10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my first Masterpiece from Memphis Toys R Us - Wolfchase tonight. (thinking the Skywarp from Walmart clearance doesn't really count since it's only worth something to me. :) )

Anyway, couldn't believe it. They actually had a few left, so good luck guys. That was around 6cst.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']yeah just picked up a MP Rodimus today!!!! Hey what's this 20% off everybody is talking about?[/QUOTE]

It was a card on a "Pack 2 School" booklet mailed out to people.

Good from 8/5-8/27 on any one regular priced toy.

Actually everyone is referring to the Facebook coupon. Co to Toys R Us Facebook page and "like" them and you can print out a coupon for 20% off any one item. The coupon is only valid until Aug 14 at this point

Scored a MP Rodimus this morning. There were 12 on the shelves.

I normally give TRU a lot of crap for exclusives, but I have to say: this is the way to do it. There were enough on the shelves that one person wasn't able to come in and sweep them off the shelves in a moment.

Amazingly, Transformers are on sale here in Canada, so not only did I get it, but I got it for 30% off.

Thank you TRU Kitchener. You rock. My wish is that all Toys R Us are able to do the same thing so that everyone gets the chance to find him.

I had another day trip to Orlando today, but I stopped at the Orange Park, FL, TRU before hitting the road. They had 2 MP Rodimus Primes, but both had creases on the front plastic. I bought the least offensive one. (So there was one left as of around 10am this morning.) (Also got a Wheeljack there and picked it up, despite grumbling over the high TRU TF Generations pricing. Was also one left.)

I stopped at the Altamonte Springs, FL, TRU because I had some time to kill and saw they also had a pair. Their boxes seemed in much better condition but I fought the urge to return/rebuy for a better box. I was going to open it up anyway and didn't want to come off as an anal dick to the clerks.

Still haven't seen DOTM Leader Ironhide anywhere (TRU/Target/Walmart), though...

Saw the DOTM Leader Ironhide at my TRU. Didn't realize it would be such a hot item and didn't pick it up. Never seen it since. Only Bumblebee sits there, LOL

The RtS Windcharger i won on ebay last week arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm finally all caught on my current needs/wants list!

Stopped by 2 TRUs tonight. Ellicott City, MD, had 7 MP Rodimus. Picked up 2 of them, then got some clearance games and mice for half off.

Columbia, MD, TRU had 3 Rodimus. Guess they either found the ones from the other night or had another shipment come in early. Also appeared to get in more Generations guys (Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Scourge), and had a Leader Ironhide. Ironhide's box was a little too dinged for my liking.

[quote name='Thomas96']how much is MP Rodimus from TRU?[/QUOTE]

MSRP is $59.99. However, one TRU in the DC area (Rockville, MD) has it priced at $67.99. That store generally charges more for toys, and the more expensive the item, the higher the markup. Don't know if other TRUs near large cities do similar markups.

[quote name='Bloomy']MSRP is $59.99. However, one TRU in the DC area (Rockville, MD) has it priced at $67.99. That store generally charges more for toys, and the more expensive the item, the higher the markup. Don't know if other TRUs near large cities do similar markups.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.. I'll bite at 60. I have the Titanium Rodimus Prime and I never really liked that figure a whole lot, so it'd be nice to have a masterpiece version of Rodimus.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just getting back into collecting since I ignored most everything since the original G1 toys. (with a few exceptions).
But anyone think they will release another version of Starscream and Skywarp like the Thundercracker they have now? I missed out on the Starscream a few years back (had it in my hand and put it back. :( ). That and I really have no desire of spending 60 bucks on Amazon. :)

Also, any chance of a restock on the currently Out of Stock Starscream Sky Striker on Hasbro's website? They usually do that?

[quote name='howlinmad']

Also, any chance of a restock on the currently Out of Stock Starscream Sky Striker on Hasbro's website? They usually do that?[/QUOTE]

Odds are slim to nil on that. I've seen them restock SDCC things maybe once in the past, and that item had massive demand thanks to it drawing from two fandoms.

[quote name='howlinmad']Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just getting back into collecting since I ignored most everything since the original G1 toys. (with a few exceptions).
But anyone think they will release another version of Starscream and Skywarp like the Thundercracker they have now? I missed out on the Starscream a few years back (had it in my hand and put it back. :( ). That and I really have no desire of spending 60 bucks on Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's unlikely for a long while. They've gone through Starscream, Skywarp, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge, Acid Storm, and now Thundercracker. I'd put betting money on Sunstorm, but Hasbro only knows if or when.

After that, who knows. They may do new recolors, clear or tattooed versions, or something. They recently churned out Classic Bumblebee in movie colors, so something like that may happen. Ghost Starscream would be nifty -- I'd buy that, even though I got the Masterpiece version. But it's unlikely that Classic Starscream, exactly the way he was, will be there anytime soon.

And I don't think it's a stupid question at all. At the time, nobody knew they'd release all of them or that recolor-happy Hasbro would only issue each of these things once and then never again. I almost passed on both Ramjet and Skywarp (and would have had I not found them at Target on clearance) even though now I'd be kicking myself hard if I had.

And ya never know. Next week Hasbro could announce a store exclusive with Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. Or it could be five years from now. Someday, someone will have it, but how long you have to wait is anyone's guess.

Got my latest TRU Rewards certificate in the mail, and it came with a B1G1 50% off coupon for all Transformers. Just a couple days late for MP Rodimus. Maybe Ultimate Prime and Leader Ironhide, or the larger Kre-o guys (if they count).

[quote name='Thomas96']BBTS has the import version of MP Optimus Prime for 249.99.
Is that some jacked up import price, I have a friend in Japan, I'm wondering if it would be much cheaper if she buy it for me from Japan. Also, what other figures would be good to get directly from Japan. I have a friend there who is living there for about another month.[/QUOTE]
I've always wondered if you could get them cheaper that way but i really don't know.That pretty much is the going rate for the Prime with trailer.I believe there was an earlier MP version that goes for over $300.

[quote name='Bloomy']Got my latest TRU Rewards certificate in the mail, and it came with a B1G1 50% off coupon for all Transformers. Just a couple days late for MP Rodimus. Maybe Ultimate Prime and Leader Ironhide, or the larger Kre-o guys (if they count).[/QUOTE]
Wow thats an awesome coupon,i'm a Rewards member,but never got anything like that.I still can't find MP Rodimus around here,hopefully i will eventually.

[quote name='slowdive21']Just had a flashback. I wanted one of those Pepsi Optimus Primes, but I was laid off before I could order one. Do any of you guys have one?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got one of those from a buddy of mine who went to ComicCon in 07, got it right from the Hasbro booth. Up on my shelf for display, still have one of the Pepsi Transformer themed bottles to sit in the trailer too

Today was my lucky day I suppose, found another Windcharger at a different Ross tonight

[quote name='Thomas96']BBTS has the import version of MP Optimus Prime for 249.99.
Is that some jacked up import price, I have a friend in Japan, I'm wondering if it would be much cheaper if she buy it for me from Japan. Also, what other figures would be good to get directly from Japan. I have a friend there who is living there for about another month.[/QUOTE]

Amazon Japan's preorder price is 19,999 yen (23,100 yen list price). Google converts that to ~$261, so that might not be a big importer markup figuring that shipping from Japan is factored into BBTS's price.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-l...IG8/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

e-Hobby wants 20,328 yen (~$265).

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?req=PRODUCT&code=mp_10

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Wow thats an awesome coupon,i'm a Rewards member,but never got anything like that.I still can't find MP Rodimus around here,hopefully i will eventually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most of the time I get coupons for baby stuff with my certificates, though they might start being useful soon since my sister is 6 months pregnant. The other coupons this time were for Barbie Glamour Camper, Pokemon cards, Razor scooter and greeting cards / gift wrap / gift bags.

[quote name='Thomas96'] Also, what other figures would be good to get directly from Japan. I have a friend there who is living there for about another month.[/QUOTE]

Jetwing Optimus
Animated Blackout
Animated Jet Pack Bumblebee
Animated Wingblade Optimus Prime

The first one is unlikely to come out here (but it could happen). The other 3 will never make it here. I wish I had an Animated Blackout.

There's also a ton of older toys that never made it here, plus all the United stuff.

Hey Jax CAGs, there were about a half dozen MP Rodimus Primes at the Orange Park TRU today. Also a Sergeant Kup deluxe. Still no leader Ironhides...

Forgot to mention earlier, I found a kre-o Mirage on clearance at Target for $5. I don't know if any of you collect those but figured I would post it here.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Hey Jax CAGs, there were about a half dozen MP Rodimus Primes at the Orange Park TRU today. Also a Sergeant Kup deluxe. Still no leader Ironhides...[/QUOTE]

man, my TRU is opposite. They had 3-4 Ironhide leader class, but they still haven't gotten any Rodimus Primes yet.

[quote name='Thomas96'] Also, what other figures would be good to get directly from Japan. I have a friend there who is living there for about another month.[/QUOTE]

I'd look into the Alternity line as well. Kind of like Alternators, but a hell of a lot smaller. I've always wanted them, but they're really expensive for their size on import, so I can't justify it.

AFAIK there are 4 molds with various repaints of each, based on 4 real life cars (Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream for starters, then various repaints for other characters).

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'd look into the Alternity line as well. Kind of like Alternators, but a hell of a lot smaller. I've always wanted them, but they're really expensive for their size on import, so I can't justify it.

AFAIK there are 4 molds with various repaints of each, based on 4 real life cars (Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream for starters, then various repaints for other characters).[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah. Thanks for mentioning these. They are worth picking up. The best two are Prime and Megatron, though the other two are no slouches. Vehicle modes are gorgeous, with tons of details and beautiful paint jobs. Transformation is like Alternators but less fiddly and with less panel massaging.

But they are deluxe size and costly. If you really liked Alternators or if you always wanted the complete G1 experience with modern articulation, they are worth tracking down. Opening them brought me right back to the G1 cars :cool:.

That's not the same MP Prime that came out years ago. That's the new MP-10 Prime and trailer that hasn't come out yet, and $250 is the standard rate for pretty much every online retailer. Even if you ordered it from robotkingdom, with shipping it comes to about that.

[quote name='El Rey']Of course a week after I get a Windcharger from ebay I find him all by his lonesome at Ross today[/QUOTE]

Lucky! All I found in one I came across was some leftover G.I. Joe movie toys.

Hey everyone, I am looking for a specific Transformer and was hoping someone could help me or point me in a direction other than ebay.

I went back to the U.S. for my father's funeral in July.
Bieing back home, I was able to get up into my old boxes and grab my Transformers since my son Ryu is getting into them now.

I found one of the last Transformers I bought, which was the Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime (He's a firetruck).

Looking at the box, I found that he can be matched with RID Ultra Magnus to create a larger form, so I really want to do that. I've seen them on ebay way (in my opinion) overpriced but sometimes fairly reasonable. The issue is that the reasonably priced ones don't ship internationally in most cases.

Basically, I was hoping that someone I have dealt with before may have one tucked away somewhere and/or be able to help out. Please? :D

[quote name='Watchman']Lucky! All I found in one I came across was some leftover G.I. Joe movie toys.[/QUOTE]

Depending on which you found, you might've stumbled onto some rare canceled items. Lucky bastard having a ROSS...

[quote name='encendido5']I don't know if you guys like the Kre-O sets, but Megatron is 50% off at Target and Sentinel Prime is 30% off.[/QUOTE]
Is this a sale this week or clearance?

[quote name='skiizim']I think it's clearance, a few weeks ago I saw mirage for $5 on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why they would do clearance they are new toys.

Clearance. It's probably because they're big boxes and they're making room for the new Lego sets that are coming out.

edit: you can sell the Megatron and Shockwave Kreons on ebay for around $15 and essentially keep the parts for free!

[quote name='encendido5']Clearance. It's probably because they're big boxes and they're making room for the new Lego sets that are coming out.

edit: you can sell the Megatron and Shockwave Kreons on ebay for around $15 and essentially keep the parts for free![/QUOTE]

How much does Megatron and sentinel cost with the discount ? I only have Mirage and my son got it for his bday I had paid full price for it.

[quote name='mickeyp']How much does Megatron and sentinel cost with the discount ? I only have Mirage and my son got it for his bday I had paid full price for it.[/QUOTE]

Megatron was $15 and Sentinel was $28 if I remember correctly.

[quote name='mickeyp']I wonder why they would do clearance they are new toys.[/QUOTE]

I just think they sold like crap, didn't TRU have a B1G1 Free a few weeks ago?

[quote name='skiizim']I just think they sold like crap, didn't TRU have a B1G1 Free a few weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

They have had a few BOGO 50% off (but they do that all the time with all Lego sets). They not had a BOGO yet. If they did I'd be all over it.

my Target sucks...nothing on sale. I want to get Megatron and Sentinel because their mini-figs are the best. Why is Soundwave with Sentinel prime :(

bread's done
Back