Transformers: The Game Price Drop at Best Buy and Amazon - $29.99

ChessPieceFace

CAGiversary!
I didn't see anything about this on CAG or in this week's ads, but Best Buy has the 360/PS3/Wii/PSP versions of Transformers: The Game for $29.99 and the PS2/DS versions for $19.99. It's not listed as a sale, looks like it's just their new regular price...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...##7##8&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

Amazon has the same deal, except the Wii version is $39.99 for some reason.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d...&field-keywords=transformers+the+game&x=0&y=0

Gamestop, CC and TRU still have the higher prices listed, however, so it could just be another case of Amazon price-matching Best Buy.

[quote name='whoknows']Too bad the PS3 version isn't $20...with that $10 off coupon I would have definitely gotten it for only $10.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the coupon specifically states that the games must be 29.99 or more to use it.

Never noticed...guess it doesn't matter since I haven't used it on anything that costs less :p

EDIT: I'm not seeing where it says must be at least 29.99

Being a big TF fan that I am, I bought the PC version on release and it's totally not worth it. The controls are so-so, the physics are really bad and the storyline has a light-cartoony tone to it. I'd recommend waiting for it to hit $5-$10 if you can. For $20, the DS version might be worth it. I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure.

The DS games were already $20 each in various deals for the first few weeks after release. I wouldn't bite until

[quote name='MasterYensid']Unfortunately, the coupon specifically states that the games must be 29.99 or more to use it.[/quote]

Wrong coupon. We're talking about the $10 off ANY PS3 game.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Being a big TF fan that I am, I bought the PC version on release and it's totally not worth it. The controls are so-so, the physics are really bad and the storyline has a light-cartoony tone to it. I'd recommend waiting for it to hit $5-$10 if you can. For $20, the DS version might be worth it. I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure.[/quote]

That's what I've read in reviews as well. It's really frustrating, because I think it was made by the same developer that made Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which was a pretty awesome game. It's too bad that most developers just give a half-assed effort on movie based games.

My first post here, but yeah, the DS version is definitely worth it for $20. I got it the first week it came out @ CC, and it's a short but sweet game.

I might end up picking up the ps3 verson for $20...or i'll wait till the 360 version is $20 because a few reviews I saw said the graphics were slightly better for the 360 and I love easy nerd points.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Being a big TF fan that I am, I bought the PC version on release and it's totally not worth it. The controls are so-so, the physics are really bad and the storyline has a light-cartoony tone to it. I'd recommend waiting for it to hit $5-$10 if you can. For $20, the DS version might be worth it. I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure.[/quote]
I had the PC version, and it wasn't bad for $20. Then again, I did end up selling it for $30. :)

[quote name='Kendal']Are the acheivements easy for the game?[/QUOTE]From what I've heard most of the achievements can be gotten pretty quick, but a handful are collecting things and there are a lot of things to collect. Like, Crackdown level of collectables. Lots.

Yeah, I actually liked the DS versions. Still has issues with hit detection and some unbalanced missions, but it's closer to the GTA style I think they wanted to impart on the other console versions (haven't played the PSP version, which I hear is really different than the rest).

I have both DS versions, and there is a TON of voice work in both, all of it actually pretty good. The camera is also troublesome, but less so than the console versions (the camera is already pulled back much further -- better in my opinion, but not perfect). I'd say that if you remember that you can often run away from mission battles, smash stuff for health, then come back to finish the fight, you can really make headway at a good clip. There are also many, many vehicles you can scan and unlock for your "generic" robot who has his own storyline. Of course, you also play as other TF's throughout the course of both games, and both DS versions feature storylines from each faction's point of view. There's WiFi connectivity, though it's basically mini missions where, if you win, your faction gets points against the global score (Autobot vs. Decepticon, natch), so no actual 2 - player. Still, a fun addition in a game that didn't even need it.

For $20, it's honestly not too bad a deal to take a risk on. I played the Wii version (yeah, I know it's janked because of the poor port, but the core seems the same as the other console versions), and I just did not like it as much. There are drones early on in the game that are bullet-proof, forcing you into melee combat each and every time.

[quote name='MasterYensid']Unfortunately, the coupon specifically states that the games must be 29.99 or more to use it.[/QUOTE]

so u can used on xbox 360 ver then that sounds better

[quote name='BingoBrown']That's what I've read in reviews as well. It's really frustrating, because I think it was made by the same developer that made Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, which was a pretty awesome game. It's too bad that most developers just give a half-assed effort on movie based games.[/quote]

No sir, totally different developers.

Traveller's Tales made Transformers, they're also the developers of the Lego Star Wars series and Bionicles Heroes...

I believe Sierra Games made Hulk, and they're now working on a new game called Prototype

bread's done
Back