Trade-in deals at GS/EB- 10%/20%/30% Extra when you trade in 3/4/5 Games Repectively

linkpwns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Earn an Extra 10%, 20% or 30% Credit

In-Store Offer Only
Not only do we admire thriftiness, but we'll also reward you for it. Now through November 25, when you trade in 3, 4 or 5+ games, you'll receive 10%, 20% or 30% extra trade-in credit respectively. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-in Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply. See our site for further details.
clear.gif

Straight Out of Today's Email...

Ends 11/25

[quote name='p0tempkin']Is Halo 3 still $35?[/QUOTE]

Still $35 today when I traded it in.

Now for those of you who would think that I was crazy to trade Halo 3 in, it was a copy that I bought from GS with the buy 3 get 25% off coupon (w/edge), so it was about $36+tax (in credit), and I had an `extra 50% trade' coupon, so I got $56 trade credit for it. ;)

[quote name='CaptPete']Still $35 today when I traded it in.

Now for those of you who would think that I was crazy to trade Halo 3 in, it was a copy that I bought from GS with the buy 3 get 25% off coupon (w/edge), so it was about $36+tax (in credit), and I had an `extra 50% trade' coupon, so I got $56 trade credit for it. ;)[/quote]

ballin

Well either way, looks like alot of us are just going to have to wait till next week to see any progress with this deal. Besides, we've got till the 25th for it to fully "take effect" right?

[quote name='Teknoman']Well either way, looks like alot of us are just going to have to wait till next week to see any progress with this deal. Besides, we've got till the 25th for it to fully "take effect" right?[/quote]

if by 'take effect' you mean, 'trade in values for all games that qualify will be lowered by 1$ in steady increments as this promo goes on' last time they did this tomb raider legend went from 8 to 5 i think in those 2 weeks or so. so its best to get in right from the get go

Tried this today. All GS stores got there newsletter things today and it says the deal doesn't start until Monday 11/12. However, I brought in the ad and the guy did it for me since the ad made no mention of the start date. I also traded in GC, DS, and GBA games, so I don't know if the deal applies only to current gen stuff or not. So it is pretty much YMMV until Monday. This was the Brier Creek GS in Raleigh, NC, btw.

[quote name='keithf25']Tried this today. All GS stores got there newsletter things today and it says the deal doesn't start until Monday 11/12. However, I brought in the ad and the guy did it for me since the ad made no mention of the start date. I also traded in GC, DS, and GBA games, so I don't know if the deal applies only to current gen stuff or not. So it is pretty much YMMV until Monday. This was the Brier Creek GS in Raleigh, NC, btw.[/quote]

Thats what I meant by "take effect". So the deal doesnt officially start till this monday then. Definatly going to hit up gamestop day one of the deal.

tried doing it an hour ago and they said they couldn't do it for me since there's no bar code or anything on the email. guess i'll just have to wait.

I fucking knew it!

I just traded in 4 games this week. oh well.

Anything good in the realm of building up credit? I'm trying to figure out how to cheaply get a second guitar for my 360...

[quote name='grifta67']Anything good in the realm of building up credit? I'm trying to figure out how to cheaply get a second guitar for my 360...[/QUOTE]

well if you got the Wii, next week RE:UC Comes out and so does Super Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='grifta67']Anything good in the realm of building up credit? I'm trying to figure out how to cheaply get a second guitar for my 360...[/quote]

wii zapper and wii fit

[quote name='pun123']anybody notice that this isn't on GS or EB site anymore, strange.[/quote]

It never was in the first place... I sent an email to customer service on the site and they responded with printing out the email as proof that is all they said. It would help If my printer had ink lol.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Can anyone confirm this in stores?[/quote]
That's what I did. Just print out at a library if you need to and just bring it to Gamestop. I'm really enjoying my new 40GB PS3 from this! :bouncy:

None of my local gamestops know WTF is up with this. I spoke the to the store manager at 3 different stores and they knew nothing of it...

[quote name='kenn']None of my local gamestops know WTF is up with this. I spoke the to the store manager at 3 different stores and they knew nothing of it...[/QUOTE]

yep, also since they didn't have a code, there was nothing they could do about and told me it was 30% extra in the trade in's or 10$ dollars extra on the trade ins..not both.

Oh well, used my 10% off and got Lego Star wars for the wii for only 3 something :) after trade ins

Printed out the email that was sent out on tuesday and was refused the trade in deal. I hope the trade in value of the games I have dont go down in the time being in the mean time till monday. Cause they have adjusted the trade in values before deals like these in the past. I dont understand why if they have the code for next weeks matterials why they cant just do a over-ride if you've got a printout of the email though.

[quote name='monkeydeew'][/QUOTE]

YOu don't happen to know the web addy that this was at do ya? I know it's GS but I mean the exact address that this page was taken from.

[quote name='Eric78DX']YOu don't happen to know the web addy that this was at do ya? I know it's GS but I mean the exact address that this page was taken from.[/quote]

i was checking my email, maybe someone can forward it to you?

I brought in the e-mail, which clearly stated that the offer was good from NOW through Nov. 25. The guy insisted it didn't start until Monday. I don't know which version of the dictionary defines "now" as three days from this moment, but he wouldn't budge. No matter. I preordered Rock Band and got the 30%, then took the coupon to another GameStop, and they did it no problem. I would have traded them all toward my Rock Band preorder, but I had two copies of Halo 3 from GR and had to do two separate transactions.

Quick question, what happens if you trade for the 30% towards rockband, but then halfway through, you've already covered the cost of it... would the other games also acquire the +30% bonus, and you just get the leftover credit? I know this sounds a little confusing, sorry.. but thanks ahead of time.

They'd probably force you to use it to pre-order something else. Knowing gamestop, they'd probably take 30% off the extra credit.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']Quick question, what happens if you trade for the 30% towards rockband, but then halfway through, you've already covered the cost of it... would the other games also acquire the +30% bonus, and you just get the leftover credit? I know this sounds a little confusing, sorry.. but thanks ahead of time.[/quote]

You would get the credit reguardless so if you had more credit than you owed then they would toss the extra credit on your rdge card or a gift card for you.

as a backup for this screw up this is an email that was sent to me from EB/GS customer service and may help some people out with this.. kinda sucks because im printer-less at the time. But here it is hope this helps.

Hello from GameStop.com.

Thanks for writing. I’ll pass along your suggestion to our web support team. Here is the verbiage from this week’s newsletter rgearding the trade offer:

Earn an Extra 10%, 20% or 30% Credit

In-Store Offer Only
Not only do we admire thriftiness, but we'll also reward you for it.
Now through November 25, when you trade in 3, 4 or 5+ games, you'll receive 10%, 20% or 30% extra trade-in credit respectively. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-in Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply. See our site for further details.

Please feel free to take this email in to the store. The store should have the details on this trade offer readily available. If they still have concerns please ask them to contact our customer service department and we can assist them.

Best regards,

Kent Morris

Sorry for the colors thats how it copied and pasted if anyone would like a better one PM me and I will send it to you.

-Derrick

[quote name='TehTriggerman']SHITE!!!!!!! I just traded 7 games in last night at gamecrazy..:cry::cry:[/quote]

Well I just traded in 7 yesterday at EB/GS and I did not get the promo so they made a whole $10 off me.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well I just traded in 7 yesterday at EB/GS and I did not get the promo so they made a whole $10 off me.[/quote]

i would call corporate b/c you have the email

Traded in a bunch of games for the ongoing 30% Bonus credit for Rock Band preorders, and a couple Wii games for the Trade 2 Get $10.

I tried to keep this close to the wiki formatting to make it Copy/Paste friendly. All values are before bonuses.

PSP
Legend of Heroes - $5 - 11/10/07

DS
Meteos - $2.50 - 11/10/07
Brain Age - $6 - 11/10/07
Metroid Prime Hunters - $10 - 11/10/07

Wii
Cooking Mama: Cook Off - $15 - 11/10/07
Elebits - $7 - 11/10/07
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $20 - 11/10/07

PS2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - $3 - 11/10/07
Amplitude - $2 - 11/10/07
Sly Cooper and The Thievius Racoonus - $1 - 11/10/07
Nano Breaker - $1.50 - 11/10/07
Kingdom Hearts - $3 - 11/10/07

GameCube
Super Monkey Ball - $2 - 11/10/07
Resident Evil - $6 - 11/10/07
Donkey Konga (game only) - $7 - 11/10/07
Star Wars Rogue Leader - $1.50 - 11/10/07
Baten Kaitos - $4 - 11/10/07
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $15 - 11/10/07
Crash Tag Team Racing - $6 - 11/10/07

Xbox 360
Halo 3 - $35 - 11/4/07

Xbox
Half-Life 2 - $3 - 11/4/07

Total with all bonuses: $215.60

I can't play Half Life 2 because of the stupid 70 degree angle mess. So I have a Orange Box that is useless to me. Anyone know the trade-in value of this? Or should I just try to get something done here?

[quote name='kofijamal']I can't play Half Life 2 because of the stupid 70 degree angle mess.[/quote]
I haven't heard of this particular mess, what's the problem with HL2?

[quote name='monkeydeew']i would call corporate b/c you have the email[/quote]

Well I called the store and talked to the manager and he told me to bring a printout of the email and my receipt and they would adjust it still did not confirm the offer though...

Just need a damn printer

hey, so I noticed that you traded enough for well over the rockband price, did those extra trade-ins also get the 30% bonus?

thanks

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']Traded in a bunch of games for the ongoing 30% Bonus credit for Rock Band preorders, and a couple Wii games for the Trade 2 Get $10.

I tried to keep this close to the wiki formatting to make it Copy/Paste friendly. All values are before bonuses.

PSP
Legend of Heroes - $5 - 11/10/07

DS
Meteos - $2.50 - 11/10/07
Brain Age - $6 - 11/10/07
Metroid Prime Hunters - $10 - 11/10/07

Wii
Cooking Mama: Cook Off - $15 - 11/10/07
Elebits - $7 - 11/10/07
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $20 - 11/10/07

PS2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - $3 - 11/10/07
Amplitude - $2 - 11/10/07
Sly Cooper and The Thievius Racoonus - $1 - 11/10/07
Nano Breaker - $1.50 - 11/10/07
Kingdom Hearts - $3 - 11/10/07

GameCube
Super Monkey Ball - $2 - 11/10/07
Resident Evil - $6 - 11/10/07
Donkey Konga (game only) - $7 - 11/10/07
Star Wars Rogue Leader - $1.50 - 11/10/07
Baten Kaitos - $4 - 11/10/07
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $15 - 11/10/07
Crash Tag Team Racing - $6 - 11/10/07

Xbox 360
Halo 3 - $35 - 11/4/07

Xbox
Half-Life 2 - $3 - 11/4/07

Total with all bonuses: $215.60[/quote]

[quote name='psychoxfoo']hey, so I noticed that you traded enough for well over the rockband price, did those extra trade-ins also get the 30% bonus?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even if your total trade-in value is more than the price of Rock Band, you still get the extra 30% on all of the games ( or 40% with Edge). After I paid off Rock Band I had an additional $46 in credit which I put towards Smash Bros Brawl.

[quote name='elmyra']I haven't heard of this particular mess, what's the problem with HL2?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I too would like to know this.

[quote name='kofijamal']I can't play Half Life 2 because of the stupid 70 degree angle mess. So I have a Orange Box that is useless to me. Anyone know the trade-in value of this? Or should I just try to get something done here?[/quote]

What 75 degree angle mess? Are you talking about the field of view or something? Because I havent seen any complaints, regardless of PC of 360 versions.

Cam someone sendl me with the ad? I traded in 5 games today (should have read through the entire thread) when I asked about the 30% they told me it would have rung up automatically. Maybe I can go back tomorrow and get the additonal credit. It's worth a try! Thanks !!

[quote name='Teknoman']What 75 degree angle mess? Are you talking about the field of view or something? Because I havent seen any complaints, regardless of PC of 360 versions.[/QUOTE]

I have. I'm one of them. :)

There are threads in a few places about it. But it is a factor for many people. I felt bad because it was a gift. But a friend will give me AC from Fry's for OB. But I really enjoyed HL2 a lot. Sucks that playing it after 20 minutes I have to lay down. Can't even go to another game and play or watch TV. Playing another game, I can do that all night long. This, BLAM!, out for the count.

[quote name='kofijamal']I have. I'm one of them. :)

There are threads in a few places about it. But it is a factor for many people. I felt bad because it was a gift. But a friend will give me AC from Fry's for OB. But I really enjoyed HL2 a lot. Sucks that playing it after 20 minutes I have to lay down. Can't even go to another game and play or watch TV. Playing another game, I can do that all night long. This, BLAM!, out for the count.[/quote]

So...what's the actual problem? I Googled it, but couldn't find any information. Are you saying that it gives you motion sickness?

:) Spoke with GS a few minutes ago. The deal will not start until tomorrow (Nov-12-07). The guy says their computers will automatically ring up this deal at that time:)

[quote name='redmosquiito']:) Spoke with GS a few minutes ago. The deal will not start until tomorrow (Nov-12-07). The guy says their computers will automatically ring up this deal at that time:)[/quote]

Alright! Yay for secondary confirmation! Anyway I just hope they dont drop the prices from whats current. I've already used the CAG trade in wiki to calculate what I should be getting.

[quote name='elmyra']So...what's the actual problem? I Googled it, but couldn't find any information. Are you saying that it gives you motion sickness?[/quote]

Yup, I'd bet it's motion sickness. Happens to me too with HL2 but not with other FPSes like Halo3.

bread's done
Back