Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

You posted in a topic that clearly states in the title ALL CAGS SHOULD READ THIS and then you don't bother to read it? I can see how new CAGS that missed this thread get confused about this... but you should probably actually take the time to read the OP in a thread with big bold letters of ALL CAGS SHOULD READ THIS to find your answer.
ahh I am to lazy to read :D these rules looks like some kind of product terms of Condition and no one reads tos :D

ahh I am to lazy to read :D these rules looks like some kind of product terms of Condition and no one reads tos :D
Service, ToS Terms of Service.

I read the ToS, EULA, et cetera, It is something you should read.

Same with the OP.

It states what can and cannot be traded/sold/purchased on CAG, and all other applicable policies.

You should also read the Paypal thread here

that is no excuse. If you would read the thread title and the information pertaining to the various ToS etc, you would be a lot better off.

please, exercise your literacy. there is actually a thread for problems pertaining to the site here if you should have a question about posting or anything.

Hi im sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but i can figure out where to go and this is the only place it would give me the option to post something i was wondering would anyone be willing to buy a $20 xbox live code to trade for the $20 psn code my wife bought by misteak?

Hi im sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but i can figure out where to go and this is the only place it would give me the option to post something i was wondering would anyone be willing to buy a $20 xbox live code to trade for the $20 psn code my wife bought by misteak?
:wall:

You found this thread but didn't bother to read Post #1? Had you bothered, you would have found out why you aren't allowed to post in the trade/sell forum...

I've been a member of CAG for a while, but never a poster in these forums.  I offered to trade a console digital download title for another digital download title.  I received a response for the trade, however, neither of us have conducted business on this site.

Would it be possible to have a moderator act as an intermediary in a trade such as this?

Thanks in advance.

To be fair, there was a post in between before. Must've been deleted.
All should listen and heed to the wise words of Samuel L. Jackson

mofoyh4au3.gif

The links to the CAG Guide to Trading and Selling and the Training FAQ just bounce back to the main page.

Just fyi, the "Trading FAQ" link in the op sends me to the homepage

Both FAQ links in the OP are dead.

All should listen and heed to the wise words of Samuel L. Jackson

mofoyh4au3.gif
This is the 3rd post that mentions the issue.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/332036-the-links-to-the-cag-guide-to-trading-and-selling-and-the-training-faq-just-bounce-back-to-the-main-page/

MasaTFC has posted a thread on the issue.

Give that thread some love and bring the problem to light!

Last edited by a moderator:
How would I go about reporting retaliatory feedback when scammed?

and how would I go about proving the loss of codes? I'm not trying to get them back but it would further prove that person should not be trusted.

Edit: Thanks for the help guys

and how would I go about proving the loss of codes? I'm not trying to get them back but it would further prove that person should not be trusted.
xYui scammed me too I reported it to the mods and left him negative feedback but the mod's could honestly care less, no follow-up or anything from them. If it was an Amazon Gift Card contact Amazon via email or chat because they helped me out (gave me $20.00 credit). Apparently this guy has an alias account with the name "Bob Smith"

Contact Pookymeister or Trakan to report retaliatory feedback.

Hi, I'm a CAG newbie, I already contacted a mod regarding this issue but I was just wondering if anybody else has any insight into my problem. See, I joined CAG last Friday and I understand, according to the rules, that you can't post a reply in a thread for 2 days since the day you joined but my 2 days has definitely passed and yet I'm not allowed to post in some threads, like the Ultraviolet buy/sell/trade thread for example. Does anyone know why this is? Does one have to be invited? Or do trading threads have a longer wait time until you can post? If anybody has some information, please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi, I'm a CAG newbie, I already contacted a mod regarding this issue but I was just wondering if anybody else has any insight into my problem. See, I joined CAG last Friday and I understand, according to the rules, that you can't post a reply in a thread for 2 days since the day you joined but my 2 days has definitely passed and yet I'm not allowed to post in some threads, like the Ultraviolet buy/sell/trade thread for example. Does anyone know why this is? Does one have to be invited? Or do trading threads have a longer wait time until you can post? If anybody has some information, please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I think you have to wait 30 days to post in those threads.
Reds is correct 30 day wait for trading forum

For a big ticket item or any item in general, how do decide who ships first in a trade if feedback is equal?

Quick question regarding Trade Lists - I read that the rules epmhatically state only having one tradelist open - but when I go to the "master trade your____ here" thread, it seems like people have different lists in each thread (of their respective items obviously).  So it seems like that WOULDN'T be the right place for a master "trade list" - Is THIS ("trading") the sub-forum where I could put a "want list" that included games/etc. from different consoles/systems or should I put separate lists by category in the "master trade your_____ here" sub-forum?

Personally I think its easier/cleaner for me to just have one thread/list where people can see everything I'm looking to buy/trade for and I can just put a link in my signature to it as well - but I just want to make sure I'm doing everything by the book here.  Thanks for the info!

You can have one personal tradelist thread, and one posting in each of the specialized threads. You can put whatever you want in the personal one(within the rules, of course - aka no pr0n), so you can duplicate whatever you put in the other threads or just keep things you don't have it those....up to you.

30 day wait, huh? Thanks for sending me to ebay. This website was almost a good idea.
This is mostly to prevent scammers or flakes, as there is a decent number of people who have created new accounts arrange a trade or sale and never come through on their end or just don't log on anymore.

I only ever had 1 issue with someone who wasn't responding AFTER i had already sent in my side of my trade, but a message to a mod ( who then contacted him) sent him a wake up call because he responded soon after that.

This place is probably more for trading IMO than buying at least that's what i mostly use it for. I really don't see a point in buying things here unless its relatively cheap because if its just about a $2 difference than other online sites its better to just purchase them there since its faster, more convenient and a couple of other things.

I admit the waiting period was kind of annoying, but i figured since i more than likely had or have items others would trade for items i need or want that it wasn't of much concern to me.

This is mostly to prevent scammers or flakes, as there is a decent number of people who have created new accounts arrange a trade or sale and never come through on their end or just don't log on anymore.

I only ever had 1 issue with someone who wasn't responding AFTER i had already sent in my side of my trade, but a message to a mod ( who then contacted him) sent him a wake up call because he responded soon after that.

This place is probably more for trading IMO than buying at least that's what i mostly use it for. I really don't see a point in buying things here unless its relatively cheap because if its just about a $2 difference than other online sites its better to just purchase them there since its faster, more convenient and a couple of other things.

I admit the waiting period was kind of annoying, but i figured since i more than likely had or have items others would trade for items i need or want that it wasn't of much concern to me.
Only a few months late, nbd.

Sorry if this was addressed else where, but what is the proper course of action if someone you traded with doesn't leave you feedback? Even after several times of asking nicely. Should I leave neutral feedback and state they don't leave feedback in the comments?

Uh what? No. You don't leave retaliatory feedback if they don't leave you feedback. If the trade went fine, and they don't want to leave feedback, just forget about it.

Wow so the guy with over 200 feedback gets feedback while the guy at 30 gets shafted. Guess I won't leave anyone feedback anymore.

Sorry if this was addressed else where, but what is the proper course of action if someone you traded with doesn't leave you feedback? Even after several times of asking nicely. Should I leave neutral feedback and state they don't leave feedback in the comments?
Like eBay or Amazon, feedback here is encouraged but in the end optional. I wouldn't let actions of one user change the way you've been using the feedback system.

Like eBay or Amazon, feedback here is encouraged but in the end optional. I wouldn't let actions of one user change the way you've been using the feedback system.
Sadly it isn't just one user. It has been several users recently, I plead and ask nicely, but I am ignored. I can clearly see they read my messages and they choose to ignore me. I believe they do this so they don't ever have to worry about trading first. Keeping the little guys down

It's possible that they aren't accessing CAG from a desktop. I still haven't figured out how to leave feedback on the mobile site, and will often forget when I am at a desktop or on a tablet. In fact I have one feedback to leave that I hope to do tonight - provided I remember.

I get lazy about feedbacks, especially if I think I've left you one at one point in time, since it doesn't raise your score if so.

Plus, it means very little on this site, especially with a lot less mods (especially Shrike, who used to assist a lot with trades).

I think feedback score is no longer based on unique feedback.

Also i think feedback to a degree does mean something - it helps users decide how to proceed (or not proceed) with a trade so definitely should be used. Proper feedback system helps keep actual trade issues down, for sure.

So do promotional game codes like those that come with graphics card promotions fall under the CD keys category?  I have a Batman:AK code from a 980ti purchase I would love to trade for a witcher 3 steam key.  I attempted to on the EVGA forums but ti violates their TOS.

Can't I just advertise my own ebay link on here or is that not allowed? Seems way safer than trusting the CAG feedback system.
People do that as a reference all the time, but CAG's usually only care about CAG feedback, unless you do the transaction through Ebay.

bread's done
Back