10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icruise']Did they make an autobot version as well? How is the jacket in terms of quality?[/QUOTE]

Nope, there's no autobot version. I'd imagine because the Autobot and GI Joe logo couldn't be merged as easily. There is however a Megatron version that is also on clearance: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/st...T<>prd_id=845524442165801&bmUID=1220671812080 (which I just ordered using the previous code, thanks for the info!)

296796_av1
296796_hi

As far as quality goes, I feel like I got my money's worth paying full price for it. Its not a cheap feeling, or looking, track jacket by any means...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nope, there's no autobot version. I'd imagine because the Autobot and GI Joe logo couldn't be merged as easily. There is however a Megatron version that is also on clearance: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302028546&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442165801&bmUID=1220671812080 (which I just ordered using the previous code, thanks for the info!)

296796_av1
296796_hi

As far as quality goes, I feel like I got my money's worth paying full price for it. Its not a cheap feeling, or looking, track jacket by any means...[/quote]

In for a Large this time.

Don't feel bad, the Barricade one from the movie I paid full on, and I love it. The XL of it was a bit big on me, and I ordered an XL of the Cobra/Decepticon aswell, but Large of this megatron one, so eh.

Edit - Cobra/Decepticon jacket arrived already, on Saturday. Got it 3 days ago, at night time or so. Not bad w/cheapest shipping.

Someone created a thread about this, but figured I would add it here.

Walmart is rolling out the Evolution of a Hero bumblebee three packs. I've only had luck finding it at a Super Walmart.

More interesting to me was that on the same pallet is Ultimate Bumblebee for $35. He got bad reviews, but I can't resist big bots for < $40.

I think I'm all caught up on classics now - I found Sentinel Prime and Swoop yesterday. Wait, I need to find Ultra Magnus still...

[quote name='Wanderlai']Went into the toy section with my nephew today at WM and they had a new display with different Transformer sets in it. On one side they had the Ultimate Bumblebee figures for $35.00. It wasnt old clearance items but a complete new display in the middle of an isle so it should be at most WM's. Great deal with the holidays coming on.

Still shows $79.88 online.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5978956[/QUOTE]

grrr, I have a nearly illogical hatred of this figure. I think I hate it so much because it is close to being a decent fig, but is just far off enough to suck... It's not nearly as bad as Omega Supreme (from Energon) which is still imho the single worst figure ever to be released, but it tries. Overambitious, and honestly fairly rudimentary electronics hamper the figure, and make it essentially a giant shellformer. Sigh.

Paid $90+ for one of those when it came with the exclusive bonus figures in the variant packaging (Brawl and Scorponok). Looks like that investment kind of fell through. At least they didn't re-release it with the bonus figures.

Yeah, Ultimate Bumblebee is kind of disappointing in a lot of ways, but you can be a lot more forgiving at $35 than at $99. I picked one up today.

I picked up an Ultimate Bumblebee yesterday. I stopped at my nearest Wal-Mart, which usually never has anything.

They had 6 Ultimate Bumblebees, an entire display of the Bumblebee Evolution 3 pack, and a ton of Movie figures, including the new repaints (Fracture, Breakaway, and Crankcase).

What's the story with all the new Transformers toys and (at least) three new versions of the Transformers movie DVD hitting the stores now?

I just opened my Ultimate Bumblebee. For $35, I'm really happy. It has a nice transformation, and it fits together well. It's heavy. Not your typical transformer though.

Put it this way - if you like Rollout Optimus Prime, you will love this thing. It has similar pose-ability issues...

Apparently, the $35 price was a short-lived mistake. Just scanned one the other day at a price checker and it came up $85. Not sure if this is true at all stores or not, but congrats to those who wanted one and got it. Anybody on the fence should get to the store immediately and hope its not too late.

Also, on another topic, I saw animated deluxe Swoop and Sentinel Prime last night at TRU. I caved in and paid the extra buck. I expect that they would be in other stores within a week or so.

[quote name='optimusprime']Also, on another topic, I saw animated deluxe Swoop and Sentinel Prime last night at TRU. I caved in and paid the extra buck. I expect that they would be in other stores within a week or so.[/QUOTE]

I hope you remembered to use the $5 coupon Linkin posted a little while back. I LOVE that coupon. Even better: It says 5 off of "Animated", but works on Universe figures too (unless the cashier reads it and denies it due to fine print).

[quote name='Zmonkay']I hope you remembered to use the $5 coupon Linkin posted a little while back. I LOVE that coupon. Even better: It says 5 off of "Animated", but works on Universe figures too (unless the cashier reads it and denies it due to fine print).[/QUOTE]

lol.....I was the one who originally posted about that coupon (back when I was slamming down happy meals trying to collect all 6 toys). Yeah, I used it. Came to $18.90 for both after tax. Good times.

On that topic, has anyone tried to use the re-printed coupons? I just used my last real one, and I'm curious if people have noticed cashiers to be picky (i.e. to see if it smells like fries or not).

[quote name='optimusprime']On that topic, has anyone tried to use the re-printed coupons? I just used my last real one, and I'm curious if people have noticed cashiers to be picky (i.e. to see if it smells like fries or not).[/QUOTE]

heh, I never even HAD originals. I've used, oh, about 7 or 8 so far, and will use 2 more soon (Universe Silverbolt, and Animated Swoop+Sentinal). I'm lovin it....

I got my Onslaught figure from amazon today. He's pretty bad ass. It's funny how small he is in vehicle mode compared to Robot mode.

I'd pick up the Bumblebee 3 pack in a heartbeat if I didn't already own Movie Premium and Animated. If I'm gonna spend ~$30 for just the one figure, I'd just as soon order the Henkei Bumblebee on Ebay...

Not sure if this is everywhere, so ymmv, but this morning at Wal-Mart I found all of the voyager animated line discounted to $10 even. Picked up a Bulkhead for me and a Blitzwing for a friend.

This made me weep softly to myself (both for the fact that it exists, and because I'll likely buy at least 1)
MickeyMouseTransformer.jpg

And what's this?

This month we'll give you just a peak via silhouette... The sharper among you probably already know what it is - but yes, it's really what you think. Transformers, too, has come to a collaboration with that ultra-world-famous character. Look forward to us following this story closely from here on out!

from tfw2005.com

[quote name='Zmonkay']This made me weep softly to myself (both for the fact that it exists, and because I'll likely buy at least 1)
MickeyMouseTransformer.jpg

from tfw2005.com[/quote]

Mickey Mouse? If so, I want it!!!

So I think I need and Ultra Magnus figure. What's out there for him? I've only seen the G1 Ultra Magnus toys and I'm not really feeling it, the price is the biggest killer. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

[quote name='Ahadi']So I think I need and Ultra Magnus figure. What's out there for him? I've only seen the G1 Ultra Magnus toys and I'm not really feeling it, the price is the biggest killer. Can anyone point me in the right direction?[/QUOTE]

Animated Ultra Magnus is a good choice at 50.00:
Leaderanimatedultramagnus.jpg

More expensive, but imho more awesome, is combining Universe Ultra Magnus (aka Classics UM) with the fan made trailer upgrade kit:

go from this:
UltraMagnusRobot.jpg

to THIS:
umcc25.jpg

(more pics and detailed review here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ct-city-commander-trailer-hand-lots-pics.html )

If I had the money, I would be all over that. sooo nice. Why can't Hasbro make stuff like that.

Those are amazing. I think I'll try and track down the middle Magnus. A more humble looking one for a humble fan :lol:

Any idea what the price may be? Or maybe someone here has an extra one for trade :cool:

first one (Animated) is 40 to 50, but just just came out, so most stores don't have it yet. Unfortunately, you'd need to pick up the middle one second hand, as it was sold as a two pack (with skywarp) about a year or so ago. I know most transformers websites (tfw2005.com, seibertron.com, etc) have selling/trading boards, but otherwise your only option is ebay. The last one is an upgrade kit for the middle one, and is crazy expensive (80-100ish iirc). I've got the middle one, and am currently hunting for the first, but that last one is sadly outside my budget (though Christmas is coming :) )

New Hasbrotoyshop.com coupon code: FALL20
20% off + Free Shipping!!!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=SO&PG=1&ST=PRDS

Best of all, aside from the two most recent Star Wars TFs (General Grevious Star Fighter and Tie Bomber) they have everything currently in stores on their (though Universe/Classics 2.0 Ironhide is currently sold out :bomb:).

Credit to TFW2005 Illinois Sightings, and to allspark.com for original posting.

Don't know when it expires, but glad I could help. Most stuff is fluctuating in and out, but Ironhide refuses to come back in stock for me to order him!

Also, new stuff up today, including Universe Cheetor and Cyclonus (not shipping till Dec. though), the two SW TF's I mentioned above, and a couple other odds and ends.

I just bought some at Walmart and TRU yesterday and today for more $ for my son.
I am annoyed because they cost more. He only wanted to open them.

Mickey mouse?

[quote name='mickeyp']I just bought some at Walmart and TRU yesterday and today for more $ for my son.
I am annoyed because they cost more. He only wanted to open them.

Mickey mouse?[/QUOTE]

No worries there. Order em from HBTS, and just return THOSE to Walmart/TRU. I did the entire Animated launch that way. HBTS was flooded with orders and they were delayed, so I picked em up at Target and returned the HBTS ones to Target when they came...

Also, Linkin, think you can first post the new code? Thanks

Finally: Nothing new on the Disney-formers that I've heard, and I check often enough that not much TF stuff slips by... :bouncy:

Supposedly the DisneyFormers will be revealed in the November 2008 issue of 'Figure Ou' in Japan. So it won't be too much longer (and that's if test shots / protos aren't leaked ahead of time...)

[quote name='Zmonkay']No worries there. Order em from HBTS, and just return THOSE to Walmart/TRU. I did the entire Animated launch that way. HBTS was flooded with orders and they were delayed, so I picked em up at Target and returned the HBTS ones to Target when they came...

:bouncy:[/quote]

Ok, thanks, I was hoping that would work. The price difference on each Transformer was $3. So it adds up.

bread's done
Back