Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I haven't seen the knockoff's at BigLots in years. Used to see Gundam and various cool robots all the time. Then again... I haven't been in a BigLots in quite a while.

-G

Thanks guys!

It's taken a while to amass all that. Most of my stuff was given away when I was in middle school. Then I got back into it after high school. I was able to score my cousin's stash from when we were kids (Jetfire complete, Optimus Prime just missing the trailer hose, lots of others FREE) And my wife has helped a lot. The Boxed Fort Max was my wedding present... :)

G1 I only collect Loose. If I find a deal and it comes with a box, WhooHoo! Newer stuff I open up and play with them, but i don't have a lot of display space left so I have a lot still boxed, waiting for a new bookcase.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Thanks!

I haven't seen the knockoff's at BigLots in years. Used to see Gundam and various cool robots all the time. Then again... I haven't been in a BigLots in quite a while.

-G[/quote]

I've been in a couple recently. After Christmas, they've dramatically scaled back their toy sections. One had no robots whatsoever, the other had some RiD Galvatron knockoffs, Cybertron Scourge knockoffs, and another variant of Machine Robo Rescue knockoffs.

The quality of stuff you can get at Big Lots (and of these combiner knockoffs) is really variable. I got a set from Big Lots once (yellow Constructicons) and it was so bad that it wouldn't even hold together long enough to combine them. The mid-size MRR knockoffs, though, were almost as good as the real thing.

[quote name='simplygriff']Thanks guys!

It's taken a while to amass all that. Most of my stuff was given away when I was in middle school. Then I got back into it after high school. I was able to score my cousin's stash from when we were kids (Jetfire complete, Optimus Prime just missing the trailer hose, lots of others FREE) And my wife has helped a lot. The Boxed Fort Max was my wedding present... :)

G1 I only collect Loose. If I find a deal and it comes with a box, WhooHoo! Newer stuff I open up and play with them, but i don't have a lot of display space left so I have a lot still boxed, waiting for a new bookcase.
-G[/QUOTE]

Best....wedding present...ever. In other news, BBTS has the Masterpiece Prime with trailer on sale again, MP-04. These usually go for about $300+ on ebay so I pre-ordered. Not sure if anyone else cares, but there it is if you're looking for it.

Sick collection, simplygriff. You got any higher res pics ;)

What do you guys think of these new (full posable) Revoltech figures?
Starscream

Hot Rod

I've got Megatron and Optimus already...I'll probably have to get these too, although I'm not much of a Hot Rod fan.
BRING ON SOUNDWAVE!

[quote name='CheapyD']Sick collection, simplygriff. You got any higher res pics ;)

What do you guys think of these new (full posable) Revoltech figures?[/quote]

I've got the Starscream figure pre-ordered from Big Bad Toy Store since I'm a Starscream whore, haha. I don't have any other Revoltech figures, been thinking about picking up the Megatron figure. I'll pass on Hot Rod though.

I also have the Megatron one, very nice. You can make up some cool poses playing around with it. I definatly want both Starscream & Hot Rod. My favorite Decepticon & Autobot respectivly.

I saw on the back of the Starscream box there's a pose with Megatron standing over Starscream. Pretty funny.

EDIT: Kinda small but here it is:
8570_1.JPG

[quote name='CheapyD']Sick collection, simplygriff. You got any higher res pics ;)

What do you guys think of these new (full posable) Revoltech figures?
Starscream

Hot Rod

I've got Megatron and Optimus already...I'll probably have to get these too, although I'm not much of a Hot Rod fan.
BRING ON SOUNDWAVE![/quote]

I love the style of the figures as well...so far I only own Revoltech Optimus Prime (Armada), not really cheap to find in the states, but Starscream sure looks like a must buy.

Megatron and Optimus are great figures! I brought them on ebay last week for 40 bucks shipped! NOt bad of a deal but the guy threw in some black robot with what looks like a moon on his head. No idea who it is... Not Transformer.

I love the Revoltechs. I have Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Megatron and I'm damn sure buying both Starscream and Hot Rod.

They might be small, and they don't transform, but they are the only figures out of all of my Transformers that I regularly play with. Posing them is just too darn fun.

Revoltech is an awesome toyline but sometimes i think they're overdoing it on the NGEva figs......neways, i also have OP, Megs and DMC Dante....so Rodimus and Starscream is a definite buy for me, i'll be getting Revy and Saber also b4 those 2 are released :)

on TFnews Galvatron just got added to the Classics 2.0 line altho it is not confirmed w/c wave ...let's hope it's on 1st wave.....
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9035&dispsize=800&start=0

here's a link to more painted C2.0 pics:
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9019&dispsize=600&start=0

Transformers: Animated available June 22, 2008:
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9026&dispsize=600&start=0

I got some of the new Transformers busts a week or two ago, not sure if anyone else has gotten any of them. They're a little smaller than I thought they'd be but the detail and quality is pretty nice. I'm planning to get Coronation Starscream and Soundblaster when those come out.

Soundwave

Starscream

[quote name='GenDV138']I got some of the new Transformers busts a week or two ago, not sure if anyone else has gotten any of them. They're a little smaller than I thought they'd be but the detail and quality is pretty nice. I'm planning to get Coronation Starscream and Soundblaster when those come out.

Soundwave

Starscream
[/quote]

Yeah, I love the new look...if budget wasn't so tight right now I'd get a few.

The Animated series looks astounding...Didn't know that Soundwave and Jazz would show up:
Animated%20Deluxe%20SoundWave%20%282%29__scaled_600.jpg
Animated%20Deluxe%20SoundWave%20%282%29__scaled_600.jpg

Animated%20Deluxe%20Jazz__scaled_600.jpg

This Classics 2.0 is the best I've seen:

Cheapy - those Revoltechs are awesome. They need to make a Galvatron with a pile of ash to represent Starscream, hahaha...

Too bad I can't hop over to Japan with a cargo container, I'd fill it up and bring it back stateside!!!

That SWAT figure, Linkin, is awesome...the first 3 pics don't show up for me, don't know if the links are broken.

Those Marvel 'Transformers' are actually MUCH better than the first Marvel attempt from a couple years ago, with those giant ugly robot fighters or whatever they were...

[quote name='karkyco']Cheapy - those Revoltechs are awesome. They need to make a Galvatron with a pile of ash to represent Starscream, hahaha...

Too bad I can't hop over to Japan with a cargo container, I'd fill it up and bring it back stateside!!!

That SWAT figure, Linkin, is awesome...the first 3 pics don't show up for me, don't know if the links are broken.

Those Marvel 'Transformers' are actually MUCH better than the first Marvel attempt from a couple years ago, with those giant ugly robot fighters or whatever they were...[/quote]

I guess I can't copy and paste pictures from the site but you can see them on the link here thanks to 177adjen17:
[quote name='177adjen17']Revoltech is an awesome toyline but sometimes i think they're overdoing it on the NGEva figs......neways, i also have OP, Megs and DMC Dante....so Rodimus and Starscream is a definite buy for me, i'll be getting Revy and Saber also b4 those 2 are released :)

on TFnews Galvatron just got added to the Classics 2.0 line altho it is not confirmed w/c wave ...let's hope it's on 1st wave.....
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9035&dispsize=800&start=0

here's a link to more painted C2.0 pics:
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9019&dispsize=600&start=0

Transformers: Animated available June 22, 2008:
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9026&dispsize=600&start=0[/quote]

The bottom link shows the Animated Series line and they have Jazz and Soundwave...the entire line looks pretty kickass IMO, I love the different look.

Well I don't like those new animated series toys at all. That swat tank looks really cool. I'll have to pick that up. Both robot mode and vehicle mode look great.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Too bad Soundwave transforms into a car. Jazz looks awesome though.[/QUOTE]

Wait... which one's supposed to be Soundwave? He's by far my favorite period.

Edit: Nevermind... you were talking about the Animated figs. I thought you were talking about the Classic's line.
-G

Thanks dude.

Other than being a car, I actually really like that. Makes me want to go watch the animated premeire I have on the DVR.
-G

[quote name='simplygriff']Thanks dude.

Other than being a car, I actually really like that. Makes me want to go watch the animated premeire I have on the DVR.
-G[/quote]

Are many people watching the Animated show?

I watched some of the premiere, but I wasn't really grabbed by it.

Then, last week, my son was home sick and watched a bunch of TV and TF:Animated was on. It was the Halloween episode with Black Arachnia.

I was blown away. On the surface, the show appears too kid friendly, but there was a lot going on and I don't think I've ever seen a show take elements from two previous series and develop them into something new and yet respectful.

(I'm being deliberately vague here since I don't want to spoil what was something truly awesome to see.)

I'm going to be watching more of this show.

[quote name='blandstalker']Are many people watching the Animated show?

I watched some of the premiere, but I wasn't really grabbed by it.

Then, last week, my son was home sick and watched a bunch of TV and TF:Animated was on. It was the Halloween episode with Black Arachnia.

I was blown away. On the surface, the show appears too kid friendly, but there was a lot going on and I don't think I've ever seen a show take elements from two previous series and develop them into something new and yet respectful.

(I'm being deliberately vague here since I don't want to spoil what was something truly awesome to see.)

I'm going to be watching more of this show.[/quote]

I watch it religiously...its awesome, gives me the Beast Wars vibe (writting material i mean)...its really a good show.

On topic, I just bought Stockade at Target last night...haven't had a chance to open it yet though:
04__scaled_600.jpg

01__scaled_600.jpg

Stockade's kinda cool. Super easy to transform though. Nothing like fucking Ironhide. That had to be the most unseemingly difficult Transformer I've ever dealt with. Except perhaps Beast Wars Dragon Megatron. That fucker was a hell of a lot harder to transform than it originally appeared to be...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Stockade's kinda cool. Super easy to transform though. Nothing like fucking Ironhide. That had to be the most unseemingly difficult Transformer I've ever dealt with. Except perhaps Beast Wars Dragon Megatron. That fucker was a hell of a lot harder to transform than it originally appeared to be...[/quote]

I didn't know that about Megatron, mine is still in its box.

Got my revoltech Starscream and Hot Rod today. Starscream is really nice and Hot Rod's two guns make him pretty cool too:

They all look great. I'd be very happy with that Starscream. Probably pick one up on eBay in a few days.

Also anyone ever seen those Soundwave MP3 player? (I'm sure you all have) I saw one in my local comic book shop and loved everything about it,.. except the $150 price tag on it. Here's a pic:

transformers_mp3_player_2.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']Got my revoltech Starscream and Hot Rod today. Starscream is really nice and Hot Rod's two guns make him pretty cool too:

[/QUOTE]

I saw the Revoltech Prime and Megatron at a friend's house the other day, and they looked very cool. And seeing Starscream and Hot Rod sealed the deal. I just ordered all four of them.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']
Also anyone ever seen those Soundwave MP3 player? (I'm sure you all have) I saw one in my local comic book shop and loved everything about it,.. except the $150 price tag on it.[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who has one (and the transforming earphones) but I doubt if many people actually use it as an MP3 player. From what I understand, it's kind of hard to use -- not to mention bulky. I would only consider getting one as a curiosity, and only if it was very cheap. But that's just me.

Those revoltech figures are tight...I might have to pick all those up.
Anyone know if they have released or are planning to release Soundwave Revoltech?

Animated figures up for preorder on HBTS.com:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&SBR=648

Use coupon SPRCAT8 for 10% off and free shipping.

Supposedly ship end of June, but some people have talked to customer service reps at HBTS and they claim they will ship within 1 to 2 weeks. HBTS reps, btw, have a pretty bad reputation for not really knowing facts, but worth a shot. They also don't charge for preorders sill it ships, so no harm no foul.

Also, apparently Megs and Starscream were up for preorder earlier, but sold out real quick. Hopefully they'll be back in stock fairly soon.

EDIT: and while I was typing this Bulkhead is now OOS as well.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Animated figures up for preorder on HBTS.com:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&SBR=648

Use coupon SPRCAT8 for 10% off and free shipping.

Supposedly ship end of June, but some people have talked to customer service reps at HBTS and they claim they will ship within 1 to 2 weeks. HBTS reps, btw, have a pretty bad reputation for not really knowing facts, but worth a shot. They also don't charge for preorders sill it ships, so no harm no foul.

Also, apparently Megs and Starscream were up for preorder earlier, but sold out real quick. Hopefully they'll be back in stock fairly soon.

EDIT: and while I was typing this Bulkhead is now OOS as well.[/quote]

Sweet...thanks.

Also I spotted 3 new figures at Target over the weekend, Premium Ironhide, Blackout and Nightwatch Optimus Prime. I passed on them though.

Should I just cave in and buy the Voyager Megatron? I was holding off because I HATE the ice crap on him. I have everyone else (with the exception of Scorponok), but I am missing Megatron.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Should I just cave in and buy the Voyager Megatron? I was holding off because I HATE the ice crap on him. I have everyone else (with the exception of Scorponok), but I am missing Megatron.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how much of a completest you are. I was really disappointed in both Megatron molds from the movie line. At least the Leader class has a pretty strong bot mode, but imho the voyager class is severely lacking in both modes. If you're already on the fence, I'd say pass. Save your money for the much nicer looking Animated Megs.

[quote name='Zmonkay']It depends on how much of a completest you are. I was really disappointed in both Megatron molds from the movie line. At least the Leader class has a pretty strong bot mode, but imho the voyager class is severely lacking in both modes. If you're already on the fence, I'd say pass. Save your money for the much nicer looking Animated Megs.[/quote]

I personally would like to have Megatron next to Prime vs Starscream next to Prime. I wonder if I can break off the ice pieces carefully without major damage to the main body? I am also missing the Titanium mini versions of Bonecrusher, Barricade, Frenzy(I have his mini version from Barricade), and Starscream, but have yet to find them anywhere :whistle2:(

[quote name='rodeojones903']For some reason the coupon code wont work for me.[/QUOTE]

Did you try SPRCAT8, or the one in the OP? The one in the OP is old, and I'll ask Linkin to change it. SPRCAT8 worked for me earlier today, so if it's not working now, that's very strange.

Today I was in K-Mart and I noticed that packed into those pre-made Easter baskets, is the Aerialbots-Superion knock off set. We talked about these knock offs earlier in this thread. I got mine at Big Lots about a year ago but haven't seen them since.

The Easter baskets are marked originally $9.99, and they are 50% off now, so you might want to grab one for only $5.
While they are poor quality (loose joints, etc), they are the same mold and even the colors and decals are the same as the original. This set even comes with all the original accessories. They make a great display piece in Superion form.

Here is a photo from an ebay seller. Kmart version is similar but doesn't have the Autobot logos, and of course the text is English.
I might drive over tomorrow on my lunch break and buy what Easter baskets they have left just to sell the toy and keep the candy. ;)

Edit: This Kmart is in Palm Bay, FL.

dwwh1.jpg

[quote name='techstar25']Today I was in K-Mart and I noticed that packed into those pre-made Easter baskets, is the Aerialbots-Superion knock off set. We talked about these knock offs earlier in this thread. I got mine at Big Lots about a year ago but haven't seen them since.

The Easter baskets are marked originally $9.99, and they are 50% off now, so you might want to grab one for only $5.
While they are poor quality (loose joints, etc), they are the same mold and even the colors and decals are the same as the original. This set even comes with all the original accessories. They make a great display piece in Superion form.

Here is a photo from an ebay seller. Kmart version is similar but doesn't have the Autobot logos, and of course the text is English.
I might drive over tomorrow on my lunch break and buy what Easter baskets they have left just to sell the toy and keep the candy. ;)

Edit: This Kmart is in Palm Bay, FL.

dwwh1.jpg
[/quote]
I saw that at big lots over the Summer...... I was sooo tempted to buy this but decided against it.

bread's done
Back