10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='unicron129']Glad I could finally help out some CAGs since its usually the other way around lol. Also, it seems that they took the link down for grimmy. So toysrus ran out of its own exclusive? haha[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Dammit, why do I keep missing all of these Masterpiece figures! I'm still kicking myself for missing MP Starscream.:bomb:

Will the stores get these or is this an online exclusive? I've honestly never seen any good figures in any of the stores around here... it honestly seems like they never get them or they're gone the minute they arrive.

I posted this in the TRU glitch topic in the Deals Graveyard, but I think it may be better served here...

[quote name='JNKryo']Hmm...does anyone remember the Hasbro promotion Spend $25 on any Transformers Products and get 3 Transformers Deluxe Class Figures free?

We all read the fine print that said the qualifying dates had to be between May 28, 2010 through July 31, 2010; and most of us agreed that since the order date on the invoices/receipts TRU mailed with our orders said May 27, 2010, that we would not be able to use those invoices to get in on this deal (for those of us who had "purchased" $25 or more Transformers toys :cool:).

Well, being the CAG that I am, I decided to mail in my 2 invoices anyway on two different days...then promptly forgot about them.

So imagine my surprise when I walked into my office this morning and find a lumpy box on my desk. I opened it up and inside were Deluxe Class RotF figures of Sideswipe, Stalker Scorponok and Ravage:

IMG00058.jpg

So, for all of you who still have your receipts, send them in. You might get lucky like I did (and I am still hoping to get another set of free figures mailed to me later this week :pray:).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='unicron129']Also, it seems that they took the link down for grimmy. So toysrus ran out of its own exclusive? haha[/QUOTE]

Part of me prefers the thrill of the in-store hunt, as well as being able to nitpick over the condition of the packaging. Another part of me prefers to not have to pay over retail in the second hand market. Conflicts, conflicts.

Bloomy , if I can say I was very happy with toysrus.com items that were sent to me. They were in perfect condition. Just like yourself I care about my boxes since I don't open my figures at all.

So glad I bit when I did, then. Vinny, don't sweat it - if they allowed people to preorder 10 of them, I'm sure they're going to have a fuck ton of these manufactured...especially since the price point is so ridiculously low - they definitely must be producing a ton of these to be able to price it so low.

Apparently I know that my buddy's TRU has already ordered and getting theirs sometime soon. Still gonna pass on Grimlock but good luck hunting for those of you who want him.

[quote name='karkyco']So glad I bit when I did, then. Vinny, don't sweat it - if they allowed people to preorder 10 of them, I'm sure they're going to have a fuck ton of these manufactured...especially since the price point is so ridiculously low - they definitely must be producing a ton of these to be able to price it so low.[/QUOTE]

Good point.. but the price point is exactly why I'm thinking these will sell out fast. I figured it would be more though I'm glad it's not.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Apparently I know that my buddy's TRU has already ordered and getting theirs sometime soon. Still gonna pass on Grimlock but good luck hunting for those of you who want him.[/QUOTE]

So I should probably keep calling TRU.

BTW, the Grimlock page is back up but it's showing OoS.

MP Grimlock is back in stock!

Just ordered one, $65 with the $10 code. TRU is supposed to have free shipping for orders over $50 but... I couldn't get it to work. Oh well, screw that. I'm glad I got in and the $10 off code is basically like getting it without tax and free shipping.:bouncy:

[quote name='Vinny']MP Grimlock is back in stock!

Just ordered one, $65 with the $10 code. TRU is supposed to have free shipping for orders over $50 but... I couldn't get it to work. Oh well, screw that. I'm glad I got in and the $10 off code is basically like getting it without tax and free shipping.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I thought I mis-read what you typed so I checked it out and sure shit, they raised the price of Grimlock by $5. It is now priced at $64.99 instead of the $59.99 it was last time it was in stock for pre-order. fucking ToysRUs, figures. I was on the fence of buying it at $60 but if they're gonna charge an extra $5 that's definitely not a step toward getting me on board.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I thought I mis-read what you typed so I checked it out and sure shit, they raised the price of Grimlock by $5. It is now priced at $64.99 instead of the $59.99 it was last time it was in stock for pre-order. fucking ToysRUs, figures. I was on the fence of buying it at $60 but if they're gonna charge an extra $5 that's definitely not a step toward getting me on board.[/QUOTE]

It's like they saw the demand, pulled it down, and then put it back up at $5 more. It doubly sucks since I wanted to preorder at $60 but TRU is the only online retailer I've ever seen that "verifies" the funds for a preorder by deducting them... 4 weeks in advance. I'm glad BBTS isn't doing this with Predaking :roll:

It's OOS again now... I'm expecting it to come back at $70 at this rate. TRU is horrible. Can't wait to go through this again for Animated Ironhide and Rodimus... I don't know why Hasbro is so in love with giving them exclusives.

If it wasn't for the awesome guy on this thread who sold me Arcee, I wouldn't even have that, since that never even hit the website.

I preordered Grimlock yesterday for $60 (plus I used the $10 coupon) and I just got an e-mail saying there will be a delay in its shipment.

[quote name='apathylad']I preordered Grimlock yesterday for $60 (plus I used the $10 coupon) and I just got an e-mail saying there will be a delay in its shipment.[/QUOTE]

Got the same email... saying it was backordered. I wonder if this is just because it's a pre-order?

[quote name='177adjen17']instock but price just went up to 69.99 :hot:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3870072[/QUOTE]

Wow, way to go TRU. :roll: That is just some straight up greed.

At least Target is doing some things right - according to someone on the TFW2005 boards, the Generations and the new movie deluxes will clock in at $9.99 per figure. I'll be happy if it's true, it's about time we get back below $10 for these figures.

Yes I agree Toysrus is a rip off. I live in NYC and all five boroughs have to be manhattan price on everything. Does that make any sense , not really. That's why I don't shop there UNLESS of deals and exclusives. I believe they are going with the supply and demand plot. They just saw how many people ordered Grimlock at the regular price then hiked the price up even more now. Is it fair, not really but its business.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone have any insight as to when HBTS will be selling SDCC goodies?[/QUOTE]

I've been refreshing a few pages on their site, as well as a couple other TF sites, all day. As soon as I've placed my order, I'll post an alert here. ;)

They better not cancel our preorders due to "backordered" because they want us to reorder at the higher price. fuck that.

Also, really hope I can nab a blaster. I have Soundwave (though its the TRU reissue, not the more recent one that had more cassettes) so I could really use a Blaster to go with him.

[quote name='Zmonkay']They better not cancel our preorders due to "backordered" because they want us to reorder at the higher price. fuck that.

Also, really hope I can nab a blaster. I have Soundwave (though its the TRU reissue, not the more recent one that had more cassettes) so I could really use a Blaster to go with him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the toy that started this thread. :applause:

[quote name='E-Z-B']Yeah, the toy that started this thread. :applause:[/QUOTE]

ROFL, you're right! hahaha, that's awesome. Still, kinda pissed I got that one, cuz I couldn't convince myself to get the one a couple years back that had ratbat :(

[quote name='Bloomy']I'm shooting for both as well (3 Blasters if I can swing it, 2 for myself and 1 for a friend).

Edit : According to a Hasbro press release, the Comic-Con exclusives will be available on the web store "after the convention".

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68329&p=irol-newsArticlePR&ID=1449732&highlight=[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume sometime Monday, since the convention ends Saturday and probably no one will want to work on Sunday.

Had no idea the Mighty Mugg this year was Prowl, that thing looks seriously killer. Way better than Optimus last year.

The prices on both figures are perfect too - $49.99 for Blaster, $15.99 for Prowl. Does anyone have any coupon codes for HTS?

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Also, really hope I can nab a blaster. I have Soundwave (though its the TRU reissue, not the more recent one that had more cassettes) so I could really use a Blaster to go with him.[/QUOTE]

That really pissed me off... they re-released something that's supposed to be exclusive as an even better product.:whistle2:?

While we're at it, any codes for Hasbro's store?

yeah, it's like a strange combination of Animated and Movie asthetics, but the CG is really really good imho, especially given that this clip is just a test animation.

No toys announced yet, but we all know they're coming :D Also, according to a comic-con panel, the official continuity is following the War for Cybertron video game.

All the Transformers on clearance dropped to 75% off today at the local Target. Mostly kiddy stuff left, but that's cool with my 5-yr. old!

They just had a B1G1 half sale recently... my store had nothing of interest. Of course, it would be sweet to be able to get 2x Grimlocks that way but I doubt they'll be in anytime soon since it's listed for August online.

I just got back from Comic con. Hasbro has a S load of Blasters there. It really didn't seem like they would have any type of shortage. I picked mine up with out much problem, the box is comes in is what really makes it so nice.

I almost got a re-issue skylynx for 40 bucks but by the time I came back to the guys booth he had already sold it. Also the one re-issue predaking I did see on the floor the guy said he wanted $480 bucks for it. I figured that must be wrong because that price is insane. Please tell me the re-issues don't go for that much.

The entertainment earth booth was selling MP TRU Grimlocks for 70 bucks, I guess they have a deal with TRU, even the bags they used were from TRU. Most of the booth vendors were not buying saying they would hope to find them cheaper at $60 instore.

[quote name='KingDox']Also the one re-issue predaking I did see on the floor the guy said he wanted $480 bucks for it. I figured that must be wrong because that price is insane. Please tell me the re-issues don't go for that much. [/QUOTE]

That is on the high side, though there are a couple completed Buy-It-Now auctions on eBay where, barring shenanigans, people paid $450 plus shipping. Next highest completed ones (without shipping costs, some were actual auctions) are $350, $300, $290 and $280, so that might be a better indication of a price. Wonder if that dealer would drop the price tomorrow, since some will do that to reduce the amount of stuff they have to take back from the convention.

Did you happen to see any Masterpiece Ghost Starscream? I'll be at Otakon next weekend and am curious what price I might expect to see (if anyone has it).

I'm still debating whether or not to get Blaster. Every single SDCC exclusive I've gotten ends up being cheaper on eBay a year or two later.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Bloomy']That is on the high side, though there are a couple completed Buy-It-Now auctions on eBay where, barring shenanigans, people paid $450 plus shipping. Next highest completed ones (without shipping costs, some were actual auctions) are $350, $300, $290 and $280, so that might be a better indication of a price. Wonder if that dealer would drop the price tomorrow, since some will do that to reduce the amount of stuff they have to take back from the convention.

Did you happen to see any Masterpiece Ghost Starscream? I'll be at Otakon next weekend and am curious what price I might expect to see (if anyone has it).[/QUOTE]

I saw like 3 booths have the MP ghost starscream. I can't tell you how much it cost but I didn't see any MP figure besides the TRU Grimlock under 100 bucks. And even then it was the walmart Starscream that was 100 bucks.

Ok so starting tomorrow same as previous years anyone that sees SDCC Blaster hit Hasbrotoyshop.com please post!! I will check periodically and post.

Ordered Blaster, and the Prowl, Iron Man Mighty Muggs!

Don't forget to use code 'COMIC2010' for 10% off.

I went ahead and ordered... the website is getting slower (took 2 minutes for my confirmation page to show up) meaning the word is out. Cost me $56.xx after the 10% off code. Can't believe shipping is $8 and they charged me tax (another $3)... which I don't understand because there's no Hasbro Toy Shop stores or distributors in IL AFAIK.

Thanks for the Coupon LinkinPrime!! Yea website is super slow. If anyone is not able to get one this time around, they usually sell out then have them again for a few days.

Ordered a SDCC Prowl Mighty Mugg. I'm going to hold out on Blaster. I'm going to hope it is like last year with Soundwave and HTS will have some left when the dust settles in a couple weeks. If I get one, good. If I don't, I'm not that bothered.

Damnit. I can't check for an hour and it finally pops up. I really want Blaster. Didn't Soundwave go in and out of stock last time?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Galactus was in stock this morning, I do not recall seeing Sgt. Slaugther.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Is that the Galactus that's on the SDCC exclusive huge bubble card packaging or the retail non buble card version do you think?

bread's done
Back