Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/15/2016

[quote name='kube00']Stry-ker...no
Read the rules....
* Modded consoles and console mods of any type. This rule includes other electronics as well, such as an Itouch or IPhone. This is not up for discussion.
* Software such as HDLoader, HDAdvance and the like, due to the possible illegal uses that such applications can be used for. This is not up for discussion.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you..

I've got a trading question. I'm planning on doing some selling/trading now and I'm a bit worried about the false charge back scam on Paypal. What happens if someone tries to do a charge back but the funds have been withdrawn? Or can funds only be withdrawn 30 days after the sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ohram']I've got a trading question. I'm planning on doing some selling/trading now and I'm a bit worried about the false charge back scam on Paypal. What happens if someone tries to do a charge back but the funds have been withdrawn? Or can funds only be withdrawn 30 days after the sale?[/QUOTE]You can withdraw funds instantly from your Paypal account. As soon as you opt to have them sent to you as a check or sent via ETF to your back account, they're out of your Paypal account.

Some payment methods, like eChecks, take time to clear before the money is available in your account.

If someone tries a chargeback when you have funds in your account, Paypal can try to collect the funds out of your attached payment method.

[quote name='shrike4242']You can withdraw funds instantly from your Paypal account. As soon as you opt to have them sent to you as a check or sent via ETF to your back account, they're out of your Paypal account.

Some payment methods, like eChecks, take time to clear before the money is available in your account.

If someone tries a chargeback when you have funds in your account, Paypal can try to collect the funds out of your attached payment method.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

OK, here's my situation. Paid for an item through paypal to a guy on here with 56+ feedback 100%. We were pming back and forth like crazy until I sent payment. Since then I haven't heard anything from him. It will have been a week tomorrow, I have checked his profile and he been on here posting DAILY since I sent he $$, yet NO REPLIES to my PM's. I just sent him a final PM saying if I don't hear from him soon, I would leave neg feedback as well as contact Paypal to try to get my $$ back.

Is it possible his PM box is full?? Or is he just another flake??

So does this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201811
"Beta Codes May Not Be Sold Or Traded For Goods"
Override this rule in this thread above?

* Betas for games. Most TOS's/EULA's for the beta say that the beta discs can't be sold/given away, during the beta or after the beta has expired. Depends on the terms of the EULA/TOS for the beta, though if planning to sell/trade them on CAG, please provide a copy of the EULA/TOS that explains thet can be sold. Without that proof, betas can't be sold.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's never been a beta that allows for sale in its EULA/TOS, so it's a moot point.[/QUOTE]

The Modnation Racers Beta is the one I should have said I am referring to. Its a card inside LBP GotY edition. It has no mention of not for sale/trade in EULA.

Also there are other betas that have been given out at gamestop as promos/bonuses, but I dont have any specific examples.

I do understand that you cant sell/trade betas like MMORPGs that the company has sent the specific individual the cd/beta license, but these generic betas are handed out wily-nily or just freely available. And I am asking so people stop posting "BETAS MAY NOT BE SOLD OR TRADED" at every opportunity.

So after a few days of going back and forth with offers, someone agreed to a trade with me. Since he had lower feedback he agreed to send his end of the trade first. I told him that I would pack up his games and send them as soon as he gave me the delivery confirmation. I spent time and my own money to go out and purchase a box, bubble wrap and packing tape to make sure these games arrived to this person in great condition.

Days and days go by and I dont hear anything from this person even though I see him online every single day. After 4 days, I see the person online again so I send them a PM asking what the status was and telling them I have their package ready to go. All I needed was a delivery confirmation number. This person chooses to ignore my PM's. By this time I can tell something is wrong and I become a bit agitated. Finally, I see this person online again 6 days after the trade was agreed to and PM them again asking what was up. I remained civil the entire time.

The person finally returns my PM (I'm guessing PM number 4) saying nothing other than they are cancelling the trade. I promptly return their PM explaining how I've spent time and money on the box, wrap, and tape. I also tell them how I've turned down other offers for the exact games I was trading to him and the games I am supposed to be recieving in return. I also miss out on a pretty sweet amazon black friday deal for one of the games I am supposed to be receiving from this person. I ask for some sort of explanation as to why he was cancelling the trade. Of course, I am ignored by the person.

Is this ground for negative feedback or am I just going to have to accept this situation and mark them as a bad trader on my tradelist?

Thanks, and sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit enraged by the situation :)

[quote name='Dahk']So after a few days of going back and forth with offers, someone agreed to a trade with me. Since he had lower feedback he agreed to send his end of the trade first. I told him that I would pack up his games and send them as soon as he gave me the delivery confirmation. I spent time and my own money to go out and purchase a box, bubble wrap and packing tape to make sure these games arrived to this person in great condition.

Days and days go by and I dont hear anything from this person even though I see him online every single day. After 4 days, I see the person online again so I send them a PM asking what the status was and telling them I have their package ready to go. All I needed was a delivery confirmation number. This person chooses to ignore my PM's. By this time I can tell something is wrong and I become a bit agitated. Finally, I see this person online again 6 days after the trade was agreed to and PM them again asking what was up. I remained civil the entire time.

The person finally returns my PM (I'm guessing PM number 4) saying nothing other than they are cancelling the trade. I promptly return their PM explaining how I've spent time and money on the box, wrap, and tape. I also tell them how I've turned down other offers for the exact games I was trading to him and the games I am supposed to be recieving in return. I also miss out on a pretty sweet amazon black friday deal for one of the games I am supposed to be receiving from this person. I ask for some sort of explanation as to why he was cancelling the trade. Of course, I am ignored by the person.

Is this ground for negative feedback or am I just going to have to accept this situation and mark them as a bad trader on my tradelist?

Thanks, and sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit enraged by the situation :)[/QUOTE]
Similar situation for me. Seller cancelled on me. Can i leave negative?

PM a mod and get them on the bad trader list. Not worthy of a negative feedback if there was no actual transaction imo.

I hope this is the right place to ask. I have a 1600 Xbox points card I'm looking to trade for a $20 PSN card. What would be the best way to go about it without the fear that I will get ripped off? I figured I would sell the points for cash, then buy a PSN card, but anything to save time would be better for me.

Can something be done about feedback being left for trading Nintendo game codes? That's a lot more minor than PSN gamesharing but it seems like that's allowed. Not to single him out but muzras seems to have a lot of those.

[quote name='OwenRocky']I hope this is the right place to ask. I have a 1600 Xbox points card I'm looking to trade for a $20 PSN card. What would be the best way to go about it without the fear that I will get ripped off? I figured I would sell the points for cash, then buy a PSN card, but anything to save time would be better for me.[/QUOTE]

I think it ultimately depends on the person. You should make sure you look at the person's iTrader first. Normally, if a person's iTrader is pretty high, I wouldn't bother trading my XBL for cash, etc.. since paypal takes a certain amount for fees. I feel relatively safe trading with an experienced CAG.

However, if you do want to be on the safe side, you should definitely attempt to trade your XBL for Paypal and then buy a PSN card. But yeah, depends on the CAG. Just make sure you look at their join date and their iTrader rating first. If their iTrader is very high, you shouldn't feel nervous when giving your code out first.

[quote name='Hostile']Can something be done about feedback being left for trading Nintendo game codes? That's a lot more minor than PSN gamesharing but it seems like that's allowed. Not to single him out but muzras seems to have a lot of those.[/QUOTE]It shouldn't be allowed, no.

As it wasn't in the thread (it is now), we can't go back and remove it retroactively, though I'll make sure it's understood from this point forward.

Same goes for My Coke Rewards, Pepsi points and the like.

[quote name='flagg1216']What about trading pre-order/promotional codes for other codes? is that allowed?[/QUOTE]Sure, you can trade them, just don't expect feedback for them.

I am in for a big loss I think. Last week I started making trades and started my own trading thread. I got a Pm from someone who said he had all 3 of the 360 games I was looking for and he wanted 5 of my PS3 games, so I could pick a couple more from his list. After we agreed on what we were trading, I had to ship first because my feedback was 0 and his was 4. I sent him the games and he recieved them. I kept sending him PMs asking where my part of the deal was. He first responded that the games I sent him had to be picked up at the post office because noone was home for delivery so his mother was going to pick them up the next day. I then waited and he never PMed me about his games to ship me. I kept sending him messages asking for a picture of the games he is supposed to send and he sent me a message that he didn't have a camera. Finally he got back to me yesterday and said that he would ship them out and give me a tracking number today. He keeps jumping on and offline and is now avoiding me. I have no idea what to do??

Question, I couldn't find anything regarding XBLA game codes not being allowed, yet a post I just made less than 30 minutes ago has already disappeared. My bookmark for it is also broken.

Am I not allowed to post the codes I have available and what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

I'm a bit unclear on the rules for this - I just gave a 48-hour code to a user in exchange for a GoW2 DLC code. Would it be appropriate to leave feedback for this, or would the fact that we're trading codes through PMs make it fall outside the feedback system?

Is it possible to leave negative feedback (or at least nuetral feedback) if a seller cancels their lowball without warning?

The way I read into the feedback rules seems to imply that unless an exchange takes place no feedback can be left, but given that a lowball bid is the "promise to exchange" it seems like the feedback system should provide some way to incorporate situations like this, as they may be early indicators for future negative activity.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Is it possible to leave negative feedback (or at least nuetral feedback) if a seller cancels their lowball without warning?

The way I read into the feedback rules seems to imply that unless an exchange takes place no feedback can be left, but given that a lowball bid is the "promise to exchange" it seems like the feedback system should provide some way to incorporate situations like this, as they may be early indicators for future negative activity.[/QUOTE]Lowball sales have been agreed to be a binding, eBay-style agreement between buyer and seller, though it's normally the buyers that tend to back out in these situations, not sellers. When the buyer backs out, it's neg-feedback worthy, because of the assumption of a binding agreement between parties. The same should be the case if the seller packs up and calls it a day on their lowball.

PM me the seller's name in question and I'll look into it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread or any other time, but one thing has been bugging me about trading here for about a year.

Why can people post lists of things without prices? I'm a bit tired of playing "guess the magic price number in-my-head". Can it be made mandatory to have prices listed with their games here on this board? It would make dealings much easier and quicker. At least it would provide a starting point that all can see.

Also sellers listing things they don't want to trade and only to show off their collection in the sale list does nothing but ruin search results for particular games.

How do we report a suspected bad trader? I've pm'd a mod for two seperate issues now one of them being a bad trader and I never get a response???

[quote name='blissskr']How do we report a suspected bad trader? I've pm'd a mod for two seperate issues now one of them being a bad trader and I never get a response???[/QUOTE]
I PM'd Pookymeister about a bad trade experience and now that trader is on probation...

[quote name='blissskr']How do we report a suspected bad trader? I've pm'd a mod for two seperate issues now one of them being a bad trader and I never get a response???[/QUOTE]I've never seen any PMs about this issue, and it's usually myself or Pookymeister that handles those issues.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've never seen any PMs about this issue, and it's usually myself or Pookymeister that handles those issues.[/QUOTE]
Ok I resent it too you.

[quote name='mike.m']What is with all of the live accounts being posted for sale lately? Nobody read the rules?[/QUOTE]

That rule isn't posted in the trading forum specifically.

What is the process to follow for a Lowball Auction gone horribly horribly wrong?

Auction Holder is refusing to send items purchased after payment was submitted over 60 days ago.

[quote name='iambeaker']What is the process to follow for a Lowball Auction gone horribly horribly wrong?

Auction Holder is refusing to send items purchased after payment was submitted over 60 days ago.[/QUOTE]PM me the particulars and I'll look into it.

-Should I be worried about retaliatory feedback if I have a negative experience and I completed my end of the deal with no issues?
  • Retaliatory feedback will be removed, provided sufficient proof can be shown that it is unwarranted. For example, if user 1 ships an item timely and user 2 doesn't ship for a month. User 1 leaves feedback and User 2 retaliates.

I think I'm a victim of this^. What is the next step I take?

Just for clarification because I'm dumb. On PSN shares, can we feedback it as a non game related trade? I've done a couple with severe nubs (< 10 days) and it went great and I wanted to find a way to help em out on good feedback.

[quote name='speedracer']Just for clarification because I'm dumb. On PSN shares, can we feedback it as a non game related trade? I've done a couple with severe nubs (< 10 days) and it went great and I wanted to find a way to help em out on good feedback.[/QUOTE]

i dont believe any kind of feedback can be left since you are not technically trading/selling anything. its more like you guys are just throwing in on a purchase of an item.

[quote name='speedracer']Just for clarification because I'm dumb. On PSN shares, can we feedback it as a non game related trade? I've done a couple with severe nubs (< 10 days) and it went great and I wanted to find a way to help em out on good feedback.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i dont believe any kind of feedback can be left since you are not technically trading/selling anything. its more like you guys are just throwing in on a purchase of an item.[/QUOTE]
Correct. PSN shares aren't applicable for feedback.

Is there any way to change my thread title in the cag trading section? Basically I originally wanted to sell brand new arcade 360's but with the recent price drop I need to go into a different general thread title direction.

-thanks

[quote name='John187']Is there any way to change my thread title in the cag trading section? Basically I originally wanted to sell brand new arcade 360's but with the recent price drop I need to go into a different general thread title direction.

-thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you just after going into edit. You select "Go Advanced", and you can change the title of your thread :)

Free advice to sellers: If I'm offering you money, I'd recommend you don't stop answering my PMs halfway through a possible transaction. This has happened numerous times now. I understand you're busy, but you're not anonymous. I can see you online updating your list and posting in other threads. If you've got the time for that, you've got the time to tell me if you're no longer interested. /rant

[quote name='Viperx116']Would it be a good for idea to require sellers to list their prices? Other forums have policies and I really like it.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has time to keep track of values of games.

- A game value goes down then you look like an ass for having the price too high.
- A game value goes up then you lose money or look like an ass by asking the person spend more

I tried to price my stuff but I couldn't keep up. If someone asks me how much for X I'll look up current selling prices and go from there.

In that case, it's up to the traders in question. Shipping at the same time would be the fairest answer. But of course, this is reserved for CAGs that have not been banned previously for trading violations.

Hello mods, Pooky/Shrike in particular...
Quick question for you, since I just got my site set up this month, I have made some sales on it and a CAG that found the deal through my tradelist wanted to know if feedback was appropriate. I believe that the GFC service in the Canadian deals thread works that way, but I just wanted to verify if we are able to exchange feedback or not. Thanks!

bread's done
Back