10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did any of you catch the Transformers Prime miniseries on The Hub? I thought it was a pretty solid 5 episodes, really remind me a lot of Best Wars which is my all time favorite Transformers series. Can't wait for the series to officially start in Feb 2011.[/QUOTE]

I'm 2 episodes in and the rest are in the DVR which I'll finish watching this week. So far it is great.
I can't believe they killed Cliffjumper - and it was pretty violent.
It also seems aimed at an older audience (I won't let my son watch). I'm not 100% sold on the animation - I would have much rather they gone with hand drawn in the style of the new G.I. Joe cartoon but whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did any of you catch the Transformers Prime miniseries on The Hub? I thought it was a pretty solid 5 episodes, really remind me a lot of Best Wars which is my all time favorite Transformers series. Can't wait for the series to officially start in Feb 2011.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know about a new Transformers series, but thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to check out the new episodes as they come online. :bouncy:

Episode 1 from The Hub
http://www.hubworld.com/transformers/shows/prime/videos/darkness-rising-part-1

I had watched the first episode on Monday, DVR'ed the rest, but ended up watching them all when they were rerun Saturday afternoon. My early impressions are the same as when Transformers : Animated started - it was great until the humans got involved.
Jack seems alright so far, haven't seen enough of Fowler, but I can probably do without Raf and Miko if they're just going to play "deus ex machina computer whiz" and "irresponsible trouble maker" respectively.

Really curious to see how it continues, because the storyline seemed more fit for a season / series finale than a kickoff. Thought it was pretty good overall, though the jury's still out on the flesh creatures.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm 2 episodes in and the rest are in the DVR which I'll finish watching this week. So far it is great.
I can't believe they killed Cliffjumper - and it was pretty violent.
It also seems aimed at an older audience (I won't let my son watch). I'm not 100% sold on the animation - I would have much rather they gone with hand drawn in the style of the new G.I. Joe cartoon but whatever, I'm sure I'll get used to it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought that was pretty crazy too, definitely too much for the younger crowd I thought, but I guess since they are robots they figure its easier to get away with that kind of stuff.

Bloomy, I'm with you on the humans, though they didn't become too annoying for me, definitely better than TFAnimated for the time being anyways. That's on the of the things that I think made Beast Wars so awesome, no humans.

I still hope that someday soon we get a series set in Cybertron, with no humans and no Earth.

Yeah the new series really caught my eye. Looking forward to the premier in 2/11. The g1 megatron returning to voice the new one is icing on the cake.

Ok so this is starting to frustrate me. I'm really after Jazz, after seeing it online a few months ago I was really excited to see it!

At my local wal-marts in AZ it seems the stores are really well stocked on TF's so it looks to me like until those sell then stores are not getting their replenishment stock. I just moved to Gilbert and my local WM seems to have TONS of Megs and soundwaves, the stock is so full they don't even fit on the pegs and end up overflowing.

Am I right in guessing I won't see anything new until they start selling out of figures?

Just wanted to remind everyone that Mcdonalds has transformers toys in the happy meals! My son got Starscream, Bumblebee, and Optimus so far.

[quote name='mickeyp']Just wanted to remind everyone that Mcdonalds has transformers toys in the happy meals! My son got Starscream, Bumblebee, and Optimus so far.[/QUOTE]

Non-transforming Transformers :whistle2:(

One of the weakest kids meal toys I've seen.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Non-transforming Transformers :whistle2:(

One of the weakest kids meal toys I've seen.[/QUOTE] They don't transform, but some have missles or discs that shoot out. They are cute for the kids. They should have made them transforming though. My son liked them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yakkotank']HTS now has free shipping, no minimum order. Does not seem to combine with the 25% off code, though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you thank you thank you!

Jut ordered Jazz, about $13 bucks after tax. Paying $4 more is WAY better then playing the waiting game at Walmart heh.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Non-transforming Transformers :whistle2:(

One of the weakest kids meal toys I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Same. My son was so excited to get a TF and when he opened it up he was disappointed that Megatron didn't do anything. I mean, there's only ONE thing that a Transformer needs to do and they couldn't get it right. Just awful.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Thanks for the heads up animalspinners! Only thing I didn't get that I wanted was Thunderwing (OOS), but whatevs, I'll pick it up eventually. Even picked up a few PCC's (2 normal, 2 5-pack). I still say they're crap, but at least for 25% off I can say I have some in my collection.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anyone else answer this for you but Thunderwing is going to be a repack in the January case assortment, along with Cliffjumper, so you'll get another chance to get him.

As for Skullgrin, he is one and done, so get him while you can.

Got Alternity Convoy in the mail the other day, and it is a fantastic figure. Just got the last Alternity Bumblebee that was clearance at BBTS a few hours ago, as well. It's a real shame the line isn't going to hit the US.

There was a BBTS clearance of the alternatiy figs?! :( I really want them, but can't justify the price for the size of the figures.

Edit: lol, they have a used one in stock... missing it's head! hahaha.

[quote name='animalspinners']I didn't see anyone else answer this for you but Thunderwing is going to be a repack in the January case assortment, along with Cliffjumper, so you'll get another chance to get him.

As for Skullgrin, he is one and done, so get him while you can.

Got Alternity Convoy in the mail the other day, and it is a fantastic figure. Just got the last Alternity Bumblebee that was clearance at BBTS a few hours ago, as well. It's a real shame the line isn't going to hit the US.[/QUOTE]

Is Skullgrin a repaint?

[quote name='mickeyp']Is Skullgrin a repaint?[/QUOTE]

Yes, of Dark Mount. Funny thing is I've only seen them at Target and they both get put out at the same time.

Yeah , I saw them both at Target yesterday. I gave my son Darkmount last week. My son does not like repaints or at least only wants one of a mold. Do others feel that way? I saw Thunderwing, Dirge, and Jet something are those repaints of something as well not sure if he has one of that mold or not.

[quote name='Zmonkay']There was a BBTS clearance of the alternatiy figs?! :( I really want them, but can't justify the price for the size of the figures.

Edit: lol, they have a used one in stock... missing it's head! hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Well, Alternity Convoy was around $38 on Black Friday at TFSource... Alternity Bumblebee was $36.99 when I grabbed him at BBTS. They are only getting rid of Bee at the moment.

Thanks for the links to the poster above me.. I'll grab that Megatron for $39 too.

They are absolutely worth the price imo. You pay a bit extra but it's easy to see why once you have the figure in your hands. I can only speak for Alternity Convoy but he is definitely in a league of his own in all aspects.

Picked up Generations Thunderwing and Skullgrin and HftD Tomahawk at Target earlier tonight. Also saw a Generations Cliffjumper, but the card was bent too much for my tastes.

In addition to the sale on Human Alliance and Movie Scenes I posted above, TRU also marked the movie and Generations deluxe figures oddly. Some pegs had sale stickers advertising $5.99 (half off $11.99), others had 2 for $14.99. IIRC, the 2 for $15 was a Friday / Saturday sale, but the $6 sale didn't have a timeframe. Whichever sale was in effect, those pegs were pretty bare. The one TRU also had 4 Animated Ironhide and an Animated Rodimus (scanned for $14.99 each).

Anyone interested in the Predaking reissue? It's really really nice, but I just can't justify the cost (poor college student + $200.00 toy...). I opened it, transformed all the figures once, and carefully repackaged them in the original plastic clamshell. The bag that has the trading cards, instructions, and stickers is still mint/sealed (stickers unapplied, naturally), as is the small clamshell that holds the guns/swords. Practically only thing different from a mint sealed one is that the tape has been sliced to open the package. Pictures available upon request.

I was hoping for about 170 shipped (BBTS has it for about 200 shipped), or make me an offer!

[quote name='MrSneis']Thank you thank you thank you!

Jut ordered Jazz, about $13 bucks after tax. Paying $4 more is WAY better then playing the waiting game at Walmart heh.[/QUOTE]

got it today from HTS, Massive Failure. For some reason I didn't see it was Animated Jazz :( I wanted the new special ops version!

The Hub is rerunning the TF : Prime 5-parter this week, 2 parts per night Mon-Thu at 7pm Eastern (Eps. 1 and 2 on Monday, 2 and 3 on Tues, etc.). The Hub's web site is also streaming them (with commercials).

http://www.hubworld.com/videos

They're also streaming some episodes of TF : Energon and the G.I. Joe movie (love that opening!).

Hmmm.... I might be in trouble for Christmas. I opened one of the TFs (Animated Bumblebee - the black and gold version - it was $1!) and it is quite difficult to transform. There's almost no way my son will be able to work it. I might have to hold on to some of the ones I bought for him and get him something else in the meantime. I could always give these to him at his next birthday or just for the hell of it because I'm an awesome dad but I don't want him to be frustrated on Christmas morning!

Finally found Generations Blur at Target today. All three Targets I visited had the new waves out whereas TRU was still stocked with ROTF figures.

[quote name='MrSneis']Special ops jazz.... anyone seen it yet?

Still looking :([/QUOTE]

Several times at all the Kmarts and Walgreens.

if anyone cares it looks like ROTF deluxe figs are half off at TRU. Picked up Sideswipe and Ravage (yellow) myself, not much left though.

Picked up Special Ops Jazz & Turbo Tracks at the Ortega Target in Jacksonville, FL, on Monday. My receipt has them listed as $8.49/ea. Pegs were overflowing w/ TFs, old & recent, so I had several annoying spills while shuffling through.

Back around Thanksgiving, I got a TRU coupon for 20% off a single item that I've been itching to use on another MP Grimlock. Hadn't had any luck finding any until tonight, where the Fair Lakes TRU in VA still had 11 of them (it's the one I found 30 at back in October). Also used a $5 Rewards coupon on it, so it came to $53.54 after tax. Box wasn't as nice as I normally go for, but that one will be displayed out of the box.

TRU has upped the price on the Animated Deluxes for the holiday. Was at Arundel Mills over the weekend, and saw Animated Rodimus and Ironhide stickered for $18.49 at the TRU Express. I figured it was just that mall, but the Bailey's Crossroads, VA, TRU had them for that price as well, while other Animated Deluxes were $14.49 (or $14.99). The Fair Lakes TRU had Rodimus and Ironhide for $16.49 and the others for $12.99.

Haven't seen Special Ops Jazz or Turbo Tracks yet, but I did see the Reveal the Shield Rodimus and Cyclonus 2-pack at Target this morning. Box was a little beat up, so I passed on it.

Well Christmas was a bust. He opened all of the TFs but after actually letting him play with 2 of them (Animated Optimus Prime and Animated Bumblebee) I quickly stashed the 4 others in the basement for a later date. He didn't even notice. They are WAY too hard for him and even his aunts got him some of the action ones where you only have to press a button and he had trouble with those too - he is just too young. He does like playing with them but he gets frustrated easily and he ends up popping the ball and socket joints apart. Maybe in a year or two...

I was in the same boat javeryh. My son likes them in car mode but thats about it. I quietly stashed the ROTF Sideswipe and Voyager class Battle Blades Optimus for a later date. I might still pick up one or two that are compelling to me and save them for him. We'll see.

Just picked up the Rodimus and Cyclonus Battle in Space 2-pack at Wal-Mart. I've been wanting a Rodimus/Hot Rod for 24 years now, lol. Finally got one.

Still looking for the War for Cybertron line if anyone sees them and can give a heads up.

[quote name='Bloomy']If you were looking for War for Cybertron packaging, they aren't a separate line, but are part of the Transformers Generations line.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/TF-Cybertronian-Megatron-Packaging_1281541434.jpg

You might need to give a closer look at all pegs with Deluxes, since the different lines often get mixed together in stores.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. I use to see them all the time but now I just see the Bumblebee once in awhile, no one else.

I've stopped buying Transformers since I don't have the space anymore. However, I picked up the WfC Soundwave and Megatron since I never had a Soundwave figure and like a classic looking Megatron but not with a gun form. Are they worth keeping? I was disappointed in the WfC Optimus Prime.

[quote name='icedrake523']I've stopped buying Transformers since I don't have the space anymore. However, I picked up the WfC Soundwave and Megatron since I never had a Soundwave figure and like a classic looking Megatron but not with a gun form. Are they worth keeping? I was disappointed in the WfC Optimus Prime.[/QUOTE]

??? What about WfC Prime did you not like? One of the best figs to come in a while imho, especially at the deluxe scale. Love the complexity and cybertronian alt mode. Only complaint is I think it could have used more paint aps, as especially the alt mode looks pretty plain.

SW and Megs are good figures, but much simpler (though Megs has a simple, but pretty darn unique) transformations. My SW has pretty loose legs too (nothing a bit of nail polish wouldn't fix, but I'm too lazy, so meh).

bread's done
Back