo1']ajh2298, did you have any hassle at all while doing it? I plan on doing it twice to get Prototype and to pay for Batman Arkham Asylum. I'm VERY tempted to do it a third time to get Ghostbusters, but I'm afraid I might get blacklisted.[/QUOTE]

No hassles as of yet, but I have not returned any as of yet. I always say I am getting the game for my brother for his birthday and I would like a gift receipt because he might have picked the game up already. Plus I did the trades at Gamestop I dont normally visit but I pass during work. When I return them for the pre-orders I want, (NHL 10, COD:MW2, and Madden 10), I will just make sure I go to different stores in my area and wont return 2 to the same store. I have like four stores in the same general area that I plan on returning them to.

Picked up Fight Night 4 (360) and I am enjoying it so far.
I traded in Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold 21.08, Bioshock 20.69, NBA Live 09 21.48, all with Promo#7392 bonus and edge card. Plus a 3.26 refund.
I am very satisfied with this transaction.

Looks like I`ll be trading in far cry 2, monsters vs aliens and 007 QOS for 360 for it.

If anyone is trading in very high valued games for it...I suggest you post what you`re gonna trade in here, someone will offer you something better for it

Grabbed a couple copies today, thanks BB. First store I went to kept telling me the only promo was a 30% bump in trade. So I told them to look online it's on there site. UM WE DONT HAVE THE INTERNET.... So I pulled out my iPhone and the other guy was like oh yea that's the ad we have on our door lol. So about 15 minutes later they manually adjusted everything I got my free game and $5.xx credit on my edge card. Luckily the other stores knew what they were doing. :D

[quote name='thenadz']If anyone is trading in very high valued games for it...I suggest you post what you`re gonna trade in here, someone will offer you something better for it[/QUOTE]

Or if they have more games to trade-in, they can just take advantage of the 40% bonus on 6 titles.

I just returned a copy of FNR4 today with a gift reciept. They wouldnt put it on a edge card though they put it on a gift card.

I traded 007 QoS, Folklore, and GTA IV from the BBV sale and got FNR4 with a gift receipt. I was charged 3.60 tax (I'm in PA). Im guessing you can't get cash when you return with a gift receipt?

Intersting how it bumps everything up to 20. I wonder what would it show if you traded in something that had a TIV of 25 would it show up as bonus $-5.00

Well, I bought Spiderman: WOS at Sams for 11.81 for the PS3, got Bond and Spiderman: WOS for the 360 at BBV for 16.00(BOGO). Went to Gamestop, and gave them to them, the clerk told me he couldn't take the PS3 game because it was still in shrink wrap. Said they get too many stolen games, like this is really gonna prevent that. If they really wanted to stop getting stolen games, they wouldn't accept trade ins the day games come out.

Anyway, I said, fine I'm gonna walk outside and take the shrink wrap off, they said no. So I said, how bout I show you the damn receipt, okay. Finally, then he rings in the games, and says it'll be 30 something dollars, ???????? He didn't even know about the promotion, so after he figured it out, he basically manually overrided the trade in values and it came up to me having to pay 0.06, so when all said and done I got it for about 29.06.

bought ALOT of games from BBV. However, on my first trip I completely forgot about this promo, and I traded in for the +50%. What an idiot, because I traded quantum of solace, bioshock ps3, and GTAIV ps3 for the +50% instead of getting a free $60.

Second time around though I grabbed quantum of solace 360, bioshock 360 from my own collection, and bioshock ps3 from bbv to get fight night. Now that I have it staring me down I am so tempted to open and play.

Hopefully I dont give in to temptation seeing as m backlog is soooo large and I picked up BlazBlue today as well.

I may try to go again and scour BBV, if they have anything left, and if I can find some worthwhile games to swap credit from GS to BBV and get another 60 bucks.

I searched all the Targets, Sam's, Wal-Marts, and Pawn Shops in my area and I cannot find any of the titles listed for around $10 a piece. Any chance somone could get me any of the titles listed, I pay you for them, and you send them to me so I can take advantage of the deal? Just throwing it out there.

BBV store 1 ($30)

PS3 - Bioshock

Xbox 360 - Bioshock
Xbox 360 - GTA4
Xbox 360 - 007 QoS

BBV Store 2 ($15)

PS3 - GTA4
Xbox 360 - Spiderman Web of Shadows

Since I don't have a PS3, I traded those 2 PS3 games and Spiderman for free Fight Night Round 4 at Gamestop. The employee was trying to charge me like $5 for not having the case for one of the games.

Here's how I got it:

GTA4 had a case. Bioshock came in a green case and Spiderman came in BBV case. I went in GS with GTA4 w/original case, Bioshock and Spiderman (disks only) both in a green Xbox 360 case (no artwork, just plain case).

I clearly told the employee that I wanted to do the FNR4 deal before I handed him the games. So I was waiting while he was ringing them up. All of a sudden I hear "that comes out to $25.xx". I said "what about FNR4?" "oh yea. hold on" he replied. After scanning FNR4, he gave me an odd amount of $53.xx. "What is that for?" I said. "That's the discount you will receive on the game". After showing him the ad that was laying there on the counter, he said "We charge a restokcking fee if you don't have the case." Fortunately, there was another worker who was all cool about it and just gave me the game for completely free.

I wonder if he knew what I was doing. If he did, why should he care? He had plenty of FNR4's. or was it that he was just doing his job? Do they really charge a fee for not having the case, although artwork/manuals are completely fine? Do they accept BBV cases?

Is it a good idea to trade in Prince of Persia for the PS3 from my own collection or is it worth alot and I should just buy a game from Blockbuster to trade in

[quote name='clawber']Is it a good idea to trade in Prince of Persia for the PS3 from my own collection or is it worth alot and I should just buy a game from Blockbuster to trade in[/QUOTE]

Depends if you intend on playing PoP again.

[quote name='rsan33']BBV store 1 ($30)

PS3 - Bioshock

Xbox 360 - Bioshock
Xbox 360 - GTA4
Xbox 360 - 007 QoS

BBV Store 2 ($15)

PS3 - GTA4
Xbox 360 - Spiderman Web of Shadows

Since I don't have a PS3, I traded those 2 PS3 games and Spiderman for free Fight Night Round 4 at Gamestop. The employee was trying to charge me like $5 for not having the case for one of the games.

Here's how I got it:

GTA4 had a case. Bioshock came in a green case and Spiderman came in BBV case. I went in GS with GTA4 w/original case, Bioshock and Spiderman (disks only) both in a green Xbox 360 case (no artwork, just plain case).

I clearly told the employee that I wanted to do the FNR4 deal before I handed him the games. So I was waiting while he was ringing them up. All of a sudden I hear "that comes out to $25.xx". I said "what about FNR4?" "oh yea. hold on" he replied. After scanning FNR4, he gave me an odd amount of $53.xx. "What is that for?" I said. "That's the discount you will receive on the game". After showing him the ad that was laying there on the counter, he said "We charge a restokcking fee if you don't have the case." Fortunately, there was another worker who was all cool about it and just gave me the game for completely free.

I wonder if he knew what I was doing. If he did, why should he care? He had plenty of FNR4's. or was it that he was just doing his job? Do they really charge a fee for not having the case, although artwork/manuals are completely fine? Do they accept BBV cases?[/QUOTE]

It's extremely YMMV. I know a GS employee pretty well and he let's my occasional BBV generic case go through. I don't even have to take off the BBV stickers or check for manuals. However, I get the feeling that this wouldn't fly elsewhere since other employees at the same store hit me with refurb fees when he's not working.

I'm new to this but have a few questions. I went to two different BBV's and got Bioshock, Quantum of Solace and two GTA IVs.

Bioshock and QoS have everything, but come in BBV cases. Does the case matter? Also should I take off the stickers?

GTA IV both come in BBV cases and only come with the disc. Will I run into any problems with this? I own a PS3 version and have thought about using the stuff from mine for the PS3 version, but that leaves me out of luck with the 360 version.

[quote name='Blog Marley']Bioshock and QoS have everything, but come in BBV cases. Does the case matter? Also should I take off the stickers?[/QUOTE]

Geez, don't you even read the previous couple posts?

Nice. I just traded in Bioshock, 007 QoS and Folklore for FNR4. If it wasn't for the BBV b1g1, I probably wouldn't have paid attention to this deal. I might have to take advantage of it again.

I traded in QoS (360), GTA IV (360), and Bioshock (PS3) for FNR4 at one Gamestop and then went to another Gamestop an hour and a half later and exchanged Fight Night for Infamous no problem. The guy looked strangely at my gift receipt and asked how I bought FNR4, and I said trade-in, and he said OK and that was that. All in all, I got Infamous and Mercs 2 for 30 plus tax. Very pleased!

Hey, odd question. If I trade them in already and didn't get a gift recipt. Can I go back and get one? I got the PS3 version...Can I go back and say I want to exchange it in for the 360 version and get a gift recipt for this?

[quote name='Jlong1002']
Anyway, I said, fine I'm gonna walk outside and take the shrink wrap off, they said no. So I said, how bout I show you the damn receipt, okay. Finally, then he rings in the games, and says it'll be 30 something dollars, ???????? He didn't even know about the promotion, so after he figured it out, he basically manually overrided the trade in values and it came up to me having to pay 0.06, so when all said and done I got it for about 29.06.[/QUOTE]

Wait a second. You paid for it? Apparently he did NOT do the deal correctly. See if you can get that fixed.

Shinoto- the exchange for a diffent system is actually a decent idea but you can also tell them that you wanted a gift receipt. I asked for a gift receipt but the guy forgot. He had to do a return and rebuy. I'm sure that the 2nd original receipt shows that I paid with store credit.

[quote name='Xploited']Depends if you intend on playing PoP again.[/QUOTE]

No I do not plan on playing it again

Can I trade in 360 games with the original Xbox's case?

The original Xbox's cases are darker green and opaque than the 360's lighter, slightly transparent cases.

I'm hearing people reporting a fee for not having a complete set...

[quote name='Jimbo1']For those who have successfully returned FN4 with the gift receipt, did they give you cash or credit back?[/QUOTE]

when have u ever gone to a store and bought something with store credit and them give u back cash?

its very much common sense. when u trade in a game u get store credit, because they want you to use the money they give u to buy more stuff in their store. its a win win sceario.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Can I trade in 360 games with the original Xbox's case?

The original Xbox's cases are darker green and opaque than the 360's lighter, slightly transparent cases.

I'm hearing people reporting a fee for not having a complete set...[/QUOTE]
I traded in them in with just the Blockbuster cases.
One had a manual, One had nothing, and one had the original case but no manual.

Also, I managed to return it and get the gift reciept. They also gave me a new receipt with it actually saying I paid in cash ^_^.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Can I trade in 360 games with the original Xbox's case?

I'm hearing people reporting a fee for not having a complete set...[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine.
I traded in about 20 games today, all discs only and the cashier didn't even bat an eye.

I tried to trade in some games from the BBV sale today and the GS employee was going to charge in $7 in refurb fee's because 2 games didn't have instruction manuals. I just walked out.

[quote name='(psp)snake']when have u ever gone to a store and bought something with store credit and them give u back cash?

its very much common sense. when u trade in a game u get store credit, because they want you to use the money they give u to buy more stuff in their store. its a win win sceario.[/QUOTE]

Well, what I really meant to ask was, can I use the credit at ALL gamestops or only at the gamestop that I get the credit at? If they put the credit on a card and give it to me and will allow me to use the credit at ALL gamestops, then I will be a happy camper.

bread's done
Back