10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this will work but I made a scan of the $5 off McDonald's coupon. I'd like to keep it to this thread if it does work so that no one ruins it for us here:

The fine print says the coupon can't be copied or reproduced so I doubt it would work. Maybe if you rubbed some french fries on it and greased it up a little no one would notice.

Wow those Revoltech's look awesome. So on the front of my search for the new Animated Soundwave, I walked into a Walmart in Springfield, VA last weekend, and I could not believe it. Behind all of the Ratchet's there was a single Soundwave, possibly hidden by some kid that could not get it. So this summer has been pretty successful. I found both items I wanted - Grimlock and Soundwave. I will post some pictures later on of what he looks like. His guitar turns into Lazerbeak but not as cool as the original tape.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not sure if this will work but I made a scan of the $5 off McDonald's coupon. I'd like to keep it to this thread if it does work so that no one ruins it for us here:

[/QUOTE]

Muahahahaha, 15.00 off... J/K! Let's NOT fuck this one up people. Thanks Linkin!

For anyone looking, I went to Target and saw a bunch of Deepspace versions of Voyager Movie Starscream. They were I think $13.88, and they were in that cylinder packaging that the Robovision Optimus Primes came in.

coupon scanned no problem at Walmart. Thanks Linkin! Picked up Leader Class Megatron and Leader Class Bulkhead. Both great figs, though I'm not a fan of the headmaster accessory for BH. It doesn't transform (it did on the show) and only activates one phrase (though it does change the color of the lightup parts). It's just a helmet, and could have been better. Otherwise, 2 solid figures.

Good to hear Zmonkay.

I still need to find Grimlock and Soundwave...I ran into Jazz once and I regret not buying him on the spot...seems like he's hard to find as well. I'll be keeping a coupon in my wallet for whenever I run into any of them though :p

I'm dying for Ultra Magnus to arrive, this line will be one of the most expensive for me. I've already bought 2 Leaders, 1 Voyager, 3 Deluxe, and 2 Activator. Ultra Magnus, Blitzwing, and Voyager Prime are still some "must haves" I'm waiting for.

Picked up Soundwave and Slag--er, Snarl, excuse me (seriously, why the effing name change?), along with Prowl Universe. I actually saw a Jazz, but I really don't like the way he looks, so I'm passing on him.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Good to hear Zmonkay.

I still need to find Grimlock and Soundwave...I ran into Jazz once and I regret not buying him on the spot...seems like he's hard to find as well. I'll be keeping a coupon in my wallet for whenever I run into any of them though :p[/QUOTE]

My local Walmart had the Wave 3 deluxes in an island display for Animated, plenty of Soundwave, Jazz, Oil Slick and Snarl. So they should eventually be easier to find for folks, I think.

[quote name='kojubat']My local Walmart had the Wave 3 deluxes in an island display for Animated, plenty of Soundwave, Jazz, Oil Slick and Snarl. So they should eventually be easier to find for folks, I think.[/quote]

I don't shop at Walmart but it looks like I might have to start if I want to find these puppies. Thanks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't shop at Walmart but it looks like I might have to start if I want to find these puppies. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You should definitely check it out. i've gotten nearly all my figs from there. Target and TRU near me and hit or miss, and until recently, my Target only had Voyagers...

I'm so tempted to get this exclusive Jetfire AFX bust:
actionfigurexpress_2012_112743068

http://www.shopafx.com/trexarjebu.html

Is Blitzwing rare?

-----

Stopped by Walmart, saw a few Premium Bumblebees...the paint job on them was horrid though...all of them looked like they were smeared...I passed.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is Blitzwing rare?
[/quote]
He hasn't really hit mass retail yet. Only a few sightings.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't shop at Walmart but it looks like I might have to start if I want to find these puppies. Thanks.[/quote]

I've been able to find everything at Target...except Black Arachnia. Only one I only saw at Wal-Mart.

Random question, but does anybody here know if there is a Transformers trading site out there (i.e. where collectors trade figures with each other)?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm so tempted to get this exclusive Jetfire AFX bust:
actionfigurexpress_2012_112743068

http://www.shopafx.com/trexarjebu.html[/QUOTE]

Hey Linkin, how big is that Jetfire bust going to be (I couldn't find it in the item description)? At $60, its really not that bad for a piece limited to 600, as long as it is a decent size. The detail looks to be pretty nice.

[quote name='optimusprime']Random question, but does anybody here know if there is a Transformers trading site out there (i.e. where collectors trade figures with each other)?[/QUOTE]

TFW has a board for it (sale and trade) and I'm sure many other big sites (Seibertron.com, for example) do too, but I only stop by TFW really.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/

[quote name='optimusprime']Hey Linkin, how big is that Jetfire bust going to be (I couldn't find it in the item description)? At $60, its really not that bad for a piece limited to 600, as long as it is a decent size. The detail looks to be pretty nice.[/quote]

Doesn't say, but I'm sure it will be about the same size as the others...6" probably.

Well, I just finished both seasons of Animated and I only have one question. When are we getting a toy of
Omega Supreme
? A toy of that is something I would pre-order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Well, I just finished both seasons of Animated and I only have one question. When are we getting a toy of Omega Supreme? A toy of that is something I would pre-order.[/QUOTE]

QFMFT! Sadly, it's been asked, and the typical "there are currently no plans" response came back, but that usually just means "we're working on it". They said the same thing about Masterpiece Starscream (though after the fiasco that was to get ahold of, not really the best comparison I guess...)

They ARE working on, AFAIK (possible spoilers for those that haven't seen the show)
Blurr, Shockwave, the Prowl Sidecar/armor, Wrek-Gar, and Wasp/Waspinator (unknown if it is the cybertronian car mode or an insect mode). I've actually seen pics of Shockwave and Blurr, but can't remember where, so hopefully someone here can link em in. "Currently no plans for Arcee or Ironhide" sadly, but I assume there will be for season 3, which is about as official as it can get without actually being official.

[quote name='Zmonkay']QFMFT! Sadly, it's been asked, and the typical "there are currently no plans" response came back, but that usually just means "we're working on it". They said the same thing about Masterpiece Starscream (though after the fiasco that was to get ahold of, not really the best comparison I guess...)

They ARE working on, AFAIK (possible spoilers for those that haven't seen the show)
Blurr, Shockwave, the Prowl Sidecar/armor, Wrek-Gar, and Wasp/Waspinator (unknown if it is the cybertronian car mode or an insect mode). I've actually seen pics of Shockwave and Blurr, but can't remember where, so hopefully someone here can link em in. "Currently no plans for Arcee or Ironhide" sadly, but I assume there will be for season 3, which is about as official as it can get without actually being official.
[/QUOTE]

To think they wasted that time on a Supreme Class Prime when they could have been making
Omega Supreme

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']To think they wasted that time on a Supreme Class Prime when they could have been making
Omega Supreme
[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's kind of a good thing/running joke amongst some fans, as traditionally the first Supreme SUCKS in most lines (Cheator Vs Optimus Primal in Beast Machines? Supreme Starscream Vs MUTHER fucking PRIMUS in Cybertron... you get my drift). Here's hoping the trend continues.

This weekend was good! I picked up Grimlock and (x2) Soundwave at K-Mart and Target. Target had a ton of Soundwaves. Used the $5 off coupon on both purchases too :D

Nabbed Soundwave at Walmart, they had all of that wave in. They also had some of those Universe Voyagers. Hadn't seen anything past deluxe before.. if only I had more than $10, was a lot of stuff I wanted.

I went to Otakon this past weekend, picking up some TFs : Revoltech Megatron, Starscream and Rodimus, Encore Jazz, Japanese Classics Astrotrain and MyClone Ramjet and Thrust. Was really hoping for the MyClone Trypticon, should've picked up a couple more.

Was sorely tempted to buy another Masterpiece Megatron at $100 (the next lowest price in the dealer's room was $115, and went up to ~$140), but was glad that someone else bought it and removed the temptation later in the weekend. I think passing on Encore Omega Supreme at $120 was a good idea.

Someone was selling a Fort Max in box, but I didn't ask to take a closer look to check for completeness / condition. A $1,200 dollar price tag kind of killed my curiosity.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whoa, those are pretty cool looking...very retro too.[/QUOTE]

Not cheap, though, at $120. Plus, they make you buy a 1-year membership to the club on top of that (and they had the nerve to charge another $3 for bubble wrap protection when they ship). I think it ran me about $175 total. I'm such a sucker for G1 stuff.

Gah, I have the G1 seacons, but none are complete except the leader (though his shell/gestalt chest has a slight crack underneath). I'm missing most of their individual guns. If these had a mass retail release, I'd be all over them. The price is just waaay too high though. Now, a Predaking reissue... (pissed I didn't get the Japanese re-release)

Whoa on those Seacons. I have Snaptrap but that's about it. Is the 1 year memebership for exclusives? Just wondering. And ditto on the Predaking reissue. I was thinking "Wow that's a high price but I think I can swing it" and then I didn't. The next thing I know, the prices on those things are sky high. It's kind of like when I bought the metallic Voltron re-release back in 98 for $40, then I returned it and found it on ebay a few years later for about $100 after they had reverted back to plastic. Sucks.

[quote name='equest943']Whoa on those Seacons. I have Snaptrap but that's about it. Is the 1 year memebership for exclusives? Just wondering. And ditto on the Predaking reissue. I was thinking "Wow that's a high price but I think I can swing it" and then I didn't. The next thing I know, the prices on those things are sky high. It's kind of like when I bought the metallic Voltron re-release back in 98 for $40, then I returned it and found it on ebay a few years later for about $100 after they had reverted back to plastic. Sucks.[/QUOTE]

The set is apparently limited to 1,500. I'm not sure that will guarantee it to be valuable, but it probably won't be available for long. The membership gives you a monthly (I think) newsletter/magazine in the mail and apparently an exclusive free toy (though I'm not sure how good it will be).

Its kind of crappy that they make you buy the membership just to get the already expensive toy, but given what the Botcon exclusive stuff sells for just a few months after the convention (and the fact that I love G1 stuff), I thought it was worth it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So Alternators are coming back!?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. To my understanding, this is sort of a cross between alts. and a more standard line. Alts were seen as being too collector's market (hell, Japanese Alts. were friggin diecast :drool: ). Not confirmed for NA as of yet, but I wouldn't doubt they come over in some form or another (hell, the only ones that haven't recently were Robot Heroes, which were mostly retools/repaints anyway and MP Megs due to stupid laws. And the BB and Op movie figs with the protoform molds and snap on armor pieces, don't remember their name. I assume we'll see em in the US in some eventually though, maybe in prep for movie 2?)

From what I've found online, it's a follow up line to Binaltech, but it will have 1:32 size vehicle modes instead of the 1:24 size of Binaltech / Alternators.

bread's done
Back