10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brahma_bull_boy']Just picked up a masterpiece skywarp for $30 bucks as well. The walmart in waldorf md has two left.[/QUOTE]

The one in Ellicott City, MD still had them at $60 last week. I picked one up anyway, rather than risk having them dry up. Would like another for my desk at work, but only at a lower price.

Didn't make it to the one in Catonsville, and haven't seen them in Columbia in a while. Not sure if I'll be able to check again tonight, and the forecasted snow storm for Fri-Sun could make checking difficult for the days after.

[quote name='Bloomy']The one in Ellicott City, MD still had them at $60 last week. I picked one up anyway, rather than risk having them dry up. Would like another for my desk at work, but only at a lower price.[/QUOTE]
Still there today. The shelf says 60, and I didn't bother to scan.

The Wal Marts in upstate NY have had the MP Skywarps listed for $60 for a while and I finally found one discounted for $30 this week and snagged it

Target in my area had some of the old Stars Wars Crossover toys, they had them in a "blockbuster value" 2 for 16.99. I bought General Grievous / Obi Wan and Captain rex/Anakin figures. I'm not too fond of obi wan's robot mode.. but the others are cool.

The Skywarps are a national price of $30 despite what the tag says. It will ring up as $30 minimum now.

[quote name='bentla']The Wal Marts in upstate NY have had the MP Skywarps listed for $60 for a while and I finally found one discounted for $30 this week and snagged it[/QUOTE]

bentla where are you located? I'm in Albany, NY and would love to snag a $30 Skywarp.

good hunt today, found a couple of the new Animated Arcee n cybetron Ratchet =) also MM shockwave... kinda regret not buyin ratchet tho, their barely out so next time ;P

[quote name='177adjen17']good hunt today, found a couple of the new Animated Arcee n cybetron Ratchet =) also MM shockwave... kinda regret not buyin ratchet tho, their barely out so next time ;P[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. I keep stopping by my local TRUs and they aren't there yet. Or they've been picked clean.

Store exclusives are annoying.

[quote name='blandstalker']I'm jealous. I keep stopping by my local TRUs and they aren't there yet. Or they've been picked clean.

Store exclusives are annoying.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too worried yet. They're really just starting to trickle into stores. About 3 stores in the Chicagoland area have em from what I've seen, but none out in boofoo near me yet.

Store exclusives are a pain in the ass though because it's always one of 2 things:
I get paranoid I'll never see em, buy em for a bit over cost from someone... then they're everywhere.

Or, I figure they'll be everywhere... and never see em.

[quote name='blandstalker']I'm jealous. I keep stopping by my local TRUs and they aren't there yet. Or they've been picked clean.

Store exclusives are annoying.[/QUOTE]

my local 1s get picked on constantly n then they turn out @ the coll. swapmeet :(.... i just happen 2go2 one that's slightly out of my way from work... so since it was crazy traffic i was killing time on my way home

Score! Picked up a Masterpiece Skywarp for $30. Found him at the Clifton Park, NY Walmart. Last one. Thanks for all the info guys!

I gotta go to the ghetto Walmart and see if they still have any. I already have a couple of the Takara one, but wouldn't mind a couple of the US release.

I also picked up a loose original "Deluxe Autobot" Whirl along with some old Macross/Robotech figures for $20 total.

He's unstickered except for the rubsign and doesn't include any of the accessories, but since I have the Japanese version (Oberon/Ovelon Gazzette) of him (dark blue) so I can just use its weapons.

So that's one less G1 I have to track down...I think I'm only missing 4 or 5 G1s at this point (well, at least the 4 or 5 I actually want...don't really care about anything post-Headmasters/Targetmasters/Powermasters) - Skywarp, Ramjet, Slag, and Sky Lynx. I thought I was missing another one, but for the life of me I can't think of which one it is...oh yeah, Octane. Not sure if I have him or not, have to check the collection when I get a chance.

Picked up a Masterpiece Skywarp and now have deep regrets about selling my Masterpiece Starscream months ago, but I was broke and needed the money. Now to track down another Starscream somewhere.

din't know that these were out but got brawn n lockdown :lol:
DSC01020.jpg

I saw the whole new wave last night including all the NEST voyagers. I just can't bring myself to spend any money right now though. The decepticon stealth bomber, I forgot its name, was pretty awesome though.

Damn, most of that new wave is still nowhere to be seen near me. I did find Breakdown (scout) Arcee and Jolt (legends) and Legends Devestator (Walmart exclusive), so the cases are trickling in. Also found Iron Man/Spiderman Crossovers 2 pack on clearance for 17.97 (50% off) at walmart.

I visited two Walmarts today... looking for Skywarp.; had no luck! anyone find skywarp in a miami Walmart.. please let me know.

Just got my TRU Exclusive Arcee. I'm pretty content now. Just gotta go back for Ratchet at some point. Otherwise I just need to find Brawn out of newer figs.

That's a great looking shockwave render. I really hope they come out with a fig that looks some where close to looking that good. The shockblast figure looks somewhere in the neighborhood of that minus his huge gun hand.

That Shockwave looks amazing, but of course, being a diehard G1 fan, hopefully they will reverse the arms so his blaster arm is his left not his right :lol:

i found a MP SKywarp at Walmart!!!!!!!!!!! I had the hardest time, trying to get his head to go into Jet Mode... it was crazy. There's still about 3 more at the Walmart in North Miami, back wall clearance shelf. The Skywarp that I bought was labled 25, rung up as 30, but the staff gave it to me for 25 (not 30).

edit: alo picked up hardhead for 15 dollars. Twas a good day indeed.

Toyfair is tomorrow, but the TFCC has pics up in the member exclusive area. You didn't hear this from me, but they're also up on /toys... Again, I never told you this! :D

Most look pretty cool, though I don't like how the new Power Core Combiners 5 pack gestalts are essentially Energon Prime (1 transforming core, and 4 vehicle/limb drones), especially when Legends Devy is so damned nice and each fig there has all 3 modes. Oh well, I'll still buy em.

Wow Masterpiece skywarp like crazy at my local Wal-mart (Tempe AZ). I picked one up! They weren't stocked in the Transformers area, it was the "clearance" area.

Damn it, no go at my ghetto Walmart on Skywarp. They had a huge endcap full of the things at $60, now they are nowhere to be found. Anyone got an extra to spare? Lemme know how much, if so, shipped to L.A. Thanks!

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Yay to Masterpiece Grimlock coming with the crown. Boo-urns to it being a TRU exclusive.[/QUOTE]

So its getting a US release finally?!?!

At least its not a Walmart exclusive... Then again, ToysRUs is just about as bad as them as far as distribution goes.

I'm more scared about the price than anything, Starscream was $50, Skywarp was $60, and Grimlock being more fancy will probably cost $70. For $70 I can get a Soul of Chogokin.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']I'm more scared about the price than anything, Starscream was $50, Skywarp was $60, and Grimlock being more fancy will probably cost $70. For $70 I can get a Soul of Chogokin.[/QUOTE]

That is true, as any Lego fan can tell you, TRU gouges the SHIT out of their prices.

If it's at the $60 price tag I can justify buying it. I spent $50 on Starscream and totally regret selling him, hell I even regret selling my DVD Masterpiece Prime.

So the only way to see the picture of Masterpiece Grimlock is to be a FT Club member? Damn, I want to see....hopefully he's released soon. And he's going to be TRU exclusive?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']So the only way to see the picture of Masterpiece Grimlock is to be a FT Club member? Damn, I want to see....hopefully he's released soon. And he's going to be TRU exclusive?[/QUOTE]
There are a bunch of links here:
http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-transformers-info-and.html
This is the page with the photo of Grimlock:
http://tformers.com/transformers-to...ased-exclusively-by-toys-r-us/13062/news.html
It looks like it will be the "King Grimlock" figure that is release here in the states:
http://www.toywizard.net/transformers-masterpiece-mp-08x-king-grimlock/

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Most look pretty cool, though I don't like how the new Power Core Combiners 5 pack gestalts are essentially Energon Prime (1 transforming core, and 4 vehicle/limb drones), especially when Legends Devy is so damned nice and each fig there has all 3 modes. Oh well, I'll still buy em.[/QUOTE]

One thing that's nicer than the Energon Prime combiners is that they don't have the dorky "hands" and "feet", which also happen to be dorky looking "weapons". Besides cluttering up the vehicles, they were a pain.

These look nice without them. So long as they're also a little more stable than the Energon combiners, I'm happy.

Thanks for the pics, Jen!

And yeah, Drift does look very nice.

[quote name='blandstalker']One thing that's nicer than the Energon Prime combiners is that they don't have the dorky "hands" and "feet", which also happen to be dorky looking "weapons". Besides cluttering up the vehicles, they were a pain.

These look nice without them. So long as they're also a little more stable than the Energon combiners, I'm happy.

Thanks for the pics, Jen!

And yeah, Drift does look very nice.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking Energon Prime, how his power up mode was just his drones attaching to his limbs. The Energon Combiner teams were actually pretty good imho, though I agree with your assessment of the "hands" and "feet". Bruticus did a decent job (the hellicopter weapons in particular were pretty good hands), but Devestator and Superion pretty craptastic hands and feet.

All told, decent Toy Fair this year. Gonna be another expensive year...

[quote name='Thomas96']is it possible to get a masterpiece thundercracker from any where?[/QUOTE]

There is no word on an MP Thundercracker, but I'm still hoping they'll release him. Maybe he'll be the Wal-Mart exclusive? Two MPs in one year would be phenomenal, but would also be death of our wallets!

I'd prefer a US release because Hasbro usually makes them more G1 accurate with the stripes on the wings. They'd probably fix that banana nipples issue that the Takara version had.

[quote name='177adjen17']new combiners:
aerialbots

combaticons

Transformers: Generations. This line is sort of like the Universe - part 3
wobble

vid
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post, the Thrust figure is pretty good. I think I would pick that up if I saw it on the shelf. And while I appreciate the new combiners how is it that the original G1 combiner sets still look so much cooler? I dunno maybe I'm just old.

The Darkmount figure from the link someone posted also looks great. I didn't read the comic books growing up but I don't care I don't know who the character is. The mold from the little picture makes it look like a really nice fig.

[quote name='KingDox']And while I appreciate the new combiners how is it that the original G1 combiner sets still look so much cooler? I dunno maybe I'm just old. [/QUOTE]

That makes 2 of us. I don't get it. If Beast Wars and Car Robots/RID could get combiners right, why can't they now?

[quote name='KingDox']The Darkmount figure from the link someone posted also looks great. I didn't read the comic books growing up but I don't care I don't know who the character is. The mold from the little picture makes it look like a really nice fig.[/QUOTE]

From the Marvel UK comics anyway, not that I read any of the TF comics.

[quote name='DjHero_X']I saw somewhere on here that Leo Prime was like 4.86.. Anyone know want store it was?[/QUOTE]

Target, although all the stores around me are still at $9.98, so YMMV.

My local Target also has clearanced the remaining animated figures.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']There is no word on an MP Thundercracker, but I'm still hoping they'll release him. Maybe he'll be the Wal-Mart exclusive? Two MPs in one year would be phenomenal, but would also be death of our wallets!

I'd prefer a US release because Hasbro usually makes them more G1 accurate with the stripes on the wings. They'd probably fix that banana nipples issue that the Takara version had.[/QUOTE]

thanks! I was under the impression that he was released and I had missed it. If they released the other two then they have to release the 3rd...so that people can have the set. I definitely want to add Thundercracker to my collection.

bread's done
Back