10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Marvel Transformers remind me of a line of toys Marvel did years ago called "Shapeshifters." They were pretty bad:

ShapeSpiderman2.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus']Those Marvel Transformers remind me of a line of toys Marvel did years ago called "Shapeshifters." They were pretty bad:

[/QUOTE]

ROFL! I remember that (or a similar line). I've got a juggernaut that turns into a "tank", and my friend had a wolverine that turned into some sort of handgun thingy I think. absolutely aweful.

Hopefully official Hasbro ones will be better (Hell, at the very least they have tremendous kitbash potential)

Wow those Marvel ShapeShifters are crap. Spidey looks like such a fat ass. And it looks like he 'transforms' into a three legged dead spider, seriously WTF?

He changes into a "Wrist Blaster"?!@!? Ninja please! BTW step three looks like he's felating himself. Truly sick.

[quote name='karkyco']BTW step three looks like he's felating himself. Truly sick.[/quote]

I tought the same thing. Who puts these packages together?! Bevis & Butthead?

[quote name='Rodimus']They all look great. I'd be very happy with that Starscream. Probably pick one up on eBay in a few days.

Also anyone ever seen those Soundwave MP3 player? (I'm sure you all have) I saw one in my local comic book shop and loved everything about it,.. except the $150 price tag on it. Here's a pic:

transformers_mp3_player_2.jpg
[/quote]

its goes 4 more than $50 on EBAY

New Exclusives:

Target (already in stores, I got Barricade and Jazz)

Premium Series DEEP SPACE STARSCREAM

The TRANSFORMERS Movie Premium series concludes with this exclusive STARSCREAM with metallic deco and added movie details. Deep Space Starscream’s enhanced deco is based directly off of an actual F-22 Raptor. The codes on his vertical stabilizers (“FF 1st FW”) indicate that the particular F-22 Raptor that he scanned for his jet mode was from the 1st Fighter Wing (“1st FW”) based out of Langley Air Force Base. Like the real F-22 fighter, parts of his deco are a shiny metallic while other parts are a flat gray. Available June 22 at Target; SRP $19.99.

Toys R Us:

Wal-Mart

Also new TF Animated toys revealed:
SWOOP

SENTINEL PRIME

ELITE GUARD BUMBLEBEE

Leader W2 08
ULTRA MAGNUS

[quote name='LinkinPrime']New Exclusives:

Target (already in stores, I got Barricade and Jazz)

Premium Series DEEP SPACE STARSCREAM

The TRANSFORMERS Movie Premium series concludes with this exclusive STARSCREAM with metallic deco and added movie details. Deep Space Starscream’s enhanced deco is based directly off of an actual F-22 Raptor. The codes on his vertical stabilizers (“FF 1st FW”) indicate that the particular F-22 Raptor that he scanned for his jet mode was from the 1st Fighter Wing (“1st FW”) based out of Langley Air Force Base. Like the real F-22 fighter, parts of his deco are a shiny metallic while other parts are a flat gray. Available June 22 at Target; SRP $19.99.

Toys R Us:

Wal-Mart

Also new TF Animated toys revealed:
SWOOP

SENTINEL PRIME

ELITE GUARD BUMBLEBEE

Leader W2 08
ULTRA MAGNUS

[/quote]

Saw them last week at Target. Are these the same as the standard releases?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Saw them last week at Target. Are these the same as the standard releases?[/quote]

Same size yes...the only way they are different is that teal color on their robot mode. I got them thinking that they might be collectible but I might return them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Same size yes...the only way they are different is that teal color on their robot mode. I got them thinking that they might be collectible but I might return them.[/QUOTE]

I read in a summary from Botcon that the reason they did all the very minor repaints is for kids who didn't see the movie until it came out on DVD. This way they get to keep making money... I guess.

Can't wait for Animated figs to start showing up in stores though. That Ultra Magnus looks so good.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Same size yes...the only way they are different is that teal color on their robot mode. I got them thinking that they might be collectible but I might return them.[/quote]

I am going to skip these then... The Star Wars 2 pack they are selling in the same container are lower quality than the single packs. Too bad their isn't a Megatron one with no ice on it or a Frenzy :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am going to skip these then... The Star Wars 2 pack they are selling in the same container are lower quality than the single packs. Too bad their isn't a Megatron one with no ice on it or a Frenzy :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only Frenzy (not including the mini one w/ Barricade) is the Fast Action Battler. I actually kind of like it.

I've seen a lot, but not all of these.

Saw the frontlane Deluxes at Target and passed. I haven't seen Starscream yet. At two Targets today, I did see Premium Leader Prime and Megatron, and Premium Ironhide and Blackout. Passed on them, too, though they're all nicer than the original issues.

Saw Jetstorm and Wingblade at TRU. Passed on them. I wouldn't recommend them, either. Jetstorm is a bit chunky and Wingblade is best paired with Cybertron Prime...without that, it's not that great.

I'm tempted to get Mudflap since it's such a garish yellow. Ow, my eyes!

The Wal-Mart exclusives have been out since February. I have never seen them (until now -- thanks Linkin!), despite dropping by various Wal-Marts any time I was near one. Wal-Mart can go fuck themselves since I'm done with their bullshit. Big Daddy and Jolt are great molds if you don't already have them, but since you'll probably never see them, don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Bah! I was talking about actual transformers. Ya know, that transform. But touche, you are indeed correct.[/quote]

oops...

I just couldn't take having the mini version of Frenzy from Barricade. I am still waiting for the Titanium versions of Megatron, Barricade, Bonecrusher, Starscream, Frenzy and Scorponox. But I doubt they were ever made :bomb:

Ugh, so what was the deal with these "Premium" reissues?

Just minor chroming out of the figures? Adding some bling bling?

I saw a few of the "new" packages, basically the only difference I noticed was the shiny metallic streak on the package announcing that they were somehow "premium".

I didn't have any old packages to compare to, so were the figures more metallic? If so, I didn't notice it.

This was for a couple of voyagers and some of the deluxes. Jeeze, Hasbro is really being ridiculous with the milking. This will only backfire in the end with a monster glut of leftovers that will be clearanced out.

Hate to barge in as a total transformers noob, but is this Subaru Impreza transformer - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000XO8DW - really worth $50? I have one, opened but pretty much mint. I think I lost the box, but I have the instructions... Kind of tempted to try and sell if it's really worth that much, heh.

[quote name='AkariK']Hate to barge in as a total transformers noob, but is this Subaru Impreza transformer - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000XO8DW - really worth $50? I have one, opened but pretty much mint. I think I lost the box, but I have the instructions... Kind of tempted to try and sell if it's really worth that much, heh.[/QUOTE]

Not really. After a quick look at ebay, sealed ones go for 40 to 50 shipped, loose about 20-30.

I guess not bad, but definitely one of the most common alternators (was a shelf warmer FOREVER)

http://toys.search-completed.ebay.c...slcZ0QQsaslopZ1QQsofocusZbsQQsorefinesearchZ1

[quote name='Zmonkay']Not really. After a quick look at ebay, sealed ones go for 40 to 50 shipped, loose about 20-30.

I guess not bad, but definitely one of the most common alternators (was a shelf warmer FOREVER)

http://toys.search-completed.ebay.c...slcZ0QQsaslopZ1QQsofocusZbsQQsorefinesearchZ1[/quote]

Aww. Thanks for the response. I guess I'll just keep it, I bought it because I like the Impreza in general (though the 2008 model is ugly :whistle2:s).

[quote name='karkyco']Ugh, so what was the deal with these "Premium" reissues?

Just minor chroming out of the figures? Adding some bling bling?

I saw a few of the "new" packages, basically the only difference I noticed was the shiny metallic streak on the package announcing that they were somehow "premium".

I didn't have any old packages to compare to, so were the figures more metallic? If so, I didn't notice it.

This was for a couple of voyagers and some of the deluxes. Jeeze, Hasbro is really being ridiculous with the milking. This will only backfire in the end with a monster glut of leftovers that will be clearanced out.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the paint jobs are better done on the premium ones (more colors or more details). I haven't really compared them closely, but a cursory look makes me think they're pretty minor differences.

Dude, I am totally lovin' the Ironhide, Silverstreak (Bluestreak/Prowl hybrid look), and Sideswipe Universe ones.

Universe-Sideswipe-Robot_th.jpg
Universe-Ironhide-_Robot_t.jpg
Universe-Silverstreak-Robot.jpg

Articulate, well-balanced, and best of all aesthetically pleasing. (sorry about the huge Silverstreak pic-- the thumbnail link on the page for him is Silverbolt.)

I'm liking pretty much all the non-repaint Universe line so far (hell, even a couple of the repaints are looking appealing, and I have a fairly strict no repaint rule).

Also as an FYI, Sideswipe has the wrong head in that pic (that's the official one from Hasbro, yes?) That's the head from Sunstreaker (same mold, dif head and chest piece).

Thanks for the mention that Target had these "premium" editions. I ran out to mine after work and lo and behold, ONE Bumblebee on the shelf. *snatched*

I honestly could care less about the rest of 'em. I love Jazz-- but only old-school, Scatman Crothers-- not the "yo yo, wtfuck" version. I liked him when he was cool and hip, not some thug-sounding punk.

The real horror to you MIB collectors: I took him out and transformed him.
*laughs manically*

I like that Sideways repaint, but other than that i'm pretty apathetic towards everything. Come on HasTak, throw us a bone concerning the next Masterpiece. A sketch, a rumor, anything.

I really should start watching animated, I have tons of episodes but haven't watched so much as a second.

Wow, those new Universe/Classic molds are great! And finally, an Ironhide that looks like the show.

Yesterday, in Target, saw Stealth Bumblebee (mostly black with yellow stripes) and Salvage (a Dropkick repaint into red). Passed on Bumblebee, but picked up Salvage since I really like the Dropkick mold and Target Deluxes are currently $6.99.

Also saw Premium Barricade. Passed on that, too. I think the differences are pretty minor, but involve shiny foil on the spoiler, a windshield painted with a gradient, and more metallic accent paint in robot mode.

Oh, and I saw Premium Jazz. Big difference is that it's metallic paint which looks really nice. If I didn't already own three Jazz molds, I would consider it. Looks very nice.

I'm pretty torn by the Premium paint jobs. On the one hand, most are the differences are just too minor for me to spend money on them, especially with the Animated and Classic lines coming soon.

On the other hand, if the Premium line doesn't sell well, the conclusion Hasbro will make is that people don't really want nice paint jobs. I do. I just don't want them a year later and after I already bought the mold.

Decided to check if any of the Wal-Mart exclusives were available online. The answer is (surprisingly) yes, for the most part.

Jolt (purple Crosswise repaint):
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9192742

Divebomb (yellow camo Thundercracker repaint)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9192741

The following two won't show up during a search. I found them by wondering what would happen if I messed with the product id numbers above.

Big Daddy (black/orange Downshift repaint):
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9192743

OOS Grindcore (green Landmine repaint):
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9192744

Those links don't work. I think something about CAG's affiliate link system is screwing them up. But if you go to walmart and pick any product and then replace the product ID number at the end with one of these numbers, you can get them to come up. I think I'm going to try ordering Big Daddy. Thanks!

Thanks for the product info for Big Daddy, blandstalker. Downshift is one of my favorite figures, so I'm happy to finally find this exclusive. I've spent a couple of weeks stalking Walmarts, but all I've ever found is Jolt.

Hasbrotoyshop now has animated Grimlock and Lugnut and Leader Class Megatron and Bulkhead available for preorder, but of course the previous coupons now seem to be expired. Anyone know of any others?

found a new coupon, idk when it expires:

DISC10, 10% off (credit to tfw2005.com)

Comes out to be close to the same as if you bought it at retail, and you don't have to drive around looking for them. Hope Universe figures are put up with as nice of consistency as the Animated ones are.

Also, I hope another 20% off + Free ship comes out before these ship, as then I'll just cancel these orders and pick em up cheaper.

[quote name='icruise']Hasbrotoyshop now has animated Grimlock and Lugnut and Leader Class Megatron and Bulkhead available for preorder...[/quote]

Lugnut's weapon looks to be one of the most "busy" weapons I've ever seen on any TF.
Grimlock's sword is just pure badass...
And I already have the Voyager Bulkhead on order. The new one, while very cool, just looks to have more of a gritty feel and a buttload more weapons strapped on to him. I like the animated style-- I'm sticking with what I got.
The Megatron though I might consider getting even though I have the Battle Begins set on order.

Plus, they're not out until August, and I have no idea where I'll be living by then. I'll wait until the date gets a few months closer.

Ya know, if they're going to tease us with a freaking Silverbolt in the Universe Ultra line, they can just stop and release a commemorative Aerialbots 5-pack or something.

[quote name='E-Z-B']When Hasbro posts a better coupon code, please post it. I might pick some stuff up then. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to post anything I find. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new 20% in the near future (I hope!). I usually get them in my email or see them on the TFW2005 boards.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hasbrotoyshop (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496) updated again, added a Universe section (Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Tankor (Octane) are up, along with a bunch of Robot Heroes. Transformers Crossovers Hulk and Iron Man are also up.
[/quote]

Those Marvel ones are wacky, but I might pick up that Hulk one on a lark. They have some pretty decent-looking robot modes. The Blaster and Heavy Load Universe ones look ridiculous-- a cement mixer that splits in half? Why not just make the whole thing one giant cannon?

[quote name='icruise']Anyone know of anymore Hasbrotoyshop coupons?[/QUOTE]

pony10 not work for 10% off. That was the last active one I knew of. I'll take a look around, but haven't heard of any more recent.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']So...has anyone found animated figures yet? Just curious since it seems a good portion of people are finding them already.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've found them in the Orlando area. Seems to be limited to Walmart, though.

bread's done
Back