Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

[quote name='yantelope']Can anyone here help me get rid of retaliatory feedback? I made a trade with qbkorso. I left negative feedback after he would not pay for shipping after confirming in chat that he would pay shipping. He left negative feedback just saying "Terrible transaction, don't trade with him!" I met all ends of my side and even shipped the game priority mail. Any help removing the retaliatory feedback would be appreciated. I can furnish the trade chat if necessary.[/QUOTE]Both feedbacks were removed.

Never used this portion of the site (letalone sell anything outside Amazon or Ebay) and was wondering how you receive payments. If I understand correctly, all you do is give the buyer your email address, they go to the paypal site, enter it on the "Send Money Online" portion of the site, and that's it?

Was wanting to get rid of some extra steam keys I have but wanted to make sure how it's done before I posted a thread on it.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Never used this portion of the site (letalone sell anything outside Amazon or Ebay) and was wondering how you receive payments. If I understand correctly, all you do is give the buyer your email address, they go to the paypal site, enter it on the "Send Money Online" portion of the site, and that's it?

Was wanting to get rid of some extra steam keys I have but wanted to make sure how it's done before I posted a thread on it.[/QUOTE]

That's correct. It's that simple. Remind people to give you their CAG id when the past though.

[quote name='elessar123']That's correct. It's that simple. Remind people to give you their CAG id when the past though.[/QUOTE]

Quick question. Just sold my first item, got payment, but is there a more efficient way of sending the person the steam key/cd key than through email? To be more specific, is there any way I can send them a message through paypal? All I did was use the email address from their paypal account, and then emailed them from my yahoo mail account. Wasn't sure if that's acceptable or not. I know the buyer can leave notes/comments, but not the seller?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Quick question. Just sold my first item, got payment, but is there a more efficient way of sending the person the steam key/cd key than through email? To be more specific, is there any way I can send them a message through paypal? All I did was use the email address from their paypal account, and then emailed them from my yahoo mail account. Wasn't sure if that's acceptable or not. I know the buyer can leave notes/comments, but not the seller?[/QUOTE]
That's what CAG PM's are for :).

In PayPal, you can send an invoice (and include it), but you woldn't want to send the key before payment, I presume?

[quote name='shrike4242']Both feedbacks were removed.[/QUOTE]

QBKorso just added negative feedback again after it was removed. Help please.

Neo_Prime and I just finished a trade using the CAG marketplace trade system but we can't figure out how to complete it. The last time I used this, there was an option to leave feedback within the trade and close the trade. This time, I don't see such an option. Additionally, the trade shows as "Trade Complete (in Transit)" and within the trade both of our items show up as "items have been received".

Can anyone help me us here?

[quote name='yantelope']QBKorso just added negative feedback again after it was removed. Help please.[/QUOTE]Removed a second time.

skateraXVIII said:
Quick question. Just sold my first item, got payment, but is there a more efficient way of sending the person the steam key/cd key than through email? To be more specific, is there any way I can send them a message through paypal? All I did was use the email address from their paypal account, and then emailed them from my yahoo mail account. Wasn't sure if that's acceptable or not. I know the buyer can leave notes/comments, but not the seller?
That's what CAG PM's are for :).

In PayPal, you can send an invoice (and include it), but you woldn't want to send the key before payment, I presume?
Thanks. If I sell any other steam keys I'll probably just PM them.

Read the CAG Guide to Trading and Selling. This is also part of the FAQ found via the FAQ button at the top of every forum page. Chock full of great tips and best practices for making your trading at CAG as enjoyable as possible. Every CAGer is strongly encouraged to read the entire guide before beginning to trade, buy, or sell.

STOP! Have you really read the Trading FAQ? If not just go do it.
Are the two links in the OP supposed to lead to separate pages? When I click on them, they just bring me back to the CAG homepage (even though the URL bar clearly says it's the CAG trading guide). Is it just me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the two links in the OP supposed to lead to separate pages? When I click on them, they just bring me back to the CAG homepage (even though the URL bar clearly says it's the CAG trading guide). Is it just me?
It looks like the links got borked during the transition to 3.0.

I have a bunch of 1200 Microsoft Point codes from the Microsoft store promotion glitch a while back, are these allowed to be traded/sold here?

I have a bunch of 1200 Microsoft Point codes from the Microsoft store promotion glitch a while back, are these allowed to be traded/sold here?
From the OP

* Questionably-sourced MSP codes, PSN codes or Nintendo codes. These would be sourced from code generators, contest exploits and other non-legal/questionable means. Anyone trying to sell/trade there on CAG is subject to instaban.

Hey,

Why am I unable to post in the PSN trading topic? It's been more than a week since I registered but I still have no permission.

In the OP it states "Nintendo game codes. No Feedback is left." Does this only apply to trading codes for codes or does it also apply if I sold a code?

Hope this is the right spot.....
I have saints row 4 for 360 for sale........
PM offers as long as they aren't ridiculous.....
Ill also have a preorder item that will come with it....

Also selling duex ex and ninja gaiden 2.....

I want to start a Pokemon Rumble U figure trade thread since I don't see one already. I've never created a themed trade thread before and I wanted to make sure that it is allowed/authorized to be created. I already have my personal trade thread that I still use, but I think the community would be better served by a themed thread. Is this something I can do?

I want to start a Pokemon Rumble U figure trade thread since I don't see one already. I've never created a themed trade thread before and I wanted to make sure that it is allowed/authorized to be created. I already have my personal trade thread that I still use, but I think the community would be better served by a themed thread. Is this something I can do?
Would this not go in the "Master trade lists / trade your ____ here" subforum?

Would this not go in the "Master trade lists / trade your ____ here" subforum?
Ah! Didn't realize that was a subforum. Thought it was just a stickied specialty trade thread. I should be alright to post a thread for this there.

EDIT: I guess I can't create a thread in that subforum. Perhaps someone else with access would like to? I just want to find somewhere to trade these.

Ah! Didn't realize that was a subforum. Thought it was just a stickied specialty trade thread. I should be alright to post a thread for this there.

EDIT: I guess I can't create a thread in that subforum. Perhaps someone else with access would like to? I just want to find somewhere to trade these.
I think a mod has to create threads there now. I would PM a mod if I were you. They will answer you a lot faster than on here. You should probably post their reply so that others know what the rules are regarding themed threads in this forum since only certain members can create threads in the "Trade your___" thread. Others have Steam trading card threads, so I don't see why not, but PM a mod, and they'll let you know.

Why can't I just put a post in a trading thread with my list? Does that, too, have a 30 grace period after signing up?
I believe it does have a 30 day wait. It protects the forums, so if someone goes around scamming CAG's, they can't just keep creating new profiles to continue to rip people off. This would stifle the environment in these forums, as only people with well documented feedback would trade with each other, and no one new could ever build up their credibility. That's just a single example, but surely you can understand why the rule exists?

I know it may be frustrating, especially since you already have feedback. By the time you get an answer here, the 30 days will be up ;). I'd suggest to PM a mod, and make sure that is the case. They may be able to work with you on that, who knows? I'd say it's worth a try, so at least you'll be certain. Welcome to CAG, by the way! I hope you have a very positive experience with the site, as most of us do. I wish you the best!

I believe it does have a 30 day wait. It protects the forums, so if someone goes around scamming CAG's, they can't just keep creating new profiles to continue to rip people off. This would stifle the environment in these forums, as only people with well documented feedback would trade with each other, and no one new could ever build up their credibility. That's just a single example, but surely you can understand why the rule exists?

I know it may be frustrating, especially since you already have feedback. By the time you get an answer here, the 30 days will be up ;). I'd suggest to PM a mod, and make sure that is the case. They may be able to work with you on that, who knows? I'd say it's worth a try, so at least you'll be certain. Welcome to CAG, by the way! I hope you have a very positive experience with the site, as most of us do. I wish you the best!
Thanks for the info and the welcome! I'm glad to be here. I guess I'll just be waiting it out to put up my trade list, ahaha.

I've given someone negative feedback but he contacted me and sorted it all out. Who do i contact to have my negative feedback changed to positive? Thanks.

Can a moderator contact me about a scam?? I had a guy contact me about a trade we agreed on a payment I sent payment and then never received my items. Trying to escalate the case in paypal but looking like I will lose out on my money

Contact Casey Ryback or Pookeymeister about these feedback issues.

Sorry, quoting is broken in IE11 browser (but posting was broken in IE9).

so I was just goofing around, and saw that a user "pathlesswill" has received a neutral feedback from a user "for not leaving feedback". This user also left a Positive Feedback concerning the same transaction (I believe) and then decided to leave the neutral.

this does not seem ethical or right or just and is pretty damn uncool. maybe a mod would want to look into this?

so I was just goofing around, and saw that a user "pathlesswill" has received a neutral feedback from a user "for not leaving feedback". This user also left a Positive Feedback concerning the same transaction (I believe) and then decided to leave the neutral.

this does not seem ethical or right or just and is pretty damn uncool. maybe a mod would want to look into this?
The mods aren't going to do anything about this, sadly. I have seen multiple people in the same case...oh well.

If I wanted to trade a broken DS I repaired on the forums, however with a custom color scheme (White system with black buttons for example), but everything else OEM. Would that be considered as "modded"?

If I wanted to trade a broken DS I repaired on the forums, however with a custom color scheme (White system with black buttons for example), but everything else OEM. Would that be considered as "modded"?
I don't think so. Around here, the negative sense of the word refers to internal/software/firmware mods that enable the use of pirated software.

In fact, I know there is at least one thread around here that is about people doing physical mods to their consoles, and that thread has been around for a long time.

I don't think so. Around here, the negative sense of the word refers to internal/software/firmware mods that enable the use of pirated software.

In fact, I know there is at least one thread around here that is about people doing physical mods to their consoles, and that thread has been around for a long time.
All right, thanks!

I have a pending trade with a member whos status says "Trading Timeout - Under Review". I already sent him an Amazon code.  Am I allowed to try to redeem the code myself to void the trade if its unused, or do I have to wait to see how his account issues are resolved?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew some place online to sort lists alphabetically. I used to know of one place where I could type it in and it'd do it, but I forgot. Can anyone help me out?
i'm doing that using google docs. it took some time to move my list to google docs, but it's pretty convenient now.

i can,t post on trading forums
You posted in a topic that clearly states in the title ALL CAGS SHOULD READ THIS and then you don't bother to read it? I can see how new CAGS that missed this thread get confused about this... but you should probably actually take the time to read the OP in a thread with big bold letters of ALL CAGS SHOULD READ THIS to find your answer.

bread's done
Back