Trading in my 360 at gamestop

Skuttie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I have an old 20 gigger that's on its last legs (DVD drive going, OOW) and with the PS3 slim was wondering what I'd get in store credit for the following, since the wiki seems to be outdated. I'd ebay the thing but I don't have a paypal account and I don't wanna void the warranty and had planned on picking up an Elite if they get a price drop. Anyway, what's my junk get in store credit?

first party wireless controller
20 gig HDD
360 system w/ wireless controller
2 play and charge kits
wired headset
Blazblue Collectors Edition (360)
Neopets The Wand of Wishing (PSP)
Bubble Bobble Evolution (PSP)
Silent Hill Homecoming (360)
Mirrors Edge (360)
Call of Duty 4 (360)
Silent Hill 2 (xbox)
Siren (PS2)
Resident Evil 5 (360)

Bring it all to the store, ask how much, then say okay, or no thanks. Simple as that. Asking here yields no answers.

Yeah I'll see what they say when I go up there the 24th and will shoot you a pm Kele if I decide not to trade it all in. Thanks folks.

The Elite is getting a price drop to $300 at the end of the month FYI.

Also Gamestop no longer accepts XBox 1 trade-ins so they won't give you anything for Silent Hill 2.

You wouldnt make out too badly, I know some of the prices you can get off the top of my head: (dont quote me though they may not be EXACT)

first party wireless controller = $20
20 gig HDD = $10-12
360 system w/ wireless controller = $70
2 play and charge kits = $3-4 each
wired headset = around $2

Blazblue Collectors Edition (360) = around $15-20
Neopets The Wand of Wishing (PSP)
Bubble Bobble Evolution (PSP)
Silent Hill Homecoming (360) = $8-10
Mirrors Edge (360) = $8-10
Call of Duty 4 (360) = $15-20
Silent Hill 2 (xbox) = (wont take)
Siren (PS2) = $2-3
Resident Evil 5 (360) = $15-20

Take into account edge card if you have one you'll probably get close to $200 store credit or a bit over

Does anyone know off the top of thier heads or have any experience trading in a broken xbox 360 and how much you get for it?

I ask cuz mine just got the 3rl and I know they give less for it. I would call but gs is closed right now. I'll call in the morning and report back if noone reponds by then.

I don't think they would take a broken one.

Isn't the 3rrod covered by a 3 year MS warrenty anyways?

Just call up 1-800-4MY-XBOX if it was made less than 3 years ago, send it in, and they'll send you a new/refurb one.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Does anyone know off the top of thier heads or have any experience trading in a broken xbox 360 and how much you get for it?

I ask cuz mine just got the 3rl and I know they give less for it. I would call but gs is closed right now. I'll call in the morning and report back if noone reponds by then.[/QUOTE]

They wont take it. I'll buy it for $20 + shipping ;)

[quote name='dabamus']Just call up 1-800-4MY-XBOX if it was made less than 3 years ago, send it in, and they'll send you a new/refurb one.[/QUOTE]

I would also say to call Microsoft, but use this number instead:

866-506-3826

That should get you to US-based customer support. They're much easier to deal with and understand than the Calcutta-based group at the main number quoted above.

[quote name='saturnotaku']I would also say to call Microsoft, but use this number instead:

866-506-3826

That should get you to US-based customer support. They're much easier to deal with and understand than the Calcutta-based group at the main number quoted above.[/QUOTE]

wow thats awesome thanks.

Yea I was gonna call support as I'm not new to this (3rl for the third times now) :(

I'm thinking now to just do the towel trick to get it working long enough so I can get credit for it at gs.

Usually I would have MS just repair it, but I've been wanting a 120 gig hd and wouldn't mind having the a new chipset for once since my system is still a launch unit.

Right now gs has a deal where you get an extra $20 trade in on consoles; so I would get $90 and then when I transfer my hd to the new one I can trade that in and probably get $10 for it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

You'd get $20-25 for the hard drive after Ebay selling costs, so net at least $110. Not bad when you can get a new Core system with the Jasper chipset for $170-180, or an Elite with the 120GB hard drive for $230 or so.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']I'm thinking now to just do the towel trick to get it working long enough so I can get credit for it at gs[/QUOTE]

Dont do that fucking bullshit and leave another gamer with your problem. People like you are fucking shit bricks. If you do this I hope when you walk out of the store you are robbed and beaten. Seriously.

[quote name='Malik112099']Dont do that fucking bullshit and leave another gamer with your problem. [/QUOTE]

Agreed- why not get it repaired before you trade it in? It won't cost you anything but time, you don't have to worry about it crapping out during the trade-in test, and nobody gets stuck with a paperweight. Plus, you'll probably get a free month of live to add on to your new 360.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Does anyone know off the top of thier heads or have any experience trading in a broken xbox 360 and how much you get for it?

I ask cuz mine just got the 3rl and I know they give less for it. I would call but gs is closed right now. I'll call in the morning and report back if noone reponds by then.[/QUOTE]

They charge $ 30 refurb fee.

My 3rd Xbox 360 to die died from a vdeo error (I could hear everything, but there was no video output at all. I took it to Gamestop to trade it in on my extended warranty and the manager said "Oh - those warranties go concurrent with your Xbox factory warranty. Sorry. We can give you $40 for it broken." I say no thanks. She tried to take the receipt. I took the receipt back and carted my Xbox back out of the store. I know what I was told and on one previous occasion (the 2nd 360), the warranty in Virginia had run end to end.

I had to go to West Virginia the next week and I was aware that some states force Gamestop by law to run the warranties back to back instead of concurrently. I called Gamestop to check the policy and got in a pseudo argument with the rep in order to get more information. I claimed WV was one of the states where GS had to go end to end. She denied it and quoted to me that there were only 5 states/territories that required this - FL, AZ, OR, WI and Puerto Rico. That was all I needed. I shipped my 360 to a relative in Florida. She returned it with my VA receipt to the Gamestop. They gave her a new 360 and she shipped it back to me. Bastards.

Thanks for my new 360, GS! I can't buy an extended warranty from you anymore, but your previous one paid off yet again :)

[quote name='Malik112099']Dont do that fucking bullshit and leave another gamer with your problem. People like you are fucking shit bricks. If you do this I hope when you walk out of the store you are robbed and beaten. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Dude chill. I am getting it repaired. It occurred to me after I posted that someone else would get stuck with it. I was just thinking about screwing over gs at first when common sense kicked in.

Edit: also if you buy a used 360 at gs to begin with you are pretty much asking for it to crap out on you sooner than buying it new anyway.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Dude chill. I am getting it repaired. It occurred to me after I posted that someone else would get stuck with it. I was just thinking about screwing over gs at first when common sense kicked in.

Edit: also if you buy a used 360 at gs to begin with you are pretty much asking for it to crap out on you sooner than buying it new anyway.[/QUOTE]

Somehow, I don't believe you. Partly because of that second comment, but mostly because I really don't believe you had a complete change of heart in that short a time span.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Dude chill. I am getting it repaired. It occurred to me after I posted that someone else would get stuck with it. I was just thinking about screwing over gs at first when common sense kicked in.

Edit: also if you buy a used 360 at gs to begin with you are pretty much asking for it to crap out on you sooner than buying it new anyway.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it; they refurb them all anyway. If anyone is buying a used 360 and doesn't realize that it was busted already and then fixed, well, they must be very naive.

bread's done
Back