Transformers 2 [Blu-Ray] Futureshop Steelbook

AccordTR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FSM2171118&catid=27850

Ok so here is the deal, I will take names for those that are interested BUT please realize that this steelbook is different. Futureshop will only give you a steelbook when you buy the regular amaray blu-ray, ie the disc is not in the case, much like Snow White was at Best Buy USA. There is also a limit online of 1.

I buy in store and have had never had an issue with limits, so I dont see any problem buying in store. I dont know exactly how the steel will work in store, I assume I will have to buy an amaray version and then they will give me a steel. I will have to wait till release day to see.

Anyways I can take names, I cant promise anything but that I will try my best....

1-2. LinkinPrime x2 (CAG)
3-4. Thenyrfan (CAG)
5. Mako1215 (CAG)
6. Sephiroth61787 (CAG)
7. Koji126 (CAG)
8. Opterasis (CAG)
9. Biggie79 (HDD)
10-11. Thebigc321 (CAG)
12. Maximus101 (CAG)
13. Rhyder (BLU)
14. Chucki Norris (CAG)
15. Fewychewy (CAG)
16. Kragit (CAG)
17. OneEye (BLU)
18. Jetthead (HDD)
19-25. Apsmith21 (HDD) X7
26. OneEye (BLU)
27. Laserdogg
28. dougalast (BLU)
29. richfell (BLU)
30. Che (BLU)
31. Chip718 (BLU)
32. andrewski1979 (BLU)
33-36. sconde (BLU)
37. eman (BLU)
38-39. Indiehjaerta (CAG)
40. Richfell (BLU)
41-43. Craig02 (BLU)
44. Pellaeon (BLU)
45-46. Thaima1shu (CAG)
47-49. DarkRider23
50. Bdg7884 (CAG)
51. AtTeR (CAG)
52. Rweekes (HDD)
53. Starbury805 (CAG)
54. Nycomet (BLU)
55. MarkG (HDD)
56. Beatngurnuts (CAG)
57. AgentEW (CAG)
58. Darkflight (CAG)
59-60. Leftwing1018 (CAG)

Last edited by a moderator:
its the same way as SW pre-order. I put $7.50 down for pre-ordering the regular amaray case + receive a free steelbook. I don't know if TF2 steelbook is already released with no disc inside. LMK how it work, but make sure u ask for the case itself, I don't want the amaray case if is optional.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']its the same way as SW pre-order. I put $7.50 down for pre-ordering the regular amaray case + receive a free steelbook. I don't know if TF2 steelbook is already released with no disc inside. LMK how it work, but make sure u ask for the case itself, I don't want the amaray case if is optional.[/QUOTE]

It is not the same as SW, they are not giving the steel till release day it seems. It does not seem to be only pre-order, the steels will be in store on release day. It looks like 'bring the amaray to the till, get a steel.'

Maybe I am missing something here but why is the price so much? 41.00 for a BD movie is a tad much. Even if it comes with a "Free" steelbook this doesnt seem like a deal IMO. Maybe I'm wrong but I think I'll just grab it at BB the day it drops.

They adjust the price as it nears release, wait a few days before release and I'm sure it'll drop a bit.

BestBuy.com does it all the time too.

In for one maybe. What would be around your final cost for this?

I'm tentatively in, based on what the final price is going to be. If it drops a bit I'll want a copy, but not at the current price.

Futureshop usually posts high at release, as we get closer it usually drops to $29.99-$32.99, all steels have been this way. Final price will be completely based on final release price. It will be around what ever the final price, tax, shipping materials, paypal fees, some profit for the work, and us/canada exchange at time of release. If it drops in price I would think around $50ish.

I'd like to be put down for 1.

And I bet they're doing this because the regular Blu-Ray packaging has some special "Optimus Experience" thing with it and they can't do that with the steelbook.

*I am not a troll*

*usually*

but seriously, I just saw this at the dollar movies last week and thought it was maybe worth the dollar admission. I would have felt ripped off if I had spent $10 to see this when it came out, and now people are paying $40+ for a copy of it?

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

*carry on*

[quote name='plong']*I am not a troll*

*usually*

but seriously, I just saw this at the dollar movies last week and thought it was maybe worth the dollar admission. I would have felt ripped off if I had spent $10 to see this when it came out, and now people are paying $40+ for a copy of it?

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

*carry on*[/QUOTE]

thanks for your opinion but please don't dump in my thread. Can a mod delete this please

Ok, so assuming it stays at $32.99, and the US/Canadian dollar also remains at current rates, the final price should be $52 shipped to US. I know this might seem a little highier, but this is because the disk is NOT in the steelbook. You have to buy the amaray, ie regular blu-ray, and then at the till they are going to give you the steelbook. This means I have to ship both the amaray and the steelbook together, so basically its like two cases/movies. Due to lovely Canada Post, this pushes into the next weight price group, so it will cost me over $10 bucks to ship to the US, even highier for overseas, blah to say the least. Either way, it should be a go to get these on release day, as the sku is added to store, so no need to pre-order to get it.

ALL ORDERS WILL GO OUT IN A BOX, WITH BUBBLE WRAP, AS 2 CASES WON'T FIT IN A PADDED ENVELOPE.

Jamie, does Canada Post offer flat rate shipping?

EDIT: I did a research that will ship to USA in 1 eBay box size of 11"x8.5"x5" via expedited parcel for $18 flat for up to (5 kg.) 11 lbs. Basically, it can fit up to 22-23 pieces (18-19 by row, 2 by side & 2 by top). If it fits, it ships! LOL!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Jamie, does Canada Post offer flat rate shipping?

EDIT: I did a research that will ship to USA in 1 eBay box size of 11"x8.5"x5" via expedited parcel for $18 flat for up to (5 kg.) 11 lbs. Basically, it can fit up to 22-23 pieces (18-19 by row, 2 by side & 2 by top). If it fits, it ships! LOL![/QUOTE]

Not sure about that, don't have a box that size. I also never seen any flat rate by Canada post, they measure and weigh everything to the gram. I sent 12 watchmen to the us in a smaller box and that was over $30.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Go to eBay.ca, look for flat rate shipping section. Order the boxes for free.[/QUOTE]

I will take a look see.

Nope, no good.... http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/CanadaPostFlatRateBox__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Items have to be sold through ebay, and you MUST include the item number, and be filled out via eBays "Canada Post Shipping Zone." It does not work with just paypal funds, just tried. Oh well.

oh well. here in US offer different size of flat rates. the cheapest ones to ship anywhere in the world are small flat rate box & envelope for $12 & up to 4 lbs.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']oh well. here in US offer different size of flat rates. the cheapest ones to ship anywhere in the world are small flat rate box & envelope for $12 & up to 4 lbs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you guys get such cheap shipping through usps. Canada post is flat out money hungry and a complete rip off. I get a steel sent from you to me in a box, it's like $4. I send the same package back and it's like $8-9. Complelety over priced.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']how far can you drive to US border?[/QUOTE]

About two hours to Grand Forks ND, already thought of that for the 150ish TDK's I sold, would have saved the ton on shipping. Only problem is that the US/Canada boarder crossing might nail me for trying to bring 50+ movies into the country.

Well, cost is turning out to be a bit higher than I'd like, so I'm going to have to say count me out for now. Can't really justify $50+ on a movie.

You're missing a number 37 in the list.
Just wanted to make sure you added me for 2 of this atm it only looks like one.

I'm very thankful for you helping me Jamie.

thinking about the resale of steelbooks, is this a good investment to sell some on ebay? I just checked a completed listing of an Iron Man steelbook that was only available at futureshop that sold for $140 shipped.. anyone think that this will sell the same way?

[quote name='leftwing1018']thinking about the resale of steelbooks, is this a good investment to sell some on ebay? I just checked a completed listing of an Iron Man steelbook that was only available at futureshop that sold for $140 shipped.. anyone think that this will sell the same way?[/QUOTE]

All depends on how rare they are. Iron Man was rare to say the least. I would guess that if any one was to be worth a good investment it's this one. Qty is low, and the limit of 1 really hinders people getting them.

yeah, but it does seem limited as it is only 1 per household online, and it seems like other futureshop steelbooks (e.g. Iron Man) sell for $150+ on ebay

i agree that it is possible it wont reach that high, but i think think there is a fair chance it will be a high demand movie

bread's done
Back