Travis Barker and DJ-AM in critical condition after plane crash.

getmeoutofjoliet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/20/barker.plane.crash/

[quote name='CNN'](CNN) -- Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and singer-song artist Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein were in critical condition with extensive burns Saturday after a jet crash the night before that killed four people, authorities said.
art.blink.planecrash.ap.jpg
DJ AM, left, and Travis Barker pose backstage at the MTV Video Music Awards on September 7.
Two of the four who died late Friday were passengers and two were crew members, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a statement.
The NTSB has sent a Go Team to Columbia, South Carolina, to investigate the crash.
The Learjet 60 crashed on takeoff at the Columbia Metropolitan Airport at 11:53 p.m. Friday.
Beth Frits, spokeswoman at the Joseph Still Burn Center, in Augusta, Georgia, said Barker and Goldstein arrived at the hospital early Saturday. She said both men had "extensive burns."
The burn center is the largest in the country, and the main one in the Southeast, she said.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the twin-engine, private jet was cleared for takeoff on a flight to Van Nuys, California, and began its takeoff roll a few minutes before midnight.
Air traffic controllers "saw sparks coming from the runway -- whether that was from the aircraft or its engines, we don't know," Bergen said Saturday.
The jet left the ground but crashed near the end of the runway on a road adjacent to the airport, she said.
There were no other aircraft on the runway and no vehicles on the road, Bergen said. [/quote]

Pretty crazy story. ABC News is reporting the victims as the two pilots, Barker's assistant Chris, and a fourth unnamed male.

The local news finally picked up on this here in Augusta. We'll wait and see what happens I suppose. Burn injuries often require months of rehab, and I've seen several where things seem to be progressing, and then suddenly people die.

Dont quote me on this but for some f'd up reason the 4th un-named death is rumored to be Perry Ferrel.

The fourth wasn't Perry Ferrel. It states who it was in the Yahoo! story
4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

09/20/2008 10:53 AM, AP
Page Ivey

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.

The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.

Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.

Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Thank god there's enough douche bags on this forum to post negative shit on here when 2 people are critically injured!

^
^
^
You mean when 4 people died?

Pretty amazing this whole deal......Normally the celebrities would be the first to die.....this time it is the no names that died and the celebrities that survived...

[quote name='Cracka']Thank god there's enough douche bags on this forum to post negative shit on here when 2 people are critically injured![/quote]

As if it matters whether they post positive or negative comments. It has no effect whatsoever on the situation or the condition of the injured parties. As a matter of fact, it has the exact same effect as your sarcastic reply does.

[quote name='Cracka']Thank god there's enough douche bags on this forum to post negative shit on here when 2 people are critically injured![/quote]

Okay? I bet if Kanye West and Common were in the same exact situation that there would be about 5 times more negative posts.

That being said, it sucks, especially for Barker who needs the mobility of his body to drum.

Common is a talented hip-hop artist, though. Why did you pair him with Kanye West?

[quote name='Brak']Common is a talented hip-hop artist, though. Why did you pair him with Kanye West?[/quote]

Because whether you like it or not, the two do work together.

Oh. Well, if that's the only reason, then I'm cool with that.

Sucks what happend to them and the 4 others that died. Can't say I like their music but it still sucks that, that happend no matter who it was.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Yeah, don't lump 'Ye with Common.[/quote]

People forget how Common's recent successes are mainly due to Kanye...

I'm kind of getting sick of the Kanye hate.

DJ AM is one of the best club DJs... I feel bad for them and those who passed.

story gets even more tragic =(
http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/20/tragic-twist-in-jet-crash-why-they-flew/#comments

Travis Barker's assistant wanted to get home in time for his pregnant wife to give birth.

We've now learned why Barker and his friends decided to get on that doomed Learjet in South Carolina late last night, and the explanation can only be described as a horribly cruel twist of fate.

It all started some time yesterday, when Barker's assistant, Chris Baker, told the guys that his wife was going into labor. Barker told him that he would do everything in his power to get Baker back to the hospital in time.

The quickest way back to Van Nuys was that Learjet. We're told Barker usually won't fly on private jets, but made an exception for what was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of Baker's life.

The plane crashed shortly after midnight, killing four people -- including Chris Baker. Baker's wife went into labor early this morning. Baker has another young child as well.

[quote name='DestroVega']People forget how Common's recent successes are mainly due to Kanye...

I'm kind of getting sick of the Kanye hate.

DJ AM is one of the best club DJs... I feel bad for them and those who passed.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Too many Kanye Haters out there. People hate when your on top of the world.

That's pretty terrible news.
[quote name='ivanctorres']:applause:

Too many Kanye Haters out there. People hate when your on top of the world.[/QUOTE]
Or, shockingly, people may "hate" him because they think his music stinks and his character is atrocious.

Crazy concept, I know.

I do have to say Kanye keeps it fresh, his albums always have a different vibe to them, anybody see Kanye performance on the VMA's this year? His performance was a song off of his new album "Lockdown Love", I enjoyed it, but then I heard that Kanye will be using the voice modifier for MOST of his new album (what T Pain uses)

This isn't a thread about Kanye, Common, or anything else besides what happened in the plane crash. Go talk about that stuff somewhere else.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']This isn't a thread about Kanye, Common, or anything else besides what happened in the plane crash. Go talk about that stuff somewhere else.[/quote]

Is this China?

[quote name='Poor2More']I do have to say Kanye keeps it fresh, his albums always have a different vibe to them, anybody see Kanye performance on the VMA's this year? His performance was a song off of his new album "Lockdown Love", I enjoyed it, but then I heard that Kanye will be using the voice modifier for MOST of his new album (what T Pain uses)[/quote]

With his album being called "808's and Heartbreak" I can imagine a lot of wild new stuff will be on there.

update on TMZ... now they say that story is false.

^^full story debunking the pregnancy story

A publicist for Travis Barker and DJ AM contacted TMZ and says our sources are incorrect -- that Chris Baker's wife was not in labor when he died in the plane crash and that was not the reason Travis and the others flew home on a private jet.

The publicist adds, "Both Travis Barker and Adam Goldstein (DJ AM) are in critical but stable condition and are being treated at Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia after surviving a plane crash late last night in Columbia, South Carolina.

The hospital will issue a statement with an update on their condition at 9:00 am eastern time tomorrow. Due to the nature of the injuries and the evolving course of treatment no further information on their condition is available at this time.

The accident claimed the lives of four people on board, two of whom, Chris Baker (Lil Chris) and Charles Stills (Che), were close friends of the injured.

On behalf of Travis Barker and DJ AM, deepest sympathy is expressed to the loved ones of all who perished in the crash. As the two recuperate and mourn this loss, privacy for them, their families, and friends is requested at this time."

From E:

Refuting earlier reports that Chris Baker, Travis Barker's friend and business partner who was one of four people killed in a private-plane crash Friday night that left Barker and DJ AM severely injured, was on his way home to be with his pregnant wife, a rep for AM has released this statement:

"In regards to [inaccurate reports], Lil Chris Baker did not ask for a jet to meet his wife in delivery because she's not even pregnant. A private jet had always been chartered as DJ AM had a private engagement today in Los Angeles."

Baker and his wife are parents of a 2-year-old son.

The 29-year-old Studio City, Calif., resident managed Barker's L.A. punk-fashion boutique Fast Life and was frequently seen on the drummer's MTV reality series Meet the Barkers.

EDITOR'S NOTE: E! Online's earlier report about Baker was based on information received from a friend of DJ AM. We regret our error.

[quote name='DestroVega']People forget how Common's recent successes are mainly due to Kanye...

I'm kind of getting sick of the Kanye hate.[/QUOTE]

Um, as an emcee, Kanye could never touch Common, that's what I meant. And yeah, Be is good but Finding Forever was extremely boring.

Heard on the news the plane crashed near a highway, DJ AM and Travis were thrown from the plane and they were seen in the middle of the highway on fire covered in the planes fuel trying to pat the fire out on themselves

I'm sad like everyone else. Now I wonder if Tom will visit Travis cause that would be the ultimate dick move if he didn't.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Now I wonder if Tom will visit Travis cause that would be the ultimate dick move if he didn't.[/quote]

Who.fucking.Cares?

bread's done
Back