10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find Universe Starscream anywhere b&m...

I also recently purchased voyager Bulkhead. I opened him up and transformed him. I was not impressed with the plastic he was made out of, or how easy it was to transform him. I sealed him back up and returned him. Now I'm a bit turned off of the Animated figures, though that's the only one I have experience with.

And yesterday on my way home from school, I stopped by KB Toys because they were advertising 40% to 50% off of everything. The Transformers were mostly cleared out, but I found a Universe Robots In Disguise/Energon/Whatever Barricade. He's like a ballistic missile launcher truck thing. I grabbed him for like $5 and I plan on using him mostly as a Whirlwind in my 40k army, but I noticed he has like an extra head that's too large for his body and doesn't seem to fit anywhere on him. So I did some googling and I found out he's part of a multi-part connector robot or whatever. That's kind of neat I suppose. You guys think it's worth trying to track down the other 4 or 5 pieces needed to complete the giant bot?

[quote name='Ahadi']
And yesterday on my way home from school, I stopped by KB Toys because they were advertising 40% to 50% off of everything. The Transformers were mostly cleared out, but I found a Universe Robots In Disguise/Energon/Whatever Barricade. He's like a ballistic missile launcher truck thing. I grabbed him for like $5 and I plan on using him mostly as a Whirlwind in my 40k army, but I noticed he has like an extra head that's too large for his body and doesn't seem to fit anywhere on him. So I did some googling and I found out he's part of a multi-part connector robot or whatever. That's kind of neat I suppose. You guys think it's worth trying to track down the other 4 or 5 pieces needed to complete the giant bot?[/QUOTE]

It's a great combiner, but some of the limbs were produced in limited quantities. On the plus side, you can also use the limbs from Construction Maximus and Superion...

My son is overjoyed with all his new transformers that he is getting due to the hasbro toy shop and amazon sale. He opened 25th anniversary prime yesterday and we watched the dvd it came with , it was good.
He really wants blurr and swindle. The animated toys at walmart are 7.77 all the time?

Yay, finally got to open all the transformers I've been buying fot the past couple months. I buy em, parents put em away for Christmas. Win win!

Merry Christmas all, hope Santa was good to you!

[quote name='icruise']There's an episode where Hound captures Ravage, I believe. I haven't seen it.[/quote]

It happens in the first three episodes of the original series. Come on, you people should know this ;)

Really? I guess I've seen it then, but it didn't make an impression on me. Was it just something that happened in passing (i.e. not the focus of the episode)?

[quote name='icruise']Really? I guess I've seen it then, but it didn't make an impression on me. Was it just something that happened in passing (i.e. not the focus of the episode)?[/quote]

It wasn't any special part of the episode or anything. I remember one of the autobots using infra-red to find him, and then him getting out of the cage after hound walks away and the key falls off the chain. Ravage has this little claw come out of his leg. I have probably seen the episode 50 times (but it has probably been 5 years since the last time)

god I'm a nerd.

Target is clearancing alot of Transformers toys...mostly those special sets they got in before xmas. I'm talking about the animated yellow ratchet and invisible lockdown that come with some mini figures and the two packs that were on the endcaps with them. I didn't see any 25th primes eventhough they were always on the shelf with the rest of these sets but I suspect they may be on clearance also. I also saw the prime helmet/voice changer? on clearance also.

[quote name='180husher']Target is clearancing alot of Transformers toys...mostly those special sets they got in before xmas. I'm talking about the animated yellow ratchet and invisible lockdown that come with some mini figures and the two packs that were on the endcaps with them. I didn't see any 25th primes eventhough they were always on the shelf with the rest of these sets but I suspect they may be on clearance also. I also saw the prime helmet/voice changer? on clearance also.[/QUOTE]

A target near me is loaded with the exclusive sets, but they're all ringing up at full price (and the scanner is saying "Stockroom: Yes". I guess they must have over-ordered. Hopefully they'll be clearenced before long.

[quote name='optimusprime']A target near me is loaded with the exclusive sets, but they're all ringing up at full price (and the scanner is saying "Stockroom: Yes". I guess they must have over-ordered. Hopefully they'll be clearenced before long.[/quote]

My store is at 30% off right now...and they put the five remaining 25th primes on clearance also which are $50 right now with the 30% off. They can go to 75% off before being salvaged. I know a nice lady at the customer service desk that lets me return/rebuy clearance items with just a receipt so I buy the things I want and just wait until they get marked down in the system.

Anyone else pick up Cyclonus. Best TF in a long time! Check out the Deluxe version vs the original G1 version:

Cyclonus2.jpg

Here's Hound with Ravage:

hound1lm3.jpg

hound7hu3.jpg

I heard that the new Deluxe Starscream has Quality issues not found with Acid Storm.

*Still* waiting for this wave to come out at my local Wal-Mart. They didn't have any before Christmas and still have yet to get any in, all of the animated are gone as well. :wall: No restocks.

That is an insanely nice looking Hound. For a minute there i thought he was Springer. Very nice. And the Cyclonus looks especially clean.

Michael Bell (voice of G1 Prowl) posting on TFW2005? Drops a hint of things to come?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...sion/201579-tf-animated-season-two-dvd-4.html

Ok,
Researching the power of Transformers, I tripped over this site, registered, and here I am....a Transvoyeur.
I guess I am curious as to how successful I was at portraying my characters in the original series ( obviously not successful enough for Mike Bay and Tom de Santo who claim to be fans, to cast my edgy tones in the film or the producers of the new TV series whose eyes crossed when they met me,to recast me as Prowl).
I am beginning to feel a trifle neglected, especially since I am preparing a new approach to enjoying the further adventures of Transformers and Decepticons with my buddy Chris Follino who directed me in his very funny film "Gamers".
As director of this new venue, I will be hitting up my old fellow vocalbaiters to re create some of their original characters. Their asses have all dropped but their voices are pretty much intact. Not a creaky old guy in the bunch.
Of course Starscream as voiced by Chris, with pipes you could rent for breaking a lease, will be replicated by another talent. Got him penned already.
Not sure if Frank will do Megatron for me, but got the great.....whoops almost tipped it..uh...basso profundo to agree to voice that slimy can opener.
All very hush hush for the moment, but I will get back to you all, if you are interested.
In the meantime, remember, I am watching..and I am easily gratified. So talk nice.
Prowl

[quote name='E-Z-B']Man, Cyclonus, Hound, Starscream, and for some reason Cheetor are really hard to find.[/quote]

I think it will get easier. I've seen them dribbling out over the past week and bought Hound and Cyclonus on Saturday. (Turned down Starscream since I already have one and Cheetor since I'm bored with Cheetor molds)

I think that lots of people used their Christmas gift cards on Transformers, if the empty pegs at Target are any indication.

[quote name='blandstalker']I think it will get easier. I've seen them dribbling out over the past week and bought Hound and Cyclonus on Saturday. (Turned down Starscream since I already have one and Cheetor since I'm bored with Cheetor molds)

I think that lots of people used their Christmas gift cards on Transformers, if the empty pegs at Target are any indication.[/QUOTE]

I think this is true, they're slowly coming down the pipeline. I went out of town this past weekend to Jacksonville and was able to score Cyclonus (found two at one store!), Hound, and Starscream. Saw a Cheetor but passed. The only one left on my wishlist at the moment is Inferno, but it was nowhere to be found.

All I can say is that I am jealous of you guys. I wish I could get back into transformers, but one hobby had to go and it was either transformers or video games so you know what went. how much does an alternators swerve go for these days?

I was very happy when I found Blurr at walmart yesterday, my son was thrilled. I also found swindle at Toys r us, he did not get that one yet. They had hound and cheetor but we had them already. I did not see starscream or cyclonus.

If you want the target clearance TFs, you better get there soon. Stores around me(MN) have dropped things to the 50% level.

The Big Megatron and Optimus from the movie were $27.xx

Animated Super Prime(the biggest one) was $24.xx

The exclusive Universe sets were $14.xx

That's all I remember, although the Animated exclusive sets weren't @ 50% off

[quote name='Bloomy']Pics of Masterpiece Grimlock from Toy Forum 2009 in Japan. Also Mickey (color and B&W), upcoming Encore releases (cassettes, Combaticons) and Henkei.

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/01/tp0094.html

Hyper Hobby magazine scans with more Grimlock, and Alternity Megatron.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...isney-label-henkei-alternity-megatron-166524/[/quote]

Gawd. I hadn't seen the old Megatron Pics. Good thing they scrapped the 350-Z? model and is now instead a GT-R. I need to pre-order the Super Black ASAP.

-EDIT-

Looks like there's actually both models. 350Z/GT-R. One is convoy, one is megatron. Silly me. Damn. Now I need to get 2 of them.

Today at Target:
Animated Rescue Ratchet w/ Prowl & Starscream Legends - $3.74
Animated Stealth Lockdown w/ Bumblebee & Optimus Legends - $3.74
Universe Special Team Leaders Legends 5-Pack - $3.97
Universe Aerial Rivals Legends 5-Pack - $3.97

Movie items were still at the 30% mark.

I already pre-ordered the Masterpiece Grimlock, gotta have it! While at it, make the other Dinobots too :)

The Anniversary Prime was $29.99 from Amazon before Christmas. I didn't really need one, but can't say no to the price.

Oh, if you're a TF fan, get the TF Universe Hound (came with Ravage) and Cyclonus. They're very nice! I got them from Hasbrotoys.com back in December with the 25% off (free shipping too). For $8, very very nice. The TF Classic (retooled) are nice addition to the original TFs. Honestly, the original Ironhide (red van) sucks balls, it doesn't look anything like the cartoon...

[quote name='Serpentor']I already pre-ordered the Masterpiece Grimlock, gotta have it! While at it, make the other Dinobots too :)

The Anniversary Prime was $29.99 from Amazon before Christmas. I didn't really need one, but can't say no to the price.[/QUOTE]

It was actually $27.99 at its lowest. I haven't even opened mine yet, but it was too low to pass up. I did notice that Prime's smokestacks are ridiculously short on this new version, compared to the original and Encore versions.

[quote name='icruise']I did notice that Prime's smokestacks are ridiculously short on this new version, compared to the original and Encore versions.[/quote]

That's how it was for the TRU Commemorative Series reissues of Optimus and Ultra Magnus, the 2007 Botcon Pepsi Prime and the US released 20th Anniversary Optimus. Can't risk kids poking their eyes out in this country.

[quote name='Bloomy']Pics of Masterpiece Grimlock from Toy Forum 2009 in Japan. Also Mickey (color and B&W), upcoming Encore releases (cassettes, Combaticons) and Henkei.

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/01/tp0094.html

Hyper Hobby magazine scans with more Grimlock, and Alternity Megatron.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...isney-label-henkei-alternity-megatron-166524/[/QUOTE]

That Grimlock looks amazing! Anyone know where the cheapest preorder is? The Disney lines looks pretty awesome as well.

Edit: Just preordered the Masterpiece Grimlock and both Disney Mickey Mouse Transformers from TFSource.com.
The Grimlock is 134.95 and the Mickey Mouse Transformers are 42.95 each. If anyone knows a cheaper price let me know.

[quote name='Serpentor']Oh, if you're a TF fan, get the TF Universe Hound (came with Ravage) and Cyclonus. They're very nice! I got them from Hasbrotoys.com back in December with the 25% off (free shipping too). For $8, very very nice. The TF Classic (retooled) are nice addition to the original TFs. Honestly, the original Ironhide (red van) sucks balls, it doesn't look anything like the cartoon...[/QUOTE]

I was tempted to pick these 2 guys up yesterday but I don't have any real fond memories of either character as a kid. I dug that Cyclonus was a target master and that ravage came with hound. But I seem only to pick up guys that I liked as a kid.

[quote name='KingDox']I was tempted to pick these 2 guys up yesterday but I don't have any real fond memories of either character as a kid. I dug that Cyclonus was a target master and that ravage came with hound. But I seem only to pick up guys that I liked as a kid.[/quote]

That's fair.

But Hound is very, very good. Great Jeep with no visible robot parts (even on the underside), interesting transformation, and a great robot mode that (apart from the front wheels) has no vehicle parts hanging off. Plus it comes with an updated Ravage.

It's an elegant design that is (to me, anyway) everything I look for in a Transformer. And it's less than $8.

Can't speak for Cyclonus 'cause I haven't opened him yet.

Found Blurr, Swindle, and Jetfire/Jetstorm today. Blurr looks like seven kinds of awesome. Prolly opening him next.

[quote name='blandstalker']Blurr looks like seven kinds of awesome. Prolly opening him next.[/QUOTE]

DO IT NOW! Haven't posted in here in a while, but stopped by... and I can't encourage that enough.

Blur is easily one of my favorite figures to come out in recent memory. Amazing homage to the original, great, futuristic alt mode (I'm a sucker for "Cybertronian" alt modes), complex transformation that actually stumped me in trying to reverse it (not to the point of instructions though, that's a rare event that recently only MP Megatron has incited... after I snapped off a small clip on the hip kibble).

Actually, most of the recent figures have been nice. Inferno isn't nearly the brickformer I thought from pics, Swindle is cool (though I've got the seemingly common floppy chest syndrome with him), and Hound and Cyclonus are nearly perfect figures. If I could find one complaint, it would be that Ravage's cassette mode could be more... smooth (it's kinda, idk, jumbled looking?) but hey, it's an unexpected nod to G1 season 1, so I'll just keep him in panther mode.

Oh, and in case I forgot to mention, EVERYONE BUY A BLUR. Thank you.

just got Hound (had to have hound he has always been a favorite of mine and he comes with ravage as a bonus) and Starscream, both are beautiful, Starscream especially since he looks great sitting next to my G1 and movie Starscreams,

[quote name='ivanctorres']That Grimlock looks amazing! Anyone know where the cheapest preorder is? The Disney lines looks pretty awesome as well.

Edit: Just preordered the Masterpiece Grimlock and both Disney Mickey Mouse Transformers from TFSource.com.
The Grimlock is 134.95 and the Mickey Mouse Transformers are 42.95 each. If anyone knows a cheaper price let me know.[/quote]

Those are pretty good prices... I pre-ordered mines at HLJ, i think my final price depends on the exchange rate :lol:.

The only thing i don't like TFSource.com is that they charge you for pre-orders up front... If you order two, save $10, not bad...

[quote name='Serpentor']What kind of Blurr are you guys talking about? The Animated one? I don't recall there's a Classic version of Blurr...[/quote]

Yeah, the Animated one. Though it might as well be Classic.

They've done something really amazing with Blurr in that he totally fits the Animated aesthetic, but he also is a clear homage to the G1 toy.

From the shield which pops out of his front to the headfin that is visible on the roofline of the car, it's both an update and a reimagining. The transformation echoes back in that it's similar, but there's (literally) a whole new spin on it.

The vehicle mode is nicely detailed with a mix of blues and clear blue. It's futuristic and Speed-Racer-y, but also looks like an actual car. (I'm all for futuristic, but I tend to dislike the it's-a-vehicle-because-we-say-so, like, say, the recent Titanium Grimlock/Prowl vehicles.)

Robot mode is tall, angular, and wonderfully poseable. The feet do this amazing thing with the wheels and it works.

Above all, both the vehicle and robot modes clearly fit Blurr as a character, giving that sense of speed and motion. Blurr is also probably the most solidly pegged together Transformer ever. It's a tiny marvel of design, engineering, and character.

Totally agree with Zmonkay: EVERYONE BUY A BLURR! Thank you.

Okay, that clears up thing a bit... I was wondering what happened, since there's no Classic Blurr. The closest they did was a Classic Hot Rod. The whole Animated TFs are not really my taste, but i might just buy the Animated Blurr since it's highly praised here.

[quote name='Serpentor']Okay, that clears up thing a bit... I was wondering what happened, since there's no Classic Blurr. The closest they did was a Classic Hot Rod. The whole Animated TFs are not really my taste, but i might just buy the Animated Blurr since it's highly praised here.[/quote]

I rather like the animated line... They have a whole new look (not as boxy as the originals), and I think they added more personality with the various head sculpts they've done.

Of course, I'm easily disappointed with the new SOUNDWAVE. :drool: HE'S A TAPE-PLAYER!!! At least make him an MP3 player or something! :bomb:

Biggest gripe right now: next Summer's Transformers will be the crap-tastic movie line (for the upcoming TF2 movie), right?? :puke:I HATE THE MOVIE LINE!!! :bomb: They look like demented insects!!!

I noticed this week that Walmart put their prices back up for the deluxe figures...from $7.77 to $9.86. Was going to pick up the new hound but got a little turned off when I saw the price increase...yes I know that $10 is the original price but I got used to the $7.77 since it was active for months.

So, does anybody have Ironhide, Ratchet, 08 Bumblebee, and Premium Jazz for sale? I want to get all the core Autobots from the movie line (and later the core Maximals).

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']So, does anybody have Ironhide, Ratchet, 08 Bumblebee, and Premium Jazz for sale? I want to get all the core Autobots from the movie line (and later the core Maximals).[/QUOTE]

If you're not looking for any cheap deal, and just want em eventually, at the very least Ironhide and BB are getting re-released with new scuplts (BB has a flip down mask and resculpted front end for the car, Ironhide has new paint aps and imho a cooler weapon). I assume Ratchet will be back in toy form in this same fashion (they're also re-releaseing the 20.00 Prime, while the 40 or 50.00 Movie 2 Prime will be a brand new figure).

BB is also gonna be relased with human passenger figures. Seems to be a new mold, so where above I mentioned the remold, may have been an early test shot of this one. Either way, it's an 08 BB fig.

http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?info_id=1977
http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?info_id=1975

Jazz, well, there are rumors he's coming back, but they are very likely to be just that, rumors. I wouldn't bank on a rerelease of the fig. He's still up on HBTS, though I don't know any current coupons.
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&SBR=416&ID=21452

bread's done
Back