Treamcast (portable DC) is back, for $180 + shipping @ SuperUFO.com

Wow, they also have a dual arcade stick by blaze for just $13, might cost a lot to ship though but I used to have a blaze arcade stick (this one says its mini though, mine was huge) and it was a pretty impressive arcade stick

damn great deal, anyone have a free shipping code...this is a much better value tha getting a PSP for $250 and has a much bigger screen than the DS. damn, this deal is so tempting..if only i didnt spend most of my $$ on the TRU and CC deals

It's good for a car or a really small room, but why in the world would you use this as a portable? If Gamegear and Nomad seemed huge to you, how can this be any smaller? And if that's the picture, how can it be a portable with no on console buttons, you can't play it easily on a bus or a train, not even an airplane unless you rest it on your tray and hope you have enough room for your dpad.

As much as I love Dreamcast, this is kind of stupid. If it was a PS2 and could play DVD's though, then we're talking, as a portable DVD player/game console, it's worth carrying around, since portable DVD players aren't much better than the PS2 as a player and not much bigger than this "TREAMCAST'

[quote name='62t']
http://www.superufo.com/pp/product.asp?id={BBEF3397-CCC7-4E99-8A14-CDA693872B38} (pretty sure there isnt any DC games that use 16:9)[/QUOTE]

According to hdtvarcade.com these games are 16:9
Donald Duck's Quack Attack
F355 Challenge
Metropolis Street Racer (16:9 is an unlockable feature)
NASCAR Thunder
Rayman 2
Star Lancer
Test Drive V-Rally
Tokyo Highway Challenge 2
Toy Commander
Toy Racer
Trickstyle
Wacky Races
It's not much, but they do exist

[quote name='rly723']...this is a much better value tha getting a PSP for $250 and has a much bigger screen than the DS.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind that it doesn't have a battery and is the size of a... well, Dreamcast. :roll:

Not sure why everyone is crapping all over this thread. I don't remember anyone bagging on Sony when the PSone with LCD combo is mentioned in a thread, and this is just the Dreamcast version of it. Obviously Treamcasts were popular if they sold out the first time, thanks for the heads up on the remake OP.

[quote name='peteloaf']According to hdtvarcade.com these games are 16:9
Donald Duck's Quack Attack
F355 Challenge
Metropolis Street Racer (16:9 is an unlockable feature)
NASCAR Thunder
Rayman 2
Star Lancer
Test Drive V-Rally
Tokyo Highway Challenge 2
Toy Commander
Toy Racer
Trickstyle
Wacky Races
It's not much, but they do exist
[/QUOTE]
Trickstyle...in WIDESCREEN?!?!

billandted02.jpg

Awesome. Totally awesome.

Not everyone uses a portable system for 10 mins of play on a break or for car rides. There are alot of situations where an LCD screen system can be usefull. For instance im a College kid and dont drive. My fiancee drops me off at school and it means im stuck there sometimes. So an LCD screen is hella usefull. Alot of others also have an hour or even 2 between their classes. It sucks to drive by the time you spend 30 mins driving home and 30 mins driving back...there is only an hour left. So people just hang around at school. An LCD screen system is a great way to pass time.

Anyways that said. THis seems a bit pricey, especially considering you can get a PS2 one for about $50 less and the PS2 library is like 10x better then the DCs.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Not everyone uses a portable system for 10 mins of play on a break or for car rides. There are alot of situations where an LCD screen system can be usefull. For instance im a College kid and dont drive. My fiancee drops me off at school and it means im stuck there sometimes. So an LCD screen is hella usefull. Alot of others also have an hour or even 2 between their classes. It sucks to drive by the time you spend 30 mins driving home and 30 mins driving back...there is only an hour left. So people just hang around at school. An LCD screen system is a great way to pass time.

Anyways that said. THis seems a bit pricey, especially considering you can get a PS2 one for about $50 less and the PS2 library is like 10x better then the DCs.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the genre of games you're talking about. The PS2 library is bigger but a lot of it is crap. The fighters on DC are far superior, DC racing games are far superior as well, etc.

I would think it kind to say that that opinion is subjective. Last I checked the latest Capcom, SNK, Fight Night, Grand Tourismo 4 and other games were never made on the DC as that system has been deader than Micheal Jacksons Nose for years now.

Not to mention any games used now on a PS2 system will be compatable and playable on the PS3.

Dead is dead and the DC - as great as it was in it's day - is well....DEAD.

But If anyone wants to pay $180 for a $20 DC and $50 LCD screen I say it's their money, let them!

TexTuna

[quote name='Zon27']Depends on the genre of games you're talking about. The PS2 library is bigger but a lot of it is crap. The fighters on DC are far superior, DC racing games are far superior as well, etc.[/QUOTE]

honesty people have no idea how hard it is to find a Treamcast before this deal. The last complete auction went for $260 shipped.

I'm shocked that auctions for these have gone for over $200. Get a $20 dreamcast and a $13 PSone LCD from KMart and you're set!

[quote name='Genocidal']Not sure why everyone is crapping all over this thread. I don't remember anyone bagging on Sony when the PSone with LCD combo is mentioned in a thread, and this is just the Dreamcast version of it. Obviously Treamcasts were popular if they sold out the first time, thanks for the heads up on the remake OP.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing most feel they can buy a DC and a PSONE LCD and rig it up themselves for a cheaper price. If I can hook my PSONE LCD to my PS2, XBX and NGC, there has got to be a way to rig it to a DC.

[quote name='fraeone']I'm shocked that auctions for these have gone for over $200. Get a $20 dreamcast and a $13 PSone LCD from KMart and you're set![/QUOTE]

As fraeone has mentioned for around $33 plus a little more for other accesories and the help with this link http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34554&highlight=psone+screen
anyone can have a "Cheapcast".

[quote name='62t']honesty people have no idea how hard it is to find a Treamcast before this deal. The last complete auction went for $260 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's sad that there are so many people on CAG that don't understand how rare this item is. I bet if I made a thread about 100 buck Sega Maraccas or had a place selling a DC BBA for 50 bucks I would get tons of thread crappers.

[quote name='KingDox']Yeah it's sad that there are so many people on CAG that don't understand how rare this item is. I bet if I made a thread about 100 buck Sega Maraccas or had a place selling a DC BBA for 50 bucks I would get tons of thread crappers.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is questioning the rarity, they're questioning the value. This is CHEAPassgamer afterall, and you can build a reasonable facsimile for a fraction of the cost. That being said, if you can hustle these on ebay for $260, then I guess it is CAG-friendly ;). Sorry if you feel that's thread crapping, just trying to let people know they have options.

speaking of rare items...what was the system that sega made before the genesis?? also i know people use emulators now, but where are some places to get older sytems back in the 80's and early 90's...like nes, turbo grafix 16, neo geo , etc....i still have a turbo express from back in the day that cost $300 with the tv tuner..still works, but way overpriced..i believe i was 8 or so and begged my dad to get it when i saw it at montgomery wards for christmas lol

Sega Master System! I never had one and didn't realize until recently that there were pre-Genesis Sonic games. And speaking of turbo graffix/express I had a serious lust for those things =)

[quote name='TexTuna']I would think it kind to say that that opinion is subjective. Last I checked the latest Capcom, SNK, Fight Night, Grand Tourismo 4 and other games were never made on the DC as that system has been deader than Micheal Jacksons Nose for years now.

Dead is dead and the DC - as great as it was in it's day - is well....DEAD.

TexTuna[/QUOTE]

You realize the new games are still being released for it, right? Radiligy just came out, and Under Defeat is coming in March.

[quote name='fraeone']Sega Master System! I never had one and didn't realize until recently that there were pre-Genesis Sonic games. [/QUOTE]

I think the Sonic games came out on the Genesis first, and then were ported to the SMS (and GameGear, which is internally virtually the same). So the 8 bit Sonics (unlike the 8 bit Marios) came out after the 16 bit versions.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']You realize the new games are still being released for it, right? Radiligy just came out, and Under Defeat is coming in March.[/QUOTE]

How are those games and where do you get them?

I built my own "Treamcast" recently.
a used DC $20 from EB (in pretty good condition)
a Sony psone LCD $13 from Kmart
a AV cable from Gamestop $5 (since EB sent a stupid RF adaptor with my Dc)
a RCA to mini jack adaptor $3 or 5 from Ratshack
Some tapes... a few cents
There you go. Not as neat as the treamcast, but functional indentical. and you probably get a better picture from my own build, since I believe the screen on the sony psone lcd might be several times better than the one used on the Treamcast. Only cost 1/3 of the Treamcast.

Want to play in your car? just Add a $20 12v-AC adaptor. Done.

[quote name='raregamergirl']Wow, they also have a dual arcade stick by blaze for just $13, might cost a lot to ship though but I used to have a blaze arcade stick (this one says its mini though, mine was huge) and it was a pretty impressive arcade stick[/QUOTE]

I was looking at that too. Shipping is $30 to California. I used to have the bigger ps2 version and it was good (it had the minor problem of the joystick knob unscrewing often). I also like the ultra colorful japanese design. Let me know if you go thru with it and order.

[quote name='Graystone']Yes this is portable. :roll: Why would they name it portable.[/QUOTE]

Not really portable, since its a full size Dreamcast with a screen attached to it.

If you plan on running it in your car, you might want to invest in an inverter since the Dreamcast doesn't have a car power adapter. If you get the inverter, you can hook up any console in your car. 300W should be sufficient. Just get a mini plug to composite cable (many camcorders/cameras come with it )and then get the adapter to connect two composite and hook it up to the composite connector from your console and your good to go. Just make sure your engine is running when you plan on playing. Otherwise, you'll need some jumper cables.. :)

[quote name='KingDox']Yeah it's sad that there are so many people on CAG that don't understand how rare this item is. I bet if I made a thread about 100 buck Sega Maraccas or had a place selling a DC BBA for 50 bucks I would get tons of thread crappers.[/QUOTE]

Just curious...How much are the Maraccas going for nowadays...I bought a bunch of them for like $30 from an eb back in like 01'...But sold them shortly thereafter...I'm sure your answer is going to be painful.

[quote name='dserafin1986']Just curious...How much are the Maraccas going for nowadays...I bought a bunch of them for like $30 from an eb back in like 01'...But sold them shortly thereafter...I'm sure your answer is going to be painful.[/QUOTE]
hope you got around $100 for them.

Not trying to thread crap, but...
dc484cv3ce.jpg

The man behind this makes many other systems portable, including the Jaguar and N64. Unfortunately he stopped taking orders in January. A handheld Dreamcast cost 350 dollars.

Friend of Sonic, does that thing play actual Dreamcast CD's or ROMS? From the size I'm goimg ROMS, but technology being so advanced I could be wrong.

[quote name='daroga']That's cool, but when I looked at that before (and now again), that screen is just crap...[/QUOTE]

Its actually a sony ps1 screen where the ccfls have been replaced with white leds. They do it to increase the battery life but i think it makes the screen look like ass.

bread's done
Back