10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blandstalker']They were 5.99, 7.99 at expensive stores. Of course, that's 1980s money.

Deluxe Insecticons were more -- that's what you're probably thinking about -- and were not as easily available.

For a collectors item, it's not outrageous. It would go down a lot easier at $30, though.

Perceptor, however, is outrageous. No excuse for that being $35.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure? Considering ALL the G1 cars were $30 BEFORE the gas price hike cause all the base prices to go up on all the Transformers size classes. I think that $35 for a figure that is bigger than those cars to be a decent cost.

[quote name='blandstalker']They were 5.99, 7.99 at expensive stores. Of course, that's 1980s money.

Deluxe Insecticons were more -- that's what you're probably thinking about -- and were not as easily available.

For a collectors item, it's not outrageous. It would go down a lot easier at $30, though.

Perceptor, however, is outrageous. No excuse for that being $35.[/QUOTE]

I should have been more clear in my earlier post. While I do feel as if Perceptor is a complete rip-off at $35, the Insecticons aren't too bad for the price. I'm still not bringing myself to buying them but they are somewhat more reasonable than Perceptor at that price point.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have the 25th Anniversary G1 Optimus Prime in next week's 2 day ad (12/11-12/12) for $34.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks Prim...going to get at least one more. Has anyone opened this one up? Does it come with the larger fists and larger gun, or the smaller sized ones?

And is the wheelie the grey or blue version?

[quote name='n10zguy']How do you figure? Considering ALL the G1 cars were $30 BEFORE the gas price hike cause all the base prices to go up on all the Transformers size classes. I think that $35 for a figure that is bigger than those cars to be a decent cost.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Where on earth were the G1 cars (i.e. Jazz, Hound, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker Bluestreak etc.) $30 "before the gas price hike"?

Ahhh, never mind. You mean the first collection of G1 reissues, the Toys R Us exclusive reissues. Yeah, that was a monster rip off, especially for less appealing 'bots like Skids and Grapple, and even Hoist and Inferno. The most popular ones like the ones I listed above, I could see charging the premium of $30-35 for, same with the Seekers, but really they should have been $20 or $25 at the very most, before any discounting/clearance.

I thought you were originally talking about the actual G1 cars, which if I recall correctly, were $9.99 MSRP and between $9.99 and $14.99 at most stores. Seekers were $19.99 to $24.99, the minibots were $2.99 to $4.99. I think Megatron was $29.99 or $34.99, Optimus $34.99? Soundwave, $24.99.

If I only knew then what I know now. I would have bought out the inventory of every store I'd be able to find them. fucking KMart had a sale when the transformers were first released (late 1983? 1984?) right before Christmas, with the Seekers, Megatron, and Soundwave all advertised on sale. I think the 3 first seekers were $14.99 each...of course they were all sold out and I remember we got a raincheck that was never fulfilled on them, but I did get Megatron and Soundwave from that sale LOL.

As for the pricing on Perceptor and the 3 Insecticons, yes absolutely they are overpriced, and should be $25 at most. the Insecticons offer a better value, but I actually did enjoy Perceptor a lot as a kid. I also had a black KO version of him that I played with a lot, and it looked cool as fuck in tank mode. Better than just about any Megatron tank I've seen. I'd say he'd be a solid deal at $20 or less, as you're basically getting a seeker or deluxe autobot size robot/vehicle with him.

[quote name='techstar25']TRU has Transformers Voyagers 50% off today (Wednesday, 12/09) only. Online they are listed as $10.99. You would have better luck searching your local store though.
You can see the ad here:
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&[/QUOTE]

Nice find! Too bad they never have any I like when I go in. I just keep hoping they'll get one last shipment of the Animated Ultra Magnus back in and on sale. I just couldn't justify spending (as I recall) $40+ for any one figure, no matter how cool it looked.

Unless it was Prime. He's worth just about anything.

Also, I have to agree about the Insecticon original price. I never paid over $8 for any of them when I was a kid. They were one of the usual $6 figures.

If you missed out on today's voyager sale, they will be on sale again on Sunday and Monday(12/13 - 12/14) for the same price.

The Animated Roll Out Optimus Prime will also be 50% off the same 2 days.

Went to Wal-Mart tonight and they had Roadbuster Ultra Magnus for $20.

Didn't really need it, but I have an original Roadbuster and the color scheme kinda works.

Devestator has rolled back to $80. Skywarp was nowhere to be found.

Be VERY careful when selecting a 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime from TRU for half off.

I had to go to two locations to get one that didn't have something missing, didn't have severe box/figure/comic damage, etc. - some even had the comic missing, accessories missing.

I asked at the second TRU if they had any more in the back, and they actually brought out a couple of fresh boxes for me and opened them right there, so I got a couple of freshies...

Is this a new 25th anniversary prime, or the same one from a year or two back?

--

Oh, and if you're into Mighty Muggs, a CAG has reported that the new TF wave is available at TRU.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is this a new 25th anniversary prime, or the same one from a year or two back?

--

Oh, and if you're into Mighty Muggs, a CAG has reported that the new TF wave is available at TRU.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's new...the only ones I remember prior to this are the (20th Anniversary?) Optimus Prime reissue at TRU, and the Masterpiece Optimus Prime.

This one comes with the comic and a smaller voicebox, as well as some other DVD, I think it's the Optimus versus Megatron greatest battles or something. I don't think this set was out a couple of years ago...

This is the one (fyi it comes with the blue roller and smaller fists/gun, and short smokestacks...and feels like substantially cheaper plastic than an original G1 Optimus):

optimus-prime-25th-anniversary-ensemble.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is this a new 25th anniversary prime, or the same one from a year or two back?
[/QUOTE]
Actually this one came at the end of 2008. But yes, it's the newest version.
karkyco is right. The other version was from well, five years ago. It was the 20th Anniversary Prime, which was "Masterpiece Prime".

I'm not sure if it's just my Fred Meyer, but when I checked out the Deluxes from the newer movie, they were down to $5.99 and said it wouldn't expire till 1/07/10

Got a big surprise at Target today as I saw some new Animated repaints.

Freeway Jazz which just looked to be a gray repaint...ugly if you ask me.

Something Soundwave which replaces the Laserbeak guitar with a Ratbat keyboard.

But the coolest part, if its true, is that the packages had images of Arcee! and a Cybertron version of Ratchet. These two were not on the shelves, so I'm not sure if this is just a big tease...but I know I will be looking everywhere for Arcee now.

[quote name='180husher']Got a big surprise at Target today as I saw some new Animated repaints.

Freeway Jazz which just looked to be a gray repaint...ugly if you ask me.

Something Soundwave which replaces the Laserbeak guitar with a Ratbat keyboard.

But the coolest part, if its true, is that the packages had images of Arcee! and a Cybertron version of Ratchet. These two were not on the shelves, so I'm not sure if this is just a big tease...but I know I will be looking everywhere for Arcee now.[/QUOTE]

Before you start looking all over you should know that Cybertron Ratchet and Arcee are Toys R Us exclusives. I haven't heard about anyone finding them yet either.

Nope, not out yet. Still looking for Electrostatic Soundwave (recolored Soundwave with Ratbat). No real interest in Freeway Jazz though. Arcee and Ratchet are gonna be tits though (along with Rodimus, which I don't recall if he is a TRU exclusive too or not)

[quote name='karkyco']I'm guessing it's new...the only ones I remember prior to this are the (20th Anniversary?) Optimus Prime reissue at TRU, and the Masterpiece Optimus Prime.

This one comes with the comic and a smaller voicebox, as well as some other DVD, I think it's the Optimus versus Megatron greatest battles or something. I don't think this set was out a couple of years ago...

This is the one (fyi it comes with the blue roller and smaller fists/gun, and short smokestacks...and feels like substantially cheaper plastic than an original G1 Optimus):

optimus-prime-25th-anniversary-ensemble.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool. I still have the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime sealed away in a closet.

On another note, I scored the Insecticons set at TRU yesterday :D

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nope, not out yet. Still looking for Electrostatic Soundwave (recolored Soundwave with Ratbat). No real interest in Freeway Jazz though. Arcee and Ratchet are gonna be tits though (along with Rodimus, which I don't recall if he is a TRU exclusive too or not)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I did notice the repaints at a TRU tonight, but no new figures.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nope, not out yet. Still looking for Electrostatic Soundwave (recolored Soundwave with Ratbat). No real interest in Freeway Jazz though. Arcee and Ratchet are gonna be tits though (along with Rodimus, which I don't recall if he is a TRU exclusive too or not)[/QUOTE]

Saw the Electrostatic Soundwave at TRU last night, but passed on it because the bubble was banged up (I'm funny like that). Did pick up Freeway Jazz and Mighty Muggs Shockwave and Jazz.

Wouldn't have minded a Universe Inferno for my desk at work, but the Voyager class toys were wiped out by the sale.

[quote name='blandstalker']Leader Jetfire is a Lightning Deal at 12:00 PST today.[/QUOTE]
$22 - not bad. I was thinking about getting the recently revealed Takara Jetfire/Buster Prime 2-pack, but I really don't need to spend that much money ($165 from BBTS + shipping).

Now I need to get Prime for cheap.

Jumped on Jetfire and also Movie 2 Ultimate Bumblebee ($30), picked up Stratosphere yesterday for $10. These Amazon Transformer deals came out of nowhere. o_O Usually Amazon is the last place I go to look for TF toys.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']The N.E.S.T wave of deluxe ROTF figures is out at some TRU.

I got Dirge! On sale this week too for $8.99.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I still haven't seen the new Animated figs, so I really doubt I'll see NEST figs any time soon :(

Botcon has been announced and is in my own backyard this year! It will be my first, woo! :D Details at botcon.com, but it will be from June 24th to June 27th in Orlando, FL at Disney World!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nice. I still haven't seen the new Animated figs, so I really doubt I'll see NEST figs any time soon :([/QUOTE]

Don't be too sure.

My TRU is typically slow, and they had the NEST figs today (though no sign of the new Animated ones).

Picked up Dirge. Also, Scouts are on sale at TRU today and tomorrow for $5 each.

I had a nice haul yesterday... got the 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime for 35, and also picked up the Transformers Universe Classic Dropshot for 6 dollars! It was a good day indeed. I waited a long time for the Optimus Prime to be put on clearance.

My sister works at American Greetings...I gotta ask her to hold me an Optimus Prime, the head with the voices. I thought that one was pretty cool.

On another note, I forgot to mention that I picked up the new TF Mighty Muggs wave last week at TRU. Jazz, Shockwave, Movie Optimus Prime, and Movie Bumblebee...they're all awesome.

[quote name='Inferno-X']Botcon has been announced and is in my own backyard this year! It will be my first, woo! :D Details at botcon.com, but it will be from June 24th to June 27th in Orlando, FL at Disney World![/QUOTE]
That's awesome. Thanks for the heads-up.
I live on the coast, east of Orlando. I'm only about an hour away from Disney World.

Spotted at Target today:

Animated Deluxe figures (including Freeway Jazz & Electrostatic Soundwave) $9
Animated Activators: $5

Marvel Crossovers Spidey/Iron-Man Combiner: $20

All are on clearance.

Bump bump! I picked up a Dirge, Armorhide, and Bludgeon last week from the new 2010 N.E.S.T Global Alliance line. All of these figures have a N.E.S.T. logo sticker inside the package. Save these stickers! You wouldn't know it from looking at the package, but if you collect three and buy the upcoming Bumblebee vs. Soundwave two pack (which includes the order form), you can mail away for a free deluxe Ravage (new repaint)!

[quote name='Inferno-X']Bump bump! I picked up a Dirge, Armorhide, and Bludgeon last week from the new 2010 N.E.S.T Global Alliance line. All of these figures have a N.E.S.T. logo sticker inside the package. Save these stickers! You wouldn't know it from looking at the package, but if you collect three and buy the upcoming Bumblebee vs. Soundwave two pack (which includes the order form), you can mail away for a free deluxe Ravage (new repaint)![/QUOTE]

As an addendum to what you'd said, you only need two other stickers than the bumblebee vs soundwave pack as there is a sticker in there. And it's not quite completely free as it's $4.95 for s/h.

Yeah, Dirge is awesome. Still hunting for Bludgeon. I really want that chromed ravage
1262332037_Ravage1.jpg
but already have too many BB's and HATE the SW mold (though lovin the classic recolor to it).

Anyone still seeing the TRU Insecticons? I picked up one before Christmas, but decided to gift it to a buddy of mine...I've seen a few Perceptors but no luck on a second Insecticon set :(

[quote name='manthing']Wal-Marts seem to be the place for the Skeleton Samurai[/QUOTE]

Only place I've even seen NEST figures has been Target out here. My stupid ass Walmart never gets anything new between January 1st and what seems like May 1st. Takes em FOREVER to do their inventory. :bomb:

Edit: posted this in the game thread, but figured I'd throw it here too: Prime proto for the game toy line:
war-for-cybertron-optimus-prime_1263136408.jpg

So, I was looking some stuff up on Amazon and stumbled across a listing for Transformers Animated Seasons 1 and 2, both going for over $70 new each!

Apparently the Animated series seasons are no longer in print. I have season 1 and 2 but since I didn't have cable I never saw season 3. I had planned on picking up the DVD at some point but now it looks like that simply isn't going to happen. Granted the 2 DVDs I do have are worth considerably more than I paid but I'd almost rather have season 3 than to say I have 2 rare out of print Transformers DVD :bomb: ah well...

bread's done
Back