10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we can expect Optimus Prime's trailer to finally show up with the Transformers 3 movie line:

ZZ67454BF0.jpg

ZZ2A1E59F9small.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/12...video-from-the-chicago-set-of-transformers-3/

[quote name='180husher']Target has just started clearance of about every Transformer toy on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this finally means they are getting the new figures... I hate having to wait this long, when some people have already gotten every new figure already =/

Haven't been keeping up enough with news on the toy lines coming. Didn't know about the new packaging style for the Hunt for the Decepticons line, so I thought the first TRU I visited tonight had some WFC figures. Passed on the Power Core Combiner teams, but picked up Smolder / Chopster and Huffer / Caliburst the at B1G1 50% off. Didn't see anything else I wanted to pair with Searchlight. Also found NiGHTS : Journey of Dreams for $10.

No luck at 2 other TRUs, one of which didn't even have the new figures out yet. Also stopped at a Wal-Mart. They had some new figures (no WFC), and still had a Masterpiece Skywarp. Scanned for $30, been waiting for $15.

One of the episodes of Pawn Stars on the History Channel tonight had a guy trying to sell a large collection of Transformers. It was mostly G1, with a lot of duplicates. He had a couple Fort Maxes, 2 Trypticons, maybe 6-7 Skorponoks, a bunch of Sky Lynxes. Most stuff was standing loose on the floor of a room in his house, though he did have some boxes. First visit to the guy's place is about halfway through the episode, and the next visit was in the last few minutes. Guy wanted $18k-20k for it, a toy expert said the collection was worth about $15k-20k, but the pawn shop guy didn't want to go over $10k.

It will air again tonight at 2am Eastern, then 7/14 at 9pm Eastern.

http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/episodes/season-2#slide-1

Anyone watch tonight's ep of History Channel's Pawn Stars? Rick and Chumley visited a TF fan who had quite an impressive collection he had to get rid of for a new baby. Guy had like 2 Fortress Maximuses, their boxes, half a dozen Omega Supremes and G1 Mirages (my personal favorite Autobot), all the gestalts, and just countless multiples of others that just left my jaw on the floor. Blasters, Soundwaves, combiner tapes, the twinbots (at least 4-5 pair), and a line of Optimuses--G1 and Powermasters. He even had a pair of G1 Whirls!
pawnstarstransformers7.jpg

Anyways, Rick calls in a collector professional, says the collection's easily worth $20K, more if you sell it separately; the collector was asking about that. Rick as usual lowballed the guy, claimed it'd cost $5K in labor costs to research, separate and sell the collection, and only offered $5K to buy it all. The collector said no. Then Rick doubles his offer.

Fortunately our fellow collector was no chump, knew the value, and told the guys to politely take a hike.
Man, I'd love to take some of that off that guy's hands myself though...
pawnstarstransformers5.jpg

Anyways, here's a link to a breakdown of the segment from another site.

Edit: Sorry Bloomy, I only read the first half of your post. Just consider my breakdown an additional info to the whole thing. :D

[quote name='Watchman']Edit: Sorry Bloomy, I only read the first half of your post. Just consider my breakdown an additional info to the whole thing. :D[/QUOTE]

That's OK, the screen grabs, especially Chumlee's reaction shot, deserved another post. I completely missed that Trypticon lineup from the initial airing, I only noticed 2, as well as the Omega lineup.

[quote name='180husher']Target has just started clearance of about every Transformer toy on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm. I just picked up Deluxe Wave 1 Rampage at my local Target (West Melbourne, FL). It was the only one I didn't already have.
The Deluxes are $7.06 and the Voyagers are $15.xx. The Leaders are $24.xx. The Scouts are $4.xx. Prices are YMMV though.

Unfortunately the selection was all Tuner Mudflaps, Leader Prime, Voyager Long Haul, and Scout "toaster oven guy".

[quote name='E-Z-B']

Also, a Hydro Dive bumblebee:

hydrodive.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Seriously Hasbro, quit fucking with us already. Either release the hydro bumblebee and rodimus or announce the end of the line.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']$179! :shock:

I wish I could, but I can't :[[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!

I can't bring myself to pay $180 and then leave it in the box, but I also can't bring myself to pay $180 and open it knowing it's a collectors item. My limit on TF toys is just about $60 or $70.

preordered! Thanks for the heads up. I'm not missing out on this guy again. By the time I got around to looking into the last reissue, it was over 250. The way I figure it, Perceptor was 30 bones in the US, and these guys are all about the same size as him, so if Hasbro reissued it here they would be 30 x 5 = 150 + tax, so ~190 shipped for an imported G1 gestalt reissue is justifiable to me.

I am going to cancel my seacons though. I just can't justify that price for a couple weapons/accessories and tentakil (since I have all the others). I'll just get a G1 tentakil on ebay or something if I decide I absolutely must have it.

Local Target had the TF's at 30% and 50% off depending on the figure... they had a shit ton of Mudflaps, from all different lines.

What I did find when searching through the five or so areas of clearance, was the deluxe Ratchet for $8, and the Soundwave / Bumblebee two pack for $10. It was the last one of each, and this is probably the last time I'll see them at retail so I bought them.

They also had a Voyager Ratchet for $14... I stuck it back in the clearance and I'll go in a few days to see if it drops to under $10.

Mother Effer. $180 ? didn't we just talk about how expensive this damn thing was the last time it came out? 180 bucks is like my Transformers budget for like 3 years. The sad part is there really is a part of me that still wants it. Maybe I can treat it as a Bday present to myself.

Around how much did the first re-issue cost the last time it was out?

Went ahead and preordered Predaking (couldn't resist it after all)... after seeing Ebay prices, realizing that Hasbro won't ever touch it to bring it out here, and wanting it as a kid (had almost all the other combiners except Menasor, Predaking, and the Seacons... cmon Stunticons, only you are left!!!) I preordered.

They don't charge your card until it ships, it's not shipping until 4th quarter sometime anyways so *plenty* of time to save money, and I'd rather lock in the preorder and change my mind then miss the opportunity.

Total with shipping was $200... but fuck it, it's worth it. I'll just put $15 a week into a Predaking fund and make up the difference whenever it ships, so it won't hit me that hard.

Especially after I just bitched a few weeks ago that I'm sick of Hasbro giving us the same 2 gestalts over and over again, I think I'll go ahead and preorder the Seacons too.

[quote name='KingDox']Mother Effer. $180 ? didn't we just talk about how expensive this damn thing was the last time it came out? 180 bucks is like my Transformers budget for like 3 years. The sad part is there really is a part of me that still wants it. Maybe I can treat it as a Bday present to myself.

Around how much did the first re-issue cost the last time it was out?[/QUOTE]

I bought it from BBTS on 1/11/05 for $163.99, and they had gotten them in stock on 12/14/04, so there wasn't much time for demand related markup. I still have a bunch of their e-mails from the following months, but none of the ones that mention Predaking have a price listed, so I don't know how the price went up as their stock dwindled. The Wayback Machine shows their Japanese reissue page from August 2007 with a price of $259.99.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070828...ts/menu.aspx?menu=433&company=0&category=1059

IIRC, dealers at Otakon 2005 (August) wanted around $200 for them.

I'd really like Predaking, and was considering buying it, but I just don't think I can justify $200 for a transformer. Too bad.

[quote name='Bloomy']I bought it from BBTS on 1/11/05 for $163.99, and they had gotten them in stock on 12/14/04, so there wasn't much time for demand related markup. I still have a bunch of their e-mails from the following months, but none of the ones that mention Predaking have a price listed, so I don't know how the price went up as their stock dwindled. The Wayback Machine shows their Japanese reissue page from August 2007 with a price of $259.99.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070828...ts/menu.aspx?menu=433&company=0&category=1059

IIRC, dealers at Otakon 2005 (August) wanted around $200 for them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for doing the homework, it actually makes me want to pick it up even more seeing that the price really hasn't gone up in all these years.

[quote name='apathylad']Got this coupon in e-mail, but I'm not sure what other figures it'll work on, since it's by number:

1441751-tru_coupon.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You can search on the numbers on toysrus.com

Looks like: Animated Deluxes, Robot Heroes, Voyager: The Fallen, Fast Action Battlers, Human Alliance, Gravity Bots, Power Bots, Rise of Cobra Action Figures, Rise of Cobra 12-inch figures.

The 387005 code returns an error, so who knows what that was supposed to be.

I haven't seen any HA figures in a long time at TRU. Too bad -- I'd love to use it on HA Mudflap. Otherwise, pretty weak selections.

[quote name='blandstalker']

I haven't seen any HA figures in a long time at TRU. Too bad -- I'd love to use it on HA Mudflap. Otherwise, pretty weak selections.[/QUOTE]

Read the coupon, it works online too.

Wow, I didn't realize they added Cybertron Ratchet online... might pick up at $6 + shipping. Will end up being cheaper than driving the hour round trip to TRU, methinks.

It sucks that shipping on one figure is almost as much as the figure itself, though.

Wait a second though...

It's showing the Animated Deluxe figures at 50% off without the code though... is it going to take another 50% off when the coupon code is active? Right now it won't activate when I try to use it in my cart, even though technically it's 7/19. The Animated Deluxe's seem to be on clearance for $5.98 (all the other figs this coupon works on are also clearance)... if the coupon code took another 50% off that, that makes it $3 per Animated Deluxe figure.

The selection might not be that great to some since I'm sure everyone probably has what they are offering, but if I can get Bumblebee, Optimus, and Ratchet for $3 a piece I'm in as I missed out on almost the entire line of Animated figs.

EDIT: It works now, animated deluxe figures are $3 after coupon. Seems to be a limit of 3, though. I'll probably go with Snarl over Optimus since I have more than enough of him and no Snarls in my collection. Probably a good time to pick up any you might have missed since it might be the last time. Definitely a good deal for Cybertron Ratchet!

I ordered Animated Bumblebee, Animated Optimus Prime, and Human Alliance Bumblebee. It came out to about $27 with tax and shipping, which is pretty good.

[quote name='karkyco']Bit on the Predaking reissue.

Anyone seen Masterpiece Grimlock at TRU yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Supposedly it will be in stores after SDCC, which I believe is this week. So maybe next week.

thx for the coupon :) also ordered HA skids and a couple of RH, total came to a lil over $25 w/ shipping... puurty kewl hehe

[quote name='karkyco']
Anyone seen Masterpiece Grimlock at TRU yet?[/QUOTE]

from tformers:
"Its been like pulling teeth. If you think shopping at Toys R' Us is bad, try dealing with the press relations department. Anywho, the good news and bad news is that you'll be able to get your USA Masterpiece Grimlock AFTER San Diego Comic Con sometime in August. There's no date specified. Read the full press release from TRU about Grimlock and other toys they are offering at SDCC this year.Toys“R”Us® Creates Colossal Collector Event with Entertainment Earth in Booth #2343 at Comic-Con International in San Diego"

same article but @ the bottom

TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece GRIMLOCK from Hasbro®
Now, kids, collectors and TRANSFORMERS fans can take home GRIMLOCK – the leader of the DINOBOTS – in this recreation of the classic G1 action figure. With the ability to change from a robot to T-Rex dinosaur, this fan favorite character comes with a glowing sword, DINOBOT crown of leadership, and a light-up blaster. And, when GRIMLOCK has transformed into dinosaur mode, his eyes glow with savage fury. This Toys“R”Us exclusive action figure will be available at Comic-Con International in San Diego before rolling out to Toys“R”Us stores nationwide. :hot: All Toys“R”Us San Diego Comic-Con exclusives are limited editions and are available on a first-come, first served basis. :hot:

damn it, I made the decision that I'll pick up the MP grimlock or the Predaking. Either way I'm going to blow too much money on transformers this season damn it.

Just checked toysrus.com. They have the MP Grimlock on backorder. They can be ordered as of right now. Just ordered two. Hopefully it'll go through now waiting for blaster.

Yep, just ordered MP Grim. HUGE thanks for the heads up! Also, does BBTS have a preorder price guarantee? If so, glad I bit early.

hey, theres also a $10 off coupon (937237) that can be applied to grimlock. It cancels out the free shipping but comes out to less than $60 after shipping and taxes. I canceled, then re-ordered with the promo code.

When does Toys R Us charge for preorders?

The website says when it ships, but then right under that it tells you they will deduct the funds to "make sure you have it". So when is it, are they charging now, or charging later? Has anyone gotten charged?

Eh, nevermind, checked some other forums and people have gotten charged up front for MP Grimlock when they preordered... I can't afford to have the $60 taken right now while waiting for SDCC Blaster to show up at Hasbro + Starcraft 2 CE next week, so I hope it's up for awhile. Doubtful, but oh well. Kind of annoying, to be honest.

they dont really take it out, they just put it on hold. you still cant spend that portion though so they might as well have already charged you.

Glad I could finally help out some CAGs since its usually the other way around lol. Also, it seems that they took the link down for grimmy. So toysrus ran out of its own exclusive? haha

bread's done
Back