Trade Requests in Deal Threads

kell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
165 (100%)
Directed towards mods:

I've noticed a crack down on specific requests in deal threads lately. While I understand the need to limit these requests I do think they serve the CAG community. I also understand there is a trading forum and even specific deal trading threads.

Unfortuantely these deal specific threads don't always serve their purpose. For example, the recent TRU deal thread has gotten over 31,000 views while the "Official" trading thread for the clearance has gotten 608 views and is on page 7 of the Trading thread. Ok, you can argue that it has gotten so few views because there isn't demand for it, but I think it is just a lack of exposure that causes the low traffic. With everyone bumping their trade lists, if a deal trade thread isn't stickied it is quickly forgotten and doesn't get the exposure to help. Part of this forum is to help others get in on the deals and get games they don't have access to.

Why is it ok to post a list of all the games one has gotten but if it has a request in it, it gets deleted or modified?

There is still way more off topic posts that "clutter" the threads. I personally don't mind them, but I would rather see request posts that help others than posts talking about off topic stuff.

If you want the games from the deal, you'll pick them up from GameCrazy after I've flipped them like everyone else and like it.

[quote name='kell']For example, the recent TRU deal thread has gotten over 31,000 views while the "Official" trading thread for the clearance has gotten 608 views and is on page 7 of the Trading thread.[/quote]With the exception of mega MEGA clearances, the related trading threads are forgotten about.

Would there be any chance of adding a big button at the bottom of each page in the deal forums, linking to the official trading thread for that clearance?

As an example (because I'm not explaining myself very well), the current penny guide thread is: Reduced Price Game Guides. Right in the OP is a link to the official trading thread, but people still never read the OP, and post their wants and trades from time to time. How about somewhere at the top or bottom of each page of the Penny Guide thread a very prominent button which would link to the related official The Game Guide Trading Clearinghouse?

I realize that as deals are posted, the trading threads usually come later. I'm thinking that the OP of the posted deal or a Mod could edit the OP of the deal threads to include the trading thread (if/when one is opened).

bread's done
Back