Trade-in deals at GS/EB- 10%/20%/30% Extra when you trade in 3/4/5 Games Repectively

linkpwns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Earn an Extra 10%, 20% or 30% Credit

In-Store Offer Only
Not only do we admire thriftiness, but we'll also reward you for it. Now through November 25, when you trade in 3, 4 or 5+ games, you'll receive 10%, 20% or 30% extra trade-in credit respectively. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-in Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply. See our site for further details.
clear.gif

Straight Out of Today's Email...

Ends 11/25

[quote name='decon']My local store had flyers that said extra 50% on used game trade-ins with expiration date of 12/07.[/quote]

Whoa whoa... is there any way you could scan that? An upcoming deal, or just something that is region specific? Because if thats the case...50% would be great instead of 30%.:bouncy:

50% Extra Trade-in Credit on all used games, Extra $40 trade-in credit on any game system (excludes Nintendo GC, GBC, GBA), $5 off any new game.

Present this coupon flyer to receive discount.

Offer expires 12/02/07.

*NOTE* Offers Valid At these Select Stores only:

Gaithersburg Square, Gaithersburg, MD

Germantown Commons, Germantown, MD

[quote name='decon']50% Extra Trade-in Credit on all used games, Extra $40 trade-in credi ton any game system (excludes Nintendo GC, GBC, GBA), $5 off any new game.

Present this coupon flyer to receive discount.

Offer expires 12/02/07.

*NOTE* Offers Valid At these Select Stores only:

Gaithersburg Square, Gaithersburg, MD

Germantown Commons, Germantown, MD[/quote]

Ahh oh well. 30% is better than nothing then lol.

I really don't know what to think here...I brought in new sealed kameo and star trek legacy to flip and asked the guy at the counter how much I'd get for them with the 2 for 10 deal. He told me 27 something and I said "sold" (was planning to use this to pickup odin sphere). He hands me a packing blade and says "we can't accept new merchandise so you have to cut the seal". I do so and then a couple minutes afterwards when ringing up my order he says: "oh, my math was off, I can only give you $20 for these games". I just finished cutting open both games and say "you really can't give me $27 like you quoted, I just cracked open 2 new games" and he says "I said sorry!" He then goes on a diatribe of "I didn't force you to trade in the games" "what would you have done with the games anyways" "You can take your games back if you want..."
I swear, these things were actually said. I don't even know why he'd bring up what would I do with the games anyways (trade online, ebay, actually play the games). I hadn't checked the wiki and had no idea kameo was so worthless...at the same time this guy was a dick...in the same respect that the comic book guy on the simpsons is a dick (except comic book guy is somehow cooler). Does calling manager tomorrow seem in bounds for letting him know I was quoted 27 and only got $20? (I honestly would have kept kameo has I known it was worth so little) Seems like getting quoted reciprocation would be fair to me. Lets hear it

Don't think it'll help anything but it's worth a shot I'm sure. Your story is part of the reason why I avoid GS/EB at all costs. I'd rather pay a few bucks more (and most of the time, less) anywhere else. What they need is some actual competition to throw em through a loop and maybe their high highfalutin bullshit would slow a bit.

Traded some stuff in earlier this week. Forgot to put them up for the Wiki, so here they are.

PS2:

Silent Hill 2: $7.00 11/6/07
Silent Hill 3: $9.00 11/6/07

PS3:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma: $18.00 11/6/07

NDS:

Elite Beat Agents: $7.00 11/6/07

[quote name='asianxcore']Traded some stuff in earlier this week. Forgot to put them up for the Wiki, so here they are.

PS2:

Silent Hill 2: $7.00 11/6/07
Silent Hill 3: $9.00 11/6/07

PS3:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma: $18.00 11/6/07

NDS:

Elite Beat Agents: $7.00 11/6/07[/quote]
Ninja Gaiden Sigma used is 54.99 and silent hill 2 is 19.99 used instore.This just pierces my soul.

This is really lame. They waited till the deal truely activated everywhere and then lowered all trade in prices by 2-4 dollars. Heh not that it couldnt have been predicted...but jeez.

I went to EBgames this Saturday 11/10 and Traded in 6 games and showed them the Email. They said it was a misprint and Corp. hasn't responded to it so there was no way to give me the offer without a coupon code!!!!
So I printed of a 10% off anything coupon and brought that just incase and they were able to use that and they STACKED it with my EDGE card for a total of 20%.
Michigan area

P.S. Mass Effect payed in FULL 11/20 getting ready!!!

So you can definatly use that 10% off anything coupon as well for preorders? Think I might try that. Also theres no chance of getting 40% instead of 30% because of using your Gamestop card right?

[quote name='Teknoman']So you can definatly use that 10% off anything coupon as well for preorders? Think I might try that. Also theres no chance of getting 40% instead of 30% because of using your Gamestop card right?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the trade-in, yes it should stack with Edge for 40% extra total.

Well they finally made it official here is an important notice on thier trade in values page...

Important Note: The offer advertised in our Tuesday, November 6 email newsletter regarding 10%, 20% and 30% trade bonuses for trading in 3 or more games is not valid in stores until November 12. The newsletter indicated an incorrect start date and we apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused.

Now im going in today to see if they can give me my trade in difference seeing I was there Friday and they would not honor this deal then.. maybe to late though..

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Can this work with the 10$ extra for 2 games deal? Or is it one or the other?[/quote]
If you clicked that link in the first post, that deal ended before this one started. =p

[quote name='Teknoman']So you can definatly use that 10% off anything coupon as well for preorders? Think I might try that. Also theres no chance of getting 40% instead of 30% because of using your Gamestop card right?[/quote]

What 10% off pre-orders coupon?

There is no 10% off pre-order coupon. The coupon I was refering to is the Signup for monthly news letter welcome email that has a coupon for 10% off almost anything but you can only use it if you pay in full for the preorder!!

More trade-in prices for the Wiki:

NDS
Hotel Dusk: $9.00 11/12/07

Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids: $10.00 11/12/07
WarioWare Smooth Moves: $14.00 11/12/07

Now I have Rock Band (PS3) completely paid off. Can't wait to pick it up next week.

Traded in Orange Box 360 today... $30 is the trade value today. With my 40% I got $42... I don't suspect it will last, though, as they already had about 10 copies of it used.

I haven't ever traded in/sold games to GS/EB before: a couple of questions...

I have a copy of Super Smash Bros Melee (GC) that my friend found on the ground (quite literally, found it in the grass outside my house... one of the most interesting "gaming moments" I have ever had!). My GC has no trouble reading it (the disc is still in pretty good condition) but there is no box, manual or anything like that. Will they still take it?

I bought some GBA games from GS back a while ago. I played through some of them and would sell a couple if the price was good. (unfortunately looks like only one game is worth trading in: FF I+II: DoS and the other only worthy game I have is Minish Cap which I want to either keep to play through or sell/trade here on CAG because it would probably get a decent value) Again the games are cart-only, no manuals or boxes. Will GS take these? I differentiate these GBA games from SSBM above because it would seem the GC games are sold at GS with the box but the GBA games are sold cart-only.

I also have that copy of Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade that came bundled with my Star Wars PSP Slim. It says "not for resale" on it so I'm assuming that they won't take this? Again no box but the PSP bundle did come with the manual for it.

I'm thinking about getting rid of some of my old xbox games but they are so worthless that I'm not sure it's even worth it to give them up. I'd trade in a whole stack of them and get maybe like $20, after the 30% bonus. Hell I'd almost rather try to trade or even give them away here on CAG (Splinter Cell for $0.25? give me a break) Are there games so old/common/worthless that they won't even buy them, or will they still buy pretty much anything?

Would you trade in a stack of games and get a small bit of money that would basically pay for an edge card? Or is the card not worth it?

Ruahrc

They used to take off amounts from missing books and boxes...but these days, no problem, pretty much anything goes as long as it isnt too badly beat up. Dunno if the trade deal works for GBA games though. Any alot of the time they wont take "no resale games" however sometimes they make exceptions (read: dont know they arent supposed to take it). Also they pretty much take anything from the current and past generation, but not from the Dreamcast/PS1/N64/Saturn era and back.

I feel that the trade in values are so low. Like a new game they sell for $29.99, the sell used for $24.99 and they buy it used for only $9.

I would have bought someone's copy of Elite Beat Agents for $9 instead of it going to EB.

Do we have a forum on CAG where people who are thinking of selling to EB/GS go to first? The video game trading forum has too many posts to keep track.

Yeah I went and traded in some games yesterday and it seems they have lowered some of the trade in prices for this special. I did get ride of a bunch of junk and paid for my Assassins Creed though so I was happy.

For the Wiki:

PSP:

Field Commander - $7 - 11/13/07
Go! Sudoku - $4 - 11/13/07
Mega Man Powered Up - $5 - 11/13/07
Megal Gear Acid 2 - $1.50 - 11/13/07

PS2:
Ace Combat 5 - $6 - 11/13/07
Madden 06 - $1 - 11/13/07
Madden 03 - $0.20 - 11/13/07
Fight Night Round 2 - $4 - 11/13/07

Today I traded in:
Death Jr. (PSP), $3
Guitar Hero II (PS2), $11
Power Stone Collection (PSP), $6
Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast (PS), $2
Samurai Warriors: State of War (PSP), $6
Virtua Tennis: World Tour (PSP), $2

Ended up with $42 after bonuses.

traded in the following:

gamecube:
cars $6
chronicles of narnia $3
lego star wars $5
medal of honor european assault $5
nba live 06 $3
super mario sunshine $5

ps2:
blitz the league $3
conflict desert storm II $5
dark cloud 2 $5
just cause $6
karaoke revolution american idol $5
ncaa football 07 $4
ratchet and clank going commando $4
tetris worlds $5

[quote name='breakin2']Anyone know what Call of Duty 4 is going for on the 360? I already beat it and may trade it in.[/quote]

I think $30 or $25

[quote name='breakin2']Anyone know what Call of Duty 4 is going for on the 360? I already beat it and may trade it in.[/QUOTE]

probably $35, that's the most I've ever seen a trade in be worth.

Traded in
GBA Monster Trucks 1.50
DS Metroid Prime Pinball 2.00
DS Scurge Hive 1.00
DS Mario Hoops 3 on 3 10.00
PSP The Con 2.00
PSP Gretzky 2.00
PSP ATV Off Road (GH) 1.50
PSP Ultimate G&G 6.00
GC LEGO Star Wars 7.00
GC Beach Spikers 1.00
GC Def Jam Vendetta 1.00

After 50% bonus, got 52.20

I'm about to go out and try to pick up Assassin's Creed. I'm done with Halo 3, and I'm also done with Madden. Both for the 360. Anyone know what those are? Also, I have Condemned, and SSBM for the GC to trade in also. Anyone wanna help?

[quote name='MysticMike01']I'm about to go out and try to pick up Assassin's Creed. I'm done with Halo 3, and I'm also done with Madden. Both for the 360. Anyone know what those are? Also, I have Condemned, and SSBM for the GC to trade in also. Anyone wanna help?[/quote]

Halo 3 trades in for $36 before bonus.

Alright, here's what I got for each game I traded in before the deal

Halo 3- $35.50
after- $45.50

Condemnded- $5.00,
after- $6.50

Madden 08- $ 25.00,
after- $35.00

DOA4- $9.00,
after- $11.70

Super Smash Bros. Melee- $15.00,
after- $19.50

Halo 2- $12.00
after- $15.60

Total= $131.30

Does Gamestop/EBgames still take GBA games for trade? Also would they take that Daxter pack in? It has in small print "not for resale" but i've seen plenty of that kind of stuff under the used section.

[quote name='decon']Traded in
GBA Monster Trucks 1.50
DS Scurge Hive 1.00
PSP The Con 2.00
PSP Gretzky 2.00
PSP Ultimate G&G 6.00
GC LEGO Star Wars 7.00
GC Beach Spikers 1.00
GC Def Jam Vendetta 1.00

After 50% bonus, got 52.20[/quote]

there they traded in a GBA game, so it must still be good though youd probably be better off keeping your game!

[quote name='decon']Traded in
GBA Monster Trucks 1.50
DS Scurge Hive 1.00
PSP The Con 2.00
PSP Gretzky 2.00
PSP Ultimate G&G 6.00
GC LEGO Star Wars 7.00
GC Beach Spikers 1.00
GC Def Jam Vendetta 1.00

After 50% bonus, got 52.20[/quote]

there they traded in a GBA game, so it must still be good though youd probably be better off keeping your game!

Yeah as far as prices go, but im just looking through my stuff for something I may have bought on clearance to just hit that 5 games mark for the extra percentage.

I did quite well with this deal, and they stacked my gameradge card. I did some research, and if I'd used eBay, and count the listing fees, I'd have made less.

I tried to post the trade-in values, but the Cag wiki won't let me register. There's no place to do it :(

I put it all towards my Rock Band pre-order:)

Guess this would be as a good time than any to dump Donkey Konga 1, 2 & Jungle Beat.

If they get anywhere close to what the CAGwiki, I'll be happy since I've been trying to dump them for months. At least now, I'll get a little extra.

Just FYI, I went in tonight, and traded Halo 3, Command and Conquer 3 and used the 3 Burger King games to bump it up to 30 %. With 30 % + edge ($10) + reserve (10 %), I got $54 for Halo 3 and $17 for CnC3.

[quote name='breakin2']Anyone know what Call of Duty 4 is going for on the 360? I already beat it and may trade it in.[/QUOTE]
They're giving $30 for the PS3 version. So I would guess about that price for the X360

bread's done
Back