• Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
032110_Em_TRU_EasterDOTD_01.jpg

032110_Em_TRU_EasterDOTD_02.jpg

032110_Em_TRU_EasterDOTD_03.jpg

B1G1 50% off Hasboro Transformers toys @ TRU. Sunday Only!

4 Skywarps showed up at the local Walmart today for $15. Must have been the same ones that vanished from the shelf 2-3 months ago.

Now why can't Arcee just "show up" at TRU?

Yeah, this is just stupid. They've been out for how long now, and still no sign of the Animated exclusives at TRU? We are so boned for when Masterpiece Grimlock comes out...

Stopped at 3 TRU today and none had Arcee as usual. However, when I asked them to scan to see if they had any in the back 2 of the 3 said there are none at the distribution center which meant they wouldn't be getting any more at all. I'm hoping the TRU exclusive ones have a slightly different SKU so this doesn't turn out to be true.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Yeah, this is just stupid. They've been out for how long now, and still no sign of the Animated exclusives at TRU? We are so boned for when Masterpiece Grimlock comes out...[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. The difference there is the fact that Animated Arcee wasn't released in Japan over a year ago. MP Grimlock was. So all the collector's out there that want one already have one. Animated Arcee is a highly desired item for collectors which prompted the scumbags to come out of the woodwork to snatch them all up and scalp them for higher prices. You may THINK that your TRU hasn't gotten them but the reality is that these people come to your TRU as soon as they open on the day that TRU gets a truck and get them as soon as they open, so you never actually see them. In some cases, even employees are getting them and not even putting them out. I know MY TRU has gotten shipments of them in 3 times and not once have they ever hit the pegs. Which is why I am glad I have a friend that works there. 8)

When MP Grimlock comes out, I wouldnt expect the same reaction.

Ah, good point. There may yet be hope for MP Grimmy :D Anyone see any extra Arcee/Ratchet, hook a brother up? I'm gonna stop by in the next couple days, but I'm not exactly optimistic.

[quote name='180husher']Stopped at 3 TRU today and none had Arcee as usual. However, when I asked them to scan to see if they had any in the back 2 of the 3 said there are none at the distribution center which meant they wouldn't be getting any more at all. I'm hoping the TRU exclusive ones have a slightly different SKU so this doesn't turn out to be true.[/QUOTE]

The animated figures are an active item in the system. So it is something that should be coming back in stock. I have yet to see the new figures at my store. We got in a case of some old stuff last week, but before that, we had been out of stock for at least 5 weeks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Heads up:

I'm about to order one.[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind poor quality knockoffs, go ahead. Meritline is known for selling poor quailty electronics and these are the knockoff Ravages that have been popping up lately and havent been getting a lot of good reviews.

[quote name='prim4444']The animated figures are an active item in the system. So it is something that should be coming back in stock. I have yet to see the new figures at my store. We got in a case of some old stuff last week, but before that, we had been out of stock for at least 5 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I saw a new shipment of Ratchets a couple of weeks ago, so they're not dead yet. Unfortunately, I've only seen older Animated shipments since then. And the four (count 'em, four) Ratchets they received are long gone.

One other change is that you can now order 3 of the 4 recent Animated figures at TRU.com (and that's Ratchet, Electrostatic Soundwave, and Freeway Jazz). Ratchet wasn't available there before last week. It may be out of stock now, but that it was available at all gives me hope that Arcee may make an appearance there.

I absolutely hate this. If I wasn't so insanely busy, I'd write them a really nasty letter. I am really fucking sick of checking TRU.

Didn't know the arcee was that rare.. I've passed 8.... sadly saw em all in other towns, no TRU actually *in* my town. :/ Done hunting for figures I actually collect, so likely won't be back by any.

[quote name='n10zguy']If you dont mind poor quality knockoffs, go ahead. Meritline is known for selling poor quailty electronics and these are the knockoff Ravages that have been popping up lately and havent been getting a lot of good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I was actually coming here to post this, since my buddy just IM'd me about it. Didn't realize there were bootlegs. phew.

[quote name='georox']Didn't know the arcee was that rare.. I've passed 8.... sadly saw em all in other towns, no TRU actually *in* my town. :/ Done hunting for figures I actually collect, so likely won't be back by any.[/QUOTE]

Oh you fool! jk, sucks when that happens, don't it? I passed on Energon Ultra Magnus, cuz I figured, "yeah, it's a nice recolor, but I already have the red version from Armada" and low, it was never seen again, and is now one of the rarer figures to come out in the past chunk of years...

[quote name='n10zguy']If you dont mind poor quality knockoffs, go ahead. Meritline is known for selling poor quailty electronics and these are the knockoff Ravages that have been popping up lately and havent been getting a lot of good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured as much but for that price, I took my chances.

I finally picked up something to post in this thread! Got the ROF Devastator from Kmart for $40 bucks! Honestly, its a pretty damn nifty toy for $40. :)

Managed to find ONE animated Cybertron Ratchet at my local TRU. The package definitely took a hit somewhere (the plastic shell is actually ripped through the back), but considering I take 'em out and stand 'em up, I can live with that. Still no Arcees though, although an employee said he saw them recently (he remembered the pink figure)--and some woman came in and bought the whole lot of 'em. He had no idea they were exclusive to his store, and I told him that they need to impose limits on those two figures.

He sounded genuine in that he'd suggest to his manager about it, but that would require a store notice, and I don't see that becoming policy.

thanks to this thread I've been buying a lot of transformers, how do you guys store them? I've been keeping mine in the box for now. my wife suggested a shelf, but I'm not too keen on that. Please give me some advice.

lol, I open em up cuz I like to transform them back and forth a lot, so I keep the boxes in large cardboard boxes up in the attic, and the figs get crammed into storage totes. Not the best "collector" method, but it works. Shelves are too much effort/money/space. Prolly have at least 30 bins full. I just try to be careful that more fragile figures (like most helicopter blades), or those with that fucking easily warped "super soft plastic" (like ROTF Prime's smoke stacks) don't have any other figs sitting on those parts

Got an extra Paleomax Megazord and was able to trade it for a Wal-Mart MP Starscream. He was the TF I regret selling off the most, now to track down a Masterpiece Prime.

Finally decided to pick up Brawn. Glad I have myself an animated Arcee thanks to my buddy who works at TRU. Cybertron Ratchet if I recall correctly isn't too big a seller when compared to Arcee. Otherwise still hoping to see MP Skywarp drop to $15...don't want to pay $30. Then again I already have Starscream so I don't need Skywarp really. I did notice one Target that had a whole lot of Bludgeons shelf warming the voyager section.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Got an extra Paleomax Megazord and was able to trade it for a Wal-Mart MP Starscream. He was the TF I regret selling off the most, now to track down a Masterpiece Prime.[/QUOTE]

Is that Paleomax hard to find?

I've seen it in multiple TJ Maxx/Marshalls for $12.99 along with the other PR:SpeedRangers(?) zord for the same price.

I paid $24 for Skywarp from my Walmart. cant wait for the Generations line cause dammit I want Drift

yea the RPM zords are rare I still want to get a full set of them eventually cause I love the japanese series its based off of

Was tempted to get a complete G12 but decided not to if Shinkenger is coming stateside next year or so...

Did notice Animated Swindle at Big Lots earlier for $12. While at Wal-Mart, checked their clearance toy section...had Sentinel Primes for $7. Already have most of the animated figs so no real interest for me.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Was tempted to get a complete G12 but decided not to if Shinkenger is coming stateside next year or so...

Did notice Animated Swindle at Big Lots earlier for $12. While at Wal-Mart, checked their clearance toy section...had Sentinel Primes for $7. Already have most of the animated figs so no real interest for me.[/QUOTE]
its a shame really how different Shinkenger will be if it is truly brought here and americanized. the suits the mech everything will need an overhaul to not look japanese

Can't think of any other figs I need besides Animated Cybertron mode Ratchet. Well...guess I'll think about this one if Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 off.

Looking to finish up my animated collection, maybe I can pickup Lugnut today and get leader Bulkhead for $10 (He has been on clearance for $20 recently). I only want Bulkhead for the headmaster. :D

[quote name='manthing']Is that Paleomax hard to find?

I've seen it in multiple TJ Maxx/Marshalls for $12.99 along with the other PR:SpeedRangers(?) zord for the same price.[/QUOTE]

It was a gift from the GF and she said that she found it at TJ Maxx for $14.99. The distribution for RPM was awful and the Zords minus High Octane were fairly hard to find, I only saw Valvemax bundled with the High Octane at TRU, never saw Mach in stores, and got my Paleomax at Target.

As for Transformers, I decided to try and track down a few Animated figures surprisingly all ones I didn't pick up when the show was still on. Got a Shockwave and still need to find Voyager Bulkhead, Ultra Magnus, and Arcee.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']It was a gift from the GF and she said that she found it at TJ Maxx for $14.99. The distribution for RPM was awful and the Zords minus High Octane were fairly hard to find, I only saw Valvemax bundled with the High Octane at TRU, never saw Mach in stores, and got my Paleomax at Target.

As for Transformers, I decided to try and track down a few Animated figures surprisingly all ones I didn't pick up when the show was still on. Got a Shockwave and still need to find Voyager Bulkhead, Ultra Magnus, and Arcee.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Ultra Magnus for $20 at just about every TRU I've stopped at lately. Couple of stores also restocked their deluxe animated figures with first run assortments...Prime, Bumblebee, etc.. I think they did this just to fuck with me as I saw full pegs from a distance and got my hopes up of finding tons of Arcees only to find ones I already bought two years ago.

[quote name='180husher']I've seen Ultra Magnus for $20 at just about every TRU I've stopped at lately. Couple of stores also restocked their deluxe animated figures with first run assortments...Prime, Bumblebee, etc.. I think they did this just to fuck with me as I saw full pegs from a distance and got my hopes up of finding tons of Arcees only to find ones I already bought two years ago.[/QUOTE]

My TRU has nothing but Leader Megatron for $20, they did have about 4 Cybertron Ratchets but no Arcees to,

I saw that on Clearance at Toys R Us for less (I forget what it was exactly). I guess ti depends on how much you want it. I think it's a pretty nice re-issue of the G1 Optimus Prime.

I don't think I've seen it at my local Toys R' Us. Not sure if any near me even have it in stock. Or maybe I should just wait, the shipping is pretty expensive.

[quote name='apathylad']The TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GI SERIES 25th Anniversary OPTIMUS PRIME with DVD is selling at hasbrotoyshop.com for $59.99, and there's a 25% off coupon banner (clear25). I'm looking at the total, and with taxes and shipping, it will cost $59.75.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=222&ST=SO&ID=22776&PG=2

Do any of you think this is a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Got it for $15 at JCPenney Outlet (B&M store) before Christmas. Saw it on clearance back in January of '09 at Target for $35. It's really not all that great, unless you're really nostalgic for G1 Prime. I much prefer my Transformers Classic Prime and Animated Prime.

[quote name='apathylad']The TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GI SERIES 25th Anniversary OPTIMUS PRIME with DVD is selling at hasbrotoyshop.com for $59.99, and there's a 25% off coupon banner (clear25). I'm looking at the total, and with taxes and shipping, it will cost $59.75.

I gotta tell you, I opened one of them up and directly compared it to an original. The plastic is a LOT cheaper, at least feels that way, particularly on Optimus's arms/cab. I'm sure these were very overproduced and you will be able to find better deals if you look hard enough.

TRU had them for $34.99 during Christmas (and around that or maybe less now on clearance if you can find them), and amazon had them around $30 at the lowest as well.

It's a great little set, but I wouldn't pay more than $40 for it ($50 if it was hard to find and I didn't have enough original Optimuses already), and that's pushing it. $30-$35 or even less would be a good deal.

Just picked up MP Skywarp for my bf, it was $30 but it was the last one they had... so it was either that price or nothing, so I went for it.

Is the Shockwave Mighty Mugg still available at TRU? We might have waited too long to get it, I think.

[quote name='animalspinners']
Is the Shockwave Mighty Mugg still available at TRU? We might have waited too long to get it, I think.[/QUOTE]

I saw that complete wave(G1 Jazz, G1 Shockwave, Movie Bee&Prime) at a TRU on Monday

I love the irony of how the coupon code is for 25 PERCENT off, but in the end it only takes 25 CENTS off. I don't mean to be a sarcastic bastard. I just thought it was humorous.

Indeed. Looks hella complex for a deluxe, even though the alt mode is a bit bland.

On a side note, I still have yet to see: Animated TRU exclusives or any of new ROTF deluxes or basics. Stupid distribution/overstock from Christmas still around here. My local Walmart is completely overflowing with figures barely fitting on the pegs... figures from October/November release :(

[quote name='techstar25']TRU is running the buy one get one 50% off TFs on April 9th and 10th. In store only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I might as well stop by on my way home from campus today then. Cross your fingers they have some Animated figs. Anyone else need em? If they do (I doubt it), I'd happily pick some up for you guys. Just paypal me cost + shipping. I'll def. be stopping by either today or tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know what I find.

Edit: and of COURSE they didn't :bomb: Not a single recent figure to be found, and the only Animated are the same Prime and BB that've been sitting on the pegs since December...

Did end up finally finding Deluxe Ratchet and Lockdown at the Target across the street, though of course I didn't think to snag a TRU ad to PM the B1G1 50% off... ah well.

bread's done
Back