Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I have some questions

1. what does CML mean.[/QUOTE]

Check my list. They want you to look at their trade list and see if you are interested in anything. Most people put a link in their signature to their trade list or you can click the little CML icon by their feedback score under their user name (if they use that feature, you need 1 feedback to get that).

Is there anything I can do if I do a trade with someone (both of us completed our end of deal) but then the person doesn't leave feedback and doesn't respond to PMs/emails?

[quote name='Gombay']Is there anything I can do if I do a trade with someone (both of us completed our end of deal) but then the person doesn't leave feedback and doesn't respond to PMs/emails?[/quote]Feedback is highly recommended for both parties to leave for one another, though it's not required. It's considered to be impolite to do a deal and not leave feedback, though it happens. Nothing much you can do about it, if they are really blowing you off on feedback.

Quick question, am I allowed to be left negative feedback for backing out of a deal? There was nothing exchanged, I just found a better deal.

[quote name='ammowasted']So the guy just left me a negative for backing out of a trade, possible for a mod to remove it?[/quote]

He gave me another one....

yes, i left him the negative. we worked out a deal and pended. i suggested he ship first since i had more feedback. he suggested that we cross ship at the same time. he says that he will prove to me that he shipped by taking a pic of the receipt and if i wanted a pic of him packaging the games up. so i give in and say ok. then he tells me that he found my item cheaper and he no longer will do the deal. i feel i gave him the benefit of the doubt, since i have 30 feedback and he has 6, that i would go ahead and cross ship with him providing he sends the pic, then he backs out.

[quote name='seek-and-destroy']yes, i left him the negative. we worked out a deal and pended. i suggested he ship first since i had more feedback. he suggested that we cross ship at the same time. he says that he will prove to me that he shipped by taking a pic of the receipt and if i wanted a pic of him packaging the games up. so i give in and say ok. then he tells me that he found my item cheaper and he no longer will do the deal. i feel i gave him the benefit of the doubt, since i have 30 feedback and he has 6, that i would go ahead and cross ship with him providing he sends the pic, then he backs out.[/quote]
That's not a very good reason to leave negative feedback, but this same guy (pretty sure) backed out of a trade with me also. The thing was, he told me he shipped the game before messaging me back a few days later saying that his brother decided he wanted to keep it. But, I guess this isn't this place for this kind of discussion...

[quote name='Gombay']That's not a very good reason to leave negative feedback, but this same guy (pretty sure) backed out of a trade with me also. The thing was, he told me he shipped the game before messaging me back a few days later saying that his brother decided he wanted to keep it. But, I guess this isn't this place for this kind of discussion...[/quote]
That wasn't me, I know we tried to work something out but we never confirmed it. I would never tell someone I shipped someone without shipping it. That and I don't have a brother.

[quote name='ammowasted']That wasn't me, I know we tried to work something out but we never confirmed it. I would never tell someone I shipped someone without shipping it. That and I don't have a brother.[/quote]
Sorry, I just remembered who it was and yeah, it wasn't you. I'll edit my post.

Just to clarify for myself, we're allowed to trade Computer games, correct? As long as we have all the things it came with?

[quote name='Haniko']Just to clarify for myself, we're allowed to trade Computer games, correct? As long as we have all the things it came with?[/quote]As long as you send along the original media and the CD keys that it came with, yes.

Question:
I have provided a delivery confirmation # to a CAG who has over 30 trades recently. The game was delivered on Wednesday and I have not heard anything and it is Saturday. I have sent a friendly inquiry about our trade and have verified he has been online. How long should I wait before contacting a mod? The person said they would ship once they received my game but I haven't heard anything. I realize people have lives but this person has been logged in after package receipt and friendly PM's and I have had no response. Perhaps I am just used to quick responses but what is the norm?

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Question:
I have provided a delivery confirmation # to a CAG who has over 30 trades recently. The game was delivered on Wednesday and I have not heard anything and it is Saturday. I have sent a friendly inquiry about our trade and have verified he has been online. How long should I wait before contacting a mod? The person said they would ship once they received my game but I haven't heard anything. I realize people have lives but this person has been logged in after package receipt and friendly PM's and I have had no response. Perhaps I am just used to quick responses but what is the norm?[/QUOTE]

When someone ships first I don't always send a message that I have sent. I would give it a few more days and see if the game arrives.

Question: I had a deal in place with someone with no feedback. They were going to send me a game and I would send them some microsoft points. They say yes. A few days later, i ask if theyve shipped the game and they say yes. They then start asking for the codes. I say not until I receive the game since they have no feedback. They then start saying that im not reliable and to call of the trade. Do I leave negative feedback since they claimed to have sent the game first?

[quote name='lakers310']Question: I had a deal in place with someone with no feedback. They were going to send me a game and I would send them some microsoft points. They say yes. A few days later, i ask if theyve shipped the game and they say yes. They then start asking for the codes. I say not until I receive the game since they have no feedback. They then start saying that im not reliable and to call of the trade. Do I leave negative feedback since they claimed to have sent the game first?[/quote]

No feedback since no trade occurred - i.e. nothing was swapped. However, they could be put on the 'bad traders' list.

Question- if I agree to send someone a game in exchange for completing an offer under my referral link, is feedback left by either of us?

[quote name='stewie75']Question- if I agree to send someone a game in exchange for completing an offer under my referral link, is feedback left by either of us?[/quote]Nope.

Referrals in any way aren't feedbackable, if it's one part of the trade or both parts of the trade. Nothing's being risked by the person doing/completing offering the referral link.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nope.

Referrals in any way aren't feedbackable, if it's one part of the trade or both parts of the trade. Nothing's being risked by the person doing/completing offering the referral link.[/quote]

That's what I thought, just makin' sure. Thanks for the quick reply.

I noticed a certian user can bump his list more then 3 times a day. He deletes his old bump and rebumps. How is this done?

[quote name='mer71']I noticed a certian user can bump his list more then 3 times a day. He deletes his old bump and rebumps. How is this done?[/QUOTE]

You answered you're own question.

[quote name='mer71']I noticed a certian user can bump his list more then 3 times a day. He deletes his old bump and rebumps. How is this done?[/quote]

Haha. I delete my own bumps out of my thread just to keep it from getting too cluttered, but never more than three times a day (typically every other day unless I'm trying to find something). I never even thought to delete/bump three times a day, let alone more. :lol:

[quote name='mer71']I noticed a certian user can bump his list more then 3 times a day. He deletes his old bump and rebumps. How is this done?[/quote]

Checked that user, and the bumps are only 3 times a day when you count the deleted posts too - so looks fine.
If you want to delete your posts to keep it clean, thats fine just as long as you count the deleted posts towards the total.

whats the wait time on trades? if youre trading with someone and everytime they say they will ship first they have an excuse why they havent shipped yet and its nearing the 2.5 to 3 week mark since the trade was first set up how long do you need to wait befre you can just end the trade if the items havent been shipped yet?

[quote name='Pookymeister']You can say forget it right now if you want. I assume the original agreement wasn't that it would take that long.[/quote]

we made the deal on a friday and they said they would have the items shipped out on the following monday. when they didnt respond back that monday i messaged them about it and later onr that week they said they were busy with finals and would do it this week monday ( which i understand having been in college) only this week comes and they havent done it yet so im going to message them again today to see if they have sent it out and if not then thats it.

i also sugested they should send it with signature confirmation and to send me the tracking number when they do so. my main concern was that i didnt want to just up and end it and then get a negative feedback i wanted to know that i had waited more than enough time.

[quote name='lokizz']i didnt want to just up and end it and then get a negative feedback i wanted to know that i had waited more than enough time.[/quote]

No feedback can be left for a transaction that did not occur - so no worries there.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']How do you leave feedback for someone who has no history though?[/quote]Do a search for them in the Member List and bring up their profile. You'll see the 0 next to their name, and clicking on that will take you to their iTrader page.

Is it okay if I count a post made past 12 AM EST and before 3 AM EST towards the bump count for the previous day instead of the current one? I decided for myself that it was okay but I should probably ask.

How long should you give someone before raising a complant? Because I'm very close to doing so and don't want to tarnsh someone's name unless I really need to.

It's important to keep in mind that if you're paying via Paypal, you only have so long before you can't file a complaint about not receiving your item. Plus, people do have real lives, and sometimes, they do get in the way of keeping up to date with trades on CAG. In any case, it's always worth involving a mod if there's an issue you're concerned with, as they can conduct inquiries out of the public eye without causing any issues.

[quote name='ohboy10451']where would I leave feedback?[/quote]Quickest way to do it is to click on the iTrader number listed in their avatar off to the left. If they don't have an iTrader number listed, if you to go their profile page, you'll see the 0 you'd need to click on.

[quote name='shrike4242']Quickest way to do it is to click on the iTrader number listed in their avatar off to the left. If they don't have an iTrader number listed, if you to go their profile page, you'll see the 0 you'd need to click on.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to leave feedback for my most recent trade (the user had no prior feedback so I couldn't click on their ITrader number) and tried what you recommended. Unfortunately it asked me for a Beta testing code. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

[quote name='Josef']I was trying to leave feedback for my most recent trade (the user had no prior feedback so I couldn't click on their ITrader number) and tried what you recommended. Unfortunately it asked me for a Beta testing code. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.[/quote]I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong, though my guess is that since that's on the profile screen where that info would be located, it may be a bit funky with the profile changes going on.

As I can assume it's the CAG that left you the most recent feedback, you can click on his name in the feedback he left you, and that will take you to his iTrader page.

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong, though my guess is that since that's on the profile screen where that info would be located, it may be a bit funky with the profile changes going on.

As I can assume it's the CAG that left you the most recent feedback, you can click on his name in the feedback he left you, and that will take you to his iTrader page.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I was able to access his ITrader page through the feedback he left me.

what do you do when youve made a trade left the other person feedback and after they get the game they dont give you feedback back. its been almost a week now and ive messaged them at least 2 or 3 times about it and theyve been on the site numerous times and you still dont get feedback?

i know its nowhere near as big a deal as getting scammed but to me its a common courtesy that once you tget the game and give it a once over you give them the appropriate feedback. its a bit annoying to have to keep asking them to leave you feedback and still worry that if you pester them too much you could get a negative feedback in return,

bread's done
Back