Transformers The Game - Gen. Disscussion & Info

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I heard that they have G1 skins for some characters. Anyone know if that's true or can confirm it?[/quote]

Check the OP, I posted the codes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Check the OP, I posted the codes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I skipped over the OP.

I played it for about an hour tonight and it's actually better than I expexted it to be. I can imagine myself beating this game in the next two or three days. I'm just pissed you can't use Tyrese :cry: He's gonna make the movie!!!!

Ok had plenty of time to test it out heres my take on it.

The game is a mixture of a Driving/Shooter/Beat-em-up/Platform. The transformations are really smooth, really fun to transform back and forth from robot to car.

Car mode: Can take a bit to get used to, specially with such a close camera angle, you don't have the option to zoom out. As your driving you can press the LT for nitrus that will give you a long boost of speed as you hold it, you can use your machine guns with the RT and shoot what looks like grenade launchers with RB.

Robot mode:
Feels a little slower, specially compared to driving, could use an option to sprint, but then again, you could always transform into a car. Virtually anything in the game you can pick up with the B button, trees, lightposts, signs, vehicles...etc. Jumping towards a building, will have your robot grip sides of the building and you can climb up and on top of them. The same 2 weapons are available in robot mode, machine guns and grenade launchers, same buttons, RT and RB. Only difference here is that you can block with LT and melee with X. There's really no combos, moves are limited to 3-4 hits.

The Levels: Are open ended to a point...you have a big area to explore and you have color indicators like Midnight Club Dub along with a radar to guide you to your next mission or side missions/mini games. There are items scattered throughout the levels, items that look like energon, Autobot/Decepticon logo icons, and side mission/mini games icons. There are 100 energon looking cubes per map, collecting these unlocks various bonuses like movie screenshots, comic covers, movie trailers and G1 skins. You can explore the level as much as you want and cause destruction, but once you start a mission, it gets harder with tons of enemies coming at you.

Enviroments/Enemies:
Everything is virtually destructible and when you are fighting enemies and getting tossed into buildings, you really get a sense of destructions, building walls fall appart, buildings catch on fire, you can kick cars, shoot them, pick them up and throw them. The destruction alone is awesome to experience. The game features, transforming drones that attack you throughout the level as well as the cops and Sector 7 agents via car, tanks, helicopters...etc. Most of these are pretty easy, but can get challenging, when you have a screen full of them all aiming at you. I haven't experienced any slowdown at all, and I've had tons of explosions going on as well as a bunch of vehicles driving around.

Downsides:
Collision detection, needs work, it won't really affect how you play that much, but it can be quite disturbing when your driving 80mph into a tree and come to a complete stop, you can't move around it unless you reverse or transform and move away. The camera is pretty good, but when you're in a tree surrounded area, you can lose sight of your hero/villan quick.

In Closing: If youre a hard core TF fan, definately pick this game up. If you are curious about the game, I'd say wait till it hits the $30 mark. Its not the best game out there, but its definately fun and satisfies my Transformers needs for now.

If you guys have any questions let me know.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']In Closing: If youre a hard core TF fan, definately pick this game up. If you are curious about the game, I'd say wait till it hits the $30 mark. Its not the best game out there, but its definately fun and satisfies my Transformers needs for now.[/QUOTE]

Your review is spot on! The collision detection is my main gripe so far, but overall I've played worse. So far, this isn't half as bad as I was expecting.

I may wait until this hits $30 like Link said; I just can't get burned again like I did with Spiderman 3 (though I'm still looking forward to Friend or Foe) ... if it wasn't for my son I'd be trading that in.

They should've gotten old soundbites of Chris Latta doing Starscream's voice from the old G1 cartoon and just edited them within the game. Bringing back some of the orginal voices just gives it that extra Transformers feel. Once I heard Megatron say, "EXCELLENT." I just lol.

I'm slowly warming up to these new models but I still can't get over how awkward Starscream looks. It seem with everyone else they kept some kind of distingushing physical apperance, but made poor ol' Starscream top heavy.

My review was just based off of playing the Autobots missions, I did a couple Decepticon missions late last night....OMG destruction is soooo much fun.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My review was just based off of playing the Autobots missions, I did a couple Decepticon missions late last night....OMG destruction is soooo much fun.[/QUOTE]

I played a little of both and I gotta say the Decepticons are much more fun.

I'm also loving the achivements theres good balance on those and I love the more obscure ones, like "Stop your enemy in their tracks!! Use a large tire to harm your enemy." which are "secret" achievements, and theres tons of those.

is that the fight at the end of saving Jazz from being bullied...lol..if so i am stuck there too, not sure how i am supposed to hit him

edi: oh wait...nevermind i forgot who blackout was for a sec

[quote name='Jedi1979']is that the fight at the end of saving Jazz from being bullied...lol..if so i am stuck there too, not sure how i am supposed to hit him

edi: oh wait...nevermind i forgot who blackout was for a sec[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm currently playing through the Decpticon side right now. But I think I got how to beat them.

[quote name='Jedi1979']is that the fight at the end of saving Jazz from being bullied...lol..if so i am stuck there too, not sure how i am supposed to hit him

edi: oh wait...nevermind i forgot who blackout was for a sec[/quote]
Haven't gotten to Blackout yet.

As far as Jazz getting beat, all you have to do is get to his location ASAP before his health deteriorates, once there a small cutscene will appear, beat the crap out of the Decepticons, and repeat until the mission ends.

As for those of you who are on Prime or beat Prime's missions:
Was anyone else shocked/excited to see Shockwave? :D

i was refering to Ironhide fighting that cement truck and i would always chuckle seeing Jazz getting kicked while on the ground:lol: ...but i was able to finally figure it out...and it was cool seeing
Shockwave, is he in the movie?

Got to Megatron's levels and you have to destroy some of the city, then beat up some autobot drones, then destroy some more of the city, beat up some autobot drone, etc..... My eyes are tired of seeing crap blow up. I play too many RPGs, I'm used to seeing so many explosions. :headache:

[quote name='Jedi1979']i was refering to Ironhide fighting that cement truck and i would always chuckle seeing Jazz getting kicked while on the ground:lol: ...but i was able to finally figure it out...and it was cool seeing
Shockwave, is he in the movie?
[/quote]

Oh that, yeah took me a bit too. It seems that you pretty much have to throw stuff at them to knock them back and then just run up and beat the crap out of them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh that, yeah took me a bit too. It seems that you pretty much have to throw stuff at them to knock them back and then just run up and beat the crap out of them.[/quote]

hmm...i was actually knocking him down with whatever then pick him up and throw him...3 times and he was done

Ok, so along with the reviews, just thought I'd add that Meagan Fox is hot. Not that everyone didn't know that already. Also, Peter Cullen sounds different than what he sounded like back then. His voice seems to have gotten a little higher pitched. Did anyone else notice this?

[quote name='equest943']Ok, so along with the reviews, just thought I'd add that Meagan Fox is hot. Not that everyone didn't know that already. Also, Peter Cullen sounds different than what he sounded like back then. His voice seems to have gotten a little higher pitched. Did anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, his Optimus voice is slightly diffrent, but it has been 20 years since the orginal cartoon. You can still tell it's the real Optimus.

Just beat the Decepticon Campaign. The Cybertron level is very disapointing. This tells me the developer wanted to add more stuff but was rushed due to the movie release.

I'm not sure if the Cybertron levels show they were rushed or just lazy with their bonus levels. :)

I'm surprised the collison detection bothers you guys in the way that it does. I have less problem with a tree stopping me when I'm driving as I do with stuff warping into my hands, heh. Though honestly with all the shit flying around I think they do a fairly admirable job. The more I've played this game the more I think the reviews are giving it a lot of unfair criticism.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I'm not sure if the Cybertron levels show they were rushed or just lazy with their bonus levels[/QUOTE]

Me neither, but I'd like to put my faith in Travller's Tales in wanting to make an awsome game, but were rushed due to the movie's release. I just think this game could've been amazing if given time.

EDIT: Just beat both Autobot and Decepticon's campaign. I WANT MORE!!!! My Optimus Prime vs Megatron fight had "The Touch" playing off my X-Box. The only true way to beat the game.

"It's in the blood, it's in the will, it's in the mighty hands of steel, WHEN YOUR STANDING YOUR GROUND."

G1 Optimus In Action:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIZxszCfRc[/MEDIA]
The author says he got it after collecting all of the Autobot logos (20 of them)

G1 Megatron in Action:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6XVhSGtwTw&mode=user&search=[/MEDIA]
He files!!

Ok...I jumped on the TRU B1G1 deal and got Spider-Man 3 and this for PS3 (they didn't have Spider-Man for X360 and Transformers PS3's box looked cooler :lol:)

EDIT: Seems I'm going back to return my PS3 version of Transformers because the PS3 version of Spider-Man 3 looked like crap. Too bad I can't take back Spider-Man 3, but I guess I can always trade it in and take credit.

Ricebo1, both of those games are better on the 360. Who cares about the box? Framerate matters way more than that.

Well i finally broke down and picked up the transformers game for the 360 , love that game!!! I picked up the CYBERTRON edition of the game??? Never seen or heard of this version , and this gamestop is the only place ive seen it , it was the same price as the regular version so thats why i picked it up. So does anyone know if this is a true collectors item or just different packaging?? Either way I love the game!!!!

A quick Wikipedia search.. sold exclusively at Gamestop and EBGames and came with a bonus DVD and a comic book. Doesn't sound THAT rare, but it is limited. =d

I found a new sealed cybertron edition at eb for $30. So far not a bad game. Well this is coming off after seeing the movie and then playing the game.

As soon as I see a copy for $20 I'll pick it up again. It wasn't too bad, considering it's a movie based game. It's surprised their aren't more Transformers games.

im glad to hear you guys like the game because I thought I was the only person who enjoyed it yes it had its flaws but it was a very fun experience and I wouldnt of felt cheated if i brought it

I lost interest in this when bumblebee was in the damn and the camera started shaking so horribly. Traded it or will be trading it shortly.

[quote name='PhoenixT']I lost interest in this when bumblebee was in the damn and the camera started shaking so horribly. Traded it or will be trading it shortly.[/quote]

I thought that was one of the more intresting levels.

I bought the limited edition at GS brand new for $70 at launch. I don't know what I was thinking. I must've been really hyped for the movie. I sold it a week later, after I beat it, for $55. But thinking back the Decepticons were definatly more fun to play.

bought this for my sons birthday back in november, still havent beaten it but it has had its moments.
not being able to shot bosses is gay, why cant i shoot them, ive got all sortsa cool firepower but have to punch them to death.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I thought that was one of the more intresting levels.

I bought the limited edition at GS brand new for $70 at launch. I don't know what I was thinking. I must've been really hyped for the movie. I sold it a week later, after I beat it, for $55. But thinking back the Decepticons were definatly more fun to play.[/quote]

the camera bouncing around so much after I broke a turbine was kind of the last straw for me I just said wow this isn't even realistic the way the cameras moving and making it totally unplayable for me thats it I'm done. *shrug* different strokes for different folks.

bread's done
Back